Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, karrit said:

But the HP ones don't come every year and now we're getting Marvel two years in a row making it look like an annual thing.

Exactly.

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

Exactly.

As much as I would like another CMF to flesh out variants of characters that don't fit easily into sets, I think we're getting enough HP this year for most people's wallets so it might not be a bad thing. :classic:

14 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Marvel is trash.

You're pathetic. You know this thread is full of Marvel fans, right? And you're trying to present Marvel being trash like it's an objective fact.

Also, using mash-ups like MarTrash makes you look really childish and immature.

13 minutes ago, karrit said:

But the HP ones don't come every year and now we're getting Marvel two years in a row making it look like an annual thing.

The thing is, the correlation between those two series is non-existent.

It's not like they choose between Marvel or Wizarding World, it's not one or the other. 

Not to mention that they literally made a 4th spot for CMF so they can make a yearly Marvel series.

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

As much as I would like another CMF to flesh out variants of characters that don't fit easily into sets, I think we're getting enough HP this year for most people's wallets so it might not be a bad thing. :classic:

I know, but I just want more. :roflmao::grin_wub: Imagine if we could get 10+ more molds on top of everything else we get, and some new dual-molded/printed figs. I wish we got a new series every year. :moar:

I would prefer 3rd series of HP than 2nd of Marvel but also I have to admit that this year Lego stepped up their game with Marvel line and first time I've bought few sets so I can live with that :)

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s possible to like a franchise without sh*tting on another :tongue:

Tell that to  ̶K̶a̶n̶j̶i̶k̶l̶u̶b̶S̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶f̶ansL̶O̶T̶R̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶G̶o̶T̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶ H̶a̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶P̶o̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶R̶a̶i̶m̶i̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶ M̶c̶u̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶D̶C̶E̶U̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶.̶S̶n̶y̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶M̶o̶v̶i̶e̶s̶c̶i̶r̶c̶l̶e̶j̶e̶r̶k̶e̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶ 

Alright I’m beat, anyone got a fandom that doesn’t do this? Maybe the fandom of Paddington?

I've concluded that the 2021 Advent Calendar feels a bit lacking in terms of having Christmas themed builds compared to the previous calendars.  Only two builds this time are Christmas themed, and that's counting the wreath from day 4.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You're pathetic. You know this thread is full of Marvel fans, right? And you're trying to present Marvel being trash like it's an objective fact.

Also, using mash-ups like MarTrash makes you look really childish and immature.

The thing is, the correlation between those two series is non-existent.

It's not like they choose between Marvel or Wizarding World, it's not one or the other. 

Not to mention that they literally made a 4th spot for CMF so they can make a yearly Marvel series.

I second all of this.

Ok whoa.

No name calling. No personal attacks.

And also no vitriol against another franchise. That's not what we're here for.

Anyone who does any of that again gets a time out to cool off.

[I'll ignore the personal insults as the moderator has addressed them, but know that I won't forget them]

Here are the results:

New figs: Hagrid without his overcoat, Sirius (OoTP) (x2), Death Eater (OoTP), Kreacher, Ernie Macmillan, Merperson, Rita Skeeter (x3), Ghost Lily & James, New female FB character,
New molds: Fang (x2), Grindylow (x2), Ironbelly's head, slytherin's Locket, New broomstick, Shark Krum head, Werewolf head, Kreacher head, Rita's hair, Doe,
New locations: Gryffindor Common Room, Umbridge's office, Shrieking Shack (x3), Grimmauld Place (x2), Ministry of Magic, Weasley tent, Forest of Dean, Ravenclaw Common Room, Magical Menagerie/Eeylop's Owl Emporium,

I'm glad to see that we're all roughly on the same page. I really hope we get the Shrieking Shack and 2nd Task to round off PoA/GoF this year, and No.12 next year and at least a Forest of Dean set eventually; and I think a lot of us would be happy. :grin_wub:

Edited by BrickFunatic

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’d argue HP doesn’t need a third one, the remaining missing characters could easily be featured in future sets

Shh! Careful! Someone with clout might hear you. :wink:

Seriously the HP world is so character rich, and they keep covering the same bases over and over again, that if we were to limit the characters strictly to one or two new ones in sets, they could evergreen this puppy and our great grandchildren might still not have everyone from our want lists. :laugh:

I liked this year's AC, but have to agree with @spiderfan2000  It wasn't very Christmassy. I think 2023, as @BrickFunatic says, I'd love to see a good sized Grimmauld Place, but with a proper Christmas celebration advent calendar tie in. HP always did Christmas well, and that seems like a nice way to reflect it. The set could be OotP, and the calendar chock full of Weasley jumpers, perhaps a Kreacher if the set's budget wouldn't spring for it, Molly and a wounded Arthur, maybe even skipping Ron and Hermione for once if they were in the building's set instead. It would be nice to have older but not yet adult twins, especially as the adult twins were in such an expensive set. And while I appreciate the way they've differentiated the ages of the characters, it does make for even more gaps in the collection when you have such differences between a film 1 character and a potential film 8 character. 

Edited by krimimimi

Come to think of it @krimimimi, in 3 advent calendars, they have covered PS twice and GoF once. Wonder how they would cover the other films.

Prisoner of Azkaban is an obvious one, centre it around Hogsmeade and the snowball fight with Dracos gang.

Yule Ball is covered off unless they want to make a Neville and Ginny.

Order of the Phoenix like you said - Grimmauld Place. Centred around Harry, Sirius and the Weasleys?

Half Blood Prince is well covered too thanks to the Astronomy set and the CMF throwing us Ginny.

Deathly Hallows - why bother mentioning it.

This years theme was from a scene set in September though, so who knows what they will cook up next year. They might even give up on a narrative for next year and just chuck random festive builds at us. Hope not!

6 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Come to think of it @krimimimi, in 3 advent calendars, they have covered PS twice and GoF once. Wonder how they would cover the other films.

Prisoner of Azkaban is an obvious one, centre it around Hogsmeade and the snowball fight with Dracos gang.

Yule Ball is covered off unless they want to make a Neville and Ginny.

Order of the Phoenix like you said - Grimmauld Place. Centred around Harry, Sirius and the Weasleys?

Half Blood Prince is well covered too thanks to the Astronomy set and the CMF throwing us Ginny.

Deathly Hallows - why bother mentioning it.

This years theme was from a scene set in September though, so who knows what they will cook up next year. They might even give up on a narrative for next year and just chuck random festive builds at us. Hope not!

I think Grimmauld Place would make a great Advent Calendar. 

Edited by Prometheus87

@Otherworld Everytime I see your picture I die. I would just LOVE that figure. CoS Hermione was perfect appearance-wise for me and that figure really captures her. :wub:

Is anyone else really sad they put back the sets? I was so looking forwards to buying and building them next week.

27 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

@Otherworld Everytime I see your picture I die. I would just LOVE that figure. CoS Hermione was perfect appearance-wise for me and that figure really captures her. :wub:

Is anyone else really sad they put back the sets? I was so looking forwards to buying and building them next week.

Thank you! You can check my instagram for the full custom @otherworldly.customs

4 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

This could make a pretty good one if done correctly.  Include Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Crabbe and Pike from that scene, and you have a full minifigure lineup for the calendar already.  A micro Shrieking Shack as one of the builds would be a nice touch too.  There's probably a decent number of Hogsmeade themed things that could be included to fill out the rest of the daily builds.  

Imagine the salt if the only Deathly Hallows content we get is a DH-themed advent calendar. Mini builds of the tent, Ironbelly, maybe throw in some diner furniture... I should stop before I give TLG too many ideas.

As for the CMF discussion, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get another series. I don't think any licensed series has had more than two series. Simpsons, Disney, and TLBM all ended at two series each. If you count it, TLM and TLM2 works with that pattern too. Now Marvel is joining its ranks, but we don't know if that will run longer than two.

In Marvel's defense, there's much more of a basis when you look at content. I mean, just look at the two HP series and how many figures got rereleased in a very similar design. Moody came in a set. Trelawney came in a set. So did Sprout, grey sweatshirt Harry, Dobby, Neville in Herbology clothes, Cho, Newt, Tina, Queenie, the list goes on and on. Even some variants like Quidditch Draco or Slug Club Ginny could have been put in standard sets (Quidditch Match, Astronomy Tower) easily. The Marvel theme doesn't have this flexibility. With so many of the sets being based on the films, there's barely room to cover the shows. At the end of the day, this issue comes up with most licensed CMF series. Given the Lego Marvel theme is reaching its 10 year anniversary in 2022, I don't think it's too far to grant it the same treatment as other properties.

10 hours ago, karrit said:

Come on, HP films are done while Marvel is alive and has tons of projects every year. Of course they do a second CMF in a year, that's nothing to be surprised about. Just business 

A third CMF series would be pretty pointless now that they only include 12 minifigs since they’d mostly likely try to shove in the trio, Dumbledore, Neville, and Luna anyway :tongue: I’d rather get the missing characters in sets and free the CMF slot for a franchise that needs it more :shrug_oh_well: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Well, I have to say, I absolutely loved this year's Advent Calendar. Probably my favourite AC ever.

It's awesome how the gifts were sorted so that you open them in chronological order.

Minifigures were also great, five out of six are exclusive to this set.

The gaming component was kinda stupid tho. The thing that allows you to play it comes last, right before people throw the box away. It should've come first.

As for the cards, I'm really lucky. Got two which I didn't have. That means eight out of eight, no repeats.

I also loved how the builds were actually based on something specific, connected to certain locations. It's much better than random made-up builds.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, I have to say, I absolutely loved this year's Advent Calendar. Probably my favourite AC ever.

It's awesome how the gifts were sorted so that you open them in chronological order.

Agreed. It was light on actual Christmas-related stuff, but there’s only so many Christmas tree, present, fireplace, and food item variants they can make before it gets stale :tongue: The last two covered these grounds very well, so it was time for something new, and the calendar definitely delivered. The Hogwarts Express ticket and Harry’s cake alone are worth it, especially since they were unlikely to show up elsewhere. For future ACs, I hope they keep this year’s style :thumbup:

34 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A third CMF series would be pretty pointless now that they only include 12 minifigs since they’d mostly likely try to shove in the trio, Dumbledore, Neville, and Luna anyway :tongue: I’d rather get the missing characters in sets and free the CMF slot for a franchise that needs it more :shrug_oh_well: 

Can't say I completely agree but you do have a point.

Honestly I'd rather an entire CMF dedicated to FT since second film was almost completely left out and with CMF we'd probably still wouldn't get all the missing characters

Just imagine getting Flamel minifigure... That's my dream

Edited by Flixter

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. It was light on actual Christmas-related stuff, but there’s only so many Christmas tree, present, fireplace, and food item variants they can make before it gets stale :tongue: The last two covered these grounds very well, so it was time for something new, and the calendar definitely delivered. The Hogwarts Express ticket and Harry’s cake alone are worth it, especially since they were unlikely to show up elsewhere. For future ACs, I hope they keep this year’s style :thumbup:

I hope they make each movie with each year.

Next year could be CoS - starting with Privet Drive and Harry's room, then The Burrow (this has a lot of potential), then Ford Anglia flight, and then just give us more Hogwarts stuff (imagine Gilderoy Lockhart), or even Chamber of Secrets builds.