Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, DannyPowers said:

Interesting that they went with the Disneyland version when the mini version of the castle is Disney World's. I guess the southern gothic style is more iconic in their opinion, but they'll look odd next to each other.

Thank you!! This is the problem with Lego Disney sets. They are making Disney World sets and Disneyland sets without thinking about the “display factor.” We got Cinderella Castle (Disney World) and then the Disney Train (Disneyland). Then we got the mini Cinderella Castle (Disney World) and now a mini Haunted Mansion (Disneyland). It makes it difficult to display these sets together. Do I love that we are getting Disney Parks sets? Yes! But I don’t love the thinking that is going into this line.

The Mini HM is disappointing. The Mini Castle works really well for me, but some of the aesthetic And atmosphere of the mansion is lost at this scale.

That said, I hope they continue to make different rides. Big Thunder and Splash Mtn (unlikely with upcoming renovations), Tower of Terror would all be cool.

4 hours ago, TMNTerrapin said:

The Mini HM is disappointing. The Mini Castle works really well for me, but some of the aesthetic And atmosphere of the mansion is lost at this scale.

That said, I hope they continue to make different rides. Big Thunder and Splash Mtn (unlikely with upcoming renovations), Tower of Terror would all be cool.

Have to agree, not every structure looks good at that scale. HM really needs to be a D2C

Its a potential nice way to get multiple rides/buildings if they continue, but my entire family went mehhh (once they saw it) and there is alot of Disney in this house. Looks like $40 I can push to SW and Marvel. :classic:

I would rather have had a full minifig-scaled Haunted Mansion but given this is what's on offer, I will take it.

Points in its favor:

• It's Anaheim's version. (I am a California kid.)
  • They went with a human butler minifig instead of dressing up Mickey, which was what I was almost certain they'd do if they ever made an HM set.
  • Because it's small, I won't have to drop $200-300 on it. And make no mistake--I would have, for a full-sized one. But it will be nice not to have to reserve a couple months' worth of entertainment budget for this.
  • It's actually a really good piece count for the price.

I hope they do the Enchanted Tiki Room next! Or a Jungle Cruise boat!

17 hours ago, TMNTerrapin said:

Agree. It looks like a random building

Still no Lion King characters oh well… still thinking wishfully.

Anyways, do you think we wuuld get Disney CMF Series 3 next year?

Jedijacpenguin is hinting at a Cruella De Vil Brickheadz set next year :thumbup: I‘d prefer a minifig of course, but this is gonna be a cool addition regardless!

Kind of random

Little Mermaid BrickHeadz would make more sense, with the live action movie coming

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Kind of random

Little Mermaid BrickHeadz would make more sense, with the live action movie coming

41623: „Are we a joke to you?“ :tongue:

43210 Moana's Catamaran $34.99

43211 Sleeping Beauty's Castle 44.99

43212 39.99
43213 19.99
43214 Rapunzel's Music Box 9.99
43216 Princesses on a Magical Journey 64.99
43217 54.99
43219 34.99
43220 19.99
All different release dates from January, March, April and May. I’m intrigued by 43216, sounds like it could be at set based from the Lego Disney magazines. I’m glad Aurora is getting a castle however seems a low price point, hopefully it’s enough to include Philip. Perhaps we can expect a couple more sets, 43215 and 43218. I really hope there’s a Pocahontas set in there and a Merida set.

Is jinzol_lego on IG reliable? I think they‘ve had some previous leaks under their belt, but I‘m not really sure… Anyway, they‘re reporting that we might get Disney CMF S3 to celebrate the 100th anniversary! :excited:

@1414falconfan on insta just posted the same thing and he is extremely reliable. He’s a leaker I tend to believe. Anywhom, so exciting !! My thought is, if 23 is the last series to get bags, would these be releasing in boxes? Any chance Lego will stick to bags amidst all the backlash? If anything maybe Disney can put their foot down and demand plastic bags for their series.

naturally I want Lego sets for Disney movies and just figures is kind of limiting, I’d surely throw money at a Lilo & Stich, Tangled, or Pinocchio figure scaled set. But if the cmf series is the closest we get, I’d pray we finally get Pinocchio. With Ariel in series 1, and Jazmine/Elsa/Anna in series 2, I think I’m most excited to see what princesses we get. Fingers crossed for Pocahontas and Cinderella. But again I would throw money at actual sets for these as well.

Edited by cosmic

On 8/25/2022 at 8:14 AM, DragonElves said:

43210 Moana's Catamaran $34.99

43211 Sleeping Beauty's Castle 44.99

43212 39.99
43213 19.99
43214 Rapunzel's Music Box 9.99
43216 Princesses on a Magical Journey 64.99
43217 54.99
43219 34.99
43220 19.99
All different release dates from January, March, April and May. I’m intrigued by 43216, sounds like it could be at set based from the Lego Disney magazines. I’m glad Aurora is getting a castle however seems a low price point, hopefully it’s enough to include Philip. Perhaps we can expect a couple more sets, 43215 and 43218. I really hope there’s a Pocahontas set in there and a Merida set.

43210 - this should be good. I’m guessing it’ll have a redo of Maui and repeat of Moana from this years castle.

43211 - hoping for a Philip instead of another Maleficent, but top priority is definitely re-use the Merryweather mold from a few years ago and finally give all 3 fairies. I’d be happy with just Aurora and the 3 fairies.

43214 - not much to say. Hoping it’s not another reuse of the existing Rapunzel. She stands out at the minute as the only figure still with the old style torso and no back printing.

43216 makes me optimistic for Pocahontas. Just have a good feeling about it this time. Adventure set definitely feels like the kind of place to throw her in. Think Mulan and Merida are also good contenders for adventure. Presumably no Moana as she has a set of her own. Think they’ll probably throw in a classic princess in there as well. So yay for probably another Ariel.

5 more sets for later. I’m gonna call at least 2 frozen sets and (hopefully) some Encanto.

I hope there would be more minifigure-based sets like Lightyear or Mickey & Freinds lines. But heck, I’m glad we will get Disney Series 3 next year. 

On 8/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Is jinzol_lego on IG reliable? I think they‘ve had some previous leaks under their belt, but I‘m not really sure… Anyway, they‘re reporting that we might get Disney CMF S3 to celebrate the 100th anniversary! :excited:

So this sounds very exciting. I expect figures for characters that meant something important in those 100 years, like a milestone or just something iconic. Like Sorcerer Mickey,  Tarzan for the Renaisance, Rapunzel for the 3d era etc. Maybe even Walt Disney Himself, if not Yen Sid. And ofcourse Snow White and Pinochio (especially with the upcoming remakes).

But what I don't get is why 100 years now? In 2023? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it all started with a mouse, and that mouse is from 1928. So if they celebrate 100 years in 2023, so a history from 1923 and onwards they'll have to include stuff from before mickey right? So Oswald and Pete specifically come to mind. But even those don't go as far back as 1923, that would be Alice, which would be a very odd choice. Really curious what to expect.

I'm going to make a guess/wish for the upcoming cmf series:

- Snow White

- Evil queen

- Joy

- Sadness

- Mirabel

- Bruno

- Pinocchio

- Mickey Mouse, sorcerer apprentice

- Oswald

- Wall-E

- Lilo

- King Triton (IDK, but definitely needs a remake from the minidoll!)

Sorcerer Mickey seems like a likely choice.  Pinocchio makes sense with the new movie.  I could see Belle and the Beast being included, as I was surprised they were left out of the previous series.  If the series includes Incredibles minifigures yet again, I think Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl in their original costumes seem like the most plausible choice.  Really there's countless potential options, which makes me a bit annoyed that there can only be 12 this time.

48 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

So this sounds very exciting. I expect figures for characters that meant something important in those 100 years, like a milestone or just something iconic. Like Sorcerer Mickey,  Tarzan for the Renaisance, Rapunzel for the 3d era etc. Maybe even Walt Disney Himself, if not Yen Sid. And ofcourse Snow White and Pinochio (especially with the upcoming remakes).

But what I don't get is why 100 years now? In 2023? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it all started with a mouse, and that mouse is from 1928. So if they celebrate 100 years in 2023, so a history from 1923 and onwards they'll have to include stuff from before mickey right? So Oswald and Pete specifically come to mind. But even those don't go as far back as 1923, that would be Alice, which would be a very odd choice. Really curious what to expect.

The Walt Disney Company was founded in 1923 which is why it is the 100th anniversary.  It did start with the Alice cartoons.

As for minifigs I would love to finally get a Lilo to go with my Stitch, even better if they include a Scrump as her accessory.  Yensid would be awesome.  Maybe a Bambi & Thumper.  Definitely Snow White along with a dwarf or two or the Evil Queen.  Oswald, Pinocchio and the Blue Fairy, Dumbo.  More likely they'll pick one iconic figure to represent each decade and the requisite Mickey & Minnie.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

More likely they'll pick one iconic figure to represent each decade

Featuring each decade would be interesting. Something like:

Oswald Rabbit (1920s)

Snow White (1930s)

Sorcerer Mickey (1940s)

Cinderella (1950s)

Mowgli (1960s)

Robin Hood (1970s)

Human Ariel (1980s)

Mulan (1990s)

Lilo (2000s)

Judy Hopps (2010s)

Mirabel (2020s)

12th slot is up in the air. Maybe Disney himself, but I know he’s kinda controversial so idk.

I would love for Atlantis: The Lost Empire or Treasure Planet to make it he cut, but sadly they aren’t even close to being popular enough.

Did they call it Series 3?

Because Ashnflash referred to it as Disney 100th Anniversary Series. I wonder if this is actually going to be Series 3 or an unnumbered special series. I imagine light lbue/silver packing with the siver Disney 100 logo

Walt Disney Company 100th Anniversary Celebrating 100 Years of Wonder 2023

Anyway, here are my guesses

1. Wizard Mickey
2. Mirabel (Encanto)
3. Either Captain America or Iroman
4. Snow White
5. Elsa (Frozen 2)
6. Pinocchio
7. Luke Skywalker
8. Little Mermaid (Live action version)
9. Sully (Monsters Inc)
10. Little Bo Peep (Toy Story 1)
11. Tron
12. Mary Poppins
And maybe a 13th chase rare character: Walt Disney himself

Edited by Robert8

So if the upcoming CMF is truly meant to be a celebration of the centennial as opposed to a series 3 that just so happens to coincide with the centennial (warily eyes series 23 which was certainly not a celebration of Lego’s 90th as suspected), my guesses would be as follows:

1. Sorcerer Mickey - one of the most iconic variations on the mouse, who also has a habit of featuring in grand celebrations. From Lego’s point of view, he also happens to be the most iconic version of the character that can’t really be shoehorned into a standard playset. 
- (I’m not going to put a Minnie variant here, simply because there is no Minnie that corresponds to Sorcerer Mickey, so hopefully that combined with the limited number of characters will convince the designers to skip her this time)

2. Snow White - the star of Disney’s first feature length animation 

3. The Evil Queen - either in her Queen or hag form to face off against Snow White

4. Pinocchio - Disney Animation’s second feature length film, which also happens to have a live action version releasing soon

5. Cruela DeVil - 101 Dalmatians introduced a new way of transferring animators sketches to film cells that defined how Disney animation looked for decades. The film itself is also a persistently popular mainstay, and combined with Cruela herself getting a recent live action origin story she’s an obvious choice. 

6. Belle - The Little Mermaid might have been the film to kick off the Disney Renaissance, but with Ariel and Ursula appearing in series one it’s not a hard choice to turn to the film that kicked the studio’s revival up to 11.

7. The Beast - if you’re going to do one half of Beauty and the Beast, you’ve got to have the other as well, hopefully featuring the faun legs most recently used on Werewolf Lupin. 

8. Lilo (with Srump) - okay, I just want series 1 Stitch to finally have his best friend, but is that really too much to ask?

9. Sully - with Toy Story having its own line of sets that has thoroughly covered it’s characters, Monsters Inc is the next best property to represent the breakout of the CGI juggernaut Pixar

10. Baymax - recently got his own adorably wholesome Disney+ series, not to mention being extremely recognizable.

11. Maribelle - Encanto is the most recent Disney Animation installment, and by the time this CMF was being developed it would also have established itself as a smash hit, and an obvious choice to round out a series representing Disney’s entire history. 

12. Bruno - someone at Lego (or Disney depending on how high up the chain the decision was made) is kicking themselves over putting Abuela in Encanto’s single full-sized minidoll scaled set instead of Bruno. No way they’re going to pass up the opportunity to slip him into a product line that’s also considered highly collectible by adults. 

There’s definitely some gaps in here because I tried to avoid movies that had been done in previous series and I skipped over movies that didn’t feature bipedal characters, but I think a proper celebration of a century of Disney animation could look like this. 

2 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

I really hope for Belle and the Beast.

Same here - Beauty and the Beast is the top favorite Disney movie.