Clone OPatra

Super Mario 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Honestly I've thought about the possibility of Mario Kart sets using the existing "digi-figs" using a scannable tile to activate the kart features and adding race music and acceleration/drifting sound effects based on the accelerometer. Using the digi-figs would allow for bigger, chunkier karts with a decent level of brick-built detail compared to what smaller minifigure-scaled ones necessarily would have. A subtheme like that wouldn't have to be large and could have a couple sets with different karts for Mario and Luigi, some of which might just be the kart itself and others of which could include features like ramps, obstacles, and start/finish lines.

The drawback is that a Mario Kart subtheme like that wouldn't feature as many "playable" characters as K'nex's take on it, but I think zooming the karts around would still be fun in its own right.

19 hours ago, teamzissou said:

I most prefer cmf blindbags of actual minifigures BUT would also buy Mario version of sets similar to Speed Champions with a Mario minifig 

CMF sounds great for sure. But how can they do that? I mean, there are human characters (Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Daisy, Wario, Wluigi) and CMF has 12 slots?

Do Speed Chamion theme have minifigures? I don’t follow that theme real close.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

CMF sounds great for sure. But how can they do that? I mean, there are human characters (Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Daisy, Wario, Wluigi) and CMF has 12 slots?

Do Speed Chamion theme have minifigures? I don’t follow that theme real close.

Yes. They do. Nothing spectacular but yes. 

You bring up a good point with lots of Mario characters being "nonhuman." That would be tricky/expensive. LEGO was generous with molds in the Sesame Street set but unfortunately so many significant new molds in a new cmf series could be a problem. But again I'm guessing Muppets will include lots of new molds. 

16 minutes ago, teamzissou said:

You bring up a good point with lots of Mario characters being "nonhuman." That would be tricky/expensive. LEGO was generous with molds in the Sesame Street set but unfortunately so many significant new molds in a new cmf series could be a problem. But again I'm guessing Muppets will include lots of new molds. 

Oh, I didn’t pay attention real close to Speed Champions. 

Anyways, yeah I agreed. And Winnie the Pooh set does have an awesome mold - Eeyore. I kinda hope that Mario CMF would have differnet “nonhuman” characters other than Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, etc. I just hope that the Muppet Series could have a new direction for future licensed series. For example, I hope Simba, Timon, Dumbo or some “nonhuman” characters showing up in Disney Series. Sure, it’s more unlikely. 

50 minutes ago, teamzissou said:

I don't think it would be an issue since a lot of new molds were introduced in the Looney Tunes CMF.

13 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I don't think it would be an issue since a lot of new molds were introduced in the Looney Tunes CMF.

Good point! I forgot about those already

Hello everyone! First time poster, been lurking for a few months.

Wanted to share my theory about 71410.

Articles I've read have assumed 71410 is series five of the polybag characters, but there a couple things that make me think this might be slightly different...

- The piece count is 47 pieces. Usually the character bags are between 22-29 pieces.

- The retail price is 5.99. Usually the character bags retail at 4.99.

- There is a rumor about a six-character set that when the price-points and piece counts came out appeared to be debunked, but what if the source information was simply misunderstood?

What if 71410 are blind boss characters with six different characters available? Currently Bowser Jr. is available in the Mario starter set, and Larry Koopa in the expansion set from last year. That leaves exactly SIX Koopalings that still aren't available. If you count the number of pieces used to make the Larry figure, it's exactly 48... Just one more than the 47 listed for the 71410 set.

That leads me to think there is a possibility that 71410 is the remaining six Koopalings.

Just wild speculation, but I thought I would share!

Eta: More of a stretch, but the Clown Car being released in January and Mecha-Koopa in series four characters could also be a clue. Each of the Koopalings have their own Clown Car and in some of the games throw Mecha Koopas from the car.

Edited by Bkidd92

17 hours ago, Bkidd92 said:

Articles I've read have assumed 71410 is series five of the polybag characters, but there a couple things that make me think this might be slightly different...

- The piece count is 47 pieces. Usually the character bags are between 22-29 pieces.

- There is a rumor about a six-character set that when the price-points and piece counts came out appeared to be debunked, but what if the source information was simply misunderstood?

What if 71410 are blind boss characters with six different characters available? Currently Bowser Jr. is available in the Mario starter set, and Larry Koopa in the expansion set from last year. That leaves exactly SIX Koopalings that still aren't available. If you count the number of pieces used to make the Larry figure, it's exactly 48... Just one more than the 47 listed for the 71410 set.

That leads me to think there is a possibility that 71410 is the remaining six Koopalings.

Eta: More of a stretch, but the Clown Car being released in January and Mecha-Koopa in series four characters could also be a clue. Each of the Koopalings have their own Clown Car and in some of the games throw Mecha Koopas from the car.

I like the way you think! Let’s hope you’re right. It is a great idea!

On 3/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, Bkidd92 said:

I want the remaining Koopa Kids so bad! They'd be great for Super Mario Bros. 3 nostalgia. Plus many of us grew up watching Super Mario World and Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoons where the Koopalings were main antagonists

Out of curiosity... does anyone know why the Bony Beetle seems to be that much more expensive on Bricklink/eBay than the other Series 3 character packs? I ordered a set of the other nine series three packs on eBay since sets of ten seemed prohibitively expensive, but the Bony Beetle on its own also seems to be in high demand...

8 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Out of curiosity... does anyone know why the Bony Beetle seems to be that much more expensive on Bricklink/eBay than the other Series 3 character packs? I ordered a set of the other nine series three packs on eBay since sets of ten seemed prohibitively expensive, but the Bony Beetle on its own also seems to be in high demand...

Bony Beetle and Crowber were only available one-per-case versus all of the others being packed two-per-case. Series One and Series Two were evenly distributed with cases of 20, but Three and Four come with cases of 18. I have read that Mecha Koopa and Stingy are packed one-per-case in the current series, but I bought a full case that had six Mecha Koopas and no Freezies or Stingbys so I'm not sure if that was a production error.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:30 AM, Bkidd92 said:

Mmmm, hat’ snot a bad theory you came up with. Honestly I like the way you think!

Mar10 day is coming up next week, are we expecting any reveals? I remember they revealed the theme on Mar10 day back in 2020, but I can’t remember if they did anything last year.

3 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Mar10 day is coming up next week, are we expecting any reveals? I remember they revealed the theme on Mar10 day back in 2020, but I can’t remember if they did anything last year.

Hot that i am aware of. But in that case, I sure hope it’s minifigure sets instead of digifigure ones. 

21 hours ago, Portal Out said:

There's a pretty high likelihood that they'll at the very least unveil a proper trailer for the upcoming Super Mario Movie, so if sets based on that are planned, we might at least get a better idea of what sort of things to expect.

Edited by Lyichir

TLG just revealed the new Peach digifig and a Peach‘s Castle set :thumbup: One day too early though :tongue:

Ludwig, Spike, and Boomerang Bro are also welcome additions :classic:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I figured Peach was nearby, other characters from the ? Block were released around the time block was (Bully, Lakitu, and the baby Penguin). Peach was always the glaring omission, even more so after that set. 

I’m so glad to see Ludwig! Glad to have another Koopa Kid.

Well, I was wrong! They did go for Peach third!

The figure looks good, though I'm curious what she looks like with the power-ups since it looks like she's taller than the other bros and part of her blouse (where her hair overlaps) seems like it'd remain visible with the typical overalls on.

The castle looks great too, and it's great that Ludwig is in there (in addition to another way to obtain Bowser now that his castle is retired). Two Koopalings down, five to go! Maybe the starter set for Princess Peach could include another? Though there's a chance they could go for a different boss like Pom-Pom for that set.

The other characters from yet-to-be-revealed sets look good too! Yellow Toad is a nice addition, getting us ever closer to having the full "Toad Brigade" from games like Mario Galaxy and Odyssey. The Boomerang Bro is a great addition to the lineup (hopefully others like Hammer Bros, Fire Bros, and Ice Bros show up in due time). And Spike looks INCREDIBLE (from the looks of it you need to trigger him to "throw" his spike bar to be able to scan him).

I think it looks great! Now that Peach's Castle has been leaked/revealed, what are your thoughts on the D2C? Is the D2C more likely to be Peach's Castle now? Because there are more usable pieces like the stained glass window and the red towers? Or is the chance actually less? I hope its the Castle, but think they are that saving it for next year or later and making a D2C based on the Mario movie. Would be awesome if they are including minifigures.

Edited by Bricknificent

2 hours ago, Bricknificent said:

I think it looks great! Now that Peach's Castle has been leaked/revealed, what are your thoughts on the D2C? Is the D2C more likely to be Peach's Castle now? Because there are more usable pieces like the stained glass window and the red towers? Or is the chance actually less? I hope its the Castle, but think they are that saving it for next year or later and making a D2C based on the Mario movie. Would be awesome if they are including minifigures.

I'd reckon D2C is less likely to be Peach's Castle if we're getting a "playset" Peach's Castle as well this year. But really apart from that, it could be practically anything—there's been no real "pattern" for D2C sets in this theme so far to extrapolate from, other than the D2Cs so far NOT being the same sort of playset as the starter and expansion sets.

16 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I'd reckon D2C is less likely to be Peach's Castle if we're getting a "playset" Peach's Castle as well this year. But really apart from that, it could be practically anything—there's been no real "pattern" for D2C sets in this theme so far to extrapolate from, other than the D2Cs so far NOT being the same sort of playset as the starter and expansion sets.

Hmm, yes that is indeed true as well! I'm curious to see what it will be!

4 minutes ago, Bricknificent said:

Hmm, yes that is indeed true as well! I'm curious to see what it will be!

Either Mario Karts 30th anniversary or Sunshines 20th, Galaxy’s 15th or Odyssey’s 5th. 
One of them probably e.g UCS Fludd or UCS Rainbow Road   

2 minutes ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Either Mario Karts 30th anniversary or Sunshines 20th, Galaxy’s 15th or Odyssey’s 5th. 
One of them probably e.g UCS Fludd or UCS Rainbow Road   

Good points! Haha UCS Fludd would be so random :snicker: A UCS Rainbow Road or other courses would be pretty cool!

Hmm, it’s interested to know Peach’s Castle one day earlier!

Well, happy early Mar10!

I was right you guys!  Although, the Peach's castle set shown definitely doesn't seem anywhere near a $130 value, which makes you wonder what sort of scenario is going to outdo Bowser's Airship...

Edited by remachinate