Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

[Freebuild] Walt’s Journey

The Brickscalibur event is over… and it was fun and interesting to see all these medievals builds.

I was inspired by all 6 categories and choosed at the early beginning to make one submission for each… but I had no much time… and no much bricks left for my participation so I choosed to work on vignettes for 4 of the category. I decided to stage my sigfig Walt Herboï in a little adventure.

Vignette - 12x12 (Walt’s journey 1/4)

The riches that passed through the port of Barqa were numerous and accidents during unloading were not rare. The Varlyrian nobility also sometimes tended to dispose of objects that have become cumbersome directly in the port. That was enough to persuade Walt to visit. He crossed the Whiter Woods to reach Barqa and went for a swim as refreshing as it was lucrative.

Rogues and Outlaws (Walt’s journey 2/4)

Gold is good, but it's complicated to transport. Walt was forced to part with it at a second-hand dealer from Barqa. Dreaming of adventure, he exchanged it for a treasure map, which seems to indicate the presence of a cave guarded by a dragon not far from Marginea. As he recrosses the Whiter Woods, he comes face to face with elves ready to rid him of his riches. The old parchment in his hand does not make the elves pursue him too long ... it would have been quite the opposite if he still had his pockets full of gold coins.

Monstrous Encounters (Walt’s Journey 3/4)

The map Walt obtained at the port of Barqa indicates treasure hidden in the mountains south of Sionnach, allegedly guarded by a dragon. Thirsting for adventure, Walt climbs the mountain’s steepest side and comes upon a temple carved into the rock. It seems uninhabited but its contents shine brightly. With his foot on a gold coin, a terrible rumble resounds. Huggingy the wall, Walt feels the warm breath of the half-awakened dragon.

Interior Architect (Walt’s Journey 4/4)

In a defensive reflex, Walt grabbed a sword very close to him before to roll down the mountain. If his legs saved his life, this sword would change it ... his dream is finally coming true, he will be able to enter the throne room and offer his services at the same time as this sword to King Dagorn and thus follow the path of his late father.

Thank you for your feedbacks… my rogues and outlaws participation is the least successful of the four builds but I’m happy with the elves!

Was Walt not at the joust?

Very cool to see them all together like this and get a sense of the flow of the whole story. 

@Eyrezer

No. He couldn’t be in the rich part of the build, and I didn’t ask you to try to figure him in the poor part, I consider he had never enter the dragon’s clan fortress.

He wasn’t at the joust because he needed to find a way to join the dragon clan quickly. His visit to the watchtower was not succesfull because he was to young… He spent some time at the « New Hope » grange but even if everybody was kind it was not such an adventure. Now he pushed the door of the dragon’s clan forteress, I’ll have to build this forteress.

Very cool idea to take these categories and turn them into a vigentte story!  I especially like the dragon cave--hard to beat those golden banana eyes! :grin:

59 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Very cool idea to take these categories and turn them into a vigentte story!  I especially like the dragon cave--hard to beat those golden banana eyes! :grin:

Thank you Kai.

I was wanted to participate to the contest within continuing my work for GoH. For the moment I kept all my GoH related builds and minifigs so I have less and less bricks left. My only way to participate was to make some little builds and it was a new personal challenge because I didn’t try the vignette format before.

It was a one shot build in a few hours, i didn’t used any advanced technics to build this scene and I used the complete head of a Ninjago mecha-dragon set without any modifications. I planned first to build my own dragon head later but I didn’t because I love these eyes and the color scheme fit with avalonians builds!

Great vignettes! My favorite has to be the diving minfig and the dragon cave. I also like the last picture of 2/4 with the tree and archer blurry in the background. That looks cool.

But those legs of the diver :laugh: Beeing a swimmer myself, i can feel with the minifig :thumbup:

On 1/18/2022 at 6:48 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Great vignettes! My favorite has to be the diving minfig and the dragon cave. I also like the last picture of 2/4 with the tree and archer blurry in the background. That looks cool.

But those legs of the diver :laugh: Beeing a swimmer myself, i can feel with the minifig :thumbup:

Thank you. Working on vignettes is really interesting, the Moc need to be efficient! I think the dragon cave is the more efficient of the 4 builds: it needs one single picture to see the whole scene. It’s quite impossible to see the whole diver’s Moc in a picture photo unfortunately!

Edited by Sympatik Brick

Great builds!  Lots of detail here, and I like how it all runs together for Walt.  The dragon head is well done, hard to avoid light leaks, but yours looks nice.  The archer in the tree is a nice touch, and the throne room is very polished with lots of small ornate details that really add to the feeling of a royal presence.  I think my favorite has to be the first one, with the dive into the water.  What a great idea and execution!  I could think of no better way to show this.  And the arch is fun to boot!