Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

[Freebuild] « New Hope » Grange in Marginea (Avalonia)

« New Hope » Grange in Marginea (Avalonia)

Walt was not immediately accepted into the Dragon Knights ... indeed he is not of legal age yet, but it is only a matter of months. Walt already imagined himself training hard, fighting, riding dragons. He will have to arm himself with patience, while waiting, he has to earn a living ... so he will work hard on a small farm not far from home. Everyone knows it there and the crops, livestock and people still need water!

« New Hope » Grange in Marginea

This is a very cute scene! 
also, Dwagons!

feedback,

-For the border, tiles generally are better than plates. It looks cleaner. 
-Maybe add some more plants, especially around the house

-and the muddy path could use some more tiles

-very good! 

Thank for your feedback. I am agree with these.

- For the border: I have no more dark tan tiles and I used them under the roof… (I can remove it!) Black or white tiles was not nice. I’ll improve later if I found in a PAB wall.

- For the plants: I have some and will put more I think but I need some better Technic to put the building diagonally without all these tiles. I don’t have more green parts for the moment! I need to dismantled an old Moc! 

- For the muddy path, I’ll try, but too much round tiles was too regularly and I was not happy with the squared one/rectangular one. I have an idea to modify (and I would need a second pig! 😛)

Edit: V.2!

Black tiles on the edge, new muddy path and more vegetation. There is no longer any dark gray under the house. I used the tan plates that I removed from the edge.

642B8FE9-59D7-44EA-8AF5-C1A6160A8D37

« New Hope » Grange in Marginea V.2

« New Hope » Grange in Marginea V.2

Edited by Sympatik Brick

Wow, very nice!  Love the all brick border!  I really like the thatched roof, too.  It is fairly simple but has good texture to it.  The dormer window looks good as well.  You have a good sense of color and the fall foliage looks great.  I'm a little surprised how well the monkey king works with the elf woman hair, but it does!  Nice placement of the house at an angle to the studs, and the smoke is a nice touch.  The tiles in the pig pen work very well.  If I had to make a suggestion it would be to make the path lower than the grass, rather than raised, since it would normally be beaten down.  I really love the front door: great use of the minecraft tiles!  Keep up the good work!

On 11/6/2021 at 12:39 AM, Grover said:

Wow, very nice!  Love the all brick border!  I really like the thatched roof, too.  It is fairly simple but has good texture to it.  The dormer window looks good as well.  You have a good sense of color and the fall foliage looks great.  I'm a little surprised how well the monkey king works with the elf woman hair, but it does!  Nice placement of the house at an angle to the studs, and the smoke is a nice touch.  The tiles in the pig pen work very well.  If I had to make a suggestion it would be to make the path lower than the grass, rather than raised, since it would normally be beaten down.  I really love the front door: great use of the minecraft tiles!  Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your feedback. The monkey King / forest maiden minifig (with Aladin’s body) was one minifig build for the CMF contest (before to choose to build only kings/queens and sorcerers…) It supposed to be a fruit merchant in Kaliphlin…

I put it in this Moc because especially to see if it is a coherent minifig! It looks like!

Ps: I have make modification on the path. It’s better now… I need to take some more pictures.

Edited by Sympatik Brick