Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

32 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If they did it'd be just like Miles from 2015 to 2019, just a little upgrade with a few minor tweaks. Not that it needs updating, that figure was amazing (yes pun intended), it's more about the potential to get more Spider Man that isn't just Peter, Miles and Gwen every wave

Okay this is just a thought, but for the sake of argument let's assume we're 100%, definetly getting a new minifigure of the character.

The only thing they could tweak would be the logo on the torso.

That is, unless, they decided to give him a new colour scheme (maybe a darker blue for the hoodie and dark red for the rest of the thing).

I think that would make the two figures more distinct.

2 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Alright, so I bought 2 Sanctums to modify them. Any suggestions for what to enhance? 

Make the multiverse, have one normal Earth 616 sanctum, then make Sinister Strange haunted/rundown sanctum.

2 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

That said, I always have a hard time justifying the cost of an advent calendar. For what you're paying, you're not getting much.

Yeah I don't think I can justify getting the guardians advent calendar. I got the benetar last year so already have most of the figures. I'd like a drax and nebula but I'm bit fussed about the Christmas versions of them. I'll wait for the gotg3 sets next year 

3 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Alright, so I bought 2 Sanctums to modify them. Any suggestions for what to enhance? 

Unsure what you'd like to go for in terms of your design, but personally:

I'm exploring some of these possibilities in my virtual redesign before I decide if it's worth going for the two copies of the set myself.

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but best case scenario we get the same minifigure we got a few years back, no?

Not that I'm complaining, I really like it, but I don't know how they could update it in any way to make it better.

Maybe a darker vest? Not sure he needs it, just spitballing. In any case, it wouldn't be the exact same prints of course, but I think you're right that it'd be pretty much identical.

Man, how can one IP have a franchise so good and a franchise so bad from the same company? Like sure, you could compare Winter Soldier or the avengers films to Eternals, but that's nowhere near the level of difference between ITSV and morbius. It's closer to the gap between, like, Dark Knight and birds of prey or suicide squad 2016, and even then, those are seperated by around a decade.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Okay this is just a thought, but for the sake of argument let's assume we're 100%, definetly getting a new minifigure of the character.

The only thing they could tweak would be the logo on the torso.

That is, unless, they decided to give him a new colour scheme (maybe a darker blue for the hoodie and dark red for the rest of the thing).

I think that would make the two figures more distinct.

If they could change the logo on the torso to be in the center as well as increasing its size this time, it'd be perfect. The 2016 version was pretty much flawless, but I never liked how the logo was moved to the corner so that the hoodie piece didn't cover part of it. Plus getting some side leg printing with the ankle pouches would make it look more complete over using plain red legs.

Edited by TheBatstan

10 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Make the multiverse, have one normal Earth 616 sanctum, then make Sinister Strange haunted/rundown sanctum.

Would be a cool idea, but I rather keep it with one big 616 sanctum. 

9 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Unsure what you'd like to go for in terms of your design, but personally:

I'm exploring some of these possibilities in my virtual redesign before I decide if it's worth going for the two copies of the set myself.

Thanks for the input. All are good points and some that I wanted to do for sure. 

I will make a special base for the sanctum and display it by itself. The idea is to double/mirror the build (I will figure out what parts to use for the roof) and make it wider/deeper. I'll try to start working on it next week, but probably next month during my vacation. 

Is Shuri's new hairpiece too feminine? I'm wondering if it'd make a good hairpiece for unmasked Killmonger.

I asked my family if the Mordo hairpiece could be used for Nakia and they unanimously told me it looks too masculine :(

Edited by bricksandabear

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

I asked my family if the Mordo hairpiece could be used for Nakia and they unanimously told me it looks too masculine :(

Chin up fella, I think it'd look awesome!

Regards,

Changbricks

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

Is Shuri's new hairpiece too feminine? I'm wondering if it'd make a good hairpiece for unmasked Killmonger.

Nah, it's not. It'd look well enough. 

As for Mordo's hairpiece, I think it's the most accurate representation of her hair existing in LEGO form. It's much better than what they actually went with. 

Brick clicker is saying the $500 is coming in november. Not avengers tower or the helicarrier but is marvel. 

23 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

Brick clicker is saying the $500 is coming in november. Not avengers tower or the helicarrier but is marvel. 

Yeah, seems to be the case. Notably Brickclicker clarified in the comments here that they never mentioned the '1st November' so it could be anytime in November, perhaps even a late November VIP release or something.

The remaining 2022 Marvel sets that we know of to be revealed (In expected order)

• 76214 - (Wakanda Forever; 80€, 545 pcs) Releasing October
  • 76215 - (Hulkbuster MK II $350, 2961 pcs) Releasing October
  • 76210 - (499,99€ D2C) Releasing November
  • 76222 - (Unknown set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76224 - (Unknown set, listed on Promobricks.de)

Still surprised we don't have a Spider-man head bust yet...

Updated List:

Hide contents

SEPTEMBER:

• 76225: Miles Morales
  • 76226: Spider-man
  • 76230: Venom
  • 76231: Guardians Of The Galaxy Advent Calendar

OCTOBER:

NOVEMBER:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76241 $14.99
  • 76242: $14.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76243: $14.99
  • 76244: $24.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76245: $34.99
  • 76247: $49.99
  • 76248: $99.99

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: $9.99
  • 76254: $34.99
  • 76255: $99.99

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded

Edited by Scarilian

31 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Yeah, seems to be the case. Notably Brickclicker clarified in the comments here that they never mentioned the '1st November' so it could be anytime in November, perhaps even a late November VIP release or something.

The remaining 2022 Marvel sets that we know of to be revealed (In expected order)

• 76214 - (Wakanda Forever; 80€, 545 pcs) Releasing October
  • 76215 - (Hulkbuster MK II $350, 2961 pcs) Releasing October
  • 76210 - (499,99€ D2C) Releasing November
  • 76222 - (Unknown set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76224 - (Unknown set, listed on Promobricks.de)

Still surprised we don't have a Spider-man head bust yet...

Updated List:

Reveal hidden contents

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

NOVEMBER:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76241 $14.99

APRIL 2023:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded

Thanks. We don't have any clue what 76222 and 76224 are do we? 

And presumably with the 2023 star wars set details surfacing we could start seeing some marvel info coming soon as well? 

37 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Black Friday perhaps?

Surreal how all the clues we get about the set are about what it's not.

If you had to put your money, what do you think it would be? Not what you'd rather or hope to, instead what do you think it's more likely to be?

1 hour ago, squiz18 said:

Well if that ends up being true, my wallet will be relieved! I cant think of something currently that I would consider blowing $500 that wasn't Avengers tower or a Helicarrier. Maybe they will surprise me, but I'm hoping I won't even be tempted by this.

Now to just wait to see the Hulkbuster, so I know if I can skip that too. Darn pricey sets!

My guess is something like the Harry Potter Icons collection. A bunch of Avengers gear from the movies that might look great next to Thor's Hammer.

At this point I think the most likely choice is something related to the original Avengers as a sort of nod to the anniversary. My guess is either a diorama of the Battle of New York or a UCS Quinjet, though I don't know if there's actually much demand for either of those (especially the latter). 

If it was a giant destroyed Battle of New York with a crashed Chitauri Leviathan that connected to the other modular buildings I would be interested. 

Wish I could get into the spirit of speculation, but if it's anything other than Avengers Tower or potentially a new Helicarrier then it's really dropped off my priorities and I think it'd be a hard sell with that price releasing in November.

Coupled with remarks made that I've relayed prior, I'm lowering expectations and happy just waiting to find out. At least my wallet has stopped screaming. :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Not what you'd rather or hope to, instead what do you think it's more likely to be?

Something similar to the HP Icons collection. Including Rocket Racoon (To display alongside the Baby Groot set), Captain America's shield, Iron Man's arc reactor and probably Tony Stark's glasses from FFH. That way it'd end the year with you being able to have Thor's Hammer, Cap's Shield and Iron Man's Reactor on display or you could pose like Cap with the Shield and Hammer.

It was such a universally hated idea that it became the subject of an April Fools joke post that also recieved anger and frustration at the concept of it... but sadly it's the most realistic possibility - if not for some remarks I've relayed prior in this thread regarding what it isn't.

The alternative would be something else Infinity War/Endgame inspired or perhaps a comic inspired set.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's the UCS Quinjet.

If it was around $320 which would be double the Guardians Ship, I'd agree, but even if you included a new big fig Hulk and all the core Avengers, Chitauri, Loki, etc... I doubt the Quinjet alone could justify the $500 price tag.

Edited by Scarilian

what if its like 76393 but all six original (MCU) Avengers 

so giant minifigs and an even larger hulk

Edited by Mattallica

As someone who collects all the MCU buildable things (Iron Man helmet, Infinity Gauntlet, Thor's Hammer and hopefully the Nano Gauntlet if I can score one on sale) I hope its not more buildable things.

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

what if its like 76393 but all six original (MCU) Avengers 

so giant minifigs and an even larger hulk

Imagine the outrage. This forum would have an absolute meltdown.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Updated List:

Reveal hidden contents

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

NOVEMBER:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76241 $14.99

APRIL 2023:

Rumored sets:

Notes:

I'm starting to think that those two sets might've been cancelled. When the year (in LEGO sense, because nearly all regular retailer sets release until October 1st) is ending, and we know only the set numbers for a set, usually it means it was cancelled — or postponed. Perhaps those set numbers were for Aquaman.

After looking at jjpsleaksite stories on instagram im so nervous to see what this 500 dollar set is.

maybe ill be surprised by it but at least its off my shopping list. Time to continue building on my own avengers tower.