Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

59 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

lego.Jade has posted pics of the hospital wing and DADA minifigures…it appears you get 2 mini Mad-Eye 🤓

That's standard for microfigures. Pretty sure it was the same for Ant-Man and Jack from the Ideas Pop-Up storybook. The printing on mini Mad-Eye looks quite rough though.

The printing on Mad-Eye's face and both of Trelawney's looks a bit cartoonier in style than their previous ones. I get it for Trelawney because her glasses do magnify her eyes so much, but I'm happy with my CMF ones personally.

Making my now bimonthly visit here and I'm glad to see Dobby's sock still remains. If the ridiculously expensive D2C is Gringotts/DA2 then I hope the summer sets are so blatantly awful I don't have the slightest temptation to purchase them and spend potential DA money. Otherwise I hope that like last year we get one good set this wave. I definitely don't have the excitement and optimism I used to with this line but I still feel like we could still get something worthwhile amongst the brickbuilt creatures and rectangles. 

This name/description reveal feels a bit like taking a bandage off. I know it'll sting no matter what but I just want it over with. 

8 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

What was the point of teasing us if they aren’t revealing until tomorrow?

Because that's literally how teasing works.

wow that trunk set is a game changer.

- new/relaunched skin tone. Finally, the 3 diverse skin tones used in the last years were not enough I think. Just a shame - many figures who used the medium nougat colour in the last years instead of light brown would have looked best with that "new colour".

- inverted 4x6 plate: for so long I have used an insane amount of 2x2 inverted tiles to have smooth undersides of creatures and vehicles. This part could mean that Lego will go more in direction of smoother builds instead of exposed studs.

- all this figure parts. This set must be one of the best deals I've ever seen.

9 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Maybe just me but that poacher in the new Jurassic World sets that have just leaked(?) looks perfect for a custom snatcher.

I agree with you.

I've just seen just2good review of Trunk on YouTube. Being more interested in a more adult version of the characters (both canonical and created by me) I can't really appreciate the faces kid style; also I don't really care about the 4 new torsos, the hairpieces included or the set as a whole. New pieces that doesn't appear in other new sets are not enough to make my interest growing untill the 60€ price. In few words, not my cup of tea.

One thing I picked up from Just2Good's review of the trunk is that you get 1 wizard frog card tile with the set. It seems a bit stingy for the price, but considering I wasn't expecting any I'll take it. I mention it because the packaging I've seen didn't seem to suggest there would be any in this set like the Hospital Wing box advertises there being 2 in it. 

41 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

One thing I picked up from Just2Good's review of the trunk is that you get 1 wizard frog card tile with the set. It seems a bit stingy for the price, but considering I wasn't expecting any I'll take it. I mention it because the packaging I've seen didn't seem to suggest there would be any in this set like the Hospital Wing box advertises there being 2 in it. 

Is it the same as last year or a new series?

30 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The one shown in the video is Lockhart, so I'd say they're continuing to use last year's tiles. I think that's nice. It gives people a better chance of getting the complete set without forcing them to resort to Bricklink, and they had this vision of kids trading them during recess that fell a little flat with the pandemic last year. :sceptic:They also make decent portraits scattered through your builds, so I say bring them on. :classic: (Wouldn't mind new ones next year, though. Loving this little detail. :wub: Agree with @BacktoBricks, however, that I'd have expected two for the size / price point of the set.)

37 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

In the review he shows Lockhart card. So I suppose last year series.

Well, at least we know that we are getting some set with werewolf Lupin which is great (what else those references to the Moon would be)... on the other hand it is starting to be painful waiting, specially when someone tells you to be patient :D

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Well, at least we know that we are getting some set with werewolf Lupin which is great (what else those references to the Moon would be)... on the other hand it is starting to be painful waiting, specially when someone tells you to be patient :D

The list will come. Frankly, I'm most concerned with not getting hopes up as far as a full list or not, similar to how we don't have all the names for Star Wars.

This is the vibe that I have from this situation for last few days 

rRYdVRC.jpg

Edited by Textorix

18 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

The Harry and Hermione two pack is only £115 now and whilst creating Dobby may be a big more intricate, I'm not sure you could have two 'buildable' creatures on the shelf for £115 and then one for £90+, but I could be wrong. Really depends on the scale and detail I suppose.

Good thinking. If he comes with a minifig, I hope they give him his shoes because that's the only way we'd get a DH Dobby. :pir-bawling::pir-wub:

15 hours ago, Modal said:

Haven’t been here in awhile, have lost a bit of LEGO interest since I used all my room on the Ninjago City sets (which I might sell) and got busy with work. That being said, I’ve been keeping an eye out for HP summer wave leaks. Hope you all get what you want! 

I remember you from the previous years' threads, it's nice to see you back. I hope this year can tempt you back. :pir-stareyes:

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The printing on Mad-Eye's face and both of Trelawney's looks a bit cartoonier in style than their previous ones. I get it for Trelawney because her glasses do magnify her eyes so much, but I'm happy with my CMF ones personally.

It's definitely noticeable on her, yes. 

16 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Maybe just me but that poacher in the new Jurassic World sets that have just leaked(?) looks perfect for a custom snatcher.

Hmm, good catch. He does.

15 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

lego.Jade has posted pics of the hospital wing and DADA minifigures…it appears you get 2 mini Mad-Eye

I think seeing her pictures made me need them all day one.

Edited by BrickFunatic

Why does promobricks hold all the power? Can anyone explain why they get to announce/how they get the info first? Do they have a deal with Lego or something? Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I had not even heard of them until I started reading this forum. Not usually involved in the hype, but I am this year :cry_happy:

I can’t explain it, but I feel this year is going to be epic…I’m prepared to edit this comment if it’s not :blush:

Edited by Slytherin Alumni
Misspelling

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Come on Promobricks, do something :tongue:

At least give us a countdown :excited:

Seriously. They obviously know about at least two of the sets, so what on Earth are they waiting for? :tongue: 

5 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Why does promobricks hold all the power? Can anyone explain why they get to announce/how they get the info first?

They have a good source, that‘s it :classic:

8 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

but I had not even heard of them until I started reading this forum

Most of the leaks usually come from them and everyone else just shares what they come with. I am not saying there arent other great leakers, but it is just Promobricks is the biggest source of this info. They are super reliable as they have their set lists almost always 99% right. I dont think they have some deal with Lego, but maybe it is because they are Europe based so their sources have direct connection to Lego.

Edited by Textorix

One of the things I'm honestly interested to know is if we'll get another smallish Hogwarts Castle set that is intended to go underneath the Hospital Wing. I know it can theoretically be used on its own and mixed with what's currently available, but it just looks like it's meant to go on top of another module to me. 

C’mon @Brick Clicker spill the beans, my good sis!

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

One of the things I'm honestly interested to know is if we'll get another smallish Hogwarts Castle set that is intended to go underneath the Hospital Wing. I know it can theoretically be used on its own and mixed with what's currently available, but it just looks like it's meant to go on top of another module to me. 

Yes, me too. I bet it will come with a roof you can change around or something, like the way the bathroom slotted in.

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Seriously. They obviously know about at least two of the sets, so what on Earth are they waiting for? :tongue: 

They have a good source, that‘s it :classic:

I wonder if they still have to have permission from TLG, otherwise why wouldn’t they have said something already?

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Someone spill the beans ... any beans ... or a bean ... just something. :iamded_lol:

The only beans I can spill are Bertie Bott’s  :grin: