Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #5: Slay Ride

51 minutes ago, Yzalirk said:

[OoC: I checked the FAQ to see if activating the Cloaking Generator during combat counts as an action and could not find an answer other than some items may be used in conjunction with other actions.  If not, disregard the Cloaking Generator than.  If so, that is totally awesome.]

(OOC: Tools apply their bonus passively, so as long as you have it equipped you'll get the bonus to the appropriate checks. The line you're referring to alludes specifically to certain consumables. However, the Cloaking Generator won't actually do anything in this situation as attacking involves neither Stealth nor Sleight of Hand, and the same goes for defense.)

51425092435_5ece22c66b_b.jpg

The heroes spread out and open fire on the descending flock. Ronin and Aysu strike with precision and swiftness downing two hawks in mere seconds. Decker stands his ground swinging his pistol at the bird, but the hawk nimbly dodges. Enson meanwhile smashes his hammer at a raptor, barely missing as the weapon crashes into a snow bank. Polaris charges forward and draws her newly acquired boomerang ready to deal death to her avian foes. The flock swirls around in a flurry of feathers and talons, but the armor and fortitude of the party stands strong and the birds are repelled without a scratch.

Round 1
Ronin moves to C3
Ronin vs. Frost Hawk C - (5,6, +2) 4 Success vs (4,5) 2 Successes = 2 Damage, KO'd
Aysu moves to D4
Aysu vs. Frost Hawk A - (1, 2,5, +2) 3 Successes vs. (6,3) 1 Success = 2 Damage, KO'd
Decker vs. Frost Hawk F - (3, +2) 2 Successes vs. (5, 5) 2 Successes = 0 Damage
Enson moves to E2
Enson vs. Frost Hawk D - (4, +1) 2 Successes vs. (5, 6) 2 Successes = 0 Damage
Polaris moves to F3
Polaris changes weapons

Frost Hawk B moves to C4
Frost Hawk B vs. Aysu - (1,6,+1) 2 Successes vs. (6,5,2,2) 2 Successes = 0 Damage
Frost Hawk D vs. Enson - (1,3,+1) 1 Success vs. (6,6) 2 Successes = 0 Damage
Frost Hawk E moves to E3
Frost Hawk E vs. Polaris - (2,3, +1) 1 Success vs. (3, 6, 1) 1 Success = 0 Damage
Frost Hawk F moves to F4
Frost Hawk F vs. Decker - (2,4,+1) 2 Successes vs. (5,6) 2 Successes = 0 Damage

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors)
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 0/13
Vitality: 5/5 6/6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1 2
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 2, Melee Weapons 1, Religion 2, Survival 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font
Credits: 20
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 3x

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle) 
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  0/13 
Vitality:  8/8 
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  2 3
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  1/1
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Elemental Evocation, 
Credits:  
Equipment: Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon),
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2)

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Vitality: 6/6
Velocity: 2 3
Strength: 2
Skill: 3 4
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 75
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Character Points: 0/10
Vitality: 5/5
Strength: 1
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 0/0
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Stealth 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame)
24 year old male Human
Vitality: 6/6 7/7
Strength: 3 4
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Equipment: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory:

Enemy

51421749805_cb25c5792a_t.jpg
Frost Hawk B
 *Immune to Restrained*
Vitality: 2/2
Velocity: 5
Proficiencies: Acrobatics 2, Melee Weapons 2, Perception 3
Equipment: Icicle Talons (Standard Elemental Melee Weapon)
Passive Abilities: Flyby - The Frost Hawk may move away from a player without provoking an Opportunistic Attack

Frost Hawk D
 *Immune to Restrained*
Passive Abilities: Flyby - The Frost Hawk may move away from a player without provoking an Opportunistic Attack

Frost Hawk E
 *Immune to Restrained*

Frost Hawk F
 *Immune to Restrained*

"Miss Aysu would you kindly get this bird off my back!  Miss Polaris!  Back away!"

Enson will attack Hawk E.

@samurai-turtle @Peppermint_M @Yzalirk @Endgame

(OOC: I believe the optimal course would be for Ronin and Decker to attack the birds next to them, Aysu to attack Hawk D, and Polaris to move to G2 and target whichever of Hawks D, E, or F are still alive. Does that sound good?)

Smirking at the puff of ice and feathers that had been an attacking bird, Aysu  heard the shout. "Sure thing Enson!" She took aim, careful to avoid her comrade and fired a bolt of energy at Hawk D "Too bad no friendly faces is here to call these birds off eh?"

You hear the "Captain" MILES. We are spouse to move back and just wait. 

/// Making adjustments. 

Moves to g2 strikes at any "bird" that is left alive. 

Decker grunts in frustration as his wild swing misses its mark, but when the puff of snow clears he sees that his compatriots Ronin and Aysu felled their targets.

"Ronin! Aysu! That's how you do it." Decker throws a thumbs up before grabbing his pistol and taking another savage swing towards the head of Frost Hawk F.

51425430728_a5911ba8db_b.jpg

The heroes continues to decimate the flock of Frost Hawks nearly bringing down each one. Ronin slices and dices the nearest hawk almost cutting it in half. Aysu downs another with a well aimed shot even as she is assaulted by a duo of birds herself. Decker and Enson bludgeon their respective birds to death as Polaris's new boomerang clubs another raptor out of the sky. The lone bird takes a swipe at Ronin but can't land a hit on the speedy rogue.

Round 2
Ronin vs. Frost Hawk B - (2,5, +2) 3 Success vs (4,6) 2 Successes = 1 Damage
Aysu moves to D4
Aysu vs. Frost Hawk D - (5, 4,1, +2) 4 Successes vs. (3,5) 1 Success = 3 Damage, KO'd
Hawk B vs. Aysu (Opportunistic Attack) - (6, 2, +1) 2 Successes vs. (6,5,4,1) 3 Successes = 0 Damage
Hawk E vs. Aysu (Opportunistic Attack) - (2, 2, +1) 1 Successes vs. (2,5,3,5) 2 Successes = 0 Damage
Decker vs. Frost Hawk F - (2, +2) 2 Successes vs. (3, 2) 0 Successes = 2 Damage, KO'd
Enson vs. Frost Hawk E - (4, +1) 2 Successes vs. (1, 6) 1 Successes = 1 Damage
Polaris moves to G3
Polaris vs. Frost Hawk E - (5, +1) 2 Successes vs. (2, 6) 1 Success = 1 Damage, KO'd

Frost Hawk B vs. Ronin - (2, 5, +1) 2 Successes vs. (4, 4, 2, 3) 2 Successes = 0 Damage

Party

Vitality: 5/5 6/6
Strength: 1 2
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)

Character Points:  0/13 
Strength: 
Skill:  2 3
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Credits:  
Equipment: Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon),
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2)

Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles

Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

24 year old male Human
Vitality: 6/6 7/7
Strength: 3 4
Equipment: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory:

Enemy

Frost Hawk B
 *Immune to Restrained*
Vitality: 1/2

"Eesh, flappy birds! Can't you see I got two already!" Aysu ignored the pair to assist Enson. With the last bird too close, she stepped back to F4, Ronin looked to have things handled but she wanted to be in position ready to fire on the last hawk if needs be.

Move forward MILES. As the Boomerang continues to "whistle" with wind noise. I better be ready to finish the last of these things. 

Moves to e2 and readies an attack. 

(Went to a concert last night! Things got hectic.)

Decker takes another swing, this time glancing the skull of the Frost Hawk. It was enough to ground the beast, a plenty large enough window for Decker to swing again and deliver a decisive mode.

Rolling out his shoulder, Decker runs to F3 and rallies Polaris. "C'mon, you can do this! Show 'em what you got."

Ronin brings his katana down upon the last bird as the remainder of the larger flock are repelled by the townsfolk. Frozen feathers litter the ground people try to access the damage. Thankfully most seem only minorly injured or  inconvenienced.

Round 3
Ronin vs. Frost Hawk B - (2,6, +2) 3 Success vs (3,6) 1 Successes = 2 Damage, KO'd
Aysu
Decker
Enson
Polaris

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All heroes earns 1 CP

Party

Character Points: 1/14

Character Points:  1/14 
Strength: 
Skill:  2
Credits:  

Character Points: 1/14
Skill: 3

Character Points: 1/11
Skill: 3
Inventory:

24 year old male Human
Character Points: 1/11
Strength: 3
Inventory:

45 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

I wonder could we do something with the dead birds. Like make some food or trade them for something. 

MM Note: Sounds like a proficiency check. :wink: Would Polaris like to try to do something with them? :classic:

20 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

"I want to take a look at those feathers, those kind of things can fetch good prices"

Aysu Nature Proficiency Check (DC 1, 3) - (1, 5, 5) 2 Successes

Aysu is able to gather 6 Crystalline Feathers and determines that they might have some economic and health value if given to the right person.

Enson gazed at the birds in a rather morose fashion, feeling more than a little sorry for them.  Shaking his head a little he turned to face Polaris.

@samurai-turtle Enson gave a little cough.  "Miss Polaris," he said stiffly, "I may have been a little... short with you just now.  I'm sorry about that, and for any feelings of resentment I may have caused.  Believe me," there was an earnest tone in his voice now, "I fully intended to let the thing about vacuum exposure slide, but-"  He stopped himself abruptly, closed his eyes, clenched his hands, and brought them together before him in a knuckle-to-knuckle manner.  "No," he said, more to himself, "no buts.  Anger is the first resort of the irrational and making excuses for it reflects poorly on my character.  I am sorry, and there is an end to it."  He abruptly relaxed, opened his eyes, and bowed deeply to Polaris.

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Sounds like a proficiency check. :wink: Would Polaris like to try to do something with them? :classic:

Polaris ponders if they could be made into some sort of "jerky" for the trip. Most birds taste the same. I wonder if they could be prepared quickly for the "road"... 

38 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Enson gazed at the birds in a rather morose fashion, feeling more than a little sorry for them.  Shaking his head a little he turned to face Polaris.

@samurai-turtle Enson gave a little cough.  "Miss Polaris," he said stiffly, "I may have been a little... short with you just now.  I'm sorry about that, and for any feelings of resentment I may have caused.  Believe me," there was an earnest tone in his voice now, "I fully intended to let the thing about vacuum exposure slide, but-"  He stopped himself abruptly, closed his eyes, clenched his hands, and brought them together before him in a knuckle-to-knuckle manner.  "No," he said, more to himself, "no buts.  Anger is the first resort of the irrational and making excuses for it reflects poorly on my character.  I am sorry, and there is an end to it."  He abruptly relaxed, opened his eyes, and bowed deeply to Polaris.

I probably will get over it, just give it some time. Next thing stop bring it up, it might make one of us sound bitter over the, "lame" thing. And don't worry over being called "Captain" their is worst things to be called than a command rank, maybe consider a nickname. 

1 minute ago, samurai-turtle said:

Polaris ponders if they could be made into some sort of "jerky" for the trip. Most birds taste the same. I wonder if they could be prepared quickly for the "road"... 

I probably will get over it, just give it some time. Next thing stop bring it up, it might make one of us sound bitter over the, "lame" thing. And don't worry over being called "Captain" their is worst things to be called than a command rank, maybe consider a nickname. 

Polaris Survival Proficiency Check (DC 1,3) - (3, 4, 3) 1 Success

Polaris figures that she could scrape enough meat together to perhaps make a single serving of Rations

51435459285_2bb6524414_t.jpg Field Rations - (Consumable, Restores 1 Vitality)

41 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Enson smiled.  "I suppose that's true.  Thank you."

Watching Polaris examine the birds, his expression slowly became one of concern.  "You know," he said, "this attack doesn't seem... natural."  He waved his hand expressively.  "I mean, that las bird at least should've made an attempt to escape after it was injured."  He shook his head.  "I do not have a good feeling about this."
Taking out his cold weather survival manual, Enson began flipping through it to see if it could offer any insights into the birds' strange behavior.

Edited by Duvors

Decker steps back and watches as Ronin's katana shreds through the last frost hawk. He nods in approval and then casually steps over the corpse of the Frost Hawk he felled.

"Would you look at that," he says morosely, holstering his pistol. "Not bad at all fellas. Not bad at all."

Decker thinks for a moment on Enson's words. "Or maybe they are just that ornery? These things had an attitude on 'em," Decker shrugs, watching his team members pluck the birds dry.

"Or maybe something got them all riled up. Displaced by setting up the track, maybe. Or worse... Something bigger and nastier than these critters."