Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I am so happy that we are finally getting the JP jeep!

You mean Ford Explorer?

This Jurassic World Dominion trailer is awesome! I'm so excited to watch this movie when it comes out! Seeing Ian Malcolm, Alan Grant, and Ellie Sattler was so nostalgic and takes me back to the first Jurassic Park film :excited:

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Speaking of the gate…. Is it odd to see two brick-built t-rexes?

I don't think so. The moulded dinosaurs make for great playsets. Brick-built ones are great for 18+. If that diorama is accurate, I can see a brick-built T. Rex looking amazing, compared to a moulded one that might make it look cheap or inelegant. When you get down to the scale of the mid-sized and smaller dinosaurs is where you likely lose the ability to produce a brick-built one that looks good.

The Ideas Dinosaur Fossils T. Rex 21320 vs the new Jurassic World/Camp Cretaceous 76940 is a good example. I much prefer the look of the Ideas brick-built fossils as an adult, but the moulded head in the new version is excellent for a play set, for kids to build (and to tie in with the other sets).

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if there would be a goat mold in $100 set with brick-built T-rex? 

I doubt it. They wanted to bring it back for the T. Rex Rampage 75936, but couldn't. And that was a $250 set.

Anyone fancy painting a sheep and gluing some horns on? :laugh: 

One day we'll get one, and I shall buy them to put into each of these sets.

13 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I don't think so. The moulded dinosaurs make for great playsets. Brick-built ones are great for 18+. If that diorama is accurate, I can see a brick-built T. Rex looking amazing, compared to a moulded one that might make it look cheap or inelegant. When you get down to the scale of the mid-sized and smaller dinosaurs is where you likely lose the ability to produce a brick-built one that looks good.

The Ideas Dinosaur Fossils T. Rex 21320 vs the new Jurassic World/Camp Cretaceous 76940 is a good example. I much prefer the look of the Ideas brick-built fossils as an adult, but the moulded head in the new version is excellent for a play set, for kids to build (and to tie in with the other sets).

Good point. I nearly forgot how pricey that T-rex Ramapge was. 

15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I doubt it. They wanted to bring it back for the T. Rex Rampage 75936, but couldn't. And that was a $250 set.

Fair enough but I’m quite optimistic about the goat’s return one. I mean, Lego is completely unpredictable. 

Nahhh, I will pass on gluing on sheep!

20 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Fair enough but I’m quite optimistic about the goat’s return one. I mean, Lego is completely unpredictable. 

Nahhh, I will pass on gluing on sheep! It would be baaaaaaad.

I have a theory that the largest set will be that plane scene with that Flying dinosaur. Giant plane and possibly a brickbuilt Dino

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

I have a theory that the largest set will be that plane seen with that Flying dinosaur. Giant plane and possibly a brickbuilt Dino

Nah.

First of all, briclbuilt dinosaurs are only for 18+ sets, like D2Cs or dioramas. 

Second of all, I expect it to be a big set, but not the biggest. Imo the biggest one will be a playset with Giganotosaurus and a bunch of great minifigures, not just three of them.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nah.

First of all, briclbuilt dinosaurs are only for 18+ sets, like D2Cs or dioramas. 

Second of all, I expect it to be a big set, but not the biggest. Imo the biggest one will be a playset with Giganotosaurus and a bunch of great minifigures, not just three of them.

wait a minute...that Dino at the end was the gigantosaurus?? Holy hell now that is one fig I really want

Honestly, I'm very much looking forward to seeing this new Quotes set. I'm glad they are expanding the idea to multiple themes beyond Star Wars, and I definitely hope it goes to more than just JP and SW as well (only time will tell). 

It looks like the set will be revealed tomorrow, along with two other Jurassic sets...

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

3 sets tomorrow. The T-Rex set and 76951 Pyroraptor & Dilophosaurus Transport

76950 Triceratops Pickup Truck Ambush 

Oh cool! I can’t wait!

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I'm excited. This T-Rex set came out of nowhere and all of the sudden we get a reveal. It's much more enjoyable than hearing about a set months in advance and agonizing over seeing the thing for awhile. Thanks for the info.

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Oh god that's fantastic news!

A Pyroraptor and a Dilophosaurus in a single 45€ set? I absolutely love it, since Pyroraptor is my most wanted Dino out of this wave.

I am a bit disapointed that the soooooo long awaited Explorer comes into a 1200-pieces set, without the "adult" box theme ... but we are eventually getting it, this is so cool !!

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh god that's fantastic news!

A Pyroraptor and a Dilophosaurus in a single 45€ set? I absolutely love it, since Pyroraptor is my most wanted Dino out of this wave.

Finally, a red dinosaur :drool: Looking forward to this one the most so far!

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Finally, a red dinosaur :drool: Looking forward to this one the most so far!

I can't express how much I love how it looks. We've just seen a few shots of it, but it's already my favourite Jurassic franchise dinosaur.