So mildly annoying. But I can't view the instructions of these sets. It always redirects me to the US instruction site when I want to view Denmark

Really don't want to wait till August to see them.

Think anyone in europe could pm me the pdf's?

59 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Think anyone in europe could pm me the pdf's?

Did you try the instruction links directly from Brickset ? 

44 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Did you try the instruction links directly from Brickset ? 

Didn't think of that. Thx!

Not really new news, but July is getting closer.

A lot of Ninjago retiring, including most seabound (except dragon/bounty) and about half of the legacy sets even as soon at the end of next month (July).

Others at the end of 2022

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-end-of-life-2022/#lego-ninjago

For 2022 sets, it includes the 3 Spinners and the Ninja Training Center.

Exceptions that aren't retiring are Sea Bounty, Water Dragon, and Zane's Titan mech but those are still listed to get a €10, €10 and €5 price increase.

Ninjago Gardens will increase +€50 as well.

Overall, with most 2021 sets retired, 2022 will have a LOT of room for new sets , will be interesting to see if they do a Reboot with new ninja, and maybe keep Legacy alongside it for updated sets with the current ninja team, Skybound etc would make good candidate for legacy imo.

The fact legacy Titan mech isn't retiring entirely , probably means the subtheme has a chance to be continued.

Edited by TeriXeri

23 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Not really new news, but July is getting closer.

A lot of Ninjago retiring, including most seabound (except dragon/bounty) and about half of the legacy sets even as soon at the end of next month (July).

Others at the end of 2022

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-end-of-life-2022/#lego-ninjago

For 2022 sets, it includes the 3 Spinners and the Ninja Training Center.

Exceptions that aren't retiring are Sea Bounty, Water Dragon, and Zane's Titan mech but those are still listed to get a €10, €10 and €5 price increase.

Ninjago Gardens will increase +€50 as well.

Overall, with most 2021 sets retired, 2022 will have a LOT of room for new sets , will be interesting to see if they do a Reboot with new ninja, and maybe keep Legacy alongside it for updated sets with the current ninja team, Skybound etc would make good candidate for legacy imo.

The fact legacy Titan mech isn't retiring entirely , probably means the subtheme has a chance to be continued.

I'd like to see more legacy possession/ skybound suits. Legacy would be better with more major characters and less ninja repeats. As for sets I'd like to see, Tiger Widow island remake, Raid Zeppelin, Jay and Nya's Fusion dragon, a Samurai X cave, Chen's temple ( enter the serpent), the lighthouse, Iron doom.

I will try and pick up Ninjago City Gardens on the 15th of June then, before the price hike and a big enough purchase to net me a forestman GWP.

As much potential as Legacy sets for later seasons could have (or heck, even other stuff from the early seasons, like the other dragons), I still feel like the Legacy subtheme might be over and done with... the EVO line seems to have been a pretty deliberate rethinking of what "introductory"/"classic" Ninjago concepts might look like. Even if we do get more classic-inspired Ninjago sets again someday (and I don't doubt it overall, Ninjago has gone through this cycle of classic/experimental more than once), I'm not sure whether they'd go back to the Legacy branding and its particularly show-inspired approach, or if they'd do something different (like how Legacy itself felt different from the Day of the Departed wave, despite feeling like a precursor of sorts to that "back to basics" approach).

I agree that Core/EVO was probably meant as a successor to Legacy, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but does mean we’ll likely miss out on any missing Legacy material. I suppose if after this year TLG discovers that Core sold far worse than Legacy they’d have to reevaluate, but I doubt there would be much of a difference. If anything, I’d expect Core to have sold better. In any case, I think we’ll likely see another Core wave next, to follow the “final battle” vibes Crystallized is putting off. Then I’d expect a reboot (either soft reboot with same characters a la SotFS or maybe the oft-theorized next generation ninja reboot) for Summer 2023. 

Just a heads up fellas, dragon Kai will be in the next ninjago magazine, wings and all. Honestly unsure if im gonna be picking up the Cole cruiser, I was leaning towards getting it but now that we know the main draw for the set is gonna be in just a regular magazine for about £5 Im back to being on the fence with it. Hopefully it shows up more in the show, if so it will push me to get it. But yeah, I suppose if they're doing Kai they may do all of the dragon ninja, which is definitely unexpected. Honestly I would have preferred to get the TotCK ninja variants. For all of you across the pond, Im sure this will drop the BrickLink prices for you as well. 

Looks like the Crystal King, Jay’s bike, Cole’s cruiser, Kai’s raider and the Ultra Dragon are all exclusive to Argos in the UK, at least for the time being, which is pretty bizarre. 

Hopefully other stores get these sets eventually. Would make it harder to find them at a discount if not.

9 minutes ago, Kopaka25 said:

Looks like the Crystal King, Jay’s bike, Cole’s cruiser, Kai’s raider and the Ultra Dragon are all exclusive to Argos in the UK, at least for the time being, which is pretty bizarre. 

Hopefully other stores get these sets eventually. Would make it harder to find them at a discount if not.

How did you find this out? I’ve been waiting for my local family run toy shop to get the sets in, I’m gonna go ask when their next shipment arrives. (I’m a pretty regular customer) but if the sets are exclusive then that will make an interesting predicament. 

I'm not in UK but more and more sets of "regular" themes are becoming store or lego exclusive here as well.

Ultra Dragon seems exclusive to LEGO or Intertoys in Netherlands.

Zane Jet , Crystal Temple , Samurai X Mech  and the 4+ dragon so far the only sets with wide distribution.

It can mean the difference between 0-15% discount, or 30-40% discount after a while.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

How did you find this out?

Those particular sets are marked as exclusive on the Argos website, and I haven’t been able to find them available from any other retailer, online or otherwise (excluding LEGO.com)

45 minutes ago, Kopaka25 said:

Ok I just read this again and those are exactly the sets that are semi-exclusive here in Netherlands as well.

The Intertoys shop says "first at Intertoys" for those particular sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Ok I just read this again and those are exactly the sets that are semi-exclusive here in Netherlands as well.

Yes, I was about to say that we have only the same 3 (or 4) sets in wide release so far. 

Very strange - I don’t think anything like this has happened before. I wonder if supply issues are part of the reason behind this?

What the hell is up with this season? This was going so well, the sets, the marketing, the trailers. Now it’s just all falling apart. Episodes randomly coming and going, leaks everywhere, prices increasing and weird release schedules. It’s like if Lego actually tries it just all falls apart, like trying to get a hold of a crumbly slice of cake! I’ll confirm on Wednesday if the sets will be stocked by my local shop. If they don’t have them it’s safe to say Argos will be having them. In the mean time, keep an eye out if your in the UK for the sets!

So, I did a bit of digging. Zane jet is available on amazon at about £30, although with a bit of hunting, I found one for £25. The sets marked "new and exclusive" at Argos dont show up on amazon, confirming their exclusivity. I wonder why they picked Argos of all places. Surly there where better alternatives. As the jet appeared to be not exclusive I will question my local store to see when its in, supporting local businesses and all that. This is sadly whats killing them off. Lego really need to pick up their game if they're gonna salvage this season. Somethings are sadly inevitable like the price hikes, but theres so many other things they can do to stop it from completely going down the drain. 

It's weird, in Australia it seems that only two sets are available (I just got the Golden Dragon from the online LEGO shop store, and the Zane jet is also available), and the rest of the wave are coming in August I think. 

On 6/11/2022 at 2:06 AM, Agent Kallus said:

I'd like to see more legacy possession/ skybound suits. Legacy would be better with more major characters and less ninja repeats. As for sets I'd like to see, Tiger Widow island remake, Raid Zeppelin, Jay and Nya's Fusion dragon, a Samurai X cave, Chen's temple ( enter the serpent), the lighthouse, Iron doom.

I will try and pick up Ninjago City Gardens on the 15th of June then, before the price hike and a big enough purchase to net me a forestman GWP.

I just want a Legacy Morro Dragon

Just now, DarthLeapyous said:

It's weird, in Australia it seems that only two sets are available (I just got the Golden Dragon from the online LEGO shop store, and the Zane jet is also available), and the rest of the wave are coming in August I think. 

Still haven't gotten a reply from lego after a week, they're usually pretty good with CS. After enquiring with the local toy shop they say they're gonna get "some ninjago any day now", so I'll see what comes in. As for Argos, its a mess. Delivery is advertised as £2.95 but when totalled up its £4, and you cant change it, you need to make an account which is slow and half the stores just dont deliver or aren't in stock. Its really baffling, Its like lego wants this to fail. Argos was definetly not the best choice, maybe amazon could have been better. The sets are also advertised as "early access" on its homepage so I'm wondering if the sets will get a wide release in august like the US. Lego making stupid marketing decisions. Whats new?

So are Ed and Edna foreign to Ninjargo? Their Junkyard sign isn't written in Ninjargon.

Also, are Shade and Ultraviolet part of a race in Ninjago that haven't been covered in the show? I mean, they aren't yellow

48 minutes ago, Killian said:

So are Ed and Edna foreign to Ninjargo? Their Junkyard sign isn't written in Ninjargon.

Also, are Shade and Ultraviolet part of a race in Ninjago that haven't been covered in the show? I mean, they aren't yellow

I haven’t seen the earlier seasons in many years, but I do think there are other instances of English being used in the show and maybe the sets too. Moreover, the official “Ninjargon” language wasn’t established until the movie, after which it was integrated into the show and sets. 

As for race, I suppose it’s possible, but at this point it’s unlikely to be addressed in the show. Some characters just have different skin tones probably as an aesthetic choice for minifigures. I doubt these characters were conceptualized as non-human, and within humans in Ninjago there seem to be no “races” in the same way they exist in the real world. 

If I had to guess. Shade, Killow and Ultra Violet are likely a similar race to the Shintari. Grey skin instead of white.

9 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

If I had to guess. Shade, Killow and Ultra Violet are likely a similar race to the Shintari. Grey skin instead of white.

Oh, I forgot about Killow :blush:

So decided to take a crack at fixing the Crystal King's front legs to give them movement. Still has the fixed knees. But considering he's 4 legged. Doesn't really need them for posing.

crystal_king_mod_parts_required.png

Parts you'll need for the new hips. Though they don't have to be these exact colors as all but the click joints will be hidden.

crystal_king_new_front_hips..png

The assemblies you'll have to make. The hips will be 1 plate lower on the modded version so that the hip armor doesn't have to be changed. Meaning the 4x4 plate goes on top of the assembly rather than the bottom. Then just build the set the way the instructions say.

crystal_king_mods.png

And here are what the new hips look like. They have to stick out farther to work. Also made some other mods but you don't have to do those. Just thought the wings should be fuller and the back legs having more detail. Crystal blade parts were swapped for look alikes.

Edited by Takanuinuva

Apparently there is going to be some 2023 news released by Promobricks this Friday or something. I don't know where they will take the series, but they definitely need to bring back the Oni IMO, perhaps as more of an ongoing "arc" villain. I just want more sinister Oni minifigures haha, and the battle pack is both expensive and elusive to get.