Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I know the leakers have been saying for a while that it's going to disappoint people, but this $500 set has to be one of the most bizarre releases Lego has ever done, assuming everything we've heard about it is correct.

Honestly, I'm starting to get the vibe that no one except Lego actually knows what it is--Brick Clicker has given us the most info so far, and even he's been pretty vague and made it pretty clear that he doesn't know. I trust the leakers, but I also can't help but feel like we have not gotten the full picture. 

I assumed the leakers knew what the set was, and that's why they were able to to say what the set wasn't? But if nothing's confirmed are they just being drip fed hints as well which they're then passing down to us? 

Regardless, anything Black Panther related, outside of Wakanda itself, for $500, is a terrible choice. 

As many have said, vehicles aren't really something Marvel are known for, but if you include the comics, I'm sure I could come up with a list of Marvel vehicles that could make for interesting sets... and the Black Panther vehicles would be a ways down the list. I agree the statement that a lot of companies seem to think that people will go crazy for anything Wakandan. And sure, Wakanda is cool, but the most interesting part about it, to me, is T'Challa himself.

All in all though I'm just glad it's something I'm not remotely interested in.

Besides I'd rather only have one massively out of my price range set to long for at a time and that honour will probably be going to the Razor Crest. 

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Honestly, I'm starting to get the vibe that no one except Lego actually knows what it is--Brick Clicker has given us the most info so far, and even he's been pretty vague and made it pretty clear that he doesn't know. I trust the leakers, but I also can't help but feel like we have not gotten the full picture. 

I believe they know the theme, size and rough nature of the set just not any additional specifics. Most likely this could be because it's based on Black Panther 2.

I imagine they've been told it includes a vehicle and perhaps a rough description of the vehicle and/or its name, but it may not match anything currently shown as the films marketing has been minimal other than a trailer and some character profiles so perhaps could have some confusion in that regard.

It'd probably be labelled something like 'Battle for/of/in Wakanda' which is generic enough that it could be applied to a variety of movies (Black Panther, Infinity War, Black Panther 2) which may explain why they felt minifigures would be the main selling point, especially if they felt it was an Infinity War set.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That‘d be the first time in TLG history that a new film that isn‘t part of the LEGO Movie franchise is getting a D2C right at release. That’d already be a risky move for any normal D2C set, let alone a $500 one :grin:

I mean it has been described as unique, so that would be pretty unique. Like Sanctum was unique in the sense that it had elements from two movies and if release schedules were better then we would have gotten that alongside Doctor Strange 2.

Really don't grasp why they'd want to put all their eggs in one basket and make four Black Panther 2 sets and crown it off with a $500 Black Panther 2 D2C though :shrug_confused:

Edited by Scarilian

I still think it could be a collection of multiple vehicles. The leakers said it „includes“ a BP vehicle, which is an interesting way to put it :laugh: Still a questionable idea, but I‘d rather have a collection of three UCS-sized $150 vehicles than a singular oversized one.

Also, one of the leakers said it‘d be more suitable as a DC set, and the Marvel equivalent to a collection of multiple Bat vehicles would fit that description to a tee

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

10 hours ago, Meadius said:

I know the leakers have been saying for a while that it's going to disappoint people, but this $500 set has to be one of the most bizarre releases Lego has ever done, assuming everything we've heard about it is correct.

Yeah, this is an astoundingly strange decision by lego. Did they do any market research? Is there actually interest in a black panther vehicle lego set this big?

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still think it could be a collection of multiple vehicles. The leakers said it „includes“ a BP vehicle, which is an interesting way to put it :laugh: Still a questionable idea, but I‘d rather have a collection of three UCS-sized $150 vehicles than a singular oversized one.

Also, one of the leakers said it‘d be more suitable as a DC set, and the Marvel equivalent to a collection of multiple Bat vehicles would fit that description to a tee

I suppose that's definately a possibility. Still a really bad move by lego IMO, like, who's going to buy this.

Actually, is anyone here planning on buying this (assuming it is either a giant BP vehicle or a collection of BP vehicles) for any reason other than completionism?

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, one of the leakers said it‘d be more suitable as a DC set

Ooh i missed that,

does that mean it would be better suited to Aquaman (in the leakers opinion) therefor its an Atlantis based set maybe one of those transport whales seen in the trailer with namor and a bunch of Atlanteans(talocans)

Edited by Mattallica

this works with a bunch  of the theories

vehicle (the whale is shown in  the trailer as a transport for the atlanteans)

tied to BP2

large enough for the $500 price tag

most fans will be disappointed

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

Ooh i missed that,

does that mean it would be better suited to Aquaman (in the leakers opinion) therefor its an Atlantis based set maybe one of those transport whales seen in the trailer with namor and a bunch of Atlanteans(talocans)

Or Batman 

like a large black vehicle 

The only one missing here is "celebration of the theme". You can pretty reasonably talk up anything from an avengers or iron man movie (or even the Raimi films since they were the first marvel sets) as such, but BP? I mean, maybe the packaging is endgame or infinity war, but that's still a pretty tenuous connection.

There's got to be more to it than just being a black panther vehicle. Lego's made some wacky decisions before, but most of their giant sets are pretty iconic things and sell fairly well. If this really is just a black panther vehicle, I think that's unequivocally the most astoundingly bizarre choice lego's ever made. (I would say their handling of bionicle G2, but that was mainly marketing errors. The production of this set has to be the weirdest thing they've ever done)

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

There's got to be more to it than just being a black panther vehicle. Lego's made some wacky decisions before, but most of their giant sets are pretty iconic things and sell fairly well. If this really is just a black panther vehicle, I think that's unequivocally the most astoundingly bizarre choice lego's ever made. (I would say their handling of bionicle G2, but that was mainly marketing errors. The production of this set has to be the weirdest thing they've ever done)

Yeah, I’d be very inclined to agree—forget anything the people over in the SW threads say, this would be Lego’s biggest licensed blunder in recent years, possibly the last two decades.

I doubt we’ll have to wait too much longer, apparently the set has gone out to LAN people already.

This almost certainly has to be a collection of vehicles, right? Vehicles is like the last thing I think of when I think MCU, but the use of the word "includes" means it's either a collection, or it's a scene that has a BP vehicle. A $500 UCS-type vehicle seems totally irrational.

I don't think LEGO quite realizes that vehicles aren't really synonymous with superheroes outside of Batman. Like, sure they have them. But they're iconic to Batman because he has no powers. A $500 Marvel vehicle is already a huge stretch, but a $500 BP vehicle is just nuts. 

56 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Yeah, I’d be very inclined to agree—forget anything the people over in the SW threads say, this would be Lego’s biggest licensed blunder in recent years, possibly the last two decades.

I doubt we’ll have to wait too much longer, apparently the set has gone out to LAN people already.

Source? Way too soon for that I think, but not every set works the same way.

t. I'm LAN people

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

For 500€ it better be big enough to fit me inside and actually fly

Lol

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Or Batman 

like a large black vehicle 

What a waste.

on the bright side, I definitely won’t buy this. I get to save $500. On the other hand, its kind of a punch to the gut. They have more faith in this than an X-Mansion? Call me crazy, I think an X-Mansion, Avengers Tower or Mansion (comic based) would have sold much better than this. It hasn’t released yet and these are hypothetical so we can’t really measure this but I reckon an Avengers or Xmen related set would do better.

and I know I say this every year but I really want a comic based Guardians of the Galaxy set. Namely for the original team, so I can have an OG Yondu and Starhawk. Also gonna ask for a comic based Scarlet and Vision (classic) and Wasp (modern and classic please, adore her new red and black suit). Tis all.

Edited by cosmic

22 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Source? Way too soon for that I think, but not every set works the same way.

t. I'm LAN people

MinisuperHeroes apparently got a set that hasn’t been revealed along with a Black Panther set—maybe it’s something else though.

Lego is reportedly making a Disney 100th Anniversary CMF Series next year.

What are the chances we get some Marvel figures in this series?

15 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Doubt we get any Marvel figs in that series, but hopefully we get Marvel series 2 in September 2023. It'll be a full two years after the first series came out and by then there will be around 8 Disney+ shows that'll have come out that will need to be part of the series.

On the bright side this D2C talk has distracted us for most of August, so now we have less than a month before the Hulkbuster MKII is revealed. Hopefully that set got as much love as the Bowser set.

31 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Zero :p

If anything I probably would'nt expect another Marvel CMF series until late 2023 when it could adapt more elements from What If.

Edited by Scarilian

48 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

MinisuperHeroes apparently got a set that hasn’t been revealed along with a Black Panther set—maybe it’s something else though.

Its likely the biggest BP set that the figures have leaked from.

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

It's driving me nuts, I just need to see it, I need to know how they packaged it or what figures are included or whatever is in this set that makes lego think people will pay $500 for a black panther ship.

35 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Almost 0. My guess is, as a disney anniversary series, it'll focus on mainline disney characters and their older variants, not acquisitions made in the past 20 years.

4 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Its likely the biggest BP set that the figures have leaked from.

"a set that hasn't been revealed along with a black panther set"

I think he's implying the one that hasn't been revealed is the $500 marvel set.

I don't believe for a second that the set is a collection of multiple Black Panther vehicles. Why? Because that would essentially be multiple separate sets combined into one.

That would be like selling Tim Burton's Batmobile and Batwing as a single set, instead of two separate ones like they've done it.

15 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

On the bright side this D2C talk has distracted us for most of August, so now we have less than a month before the Hulkbuster MKII is revealed. Hopefully that set got as much love as the Bowser set.

This has been one of the LEGO related things I enjoyed the most this year.

Would never happen, but I would take a few black panther vehicles, sling ring portals, and a massive collection of minifigs to re-create the Endgame battle. You put that together for $500 and it would be interesting at least!

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"a set that hasn't been revealed along with a black panther set"

I think he's implying the one that hasn't been revealed is the $500 marvel set.

It should be the $80 set