Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - FB -Ship] Cornucopia

"Well she's not very fast, but she also isn't very maneuverable."  Captain Tewton stated flatly. 

"Wait what?" Said, Master Shipwrite Jean Benoit

20210927_010030

"Not really much to look at either, though the new paint job has helped... I guess" Tewton continued 

"This design was used for 100s of years. And these are classic color schemes!" Benoit, between bewilderment and annoyance.

20210927_010112

"This was a major investment of resources and yard space." Benoit stewed.

"I'm just teasing you, Sir. Well I mean, she is sturdy! Thats for darn sure. And man, can she haul some freight! I guess, I get why they used this design for 100s of years, you know, but also why they kept working on it."

20210927_005646

Captain Tewton was not the most polished Captain in the merchant fleet, but supposedly could sail a sea turtle with his undershirt and had an impeccable record. 

20210927_005545

Perhaps his honesty was appropriate, in fact this was just the feedback Benoit had expected to get, more or less. The new ship would serve its purpose as a merchant well enough.

20210927_005751

Still though, Benoit had invested a lot in the design of this large Class V Merchant Vessel. "I think she looks pretty good from behind? Those thick lines and short design look good from the back?"

20210927_005910

Tewton was giggling at something, Benoit wasn't sure what, Benoit looked on concerned that he was laughing at the ship's stern, Tewton caught his misplaced anxiety and put him at ease, "Hey to each their own, my momma always said. Dont worry Sir, its a fine ship, a great crew, and an outstanding Captain... in my unbiased opinion."

20210927_005816

Tewton couldn't resist though... "And as you say, she has plenty of room in the old cargo hold..." 

Benoit again couldn't understand what Tewton was giggling about. Of course it had a tremendous cargo capacity. That was the whole intent of using this old design, what on earth was so funny?

20210927_010345

Edited by CapOnBOBS

I’m envious of your Viking ship hull.  I’ve always wanted one myself.

Looks like a fun ship build/problem to solve and great dialog alongside.  I think the hull has one too many colours (black, green, red, brown), but I figure it’s a collection constraint so no big deal.

Funny ship and story. You have integrated the Viking ship's bow and stern well with other bricks.

I kind of really like this experiment with the Viking hull! Stern works well and so does the bow and everything else really! Good try!