Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Day 3

Ach, another poor soul has been killed in the night, and a thilthy traitor has made an attempt on our good priest's life! These are grim times indeed, it is now more than ever that we need to drive this scum out of our once-good castle of the King.

I actually have a theory that an investigator is almost like a priest (sorry, Friar), something of a neutral figure. I, however, suspect those who would hire such a person. How would they select who to investigate? Surely a traitor knows his own kind, so he would only investigate the loyalists, hoping to throw suspicion. As the first loyalist investigated, I felt that was the intended result.

Oh, and he didn't claim to work for Lord Ash. As I recall, he simple stated he worked for a Lord. His specific employment was revealed by Lord Ash himself.

At this point, we're still waiting for his report from last night. Part of the terms of his continued existance upon this mortal plane.

Perhaps you should've kept away from the wine last night my good sir...

*Smacks Mike with a fish*

I actually didn't "get caught" I admitted that I was the one snooping. And Lord Ash hired me to investigate, so I was supposed to be snooping.

All I was told was that I was supposed to snoop for Lord Ash, and that I caught the food that the king ate. And by the way, I didn't vote for you either.

~ Calvin the Fisherman ~

(OOC: I won't be able to post as often this week as I am going to Chicago tomorrow to attend Brickworld until Saturday.)

:tongue:

(OOC: This also explains why he hasn't reported back on his investigating...)

He and the loyal Lord Martin were rather at each other, claiming the other to be a traitor, then we find him in a room at night acting as a spy! he claims to have been working for lord ash, and claims not to know the Lords intentions, have we yet considered the opposite, does Lord Ash know of Calvins allegiance? haste into decision we must not, but one be made by the end of day, or else we might have more potatos

Welcome, Byron! It's good to know you've been taking care of yourself lately... :tongue: Calvin seemed to be a respectable man (for a fisherman atleast...), but I wouldn't put it past anyone here to be a traitor. Some of his actions as of late have been rather suspicious, but I still have faith that he is exactly what he says.

... and a thilthy traitor has made an attempt on our good priest's life!

Thilthy, huh? I'm not the only one hitting the wine around here. :tongue:

As for the attempt, it was probably someone who didn't like what he had to say, wouldn't you think?

(OOC: This also explains why he hasn't reported back on his investigating...)

I don't recall us telling him he could have a real life. :angry::laugh:

“I have only been able to establish two members of the castle that can be completely trusted, Lord Dragonator and Majiko, however the Dragon Ragnir is to be watched, *looks to Lord Dragonator* he cheated you in that last game of stones when your were interrupted by Fred (Kurtt Krueger), and yes beans was my last meal, what a great nose you have.”

So that was you who made that smell... :sick:

What happened last night is a disgrace! I am displeased. Our Friar attacked, and some insignificant squire whom I have never really met was killed! That's another loyalist. If you keep this up it will end like the Western Mafia!

What's a Western Mafia? :wacko:

Ah, some group of wacko's that live in the west.

Oh right. :hmpf:

Did that Lieutenant over there say he didn't trust one of my dragons? Why would he say that? :cry_sad:

Well Ragnir did swap those stones around while you weren't looking...

What!? Ragnir!!!

Lord Dragonator storms off to find Ragnir so they can have a rematch.

So... Breakfast anyone? :grin: Bring on the food!

So... Breakfast anyone? :grin: Bring on the food!

Oh yes please! I really need a good heart breakfast following that story, and though I now believe the Friar to be innocent, sometimes the traitor is actually the most suspicious person: Calvin the Fisherman!

I don't recall us telling him he could have a real life. :angry::laugh:

You mean this isn't real? :oh3:

I don't believe you! :cry_sad:

Begone foul demon, your lies should not be heard! :angry:

He was kidding right? I'm real. I know I am... :look:

Will we never find these traitors? they do have a fine habit of killing all of the loyalists off! It is with an uneasy stare that i cast my eyes over all of you! :wacko: no wait thats how i look after a couple of drinks, and this is how i felt after being served Red potatoes this morning for breakfast :sick:

I think some further investigation is required from all the other 'loyalists out there.....where is Kyle when we need a good set of thumbscrews......

My apologies to Lt Byron, as in my sleep deprived state i may have called you Lord. I do not wish to group you amongst us, for to do so would bring further doubt on your motives in this trial.

At this point, we're still waiting for his report from last night. Part of the terms of his continued existance upon this mortal plane.

That of course depends on us getting enough votes today to execute him. I hope it won't be as difficult as yesterday.

He was kidding right? I'm real. I know I am... :look:

Of course you are real. Now, about that breakfast you promised...

*Lt Byron wakes up on his floor with the book covering his face.*

Will we never find these traitors? they do have a fine habit of killing all of the loyalists off! It is with an uneasy stare that i cast my eyes over all of you! :wacko: no wait thats how i look after a couple of drinks, and this is how i felt after being served Red potatoes this morning for breakfast :sick:

I think some further investigation is required from all the other 'loyalists out there.....where is Kyle when we need a good set of thumbscrews......

My apologies to Lt Byron, as in my sleep deprived state i may have called you Lord. I do not wish to group you amongst us, for to do so would bring further doubt on your motives in this trial.

Apologies accepted my Lord, it be hard to have such a title in this castle, one being guaranteed to be a traitor, however i am sure that this band of miscreants would have infiltrated all levels of our fair castle. So statistically your 1 in 3 chance of being a traitor are on par with the rest of us! Only as i see it, you have the benefit of being our good kings bloodline, and therefore a candidate for our future good king!

As for these tasteless red potatoes let us make vodka and drink to the memory of who's life they took, just please limit the friars share!

no news from those who travel to this strange dungeon called brickworld are they to be released some time before days end? if not does that mean that there is less than usual required to hang a suspect? Also who is in this dungeon at the moment, i know Lord Savril, Calvin and Mary are to be preoccupied today...

*Lt Byron wakes up on his floor with the book covering his face.*

no news from those who travel to this strange dungeon called brickworld are they to be released some time before days end? if not does that mean that there is less than usual required to hang a suspect? Also who is in this dungeon at the moment, i know Lord Savril, Calvin and Mary are to be preoccupied today...

Sir, I think the dungeon closed its doors and threw out all visitors yesterday, so those who traveled there should be available some time today. After all, the dungeon lies far to the west, and thus it's still early morning there. I find this notion of the day starting later further to the west quite strange, but the wizard has assured me that that is the case.

(OOC: I really wonder if this will be merged with the previous post or not...)

*Michael the guard is standing all by himself in the great hall, wondering where everyone else has run off to*

Hmm, it's awfully quiet in here now. Not that I'm not used to being alone while standing guard, but there should be a large gathering of people in the great hall now, and yet I'm standing here all alone. I really wonder where everyone else is...

Perhaps the king's seat is nice and comfortable... but how could I dare trying it, a lowly soldier, in the King's seat (may he rest in peace). Guess I'll just have to stand here all guardylike until the others return from whatever they're up to. I'm sure the traitors are up to some kind of nasty mischief.

Gosh, I need some wine. All of these people arguing are giving me a headache. The worst thing is that the traitors are the majority and are going to find it easier to execute more loyalists. And now all of this talk about strange dungeons called "Brickworld," filled with traitorous thoughts. I think I need a lie down.

Thilthy, huh? I'm not the only one hitting the wine around here. :tongue:

I blame it on the edit button... whatever that is... :look: ... Got any more wine, Friar? :blush:

Gosh, I need some wine. All of these people arguing are giving me a headache. The worst thing is that the traitors are the majority and are going to find it easier to execute more loyalists. And now all of this talk about strange dungeons called "Brickworld," filled with traitorous thoughts. I think I need a lie down.

(OOC: No, the traitors can't be in the majority, they start with less people than the town in every mafia game. If they were the majority at the moment, they'd be able to vote and kill us all off right now.)

Crushed by taters, eh?

Sorry.

Seems as if another loyalist has fallen... Damien is unsure what to make of this. Nevertheless, it is a horrible loyalist loss. I believe we should all be more cautious with the traitors around. Maybe I'll sit down for a while... revel in my drugs... and... Zzz.

Wow, that magical tale you showed us was rather brashing. What did you call it, "youth tub"? :wacko:

And where is Damien anyway? He should have been here by now.

As for these tasteless red potatoes let us make vodka and drink to the memory of who's life they took, just please limit the friars share!

Words of the DEVIL! :devil: (immediately pulls out Ex-communication For Dummies Handbook).

I have STRONG reason to believe that one of the Lords is in fact a traitor, and perhaps one of the Generals.

(looks at Lord Savril... Lord Ash... Lord Gary... General Marcus... and General Spencer very suspiciously before pulling out a large magnifying glass from under his robe).

I would suggest that you men stay visible, and don't turn around!

(begins having a

and speaking in "Tongues",

"Der Kommissar's in Town"!)

I have STRONG reason to believe that one of the Lords is in fact a traitor...

I already told everyone that. Is Lady Dolores writing notes to you now?

I already told everyone that. Is Lady Dolores writing notes to you now?

I believe he's been getting a lot of his inspiration from other spirits. Jack and Jim, specifically. :wink:

For the record....Jack is MY guide!

I believe Lord Savril's guide is a man named Jameson.

And since it is so quiet, I have no clue who I shall vote for.

Words of the DEVIL! :devil: (immediately pulls out Ex-communication For Dummies Handbook).

I have STRONG reason to believe that one of the Lords is in fact a traitor, and perhaps one of the Generals.

(looks at Lord Savril... Lord Ash... Lord Gary... General Marcus... and General Spencer very suspiciously before pulling out a large magnifying glass from under his robe).

I would suggest that you men stay visible, and don't turn around!

(begins having a

and speaking in "Tongues",

"Der Kommissar's in Town"!)

*observes the friar reading the book*

hmm interesting "good friar", you confirm that you use your position in the church for personal gain. i suggested we limit your intake for two reasons, one you are injured and must recover soon, your life may be in danger and in this slower state an easier target adding vodka to your position only leaves you more vulnerable, unless obviously you have no concerns over another attack as it was a set up?

the second reason was because poor Mary has only just finished cleaning OUR messes up...

where does this strong accusation against the generals of the guard come from? i too suspect two members of the guard are traitors, based purely on numbers but what grounds do you have a general, this interests me greatly, i see now that i was right to enter hiding...

if in deed it comes from a sorce other than the spirits, that makes two traitors positions known, A lord and a general, now my math skills are not that of the chefs, but simple deduction means...

21 members - 2 dead = 19

9 - 2 positions = 7

seeing as the game continues the maximum of traitors left to find is 7 (19/2 rounded), that seems far to many so say five more

5 in 17 people may be traitors thats one in three!

now 6 guards, two traitors (?one a general?)

4 lords or ladies, one traitor (one lord)

9 non-guard, non-lords, three traitors

one more need be placed but where?

or at least thats my theory! i fear i have given my calculations away, but this is where all my reasonings come from... if you note all i say its based around these workings, my subtle hints and clues however have gone unheard. Myself now a target for those that plot against us, i hope you head my words.

*pulls out from the friars cloak "how to convince a friar he's had far too much to drink and should stop for his own benefit for dummies" and also confiscates the friars copy of "potatoes and brewing for dummies"*

you can have that back when i am convinced you do not need an AA meeting. just remember the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem!

Warning: The following may contain shocking and explicit content. Not suited for those of a slightly unstable background.

The people were sitting happily enjoying the delicious food. All except the cook. Ernest was not happy, not at all. The continuous suspicions laid against him had driven him to the point of insanity. He hated it. All he had wanted to be was a great cook. He'd hoped to open a little restaurant along the boulevard...

But that was not to be.

He had been insulted to many times. Now most recently was the helmet on his head. He could no longer stand the pressure. Ernest looked down on the Grand Hall for what he knew would be the last time. He leaned forward...

Down below, Lord Savril was having a particularly intense conversation with Lady Dolores, while the Friar chatted with Rotrigous. Lunch was delicious! Suddenly a white blur crashed into the oaken table, sending wine, cutlery, greek salads, a large trifle, golden platers of fruit and nuts, wine, and two well hidden daggers flying through the air, making a terrible mess. What was more of a mess however was the broken, mangled body of the chef, known to the assembled people as Hyphos, lying amongst his art...

LOL!

Guilty conscience?

Well Mary, good luck with this one. You have had one busy day today. Blood, poop, more blood; I think she deserves a raise!

Down below, Lord Savril was having a particularly intense conversation with Lady Dolores, while the Friar chatted with Rotrigous. Lunch was delicious! Suddenly white blur crashed into the oaken table, sending wine, cutlery, greek salads, a large trifle, golden platers of fruit and nuts, wine, and two well hidden daggers flying through the air, making a terrible mess. What was more of a mess however was the broken, mangled body of the chef, known to the assembled people as Hyphos, lying amongst his art...[/i]

Rotrigous grabs his nuts before they can bounce off the table whilst simultaneously dodging a flying dagger that falls to the floor several feet away. :grin:

"I say... it seems we'll be on our own for dessert." :angry:

Rotrigous reaches across the remains of the table, amongst other things, to retrieve a dish.

"Trifle, Friar?" :wink:

The people were still in shock from this sudden event, and it took a moment for them to react. However, the body was soon thoroughly searched, and any alcoholic substances were removed. It was then discovered that the chef was indeed a loyalist.

Hmmm, I might let his Lordship finish his game before I go tell him, he wont be happy at all... :look:

So... anybody know anything about cooking? :grin:

(OOC: Just so nobody thinks I'm a crazy maniac prone to randomly killing off players ( :grin: Hehehe... :look: ),, I thought I had better let you know that Hyphos has decided to leave the show due to his work commitments. We are sorry to see him leave without the grand prize, however he does get to take home this wonderful gift basket! :thumbup: )

(OOC: Just so nobody thinks I'm a crazy maniac prone to randomly killing off players ( :grin: Hehehe... :look: )

Isn't that exactly what a crazy maniac prone to randomly killing off players would say?

So far, you've killed more of them then we have! :laugh: All loyalists too. :cry_sad:

*eyes dragonator suspiciously* :hmpf_bad:

Isn't that exactly what a crazy maniac prone to randomly killing off players would say?

So far, you've killed more of them then we have! :laugh: All loyalists too. :cry_sad:

*eyes dragonator suspiciously* :hmpf_bad:

Don't look at me I had nothing to do with it! Talk to him!

Who me?

Yes you!

Couldn't b-

Not that again! :hmpf:

Hey, it's not my fault these people aren't committed. Talk to the organiser.

Is that me?

I think so.

Aren't we all the same person?

Don't tell Lord Dragontater that.

Right... :sceptic:

You know I think that-

For once could you not be in a conversation? Please?

Oh all right then... :cry_sad: Your so mean to me...

Yeah, get off the poor guys back!

Excuse me? Are you accusing me of-

No he's not, now all of you cut it out.

He started it.

No, he did!

Look, could you take it outside please? I'm getting a headache...

Yeah, we haven't finished this stones game! And I was legitimately winning to!

Oh not you too! :sing:

*singing*

It's so hard to escape the voices in your head.

Shut it! :angry: