Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #5: Slay Ride

"Well, this thing looks like it packs a bunch," Decker grimaces, before rushing forward. He had no other options and no other weapons - he had to throw himself into the jaws of the beast, just hopefully not literally...

Decker moves to C4 and swings at the gator.

51560770434_4323c22c42_c.jpg

The heroes reposition to a more defensible stance as Polaris and Aysu deal quick damage to the beast. Enson tries to trap the creature's jaws with his hammer but its maw proves too powerful. The gator in turn snaps its massive jaws down on decker before retreating slightly into the frigid water.

Round 1
Enson Athletics Proficiency vs. Polar Gator Athletics Proficiency: (1,3,6) 1 Success vs. (6,2,3,4,3) 2 Successes = Unable to wedge hammer
Enson moves to C1
Decker moves to C4
Decker vs. Polar Gator - (3, +2) 2 Successes vs. (4,4,4,+1) 4 Successes = 0 Damage
Polaris moves to C2
Polaris vs. Polar Gator - (5,+1) 2 Successes vs. (6,2,1) 1 Success = 1 Damage
Aysu vs. Polar Gator - (4,4,1+2) 4 Successes vs. (3,1,3) 0 Successes = 4 Damage
Ronin stays put

Polar Gator vs. Decker - (5,6,2,4,+2) 5 Successes vs. (6,+1) 2 Successes = 3 Damage
Polar Gator moves

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 3/16
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 2, Melee Weapons 1, Religion 2, Survival 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font
Credits: 20
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 3x

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle)
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  3/16
Vitality:  6/8
Velocity:  2
Strength: 2 
Skill:  2
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  1/1
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Elemental Evocation, 
Credits:  0 
Equipment: Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon),
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2)

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 2/15
Vitality: 6/6
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 75
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Character Points: 3/13
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 0/0
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Stealth 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame)
24 year old male Human
Vitality: 3/6
Strength: 3
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Equipment: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory:

Enemy

51554753748_38705134a4_t.jpg Polar Gator *Large*
Vitality: 10/15
Strength: 4
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 4, Short Range Weapons 4, Athletics 2, Perception 2
Equipment: None
Innate: Gripping Maw (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Swiping Tail (Calibrated Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Toughened Hide (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Passive Abilities:
Feast - The Polar Gator restores 2 Vitality whenever it drops a hero to 0 Vitality
Aquatic - The Polar Gator can move through water squares unimpeded

"Decker, the point is to lure it onto the land.  It's not coming up here if it can hit you from the water."

Enson will cast Sustaining Healing on Decker.

@samurai-turtle @Peppermint_M @Yzalirk @Endgame My recommendation for this round is that Decker move to A2, Aysu moves to A1, and Polaris moves to B1. After that I'd say Ronin Rallies Decker while everyone else do something to prepare for the next round; Defend, switch weapons, make a proficiency check, cast a spell, whatever.

Snapping off a shot that hit home, Aysu hoped there were more where that came from. Moving to A1 she Assessed for her next shot (Perception Check)

5 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Decker, the point is to lure it onto the land.  It's not coming up here if it can hit you from the water."

Enson will cast Sustaining Healing on Decker.

@samurai-turtle @Peppermint_M @Yzalirk @Endgame My recommendation for this round is that Decker move to A2, Aysu moves to A1, and Polaris moves to B1. After that I'd say Ronin Rallies Decker while everyone else do something to prepare for the next round; Defend, switch weapons, make a proficiency check, cast a spell, whatever.

It falling back. Is this a good thing? Maybe I should move over there? (A3) 

OoC:

As of right now I am moving before Aysu and Decker. So if that doesn't change I don't know what else to right now.

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

As of right now I am moving before Aysu and Decker. So if that doesn't change I don't know what else to right now.

I chose the position I did to make sure the Gator couldn't hit anyone but me from a water tile. As for action order, Decker is actually going before you, and you can still move into Aysu's space so long as you don't both end the turn there. However as it seems to bother you-

Round 2 Initiative Order
Enson
Decker
Ronin
Aysu
Polaris

-I can just shuffle you around a bit, as you, Ronin, and Aysu all share the same initiative result. Is that good?

Also, are you sure you don't want to take any actions this round? There's a whole host of things you can do.

Edited by Duvors

5 hours ago, Duvors said:

I chose the position I did to make sure the Gator couldn't hit anyone but me from a water tile. As for action order, Decker is actually going before you, and you can still move into Aysu's space so long as you don't both end the turn there. However as it seems to bother you-

Round 2 Initiative Order
Enson
Decker
Ronin
Aysu
Polaris

-I can just shuffle you around a bit, as you, Ronin, and Aysu all share the same initiative result. Is that good?

Also, are you sure you don't want to take any actions this round? There's a whole host of things you can do.

OoC:

Next time double check the battle order because I was going before Aysu and all that would happen was I would "bump" into Aysu because she hasn't moved yet. And I would have to go back to ware I started. It happen in mission 2 once if you want to check it out especially what Water Brick Down might do. 

What actions you are talking about? The only one I can think about right now is casting a spell and I don't think ai want to that yet.

7 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

Next time double check the battle order because I was going before Aysu and all that would happen was I would "bump" into Aysu because she hasn't moved yet. And I would have to go back to ware I started. It happen in mission 2 once if you want to check it out especially what Water Brick Down might do. 

What actions you are talking about? The only one I can think about right now is casting a spell and I don't think ai want to that yet.

Even if WBD won't let you move into a space until it's vacated that doesn't matter. Since both you and Aysu have the same result on your initiative check (0 successes) I can simply change the order you two act in, which I just did. Also, can you link to the specific thing you're referencing? I can't find it.

As for actions, just off the top of my head you can:

Rally an ally,
Defend an ally,
Defend yourself,
Switch Weapons,
Attempt a Nature Check to magically commune with the chillodile and make it friends?
Attempt a Medicine Check to spot weaknesses in crocogator we can exploit,
Attempt a ??? Check to ???

If you're having trouble thinking of what actions to take, I'd recommend creating a cheat sheet of the combat actions you can take that you can reference quickly while deciding what to do.

12 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

It falling back. Is this a good thing? Maybe I should move over there? (A3) 

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

Well if you want me move over their (B1). I will do that instead. I better keep an eye on you Enson. (Protect him) 

28 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Even if WBD won't let you move into a space until it's vacated that doesn't matter. Since both you and Aysu have the same result on your initiative check (0 successes) I can simply change the order you two act in, which I just did. Also, can you link to the specific thing you're referencing? I can't find it.

As for actions, just off the top of my head you can:

Rally an ally,
Defend an ally,
Defend yourself,
Switch Weapons,
Attempt a Nature Check to magically commune with the chillodile and make it friends?
Attempt a Medicine Check to spot weaknesses in crocogator we can exploit,
Attempt a ??? Check to ???

If you're having trouble thinking of what actions to take, I'd recommend creating a cheat sheet of the combat actions you can take that you can reference quickly while deciding what to do.

OoC:

In mission 2 page 5 round 7 Varen "bumped" into Polaris. Plus if you didn't adjust the battle order that results probably been a repeat of said round. 

As it seems right now you seem to have some plan. And I don't want to mess it up. Plus I don't want to be that guy that "I do what I want and you better make me the leader because my way is the only way." Then their was the question of ware I was going. And my actions could of been a big waste.

50 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

In mission 2 page 5 round 7 Varen "bumped" into Polaris. Plus if you didn't adjust the battle order that results probably been a repeat of said round. 

As it seems right now you seem to have some plan. And I don't want to mess it up. Plus I don't want to be that guy that "I do what I want and you better make me the leader because my way is the only way." Then their was the question of ware I was going. And my actions could of been a big waste.

The closest thing I have to a plan is a vague idea that some of us might attempt a combined check next round to restrain the creature, but I don't think it would be ultimately that effective. Normally I just come up with ideas for each round as they happen.

That said, I will admit that what I'm suggesting now is for all of us to get as far away from the water as we can so it has to come on land where it won't have an advantage on us.

For the first time in his very brief Heroica career, Decker sustains damage. Quite a bit, in fact, the gator's jaws clamping down on his left elbow, puncturing his armor.

"HRrrrrngh!" he hisses, not having taken a hit like that in quite a while. He moves up to A2 and Defends himself in case the gator comes back for another taste.

"Wanted to go in and take a whack at it... Learned my lesson there..."

51566019942_25717a8fc7_c.jpg

The heroes once more draw up a defensive position attempting to draw the gator back onto the land. Enson patches up Decker as the scrapper and Polaris take up shielded stances. Ronin encourages Aysu who prepares herself for another piercing shot. The gator annoyed at its quarry storms the beach and crunches Ronin in its might jaws dropping the hero in one hit.

Round 2
Enson casts Sustaining Healing on Decker: (3,2,+1) 1 Success = 1 Vitality Restored (-1 Spirit)
Decker moves to A2
Decker Defends himself - +1 Dice added to next Defensive Combat Check
Ronin Rallies Aysu - +3 Dice to Aysu's next Offensive Combat Check
Aysu Perception Proficiency Check (DC 1,3) - (1,3,4) 1 Success = Cancel Range Penalty for Next Shot
Polaris moves to B2
Polaris Defends Enson - +1 Dice added to next Defensive Combat Check

Polar Gator moves
Polar Gator vs. Ronin - (5,2,4,5,+2) 5 Successes vs. (2,2,3) 0 Successes = 5 Damage, Ronin Unstable, (Feast = +2 Vitality to Polar Gator)

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
Spirit: 1/2
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 3x

Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Equipment: Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon),
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2)

Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk) *Unstable*
Vitality: 0/5
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

24 year old male Human
Vitality: 4/6
Equipment: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory:

Enemy

Vitality: 12/15
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 4, Short Range Weapons 4, Athletics 2, Perception 2
Innate: Gripping Maw (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Swiping Tail (Calibrated Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Toughened Hide (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Passive Abilities:
Feast - The Polar Gator restores 2 Vitality whenever it drops a hero to 0 Vitality

"Yitervanter'kai!" Enson shouted as he moved to assist Ronin.  "Hit it!" he said, pointing at the gator, "Everything you have!"

If doing so will stabilize him, Enson will use a Plasma Potion on Ronin. If not, he will attempt a Medicine Check.

4 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Yitervanter'kai!" Enson shouted as he moved to assist Ronin.  "Hit it!" he said, pointing at the gator, "Everything you have!"

If doing so will stabilize him, Enson will use a Plasma Potion on Ronin. If not, he will attempt a Medicine Check.

MM Note: Using a Plasma Potion will give Ronin Vitality so he will no longer be Unstable.

OoC:  Sorry I didn't post my action yesterday, I have strep throat and was running a fever and my body was aching.  Thank you for taking over for me in the meantime!

As Ronin fell and was thrashed around like a ragdoll, the noise of crunching bones and metal was very audible.  Thanks to Enson's Plasma Potion, he is able to pick himself up and defend his friends.

FRa4548.jpeg
"Not today demon!"

He thrusts his sword at the Large Polar Gator.

I guess I could try knock it in it's back... 

Attack with Whirlwind Boomerang 

OoC:

I guess this is some sort of engineering check /attack.

Decker feels the magic mending his wounds, and looks at his arm in awe. "...Geez, Enson, this is some..." He cuts himself off. "I'll marvel later. Ronin, I'll take point."

Decker defends Ronin.

51576235215_d6cb6ae194_c.jpg

Enson revives Ronin as the Polar Gator begins to drag him into the icy water. Ronin and Aysu manage to strike through the creatures scaly hide as it tries to drown the hunter.

Round 3
Enson uses Plasma Potion on Ronin - (1,+2) = 3 Vitality Restored
Decker moves to A2
Decker Defends Ronin - +1 Dice to Ronin's next Defensive Combat Check
Ronin vs. Polar Gator - (6,1,+2) 3 Successes vs. (6,5,1) 2 Successes = 1 Damage
Aysu vs. Polar Gator - (1,3,1,2,2,3,+2) 2 Successes vs. (3,4,3) 1 Successes = 1 Damage
Polaris vs. Polar Gator - (1,+1) 1 Success vs. (1,5,5) 2 Successes = 0 Damage

Polar Gator Athletics Proficiency vs. Ronin Athletics Proficiency - (5,1,2,4,4) 3 Successes vs. (3,3,4,3) 1 Success = Ronin dragged into Icy Water (1 Elemental Damage)
Polar Gator moves

Party

Spirit: 1/2
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 2x

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
Vitality: 2/5
Inventory:

24 year old male Human
Vitality: 4/6
Inventory:

Enemy

Vitality: 10/15
Passive Abilities: