800x546.png

Remember? We were at: Outside of Pontelli. Tuesday afternoon.

Slim Shady was telling his story. Sorry about the cliffhanger... (see: the first LTP)

640x476.jpg

.... And then, after what seemed a small eternity, the door of the shed slowly opened and - much to my surprise - a nobleman stepped out in front of me.

640x853.jpg

It seemed that I had interrupted his tea time, as he stepped out with a cup of fresh tea in his hands, leaning on his elegant mahagoni walking cane, wearing some brownish suit.

He seemed to be a skilled fencer.

I guess he was a kind of marquis or so and I suspect him to be from Oleon, because he was saying things like "Vous, vous vous" and "veux veux veux".

640x480.jpg

Then, as if a button had been pressed, the aristocrat spoke to me in my own language: "Well, good man, what is it you desire?"

Slim Shady: "Your grace, I am but an honest merchant, far from home, trying hard to make a living. All I desire, is to buy a few tulips."

The Marquis: "Tulips? You mean those flowery thingies?"

Slim Shady: "Yes, your grace."

640x542.jpg

The Marquis: "Well then, how many do you want. One, two, three, four?"

Slim Shady: "Can I have a little more?"

The Marquis: "Five, six, seven and ten?"

Slim Shady: "It ain't much I'm asking, if you want the truth: I want it all. I want it all.I want it all. And I want it now!"

800x1173.jpg

The Marquis paused for a second. Then he said: "My young friend, I have but hundreds of tulips."

Slim Shady: Yes!

The Marquis: "They will cost you a fortune!"

Slim Shady: I know!

800x367.jpg

The Marquis: "And my workers are busy day and night to grow even more!"

Slim Shady: Excellent!

The Marquis: "Buddy, you're a young man, hard man, shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday, but seriously, won't you consider buying something more real. Like a house or so? Or a ship"

Slim Shady: I want tulips!!!

The Marquis: "This is what you said. But peradventure you might not be well versed with the craft of mathematics. Buying my field of tulips will cost you more than 900 dubloons!"

640x520.jpg

Slim Shady: Yes, your grace, I know. I have the money with me. We can close the transaction right here and now.

The Marquis (sighing after a long pause): "Well then, young man, if this is truly your wish I will not stand in your way. And I'll make a special offer for you. You can have my tulips for 900 dubloons + one banana.

Slim Shady continues his tale:
And so the deal was closed. I had more tulips that I could dream of and the price was more than justified. I would certainly be rich soon!
Plus, the extra banana turned out to be quite cheap - at least, when compared to current tulip prices...

400x677.jpg

The story so far:

Something for a Lady

Buying Some Flowers

Captain Cookies next move

Gray's Universal Store

What is he doing here?

The Tulip Traders

Tulips in the Garden

The first LTP

Those Terrible Tulips

The first LTP - continued (You are here)

The Holdup

Neighbourhood Watch and a New Idea

Tulips ... and sistershipping

A Good Idea?

A modern coin system - and someone buys a house

The Final Tulip Duel   (official end of the story line)

Tulips of Pontelli - 1st Epilogue

New Projects

2nd Tulip Epilogue

3rd Tulip Epilogue - Back at HQ

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

9 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I guess he was a kind of marquis or so and I suspect him to be from Oleon, because he was saying things like "Vous, vous vous" and "veux veux veux".

:pir_laugh2: I would not have expected this. The tulip field looks really very nice.

Nothing to see here... definitely not monkeys... just an Oleon nobleman and his flowers. :pir-laugh: 

On 11/1/2021 at 6:36 AM, NOD said:

:pir_laugh2: I would not have expected this. The tulip field looks really very nice.

Nobody expects the ... monkey :pir_laugh2:

But wait, there is no monkey. 

And the tulip field took ages to complete!

On 11/1/2021 at 3:10 PM, evancelt said:

What a dignified Marquis!

Quite so.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:55 PM, Kai NRG said:

Nothing to see here... definitely not monkeys... just an Oleon nobleman and his flowers. :pir-laugh: 

Right, right. Please move on!

On 11/2/2021 at 11:10 AM, blackdeathgr said:

That scabbard and wig looks fantastically in place on this good old marquis!!!

Yes, and I always wondered where he got that elegant brown suit. :pir-grin:

On 11/2/2021 at 2:12 PM, Fraunces said:

Lol who would've guessed haha

Nobody, of course. Totally unexpected. (I should plan the next cliffhanger more carefully :pir-laugh:). But anyway, a lot of comments had requested for the marquis to appear.

Yes, the marquis!  I had been missing him.  He seems to be quite a rich marquis now after this! :laugh: :pir-grin:  Love this continuation of the story, mate - and as I don't seem to have commented on your LTP before, those tulips really do make for a beautiful field, Captain! :wub: :drool:

On 11/10/2021 at 10:56 PM, Garmadon said:

Yes, the marquis!  I had been missing him.  He seems to be quite a rich marquis now after this! :laugh: :pir-grin:  Love this continuation of the story, mate - and as I don't seem to have commented on your LTP before, those tulips really do make for a beautiful field, Captain! :wub: :drool:

I guess the marquis has been rich before. Although, with his habit of playing cards, he also might have lost a lot of money. In any way I was surprised to see him drink tea.

:pir-sweet: