Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

There was a report/rumor somewhere that they were going to start doing weekly builds somewhere.  I don't know if it was virtual or in store.  Looks to me like they are recycling some of the old builds.  I don't remember the Trophy one though.

17 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

You'd rather have a $470 "microscale oval with square towers" than a $470 "microscale extension to the best non-minifig-scale set ever made"?

I mean, I don't think I'd be interested in either, but your preference is legitimately confusing.

No, the Quidditch pitch would be minifigure scale. And I interpreted Microscale Hogwarts 2.0 as a remake, not an extension. I don't need a remake as I already have the original.

I for one am excited for Dumbledore's office. I think the 2018-2020 version wasn't all that great. Unless you want your Dumbledore sat down constantly, there wasn't much really there. I'm a little confused at the description, I was hoping someone could either draw some examples of what is being explained in terms of the build or explain it better?

Regarding the D2C,

I personally don't think it will be a Quidditch pitch. It simply isn't iconic enough and not to mention it's really niche and wouldn't fit with anything minifig scale we've gotten yet. Let's look at the previous D2Cs we've gotten before:

1) Hogwarts (micro-scale): Extremely iconic (it's Hogwarts' famous silhouette). Was bought by many non-LEGO HP fans.

2) Diagon Alley (minifig-scale): Iconic (albeit not as iconic as Hogwarts) but it's Harry's first introduction to the Wizarding World and they provided many different and quirky builds which would please any LEGO fan.

3) Icons (brickbuilt creature): I'll be honest, this set was a shock, but you can see the reasoning behind it. Hedwig is arguably the face of Harry Potter (other than Harry but it's hard to make a Harry worth $200+). It's a well built display piece and was part of HPs 20th anniversary special. I think it's safe to say many found it strange but it was "cheap" enough for hesitant fans to give it a go (the golden figs being a game changer). 

Now, 2022s D2C is supposedly $470 - double the price of Hogwarts Icons and more than both other D2Cs. This mean it HAS to be iconic and HAS to be extremely desirable to persuade fans to pay the enormous price tag. 

If I'm honest, I feel like it has to be Gringotts OR something Hogwarts related. However, LEGO has shocked us before and may well shock us again.

1 hour ago, PumpkinPasties said:

Hogwarts (micro-scale): Extremely iconic (it's Hogwarts' famous silhouette). Was bought by many non-LEGO HP fans.

Im not saying it wasn’t, but I’d be interested to know how this is substantiated? (The last part of the sentence…)

my money is on the D2C being a declination of the Hogwart Express (+location). But then again, I certainly didn’t see the ´moments’ one coming, so at this point it’s anyone’s guess!

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

2 hours ago, PumpkinPasties said:

This mean it HAS to be iconic and HAS to be extremely desirable to persuade fans to pay the enormous price tag.

That is the question though. We assume it has to be iconic due to it being the highest price for an HP set ever. But it's possible it's not. Or perhaps I should rephrase, it's possible it's not the most iconic thing you'd think of when thinking about HP.

A reminder that Hogwarts Legacy is getting 15 minutes of gameplay tonight at 9pm GMT.

I'm hoping the game is a big hit and we eventually get some sets inspired by it like we are now getting a BD-1 from Fallen Order.

4 hours ago, PumpkinPasties said:

Regarding the D2C,

I personally don't think it will be a Quidditch pitch. It simply isn't iconic enough and not to mention it's really niche and wouldn't fit with anything minifig scale we've gotten yet. 

Maybe we watched different movies to you. Quidditch is iconic.  Doesn't the game appear in five of the movies. Lots of screen time is devoted to it and it is hardly niche.

Ask people to name five things about Harry Potter (except character names) and I reckon most people will say Quidditch.

Has there been any news at all on whether the new sets this summer will still include chocolate frog cards like the Hospital Wing and Magical Trunk did? Or are we unlikely to get any news one way or the other until the set photos get released?

I bought the three big sets of HP when they came out. That of course being Hogwarts, Diagon Alley and Icons. I also got the Hogwarts Express latest edition…

And if you put all these together, it looks to me that the Express is the only “undersized” set of the three, if I can phrase it like that ?

So I’m hoping that that’s the set that is getting an “upgrade” here, and is the set that we’re getting ?…

I’m just saying because I would like that the most I guess. I love trains, and HP, so it would make the most sense for me. 

But then a nice sized Gringotts would be awesome too… 🤔  

12 hours ago, Zepthire said:

A reminder that Hogwarts Legacy is getting 15 minutes of gameplay tonight at 9pm GMT.

I'm hoping the game is a big hit and we eventually get some sets inspired by it like we are now getting a BD-1 from Fallen Order.

The younger Castle looks great in it and it will be worth it just to have a wander around Hogwarts and its surrounding villages and hopefully we get some sets based on it just to give the theme some variety.  I won't hold my breath though. It will be useful for moc inspiration anyway.

Fighting in it looks a bit off in it. A lot of baddies waiting their turn to attack you. And i hope their is no micro transactions, I did notice in your room of requirements a timer appear on a potion he was making.

4 hours ago, Micmac said:

And i hope their is no micro transactions, I did notice in your room of requirements a timer appear on a potion he was making.

It's been confirmed there won't be. I'm going to watch the trailer in a bit, really excited about this game. 

Hogwarts Legacy looks absolutely insane. This has game of the year potential. Although I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on the gameplay reveal. I barely see anyone talk about it and the video doesn't have too many views yet compared to how well reveals like this usually do.

Do you guys think lego would consider making sets on this? There has already been a lot of great book exclusive stuff shown in it. Common rooms, professor binns, Peeves. Would be great, although considering jedi fallen order and all it feels unlikely, even though we'll get the buildable bd1.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Hogwarts Legacy looks absolutely insane. This has game of the year potential. Although I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on the gameplay reveal. I barely see anyone talk about it and the video doesn't have too many views yet compared to how well reveals like this usually do.

Do you guys think lego would consider making sets on this? There has already been a lot of great book exclusive stuff shown in it. Common rooms, professor binns, Peeves. Would be great, although considering jedi fallen order and all it feels unlikely, even though we'll get the buildable bd1.

Really? The video already has 2+ million views and was top 5 in trending in YouTube. And the reveal trailer is the most watched game trailer on PlayStation’s YouTube channel. The game is going to be huge. And it looks great! Love seeing a different take on Hogwarts

41 minutes ago, Modal said:

Really? The video already has 2+ million views and was top 5 in trending in YouTube. And the reveal trailer is the most watched game trailer on PlayStation’s YouTube channel. The game is going to be huge. And it looks great! Love seeing a different take on Hogwarts

Well this is awkward, I've been watching it on the wrong YouTube channel , that explains a lot xD.

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I could see LEGO releasing some "generic Hogwarts sets" similar to how the trunk has a crew of students and some scenes from the castle that are "based on" Hogwarts Legacy without being branded as such (similar to the Jurassic World sets inspired by the show(?)), but we'll see. If anything, I would expect to see a couple of generic sets internally based on Legacy that also include maybe a character or two that we know for recognizability on store shelves. 

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I could see LEGO releasing some "generic Hogwarts sets" similar to how the trunk has a crew of students and some scenes from the castle that are "based on" Hogwarts Legacy without being branded as such (similar to the Jurassic World sets inspired by the show(?)), but we'll see. If anything, I would expect to see a couple of generic sets internally based on Legacy that also include maybe a character or two that we know for recognizability on store shelves. 

Yeah, they branded the Camp Cretaceous sets as “Jurassic World” and included Claire or Owen in each of the sets despite neither ever meeting the teen characters. Frankly I think our best best is that we might gets something with Binns or Peeves in it, seeing as they’re originally from the books and the majority of the fandom would know who they are. (With the class subjects that we’ve seen in the movies almost entirely exhausted, I think there’s a decent opportunity for a History of Magic moments set)

I'm more of a lurker than a poster on here. Hope you don't mind me butting in. 

I have all the 2018-20 Hogwarts sets, and so far resisted the Chamber of Secrets etc. But questioning my decision. 

It is starting to look more fun to build than the Great Hall etc. Will it carry on into 2023 or are we likely to see another relaunch but better  looking? 

8 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

I'm more of a lurker than a poster on here. Hope you don't mind me butting in. 

I have all the 2018-20 Hogwarts sets, and so far resisted the Chamber of Secrets etc. But questioning my decision. 

It is starting to look more fun to build than the Great Hall etc. Will it carry on into 2023 or are we likely to see another relaunch but better  looking? 

They'll probably stick to this format for years to come imo.

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, they branded the Camp Cretaceous sets as “Jurassic World” and included Claire or Owen in each of the sets despite neither ever meeting the teen characters. Frankly I think our best best is that we might gets something with Binns or Peeves in it, seeing as they’re originally from the books and the majority of the fandom would know who they are. (With the class subjects that we’ve seen in the movies almost entirely exhausted, I think there’s a decent opportunity for a History of Magic moments set)

I doubt we will ever see anything from the books that are not in the movies again. LEGO has made it very clear that their contract is with Warner Bros and not JK Rowling. I cannot see Warner agreeing to characters being produced that are not in their movies.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I doubt we will ever see anything from the books that are not in the movies again. LEGO has made it very clear that their contract is with Warner Bros and not JK Rowling. I cannot see Warner agreeing to characters being produced that are not in their movies.

Well yeah but that's the thing, the game is by Portkey Games, Avalanche, Wizarding World and Warner Bros games. So Warner Bros is still involved.

I can’t stop thinking about the $120 playset. What do you think is most likely and when do you think we could hear something at the earliest? 

- Gringotts (as a stand alone set to add to DA, this price would be about right)

- Durmstrang Ship remake

- Grimmauld Place

- Quidditch Pitch (a bigger better QP) to go along with the popular theory of a Quidditch player accessory pack. 

- 2nd task remake (bigger, with all hostages)

9 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

What do you think is most likely

Only considering your list, in order of what I would like:

1. Grimmauld Place
  2. Gringott
  3. Durmstrang Ship
  4. Seconda Task
  5. Quidditch Pitch

I would exclude Quidditch Pitch. In my opinion 120$ is too much to represent a single scene (and we haven't so many scenes left, basically the CoS match Gry Vs Sly, the PoA match Gry Vs Huf and the HBP tryouts). On the contrary, I think 120$ is too little for a proper pitch with goals, tower, stands... I don't want a Quidditch Pitch, because for me once you saw one pitch you have seen all of them :iamded_lol: and it's difficult to make something new and appealing (of course, only my 2 cents :laugh:).

Second Task and 120$ are not two things that can go together for me :snicker: Ok, you say with all hostages but I'm not sure I would buy what could be a Lake Bed diorama with some minifigures. Not for 120$ (but, of course, LEGO could change my mind :wink:).

Ok, Durmstrang ship is something I can start imagine seriously. My only problem with this ship is that I don't like it so much. Our friend @Micmac made a MOC of the ship last year. 

51355289544_21c6039cca_c.jpgLego Durmstrang ship by Mic Mac, su Flickr

Then Gringott: as a stand alone to add to DA maybe could work well, but even supposing the 470$ is not Gringott I imagine LEGO would do a better deal selling a bigger set than a 120$ one, maybe a 250$ Gringott+Leaky Cauldron?

Ok, the last one is Grimmauld Place: @Slytherin Alumni how do you imagine it? For 120$ I would imagine something like The Burrow, with an important first floor and some others smaller rooms, all behind the facade.

So, in the end, I think the most likely sets could be Grimmauld Place or Dumstrang Ship, but I don't know when we can expect news.

18 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Only considering your list, in order of what I would like:

1. Grimmauld Place
  2. Gringott
  3. Durmstrang Ship
  4. Seconda Task
  5. Quidditch Pitch

I would exclude Quidditch Pitch. In my opinion 120$ is too much to represent a single scene (and we haven't so many scenes left, basically the CoS match Gry Vs Sly, the PoA match Gry Vs Huf and the HBP tryouts). On the contrary, I think 120$ is too little for a proper pitch with goals, tower, stands... I don't want a Quidditch Pitch, because for me once you saw one pitch you have seen all of them :iamded_lol: and it's difficult to make something new and appealing (of course, only my 2 cents :laugh:).

Second Task and 120$ are not two things that can go together for me :snicker: Ok, you say with all hostages but I'm not sure I would buy what could be a Lake Bed diorama with some minifigures. Not for 120$ (but, of course, LEGO could change my mind :wink:).

Ok, Durmstrang ship is something I can start imagine seriously. My only problem with this ship is that I don't like it so much. Our friend @Micmac made a MOC of the ship last year. 

Lego Durmstrang ship by Mic Mac, su Flickr

Then Gringott: as a stand alone to add to DA maybe could work well, but even supposing the 470$ is not Gringott I imagine LEGO would do a better deal selling a bigger set than a 120$ one, maybe a 250$ Gringott+Leaky Cauldron?

Ok, the last one is Grimmauld Place: @Slytherin Alumni how do you imagine it? For 120$ I would imagine something like The Burrow, with an important first floor and some others smaller rooms, all behind the facade.

So, in the end, I think the most likely sets could be Grimmauld Place or Dumstrang Ship, but I don't know when we can expect news.

Yes, I agree the Durmstrang ship and GP are most likely (imo) and I want Grimmauld Place the most as well :sweet:

I would expect it to be 3 floors like the Burrow, but slightly bigger and wider. I see it including key features like Walburga (sp?) Black's frame and the Locket Horcrux. Also, key characters like Kreacher, Tonks with violet hair and Mundungus Fletcher. Hopefully we will at least hear the title of the set soon, but as it's an exclusive, maybe not.

Ah, okay, I've been looking for that amazing Quidditch Pitch MOC I saw on TikTok and finally found it. brickbrouwer posted it Feb 21st. It is quite incredible, but it would definitely cost more than the D2C even. No idea how many pieces it took him! I also, loved the Hogwarts staircase MOC by EricLaw on Instagram (I believe someone already mentioned this).