Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, dimitri_bricks said:

I still wish to get battle packs for this theme, one with 4 unnamed navis and on with 4 RDA mercenaries, I know I dream... 

Honestly I’d love this, with a small tree build for the navi and maybe a log with a gun on it for the marines. Maybe one in a skel suit too for good measure.

47 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Honestly I’d love this, with a small tree build for the navi [...]

Throw in a viperwolf and we have a deal :excited: BPs never even crossed my mind, that would be awesome! Or smaller sets in general.

Turns out the four Avatar sets rumoured for 2024 are apparently for a different theme :wacko: The theme‘s codename is „orange“, according to @Lego_Minecraft_Goat.

Interesting, but why do the numbers follow immediately after the other Avatar sets if it‘s a completely different theme?!

It's so Na'over bros... Oh well, it was a surprisingly niche theme even in this community. Glad it happened so I can get some of the figs for MOCs, but I would've liked to see a little more. Any chance it'll return for Avatar 3?

I would think we will - might also depend if the sets were selling well enough, though - however I would have been surprised to see sets this year without a new film.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Turns out the four Avatar sets rumoured for 2024 are apparently for a different theme :wacko: The theme‘s codename is „orange“, according to @Lego_Minecraft_Goat.

Interesting, but why do the numbers follow immediately after the other Avatar sets if it‘s a completely different theme?!

Maybe it’s just a differnet subtheme? But code name “orange’ is a hard one to figure what it could be. Garfield the cat? Lorax? Organtuan? I don’t know…

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

Maybe it’s just a differnet subtheme? But code name “orange’ is a hard one to figure what it could be. Garfield the cat? Lorax? Organtuan? I don’t know…

Subtheme of what exactly? :tongue: Also, the codenames don’t have any relation to the theme itself, the only exception so far was Minions (codename „banana“).

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Subtheme of what exactly? :tongue: Also, the codenames don’t have any relation to the theme itself, the only exception so far was Minions (codename „banana“).

Uhhh Avatar 3? I guess i made a bad guess after all. 

Hmm good point about Minions being codenamed “banana”.

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Uhhh Avatar 3? I guess i made a bad guess after all. 

Avatar 3 gets released in Dec 2025, meaning sets won’t hit shelves until Jan 26, if we even get sets in the first place :laugh:

I certainly hope that we do, but it‘s far from certain. Not sure how well the two waves sold, after all…

Well, guess this might be the end.

Contrary to prior rumours, no Avatar sets this year. The set numbers have been replaced by Despicable Me 4 set line.

FalconFan said on Instagram that this is probably the end for this theme.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

FalconFan said on Instagram that this is probably the end for this theme.

For now. They might bring it back for the third movie! :thumbup: 

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, could be another Jurassic World case (although I'm fairly sure it won't stay as a yearly theme afterwards).

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well someone can correct me if I am wrong but since Lego wouldn’t have made sets for avatar for basically a year come the end of 2024 I think the license will become available and another company can snatch it up   

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well someone can correct me if I am wrong but since Lego wouldn’t have made sets for avatar for basically a year come the end of 2024 I think the license will become available and another company can snatch it up   

Technically? But who would want to snatch up a license in an off-year without a new movie getting released? Besides, Disney are besties with TLG, I doubt they‘d just give the license to a competitor :tongue:

Also, other themes have taken breaks too before, like Jurassic World, as @THELEGOBATMAN points out

On 1/4/2024 at 9:30 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Technically? But who would want to snatch up a license in an off-year without a new movie getting released? Besides, Disney are besties with TLG, I doubt they‘d just give the license to a competitor :tongue:

Also, other themes have taken breaks too before, like Jurassic World, as @THELEGOBATMAN points out

Very true! Also, without LEGO Avatar, those long minifigure arms & legs would not have made a comeback. We might as well be glad that LEGO decided to reintroduce those long minifig limbs after over a decade.

Yeah there is no way Disney would give a competitor the license just because LEGO aren't making sets for a while until new content appears.