Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Promobricks write that there will be one unknown minifigure in the Sanctum. And this is not a Strange variant. I think it could be either America Chavez, or Rintrah, or someone from the Illuminati, for example Professor X 

I’m betting it will be a female character - either a version of Christine Palmer of Clea. 

Rintrah would be amazing tho, he seems to be in a lot of the marketing and merchandise but Lego would definitely have to give him a new mold 

4 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Promobricks write that there will be one unknown minifigure in the Sanctum. And this is not a Strange variant. I think it could be either America Chavez, or Rintrah, or someone from the Illuminati, for example Professor X 

Based on the marketing material, I'd guess Rintrah, Sinister Strange, and Defender Strange are the three mystery characters.

What I'm mostly curious about, however, is what version are Iron Man and Spider-Man going to be? I would guess repeats (Mark 85 and NWH Spidey), but with the current lack of post-spoiler NWH sets, Spider-Man could be the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

24 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I’m betting it will be a female character - either a version of Christine Palmer of Clea. 

Rintrah would be amazing tho, he seems to be in a lot of the marketing and merchandise but Lego would definitely have to give him a new mold 

they could just reuse the Minotaur mold from the CMF series.

54 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I can agree about Christine Palmer. Not about Clea. Apparently, she's a spoiler

39 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Based on the marketing material, I'd guess Rintrah, Sinister Strange, and Defender Strange are the three mystery characters.

What I'm mostly curious about, however, is what version are Iron Man and Spider-Man going to be? I would guess repeats (Mark 85 and NWH Spidey), but with the current lack of post-spoiler NWH sets, Spider-Man could be the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

I doubt Iron Man and Spider-Man are even in the set

8 hours ago, oxy220 said:

The rumors of IM and SM come from good sources, but who knows what variants they may be. 

6 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The rumors of IM and SM come from good sources, but who knows what variants they may be. 

I think the Spider-Man in the set is Tom Holland in a new suit

As for Iron Man, it's hard to say

21 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Promobricks have said so, thus they must be included :classic:

Which exact variants is up for debate though. Sure, the overall set is based on MoM given the other minifigs, but they could still incorporate elements from multiple films that feature the Sanctum (like IW or NWH). Pretty sure the interior will also feature plenty of references to other MCU films, like some of the mystical artefacts we see or the self-filling beer mug from Ragnarok :laugh: 

9 hours ago, oxy220 said:

I think the Spider-Man in the set is Tom Holland in a new suit

As for Iron Man, it's hard to say

I'm wondering if the Iron Man and Spidey would be the Infinity War ones to go with the Sanctum. 

Maybe an updated Iron Spider finally?

21 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I'm wondering if the Iron Man and Spidey would be the Infinity War ones to go with the Sanctum. 

Maybe an updated Iron Spider finally?

I honestly was a little annoyed Spidey and IM were being hammered into this set until the idea of a new Iron Spider. Just praying its not yet another IM mk 85.

If we're thinking fall has another Infinity Saga wave, what are everyone's picks/predictions? Here's some ideas of mine now that the Whiplash set is announced:

Thor vs Destroyer, with Thor, Sif, and Loki

Rainbow Bridge, with Heimdall, Thor, Dark Elf and Malekith

Kamar Taj, with Dr. Strange, Kaecilius, Ancient One

Hydra Base/Rescue, with 40's Cap, Dum Dum Dugan, Bucky

Ego's Ship, with Star Lord, Ego, Mantis

Ravager Ship, with Star Lord, Kraglin

Waterfall Fight, with Tchalla, Mbaku, Killmonger

Yon-Rogg's Ship, with Cap Marvel, Yon Rogg, Minerva

Collector's Museum, with the Collector, Carina, Howard the Duck, Cosmo

Edited by bricksandabear

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

I honestly was a little annoyed Spidey and IM were being hammered into this set until the idea of a new Iron Spider. Just praying its not yet another IM mk 85.

If we're thinking fall has another Infinity Saga wave, what are everyone's picks/predictions? Here's some ideas of mine now that the Whiplash set is announced:

Thor vs Destroyer, with Thor, Sif, and Loki

Rainbow Bridge, with Heimdall, Thor, Dark Elf and Malekith

Kamar Taj, with Dr. Strange, Kaecilius, Ancient One

Hydra Base/Rescue, with 40's Cap, Dum Dum Dugan, Bucky

Ego's Ship, with Star Lord, Ego, Mantis

Ravager Ship, with Star Lord, Kraglin

Waterfall Fight, with Tchalla, Mbaku, Killmonger

Yon-Rogg's Ship, with Cap Marvel, Yon Rogg, Minerva

Collector's Museum, with the Collector, Carina, Howard the Duck, Cosmo

I would also like for this to be a way to get a General Ross figure. The news yesterday really saddened me

23 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

If we're thinking fall has another Infinity Saga wave, what are everyone's picks/predictions?

The most likely option is that Lego are merging the legacy theme with the 'icons' collection this year, meaning the primary legacy sets will be larger priced such as Thor's Hammer, Hulkbuster MKII and the $500 D2C.

This may mean that a second legacy wave of sets is smaller than the last, noting that the 2021 wave of sets only included 5 independent Infinity Saga sets (discarding the NWH sets as those were likely due to a lack of concept art for NWH).

My primary guess would be they would have sets based around each core Avenger, perhaps loosely inspired by the Phase 1 films, The Incredible Hulk being a notable exception:

The Captain America set would likely be Captain America 2 inspired to include the Winter Soldier and Black Widow to help sell the set - as we just had 76201 so no point having another set with Red Skull and the Tesseract so soon.

I don't think they would adapt from The Incredible Hulk, but perhaps 76215 Hulkbuster MKII is a method for them to include a more iconic/accurate Bruce Banner figure while the upcoming She-Hulk could have a tie-in set that give them an excuse to provide a new big-fig Hulk with articulated head like Thanos... I'd lean towards 76221 or 76223 based on the pricing of those sets at $45 and $60 respectively, though other sets are currently without pricing and could be more suited.

On 3/12/2022 at 4:14 PM, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I’d just like to say thank you for keeping this years list updates @Scarilian, it’s absolutely amazing that you provide an up-to-date guide for this year on almost every page :sweet:

Ty :3

Edited by Scarilian

I’m guessing that we’re going to get some Avengers 2012 “Infinity Saga” remakes this summer if the $500 set does end up being Stark/Avengers Tower. A big reason why Lego was able to include so many cool, new figures in the Daily Bugle D2C was because a lot of them had come out in Spider-Man sets already around that same time. I’d have to imagine that the same logic would apply here.

It’d also be fitting with the 10 Year Anniversary of The Avengers and Lego Marvel Superheroes.

Edited by The Stud

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

I’m guessing that we’re going to get some Avengers 2012 “Infinity Saga” remakes this summer if the $500 set does end up being Stark/Avengers Tower. A big reason why Lego was able to include so many cool, new figures in the Daily Bugle D2C was because a lot of them had come out in Spider-Man sets already around that same time. I’d have to imagine that the same logic would apply here.

It’d also be fitting with the 10 Year Anniversary of The Avengers and Lego Marvel Superheroes.

The designer said it was the opposite. It was the daily bugle that had the budget for all of the new figs but the smaller sets came out sooner than expected.

for instance the classic mysterio was made for the bugle but the monster truck that reused him came out early.

makes sense as they will have sold a lot of the smaller sets with the at the time “exclusive” figs!

Edited by Ghostcat

32 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

New Ms. Marvel trailer out now.

It honestly looks pretty good. Hopefully we'll see a proper Kamala minifigure at some point before too long (I could definitely see her coming even just in a comics set again at some point soon - it's easier to do her in a comics set than a darker character like Moon Knight (same thing as punisher, etc.)).

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

LEGO is really missing out on those series man.

Preach.

I've got my fingers crossed hoping they're holding off for an end-of-the-year wave of Disney+ sets, like how the CMF came months after three of the shows premiered.

1 minute ago, Buckethead said:

Preach.

I've got my fingers crossed hoping they're holding off for an end-of-the-year wave of Disney+ sets, like how the CMF came months after three of the shows premiered.

I could see the $25 sets being related to D+ stuff in some way. I suppose only time will tell for that, but we mainly just need a lot of figures to go with them. 

7 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

It is a great opportunity for LEGO to introduce a minifigure with HIJAB. Don't blow it, for god's sake!

Perhaps she'd wear it for a specific scene in the show but it seems incredibly unlikely that a set would include it as it's simply not what she primarily wears.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:14 AM, The Stud said:

Honestly the remake idea could explain why we have gotten a new Iron Man figure after the last one - which could result in us also getting a Hulk and/or Captain America figure remake also.

In terms of set remakes, I can easily see them giving us a minifigure pack with the Chitauri and Captain America similar to 6865, especially after a Chitauri appeared in the Endgame Final Battle Pack. This could give us a new Captain America figure.

I feel Quinjet Aerial Battle and Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout would be the most logical selection for another remake. This could give us updated Hulk, Loki, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Iron Man MK7 and a variant of the Chituari to act as a 'general'.

11 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

It is a great opportunity for LEGO to introduce a minifigure with HIJAB. Don't blow it, for god's sake!

I think you mean Allah.

Show looks interesting, curious to see what characters come out of this. Has a good female-Spider-Man vibe, if that makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, he didn't. 

Allah is the god. Hijab is the clothing.

I think it was in reference to them saying for gods sake, it should have been for Allah’s sake.

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I think it was in reference to them saying for gods sake, it should have been for Allah’s sake.

Lmao, didn't notice that. 

On 3/15/2022 at 8:05 AM, Buckethead said:

Preach.

I would love the CMF figures to continue. The next wave would be Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She Hulk and Ms Marvel. Definitely the best way to get figures for them, versus maybe a set here or there!

Even better, now that the Netflix series are on Disney plus, how about a wave of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Defenders!

Edited by Frizzlefry25