Will the rest of the sets leak soon? I'm keen to see the other villains.

EDIT: Is that crystal sword the same piece as his scythe? Looks like the Scythe of Quakes.

EDIT 2: Also notice the four-headed golden dragon teased next to the Lloyd image. Looks like the dragon will be having unique-coloured upper-jaw/head pieces instead of just gold, which is a nice contrast.

Edited by DarthLeapyous

as much of a controversial opinion as this is, I want Harumi to return, I think it is not too far fetched to say that Lloyd has a lot of HEAVY trauma surrounding Harumi as we (kind of) saw in the prime empire, I think it would be really interesting to see how Lloyd deals with her being there, and when it comes down to it, will he or will he not choose to kill her (or send her back to where ever the vengstone buyer brought her from, ALSO as we've seen Ninjago has leaned more towards more adult themes, such as loss and, differently grief with jay in season 16 so I think my Harumi theory ( or just wants) arent too far fetched 

1 hour ago, DarthLeapyous said:

EDIT: Is that crystal sword the same piece as his scythe? Looks like the Scythe of Quakes.

maybe the returning villains have the golden weapons? 

1 minute ago, living_off_lego said:

maybe the returning villains have the golden weapons? 

Could be, could be. Now i'm expecting the Aspheera minifigure to have the Sword of Fire. 

The new leaked set looks good, not sure if I'll end up getting it though. One thing that is kind of interesting is that it looks like there are going to be two variants of each of the ninjas this wave, which isn't something they've done in a while. The minifigures are cool, but I don't really have much else to say on this one. Hopefully we get a good look at some of the other (probably more interesting) sets soon.

So we are getting completely new outfits, no Core repeats. Gotta say, distinguishing the Gold Dragon ninja could be hard. According to Promobricks this one is supposed to be Cole but I can barely tell, the color scheme is too gold. Though, also according to Promobricks he's supposed to have the Epic Battle scythe, and I don't see it (or maybe I'm just blind). Those EVO wings look ridiculous on a minifigure.

Skull Sorcerer got legs now, it looks like he's called Crystal Sorcerer on the box. Lloyd on the promo image thing looks like he has his SotFS hood for some reason even though that hasn't been in sets for a couple years now. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

The figs look great and some great new parts.  The wings for the ninja are going to be so useful.  Can't wait to get a better look at the sets soon.  This definitely has piqued my interest.  

2 hours ago, DarthLeapyous said:

Could be, could be. Now i'm expecting the Aspheera minifigure to have the Sword of Fire. 

that would be badass asf, but i have a new theory, what if the villains do have the golden weapons, but they correspond with the main ninja from that season this is supported by the skull sorcery(maybe) having the scyth of quakes, 

• skull sorcerer with the scyth of quakes ( he was the villain in a cole centric season
  • asphera with the sword of fire ( she was the villain in a kai centric season, though this is debatable, though boxart says otherwise)
  • unagami with the nunchucks of lightning (he was the villain in a jay centric season)
  • the ice emperor with the ice shurikens, (though that would either mean that they would have to either not have zane as part of the main group for a bit, or deal with the multiverse where a variant of zane that the ice emperor comes into the picture.
  • as for prince calamari and chief mammatus, I don't know, of course, nya and Lloyd didn't have any golden weapons so they may have something else or just not appear at all

remember this is all speculation.

one theory I have is that the golden armour, mainly the hood looks suspiciously similar to the golden dragon armour concept art that was released. the mask and shoulder armour seem to line up pretty well. let me see if I can find it

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjago/images/0/06/Dragon_mask.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/185?cb=20220301084453

Edited by a guy from somewhere

As nice as the jet is, I can't help but feel like it's just a slightly altered Legacy Jay's Storm Fighter, at least as far as the body/wings. While that's a great design, it doesn't feel as "unique" as they could have gone for with a jet. 

Unless there's some theme to the new vehicles being "golden" versions of past vehicles? To go with the reprised villains?

22 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Unless there's some theme to the new vehicles being "golden" versions of past vehicles? To go with the reprised villains?

I thought that too. Honestly, it would be so cool. I feel a lot of homage to the origins of Ninjago in this season, I love it. 
I hope we can see pictures of the other sets soon.

4 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

that would be badass asf, but i have a new theory, what if the villains do have the golden weapons, but they correspond with the main ninja from that season this is supported by the skull sorcery(maybe) having the scyth of quakes, 

• skull sorcerer with the scyth of quakes ( he was the villain in a cole centric season
  • asphera with the sword of fire ( she was the villain in a kai centric season, though this is debatable, though boxart says otherwise)
  • unagami with the nunchucks of lightning (he was the villain in a jay centric season)
  • the ice emperor with the ice shurikens, (though that would either mean that they would have to either not have zane as part of the main group for a bit, or deal with the multiverse where a variant of zane that the ice emperor comes into the picture.
  • as for prince calamari and chief mammatus, I don't know, of course, nya and Lloyd didn't have any golden weapons so they may have something else or just not appear at all

remember this is all speculation.

Probably Vex with the shurikens

Mammatus isn't evil and Kalmar is dead. (Though if Unagami is a villain again. Mammatus could be corrupted as well.)

Harumi will probably be Lloyd's villain

And maybe Pythor is Nya's

Edited by Takanuinuva

9 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Probably Vex with the shurikens

Mammatus isn't evil and Kalmar is dead. (Though if Unagami is a villain again. Mammatus could be corrupted as well.)

Harumi will probably be Lloyd's villain

And maybe Pythor is Nya's

I agree with everything. Though I think Harumi will become good at the end and will help Lloyd at some point. So Lloyd's villain would probably be The Crystal King (that I guess is the new form of The Overlord).

On the back of the box, Cole is shown holding the scythe, so it very well could be the Scythe of Quakes. From the picture quality I can’t tell if it’s the Epic Battles version in gold, a brick built one, or (dare I dream) a new molded piece! 

1 hour ago, Rolyat24 said:

On the back of the box, Cole is shown holding the scythe, so it very well could be the Scythe of Quakes. From the picture quality I can’t tell if it’s the Epic Battles version in gold, a brick built one, or (dare I dream) a new molded piece! 

I think it is a genuine moulded piece, as is it looks as the the bar is entirely consistent across the entire scythe, leading to my belief that it is a single piece. in addition, the scythe does not have the wave of energy at the back like the epic battle mould. I would wager that Promobricks saw a preliminary image of the set, with the epic battle scythe being a placeholder.

1 hour ago, Bloquerto said:

I agree with everything. Though I think Harumi will become good at the end and will help Lloyd at some point. So Lloyd's villain would probably be The Crystal King (that I guess is the new form of The Overlord).

Ooo thats a better idea, though @Takanuinuva jjdd had a better idea with harumi being lloyds 

So I was messing with Marvel Superheros mech design and ended up making this evo styled mech for Cole. Had to substitute parts since the Evo' chest and armor parts aren't in LDD. But I think it turned out real well

cole_evo_mech.png

I didn't feel it needed a seperate topic. But I will make one if I can't post this here.

Is there any rumor regarding new molded (not brick-buildable) creatures this year?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 3/6/2022 at 10:29 PM, Takanuinuva said:

So I was messing with Marvel Superheros mech design and ended up making this evo styled mech for Cole. Had to substitute parts since the Evo' chest and armor parts aren't in LDD. But I think it turned out real well

[image]

I didn't feel it needed a seperate topic. But I will make one if I can't post this here.

How did you get the new elbow/knee mech pieces in LDD?

So I just got the Ninja Ultra Combo Mech, because as a twelve-year-old I desperately wanted a combining robot for the Ninja and now that it’s actually happened I just couldn’t not get it.

I have to ask; do we know who’s been running the Ninjago Mech design and why they’re such a massive fan of Gurren Lagann? Because Zane’s Mech and its skull face was one thing, the Hydro Bounty’s escape pod Mech and its figurehead face was another . . but I’m looking at the tiny black gap between the chest and pelvis plates on Kai’s Mech and seeing a mouth, and the massive golden ornaments as giant Gurren Lagann sunglasses (with the red bits around them as eyebrows/cheeks), and now I can’t unsee it. 

The mech is designed by Niek van Slagmaat, and I'm pretty sure there's a post on his Twitter (toothdominoes) where he personally confirms the Gurren Lagann inspiration. 

But if your question actually was _why_ he's a fan, then i don't know :-)

Personally I love it since I'm a big Gurren Lagann fan, but I also wouldn't mind some more variation in the mech designs. That said, I do find Ninjago's mechs to be way more interesting than other themes right now (aside from Monkie Kid), so maybe they should just keep doing what they've been doing.