Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Main Street Mafia 2 - Day Two

9D1A0Yx.png

Main Street Mafia 2: Day Two - Call the Police!

tqmNchD.jpg

After an uneventful first day, as the town gathered early the next morning, they noticed that Fred was dead!

"Well, what should we do?" Gordon asked.

"Call the police?" someone replied.

u8WhoSz.jpg

The police were summoned, and the area was quickly cordoned off into a crime scene.

"Alright, nothing to see here." an officer said. "Please disperse."

"There's a corpse right there. You haven't even covered it up." Gordon pointed out.

2xghbOR.jpg

"Listen, you lot better just leave well enough alone. There's some suspicious activities going around town here."

Sometime later...

UR9ccjk.jpg

"Well, I've just finished searching Fred's shop and it would appear that he was a member of the Town after all. Better luck today!

NPC(s): 
IusppSw.jpg
Gordon - Chair of the Chamber of Commerce

Players (7): 
mCLJciJ.jpg
Geoff - Owner of the Cafe Corner (KotZ)
snWjjXv.jpg
Cheryl - Owner of the Hotel (Hinckley)
5rUB7GD.jpg
Susan - Owner of the Green Grocer (Jack Sassy)
9rJ4FPo.jpg
Ron - Owner of Chez Albert (Zepher)
AfqQfVv.jpg
Al - Owner of Al's Barber Shop (Kaanere)
vpykYBB.jpg
Joyce - Owner of The Highlander Pub (Jimmynick)
gJY5fW6.jpg
Ash - Landlord (Tariq j)

Gone, but not forgotten:
bnL7ZZV.jpg
Fred (Rumble Strike) Town

Rules:
1) You are either Town or Mafia. The town need to eliminate the mafia and the mafia need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the mafia will win. There are no third parties.
2) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
3) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after 24 hours. Even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. 
     3a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads.
4) Each day you can vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. It should be done in this fashion: 
                     Vote: Character (Player)
                     Unvote: Character (Player)

Ensure your vote is in bold so I don't miss it please!
5) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. 
6) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. 
8) Don't edit your posts, please!
9) Please try to post every day!

10) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures.
11) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

Oh no, Frank! Or Fred? Yeah, Fred. Oh no, Fred!

I think there were some people pushing us towards believing there were only two Mafia members among us yesterday. In my opinion, it's important to keep an open mind as to how many Scum there may be. I'm suspicious of anyone focusing on how many Scum there are. I'll look over what was said, some time in the next 24 hours. I'm tired. Not that it will take long as there really wasn't a lot of activity yesterday at all.

We could play dress-up in the mean time!

UnoFred!? How could they do this to Good Ol' Fred!? Now all the animals are gonna be strays!

Any investigators here? Or anyone that can provide insight regardless?

Good golly, Miss Molly, a murder! Here, on the Main Street! I'm not sure I can take much of it anymore, ever since Pa died, every death reminds me of him, damn it. Personally, I didn't know Fred much but he always seemed like a good pal. His shop had pets that Cheryl might not like due to the cat hair. He will be missed.

We need to find who is the damn traitor and avenge Fred for that matter! 

Ah damn. Sad to see you go, Fred.

8 hours ago, Kaanere said:

This seems dangerous to me.

8 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

His shop had pets that Cheryl might not like due to the cat hair.

Your point?

Just now, Hinckley said:

Your point?

No point, just stating the obvious in a way to remember Fred for what he was known. For what I know, any of you could be mafia, I can't risk dying, who's gonna continue selling fruit at the grocer?

12 hours ago, Kaanere said:

My insight is that you're fishing, as Geoff has pointed out :look:

It’s a very odd question to ask and does seem like Al is fishing. That said, I don’t think a scum would be silly enough to fish that boldly so early.

C'est terrible! This is sadly the most likely outcome, but it doesn't make it any less terrible for us. And worse still, while I advocated for no action yesterday, I think it is much more difficult to do nothing today - we will need to act before our numbers dwindle too much! So it is time for us to begin to discuss. The scum will certainly prefer to hide in the shadows. If we get everyone talking, hopefully someone will slip up. As Al has said, hopefully there are people in the shadows also working for us, but we can't rely on them!

So, who isn't contributing is my first thought! Cheryl has said that she is worried about those who are speculating scum numbers. I don't really agree, besides the fact that we should keep an open mind, but it is at least a stance. Al asked for investigators... sort of. Geoff called him out, Joyce agreed (which is... not much), and Ash also agreed, but added a least his own thoughts to the matter. Susan has spoken up twice, and said nothing of substance either time.

Based off of that, I would like to hear most from Susan and Joyce. Is there anyone you suspect? Qui et pourquoi?

55 minutes ago, Zepher said:

Based off of that, I would like to hear most from Susan and Joyce. Is there anyone you suspect? Qui et pourquoi?

Well, nothing personal, but so far I'm suspecting you. I don't have any real evidence for such suspicion other than your suggestions and sum ups. Only thing we can hope for is that we manage to vote off mafia today so there ain't a double innocent killing. Given all that, I would like to hear your suspicions.

As to why I've spoken before with nothing to add, I have a store to run, still am recovering from them damn rotten fruit! :pir-angry: 

I think I already voiced my suspicions: you and Joyce. The only other thing that's stuck out to me was people who doubled up votes yesterday: which again, is you, and Geoff, who made an accusation of fishing today at the first chance they had. Those three are highest on my list, but we're grasping at straws here in a lot of ways!

Voting is now open! With 7 players remaining, it will take 4 to lynch.

7 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

No point, just stating the obvious in a way to remember Fred for what he was known. For what I know, any of you could be mafia, I can't risk dying, who's gonna continue selling fruit at the grocer?

It came off, to me, as an amateur way to cast suspicion on someone. The cat hair is an inside joke. It felt like you were trying to attribute a motive to me for killing Fred. Are you new at this? Am I wasting my time nit-picking a new player?

My feeling was, reading your post the first time, that you were trying to see if anybody else would pick up on blaming me for Fred's death, cuz cat hair. If you were a n00B scum, you may think this was a way to get a Townie lynched.

Anybody else receive a top hat last night?

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

It came off, to me, as an amateur way to cast suspicion on someone. The cat hair is an inside joke. It felt like you were trying to attribute a motive to me for killing Fred. Are you new at this? Am I wasting my time nit-picking a new player?

My feeling was, reading your post the first time, that you were trying to see if anybody else would pick up on blaming me for Fred's death, cuz cat hair. If you were a n00B scum, you may think this was a way to get a Townie lynched.

I think you might've read too much into it. I was just writing something about his pet store and your cat hair comment came to mind. I've had no real suspicion towards you before but if we were to really act very paranoid (which is understandable) then this could be your move to start a bandwagon on me.

(You could say that I'm new, only my second time playing mafia game on Eurobricks. :pir-thumb:)

9 hours ago, Zepher said:

The only other thing that's stuck out to me was people who doubled up votes yesterday: which again, is you

Like I said in my (mistakenly) edited post on day one - I didn't notice that someone else had voted for Cheryl because the comment was on first page while the vote was on second. At my notice of the mention, I replied with the vote, only to later realise that someone else had already voted.

19 hours ago, Tariq j said:

It’s a very odd question to ask and does seem like Al is fishing. That said, I don’t think a scum would be silly enough to fish that boldly so early.

And now we're wifoming?

15 hours ago, Hinckley said:

It came off, to me, as an amateur way to cast suspicion on someone.

I got this vibe too — it was a very weird move.

15 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Anybody else receive a top hat last night?

huh?

7 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I've had no real suspicion towards you before but if we were to really act very paranoid (which is understandable) then this could be your move to start a bandwagon on me.

huh?

1 hour ago, jimmynick said:

I got this vibe too — it was a very weird move.

It was in no way a move of any sort, just had to think of something to say for remembering Fred, is all.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:12 PM, Hinckley said:

I think there were some people pushing us towards believing there were only two Mafia members among us yesterday. In my opinion, it's important to keep an open mind as to how many Scum there may be. I'm suspicious of anyone focusing on how many Scum there are. I'll look over what was said, some time in the next 24 hours. I'm tired. Not that it will take long as there really wasn't a lot of activity yesterday at all.

Cheryl, this slipped through the cracks a little. I'd like to hear your promised thoughts on this? It looked like it was going to be a way to build a case against someone, but now that Susan is under suspicion you're more interested in that. If this was something that truly bothered you, why didn't you ever follow up?

I know we're trying to find scum and I'm acting suspicious because of a misunderstood comment of mine. I feel it as a scum move to focus just on me in order to get someone voted off. I didn't have much suspicion before but after some thought process I do. Maybe it's just the paranoia growing on me.

Susan, you can be specific. You say you used to not have much suspicion but now you do! Who do you suspect?

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

Susan, you can be specific. You say you used to not have much suspicion but now you do! Who do you suspect?

At the moment I suspect Cheryl and Joyce, they tried to manipulate with my mind by giving my words a whole new meaning.

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

Cheryl, this slipped through the cracks a little. I'd like to hear your promised thoughts on this? It looked like it was going to be a way to build a case against someone, but now that Susan is under suspicion you're more interested in that. If this was something that truly bothered you, why didn't you ever follow up?

Like you said, it may be nothing. What Susan said is much more interesting. I'm also very busy getting drunk on Joyce's whiskey. @jimmynick Kindly put your character name in your fucking signature, please. And pour me another.

You, Ron, are still pinging me with your hyper-helpfulness. "Everybody talk so I can catch you!" But, that also may be a really good strategy from an earnest Townie. *hic* that I happen to agree with, anyway. There is really not enough activity for us to learn anything currently. I suppose I've had enough whiskey for the day and will go back and look over the very few posts that were made yesterday. I suspect Fred was killed as the Mafia found him inactive enough to avoid being protected or watched, and perhaps even laying low to protect his operative status, ie had a night action, which I sincerely hope wasn't the case. If we lost an investigator on Night One, that's very bad luck!

8 hours ago, jimmynick said:

huh?

:hmpf:Did. Any. one. Else. Re. ceive. A. Top. Hat. Last. Night?

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

There is really not enough activity for us to learn anything currently.

That I agree with, where has everyone gone off to? I know that we literally had murder right on the street and that any of us could be mafia.

Sign in to follow this