Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They've already made that ship tho, so it makes sense to use a different ship for the next Moana set.

It's hilarious how a single person made a totally false claim about bigfigs, and now everyone's worried about LEGO abandoning them :tongue:

By that logic we'd get loads of different vehicles and characters rather than the usual remakes

I don't care either way really, just stirring things up. :pir-laugh:

Edited by squiz18

52 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

By that logic we'd get loads of different vehicles and characters rather than the usual remakes

I don't care either way really, just stirring things up. :pir-laugh:

Sure, but it's a Moana set. A boat with Moana is really all they have to include.

Gave the new sets some time to settle:

• Mechs losing arm and leg articulation is a downgrade, at least it provides some variation in colour for the joint piece though
  • Mechs costing more is a problem for justifying them
  • Thanos mech seems to be the only one worth potentially getting, you get all the Infinity Stones, the Gauntlet and a Thanos head that's printed one-sided so you can have angry Thanos figure head to display without his helmet
  • Ghostriders Bike is build and looks different in the varying pictures of it, so no idea what we'll actually get, but in general the Bike is the only appealing thing here. The mech looks generic, the chain is too small for the mech version of Ghostrider, etc...
  • Hulkbuster Wakanda set has a good upper torso build, but everything else is a bit of a downgrade. Arms are on a hinge moving up/down, knees feel less bulky, no function, figure choice is underwhelming
  • Quinjet gets praise for its smoothness, interior size and accuracy to the film, however removal of the droop snoot feature from the 2012 version makes this one feel a bit more like a flying block to me given even less of the wings droop
  • Loki and Iron Man are an improvement in terms of torso/leg.
  • Black Widow getting arm print is nice, but with no leg print it makes more sense to just stick with the prior torso/leg print combo and use the arms form the new version.
  • I don't feel the segmented blue works for Captain America.

Guessing we'll hopefully get another set with Hawkeye, Hulk and the Chitauri.

In terms of what I'll wind up getting, maybe the Thanos Mech and bricklink the Shield arms from Black Widow and the Morbius figure. I'm fine waiting for sales on the other things.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's hilarious how a single person made a totally false claim about bigfigs, and now everyone's worried about LEGO abandoning them :tongue:

Again, I find it highly concerning how we got a brand new mold for Thanos' big fig in 2021 and then have not seen a big fig in 2022. This should be something that's at least making people curious. It felt like a situation where they were introducing a new mold to replace or update the big figs and then we just did not see a big fig for a year?

Edited by Scarilian

33 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Again, I find it highly concerning how we got a brand new mold for Thanos' big fig in 2021 and then have not seen a big fig in 2022. This should be something that's at least making people curious. It felt like a situation where they were introducing a new mold to replace or update the big figs and then we just did not see a big fig for a year?

There seems to be a trend of using brick built bodies for bigger characters recently when we probably would have just got a bigfig in the past.

Most fans I've seen discuss it on video reviews etc.  theorise that the Green Goblin's "mech" in set 76219 is supposed to represent a bigger organic body, with the way the mech kind of continues his hat down his back. 

I prefer getting minifig versions of big characters like we're getting with Thanos/Hulk/Sandy nowadays, rather than bigfigs that can't even fit into most buildings/vehicles in most sets. It saves on space and increases playability, so I like the idea of no bigfigs going forward; but I know a lot of collectors like them for some reason. All (or most of?) the MCUs big characters already got big figs, so they're easily obtained on Bricklink etc.

Does Lego have any platform for interacting with AFOLS where they address consumer questions? It'd be good to have a definitive answer to whether bigfigs are dead. 

Ever since I saw the first prototype in 2011 I've fallen in love with big figures.  In addition to doing justice to the differences between the characters, they are really beautiful to look at, and give variety to the collection.  It was Lego's best idea since they introduced superheroes.  Thanks to the innovations introduced in 2021 they are much more versatile and I have high hopes of seeing them exploited on a large scale

All this talk of a retreat makes me anxious 😄

Edited by Legocentrico

Maybe Lego got sick of minifig purists hating on minidolls and were like "Ok, you want your figs small! So no more bigfigs!"     :iamded_lol:

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Again, I find it highly concerning how we got a brand new mold for Thanos' big fig in 2021 and then have not seen a big fig in 2022. 

The head is being used in Chinese New Year sets so part of the mold is still being used.

Big figs put the price of a set up alot and with todays prices and the complaints about them, adding a big fig would reduce the amount of parts in a set making the value for money even worse. Imagine if the Hall of Armour set this year had a big fig, thats an extra $20/25 (or whatever) added to price. People seem happy at the Quinjet price. Throw a big fig hulk in and add $20 then thats $120 for 800 pieces.

Cmon guys the bigfigs arent going anywhere. Sandy was probably changed because MK sets are already incredibly expensive in the west.

As everyone's mentioned, the new Thanos piece was from last year and has been used in other sets this year. It's clearly being optimized the same way Iron Man's helmet is. Not to mention bigfig hands have been in a handful of sets as well.

Edit: would be rad to see some more of these Toy Story/Avatar "midfigs" being used, for Groot and maybe Shehulk? Other bigger characters

Edited by bricksandabear
Higher further faster

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

Edit: would be rad to see some more of these Toy Story/Avatar "midfigs" being used, for Groot and maybe Shehulk? Other bigger characters

Agreed. Groot and she hulk are good examples of ones for it to use. Characters that aren't as big as Hulk, but are noticeably larger than a standard human. It'd also be nice to get for Mr. Fantastic, though clearly it's not enough of a stretched limb to convey his powers excellently, so we'd need a 2017 Ms Marvel style figure as well.

Actually, it'd be funny to get something like a hose piece with Mr Fantastic's head on the end, or him on a 2x6 printed tile. Just something small to give the extent of his ability.

2 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

The head is being used in Chinese New Year sets so part of the mold is still being used.

Big figs put the price of a set up alot and with todays prices and the complaints about them, adding a big fig would reduce the amount of parts in a set making the value for money even worse. Imagine if the Hall of Armour set this year had a big fig, thats an extra $20/25 (or whatever) added to price. People seem happy at the Quinjet price. Throw a big fig hulk in and add $20 then thats $120 for 800 pieces.

I don't know that a bigfig is $20/25, I'd say even $15 is pushing it. Though you are right that with how exorbitant the prices are getting (whether lego's own doing, inflation, or both), even what would have been $10 extra for a bigfig in 2021 would be a lot more in 2023. 

It's either a temporary pricing measure, or nothing at all and we're just overthinking it. For why hulk didn't show up, we would need two new molds for the new style (body and hair), which I suppose may have been a bit too much for marvel's budget with everything else this wave.

Eh, canonically MCU She-Hulk is only six foot seven. That’s tall, but it’s not far enough outside the typical range of human heights that a tallfig is needed, in my opinion. I think a regular minifig would do just fine.

7 hours ago, Killian said:

Most fans I've seen discuss it on video reviews etc.  theorise that the Green Goblin's "mech" in set 76219 is supposed to represent a bigger organic body,

When I'm in a "making random stuff up" competition and an Eurobricks user walks in

9 hours ago, icm said:

Eh, canonically MCU She-Hulk is only six foot seven. That’s tall, but it’s not far enough outside the typical range of human heights that a tallfig is needed, in my opinion. I think a regular minifig would do just fine.

I feel like she’s like Ultron in the sense that both should be minifigs

I might get the new Hulkbuster when it goes on sale. I have alot of problems with it, namely the small waist and legs, and lack of detail but it will be a decent custom project to work on.

Mixed feelings about the Quinjet as well. The cockpit is hideous and difficult to fix. And there's a serious lack of detailing and colour breakup compared to the Benatar. May get it on sale as another project to fix.

Both sets have an overuse of stickers, and sadly in very prominent areas - nose of the Quinjet and shoulders of the Hulkbuster.

The 4 mechs are the worst of the wave. Terrible design and function somehow got even worse with the fixed joints.

The Morbius set is the most surprising, I'm not a fan of the Morbius minifig, he desperately needed a collar+cape, but the car with some slight modding could be near Speed Champions quality. I was expecting worse.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

21 hours ago, Killian said:

Most fans I've seen discuss it on video reviews etc.  theorise that the Green Goblin's "mech" in set 76219 is supposed to represent a bigger organic body, with the way the mech kind of continues his hat down his back.

Yes and those fans are correct. It's based off the 'Mech Strike Monster Hunters' theme in which the heroes have mechs and the villains are monsters. Though it is a mech build, it's meant to serve as the monster version of the Green Goblin.

61523_MonsterHunters_GreenGoblin_GLAM-WEB_400x400.png?v=1647016904LEGO-Marvel-76219-Spider-Man-Green-Goblin-Mech-Battle-Review-09-dd3CIr-1536x863.jpg

13 hours ago, PGBQW said:

When I'm in a "making random stuff up" competition and an Eurobricks user walks in

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

LMAO :jollyroger:

It's clear neither of you made any research on the subject and also forgot that we'd already covered this being an organic monster, not a mech, months ago when the 'Mech Strike Monster Hunters' inspired line of sets were announced - both of you were in the conversation with me, lol.

Green Goblin is a monster in the series that this set is based on and his Lego mech is intended to be his organic monster form. The heroes are the hunters in mechs, the villains are the monsters who are organic and 'Monsterized'. The Hunters have their mechs 'Monsterized' giving the mechs a power boost but remaining as mechs for the heroes to pilot.

" Doctor Doom used a mysterious magical eye to turn the worst Marvel villains into monsters! To stop him, Doctor Strange used his own mystical eye to level up the Avengers' Mech Strike armors created by Iron Man, into Mech Strike Monster Hunters! Now they must fight head-to-head for the fate of the Marvel Universe!"

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Yes and those fans are correct. It's based off the 'Mech Strike Monster Hunters' theme in which the heroes have mechs and the villains are monsters. Though it is a mech build, it's meant to serve as the monster version of the Green Goblin.

61523_MonsterHunters_GreenGoblin_GLAM-WEB_400x400.png?v=1647016904LEGO-Marvel-76219-Spider-Man-Green-Goblin-Mech-Battle-Review-09-dd3CIr-1536x863.jpg

It's clear neither of you made any research on the subject and also forgot that we'd already covered this being an organic monster, not a mech, months ago when the 'Mech Strike Monster Hunters' inspired line of sets were announced - both of you were in the conversation with me, lol.

Green Goblin is a monster in the series that this set is based on and his Lego mech is intended to be his organic monster form. The heroes are the hunters in mechs, the villains are the monsters who are organic and 'Monsterized'. The Hunters have their mechs 'Monsterized' giving the mechs a power boost but remaining as mechs for the heroes to pilot.

" Doctor Doom used a mysterious magical eye to turn the worst Marvel villains into monsters! To stop him, Doctor Strange used his own mystical eye to level up the Avengers' Mech Strike armors created by Iron Man, into Mech Strike Monster Hunters! Now they must fight head-to-head for the fate of the Marvel Universe!"

Wow you got receipts and everything. Good on you for proving them wrong:laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Obviously I didn't, I don't even remember this set existing in the first place :tongue:

The comment was funnily put together tho.

17 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Love when people like this exercise their need to be unpleasant without doing any research :rofl:

17 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I know it was real, but the comment is still funny.

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

It's based off the 'Mech Strike Monster Hunters' theme in which the heroes have mechs and the villains are monsters.

You'd think if they actually had source material for the mechs we could at least get some of the better designs from it. Is Goblin the only one to show up based on the theme? 

That BP mech would have been pretty cool to get, it actually has a fairly unique design.

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Yeah but my joke doesn't work if I have to stick to reality

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know it was real

The green goblin! The gren goblin is reeeeeeeal!

@THELEGOBATMAN@PGBQW Fair :P I don't blame people as it's a fairly niche thing and it was a funny comment considering my own curiosity with the Big Figs and this years Eurobricks history :P

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You'd think if they actually had source material for the mechs we could at least get some of the better designs from it.

Yeah, was hoping we'd get some of the other designs such as Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Wasp and perhaps Venom or Wolverine. Wolverine especially since his wing blades look like pre-existing Lego Pieces.

30067a9eeb4f4373a4f43659acd8aba4_Large.jpg63149_MonsterHunters_Wolverine_GLAM-WEB.png?v=1645195233

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is Goblin the only one to show up based on the theme?

I believe so, Goblin and Spider-man were definitely meant to be representing the Mech Strike Monster Hunters theme. Other sets may have drawn some inspiration on the mech designs but I think it was just the one set that was supposed to be based on the theme. Honestly was hoping the Rocket Mech for this year would have drawn inspiration from the theme also:

c7cbe827f08917cc847b12569b073a359a62d7c5

On 12/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Spiders also have fangs, though. Add that to the 4 headlights shaped like spider eyes, and I think it was always a milesmobile. 

Good point - Looking at it again, the front does look more spider-like than vampire-like. 

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

@THELEGOBATMAN@PGBQW Fair :P I don't blame people as it's a fairly niche thing and it was a funny comment considering my own curiosity with the Big Figs and this years Eurobricks history :P

What a nice guy, I just cant being mean at you

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Yeah, was hoping we'd get some of the other designs such as Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Wasp and perhaps Venom or Wolverine. Wolverine especially since his wing blades look like pre-existing Lego Pieces.

Mfw Lego goes out of its way to do the less cool designs

That Rocket Raccoon mech is sick, it's such a shame they didn't make that one. I've picked up some of the mechs before but none of these new ones do much for me, so I'll probably skip unless they go on deep discount.