Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, williejm said:

But … how is this unusual?

Because usually, when LEGO makes a wave of sets for a movie, they make them complete each other.

Just look at Jurassic World: Dominion. Nine sets, and each of them has something exclusive which makes you consider buying that set.

But for this, they just made a cheaper set, and a pricier set. They don't complete each other. Just two different options at two different price points.

Oh I don't like that. Don't like that at all. I also echo the hope that that isn't Mangog.

The only positive, as someone mentioned, is that the Thors might be easier to pick up now for anyone who doesn't want the Goat Boat. I would like it, but other things take precedence at this stage so I'll be monitoring Bricklink/eBay prices for sure.

8 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I also echo the hope that that isn't Mangog.

*checks Marvel wiki*

Umm… I don‘t think those claws are a coincidence :laugh_hard: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, SEmrys said:

Oh I don't like that. Don't like that at all. I also echo the hope that that isn't Mangog.

The only positive, as someone mentioned, is that the Thors might be easier to pick up now for anyone who doesn't want the Goat Boat. I would like it, but other things take precedence at this stage so I'll be monitoring Bricklink/eBay prices for sure.

Yeah you might be into something. 

38 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah you might be into something. 

With the prices or the Mangog thing? :tongue:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*checks Marvel wiki*

Umm… I don‘t think those claws are a coincidence :laugh_hard: 

There's enough there that I can kind of see the resemblance (plus the fact Mighty Thor's last big battle involves Mangog)... But it's also different enough that I'd be disappointed. 

After seeing Gorr though, a radical change in appearance wouldn't be out of the question. 

Regardless, only way I'd pick this up is if it's on sale for a price that makes it cheaper to just buy this than it would be to buy the figures. 

6 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Regardless, only way I'd pick this up is if it's on sale for a price that makes it cheaper to just buy this than it would be to buy the figures. 

Fair. You might be lucky with discounts. I find on the after sale market the sum total of the figures is usually the same as buying the whole set … which kinda makes sense, but does also mean you’re sometimes cheaper getting the whole set on discount even if the other build is no use to you. 

Spoiler

The latest rumor suggests the monster is a child's drawing come to life. 

Edited by Buckethead

I thought it was strange that they only revealed the Goat Boat Officially on Lego shop before. So now seeing the contents of this set, It seems they didn't want to reveal the build for some reason, since it's the only part of the set not also in the Goat Boat...

Edited by HatBricks

17 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

The latest rumor suggests the monster is a child's drawing come to life

So it IS a sequel to Lego Movie 2...

I kind of like the monster guy in the new set, but if I end up picking up either of these it'll be the Goat Boat. Very strange decision on Lego's part to do no exclusive minifigures, but I guess that just means it's cheaper for us.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

The latest rumor suggests the monster is a child's drawing come to life. 

Yeah I wouldn’t bet on that one. 

I think both these sets are a pass for me. Not particularly hyped for Love & Thunder, so having fairly underwhelming sets have contributed to my disinterest in them overall.

In terms of builds the monster looks so generic that its almost instantly forgettable other than it somewhat reminding me of Aku (Same sentiment reflected by others here). The 'Attack On New Asgard' set is such a weird choice. Either the monster is in the movie, or was intended to be at one stage OR the set solely exists to provide a cheaper way of getting the main characters and the villain... but if the second option is the case they arguably could have made this a minifigure pack instead like 'Spider-man and the Museum Break-in' rather than add a monster so they can charge an extra 5€... :L Meanwhile the Viking style boat is neat, but not feeling Asgardian enough. I understand that is partially the point, that New Asgard is just a viking style tourism hotspot in Thor L&T, but I'd rather have had the partially tech inspired long boat from Thor: TDW.

fe8c13abfcab1e52ec5ed98da8bb8cff.jpg

• Despite earlier confusion, this Thor is not based on the way he seemingly appears on most the toy marketing, instead he's based on what appears to be his final battle outfit shown on the right of this image (Note the silver chest). As such he needs the golden arms, helmet and printed gauntlets to sell the design of the character - this is presumably Thor at his best. It's possible to chalk some of this up to the version of the concept art that Lego got, but without the golden arms/gauntlets/helmet this figure feels incomplete. It also means they have strayed away from the blue torso'd version which would have been more accurate to have the plain arms :look:
  • Jane and Valkyrie seem fine, would have liked Jane to have the gauntlets, but admittedly I'm not interested in these figures enough to warrant getting the set. I'd rather have Valkyrie's design from Ragnarok and the Asgardian outfit Jane from Thor: The Dark World. Valkyrie is fine, but I feel her design was better in Thor Ragnarok/Endgame. Valkyrie's design in general seems like a regression, aspects that are taken from Thor such as the circles for example make sense with Jane Foster's Thor, but Valkyrie is meant to be her own character not trying to be a variant of Thor.
  • Gorr is incredibly underwhelming, so much so I'm actually put off the movie, regardless of accuracy he looks like a fairly generic egyptian mummy figure. It's not worth getting him as a figure and I think this is the fault of Disney stripping away key aspects of his character to give to characters like Hela or avoiding similarity with Star Wars by potentially removing the head tails. The best we can hope for is that he's akin to Voldermort from the Harry Potter films, but that sadly does not make his design redeemable in my view.

I think I'll just save up for the better sets later in the year, if we get a later Thor set with his final battle outfit done justice with gold printed arms and his helmet I may end up getting it - but otherwise it's just a bit of a letdown. Part of me hopes we'll get a later set with a helmet that they could also use for Hawkman from the DCEU, potentially a re-done version of the existing helmet.

I think the ideal mods to Thor would be:

• Helmet: Hawkman's helmet 18936
  • Arms: Pearl Gold arms from either Iron Man MK85 or perhaps C3P0, have yet to find ones with printed blue gauntlets

Granted the current options lack detailing that would be needed to make the figure work.

Updated List:

Spoiler

MARCH:

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 Attack On New Asgard (20€, 159 pcs) Monster build with 3 figures: Gorr, Thor, Mighty Thor
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • ?: The Infinity Saga Accessory Set (15€) April ?

MAY:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop ($90/90€, 496 pcs) - 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85
  • 76217: Baby Groot ($55/50€, 476 pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20€ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• SpiderJazz has relayed that Tandnbricks informed them the Infinity Saga Accessory Pack is having an April release
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary

32 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

If we are mentioning rumors, please hide them so others don’t passively stumble upon them.

I'll continue to hide rumors in the spoiler tag if you want, but this forum is for rumors and discussion. They should be expected to pop up now and again.

I feel rumors about it being some adaptation of Mangog mostly come from the face design, but personally it feels too similar to the Sanctum Workshop monster (Including re-using design elements) that I feel this is either a placeholder that they used for concept art that Lego recieved OR that it's something Lego designed completely and they want to make a fun little 'monster army' for those getting the sets. Having this monster here with the insect monster as another member of its species.

E8WOAOgWUAE5a4u.jpg

20 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I'll continue to hide rumors in the spoiler tag if you want, but this forum is for rumors and discussion. They should be expected to pop up now and again.

I don't feel anyone was massively concerned when the fake rumor regarding 'Space Sharks' was mentioned, because it was not tied to plot and they generally appeared in stories regarding Gorr. Whereas I think people have potential concerns over the plot element mentioned by yourself and what that could mean for the film if accurate primarily because it's so 'out there' compared to what the source material suggests could be included - it'd be something new the film is introducing which could also have ramifications on the plot of the film. Personally I don't believe the monster will be in the movie anyway, I think this was just a small set intended as a cheaper way of getting the heroes and villain with Lego wanting to make it a set as opposed to a minifigure pack to either provide play elements or to push the price up a bit to ensure it's not too easy to get the figures second-hand.

58 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

You're right but spoiler tags are helpful and an easy solution. Thank you.

Rumors about film plot is where I feel it can be touchy to discuss.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because usually, when LEGO makes a wave of sets for a movie, they make them complete each other.

Just look at Jurassic World: Dominion. Nine sets, and each of them has something exclusive which makes you consider buying that set.

But for this, they just made a cheaper set, and a pricier set. They don't complete each other. Just two different options at two different price points.

You know what I find funny is how many times people on this site in general complain that they can't get the figs in a cheaper set now lego has done this and people still complain.  I'm starting to think everyone is losing their minds.  

I understand what you are saying about the usual way they do things and I'm not picking on you by the way.  I'm just making an observation.  

30 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

You know what I find funny is how many times people on this site in general complain that they can't get the figs in a cheaper set now lego has done this and people still complain.  I'm starting to think everyone is losing their minds.  

I understand what you are saying about the usual way they do things and I'm not picking on you by the way.  I'm just making an observation.  

It’s a general observation that’s true in Licensed themes though - figures and sets are never good enough, specific enough, accurate enough, cheap enough, intricate enough, leg-printed enough, … etc. 
It makes sense in that two sets of fandom are crossing over, so it’s of extra investment and importance for folks - but it also shows how tricky it is for Lego to ever ‘get it right’ in the balance. 

26 minutes ago, williejm said:

It’s a general observation that’s true in Licensed themes though - figures and sets are never good enough, specific enough, accurate enough, cheap enough, intricate enough, leg-printed enough, … etc. 
It makes sense in that two sets of fandom are crossing over, so it’s of extra investment and importance for folks - but it also shows how tricky it is for Lego to ever ‘get it right’ in the balance. 

Yeah I find it funny that the time Lego does put good figs in both sets people still have issues.  I love the goat boat and will still pick up the smaller set to get extras of the figs and use that horrendous creatures parts in my MOC's.  

54 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

I think the problem is that the more expensive set erases the need for the smaller set to exist because the characters of the smaller set are exactly the same. It also creates a direct level of competition between the two sets. If you are only interested in Thor, Jane and Gorr you can skip the larger set and are rewarded for doing so with a cheaper more figure focused set.

The smaller set, by nature of existing, makes the larger set less appealing because two of the better figures and Gorr (Gorr sucks :tongue:) are available in a cheaper set. You really need to want Korg or Valkyrie or the build to justify the larger set existing and you also have to justify a 30€ difference.

Effectively we have TWO Thor L&T sets, but because of choices made by Lego, the majority will almost certainly only buy ONE.

This is fine for you, you got either the main characters you wanted cheaply OR all the characters from the wave in a singular set, but I'm curious how Lego will view it as they are pitting cheapness and innacuracies against supporting characters and an accurate build. The success of either of these sets could mean varying things for the future of Marvel tie-in sets, in addition you also have to factor in what if this happens with Black Panther 2?

What if one or both of the 10€ and 30€ sets are made up entirely of repeated figures for the more expensive sets? If the 30€ set contains all the core characters, would you still be willing to buy the 80€ set if the core characters are exactly the same and exist in cheaper sets? Would supporting characters and a better build justify you spending 50€ more? It's interesting to consider that Thor L&T might not be the only time we see this happen. It also raises the question of why were'nt these variant costumes/figures? Did Thor L&T get a small budget? Is the lack of buildings in the Attack on New Asgard set hinting that the $500 set is New Asgard... I'd hope that is not the case but with them trying to ensure you get Thor, Jane and Gorr cheaply - perhaps they want to ensure you'll be hooked onto the characters before they do a bigger set.

With the accessory pack releasing in April, what are the chances pictures release tomorrow, March 1st?

Also, how many new prints are made for advent calendars? I'm guessing the Guardians advent calendar will either reuse the Infinity Saga Guardians or create new designs and reuse them for Guardians Vol. 3.

12 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

With the accessory pack releasing in April, what are the chances pictures release tomorrow, March 1st?

Also, how many new prints are made for advent calendars? I'm guessing the Guardians advent calendar will either reuse the Infinity Saga Guardians or create new designs and reuse them for Guardians Vol. 3.

@TandNbricks wasn’t really sure if it’s April 1st or 25th but they believed it’s April so… 

26 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I think the problem is that the more expensive set erases the need for the smaller set to exist because the characters of the smaller set are exactly the same. It also creates a direct level of competition between the two sets. If you are only interested in Thor, Jane and Gorr you can skip the larger set and are rewarded for doing so with a cheaper more figure focused set.

The smaller set, by nature of existing, makes the larger set less appealing because two of the better figures and Gorr (Gorr sucks :tongue:) are available in a cheaper set. You really need to want Korg or Valkyrie or the build to justify the larger set existing and you also have to justify a 30€ difference.

Effectively we have TWO Thor L&T sets, but because of choices made by Lego, the majority will almost certainly only buy ONE.

This is fine for you, you got either the main characters you wanted cheaply OR all the characters from the wave in a singular set, but I'm curious how Lego will view it as they are pitting cheapness and innacuracies against supporting characters and an accurate build. The success of either of these sets could mean varying things for the future of Marvel tie-in sets, in addition you also have to factor in what if this happens with Black Panther 2?

What if one or both of the 10€ and 30€ sets are made up entirely of repeated figures for the more expensive sets? If the 30€ set contains all the core characters, would you still be willing to buy the 80€ set if the core characters are exactly the same and exist in cheaper sets? Would supporting characters and a better build justify you spending 50€ more? It's interesting to consider that Thor L&T might not be the only time we see this happen. It also raises the question of why were'nt these variant costumes/figures? Did Thor L&T get a small budget? Is the lack of buildings in the Attack on New Asgard set hinting that the $500 set is New Asgard... I'd hope that is not the case but with them trying to ensure you get Thor, Jane and Gorr cheaply - perhaps they want to ensure you'll be hooked onto the characters before they do a bigger set.

Your missing my point. For as long as I can remember Afol's have complained about certain figs being in the expensive sets and not in the cheaper ones and now the main characters  are in a cheaper set and a more expensive set and the complaints are still the same.  I am talking about the main characters not korg and valkyrie, like you said you really want to have them if all your buying the set is for the figs.  Especially in this instance as Jane has a exclusive hair/helm combo.  Also this has nothing to do with Black Panther 2 right now as we do not know what the sets and figs are.