Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #5: Slay Ride

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess I am not seeing the point to this, if nothing is moving and we can not tell ware the other players are located. Why are we not just going one at a time? This doesn't seem like one of your typical puzzles Water Brick Down.

Since I am not getting it I will just put my path here in the spoiler section. I go south four times (I should be on the big iceberg in the middle). I stay on it moving three "places" west then turning south moving three "places". Turn again to the west and go four "spots" and I should be at the exit.

Edit - Is that to simple of a solution? Do I need to at least make twenty moves to get it right? 

OoC: I think you misunderstand. As far as I can tell, the party all moves together, but can't move from one part of a floe to another.

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Should I go first since MILES and me are the heaviest? Then when we are near the other side someone else can start. 

Ok Sigrun, you are spouse to be the expert here you got any advice for this ice. 

Polaris starts to check the ice for any instability and how thick it might be. 

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess I am not seeing the point to this, if nothing is moving and we can not tell ware the other players are located. Why are we not just going one at a time? This doesn't seem like one of your typical puzzles Water Brick Down.

Since I am not getting it I will just put my path here in the spoiler section. I go south four times (I should be on the big iceberg in the middle). I stay on it moving three "places" west then turning south moving three "places". Turn again to the west and go four "spots" and I should be at the exit.

Edit - Is that to simple of a solution? Do I need to at least make twenty moves to get it right? 

Polaris Survival Proficiency Check (DC 3) - (6,3,5)

Polaris is unsure how much weight the ice would hold before becoming unstable.

51431956996_e570848a26_t.jpg
"We'll want to stick together, but not too close so as not to put too much weight on a single ice floe. I also wouldn't recommend sending only one person at a time. Whatever broke up that ice probably ain't something you want to run into on your own."

MM Note: See below for an example that hopefully clears things up.

19 minutes ago, Duvors said:

OoC: I think you misunderstand. As far as I can tell, the party all moves together, but can't move from one part of a floe to another.

MM Note: Duvors is right, for purposes of the solution the party moves "together", the "weight limit" is for narrative purposes of why you can't just move from one part of a floe to another. Below is an example of an allowable movement (green) and a non-allowable movement (red). Let me know if that clears things up.

51547440420_0b01d0fbcb_c.jpg

MM Note: Just as a heads up, my intention is to wait till tomorrow evening for puzzle submissions. However, if you have no interest in solving it, please shoot me a PM as well.

"A miracle, huh," Decker says, slapping his knee and standing up to survey the field. "Well, if we do... Nah, that would be no good. Oh, maybe that?"

(Solution sent!)

MILES prepare for hovering mode. 

/// Checking power supply. Scanning water for potential hostile creatures. 

If their is anything out here breaking the ice, I will have MILES beat it up. Most likely it hasn't been as cold as you think, probably climate change problems. 

OoC:

I sent in the twenty move solution.

19 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

MILES prepare for hovering mode. 

/// Checking power supply. Scanning water for potential hostile creatures. 

If their is anything out here breaking the ice, I will have MILES beat it up. Most likely it hasn't been as cold as you think, probably climate change problems. 

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

I sent in the twenty move solution.

Polaris Perception Proficiency Check (DC 3,5) - (6,1,5) 2 Successes

As Polaris watches across the frozen lake, the reflection of the sun upon the ice plays with her vision. Perhaps a shadow here, a bit of movement there, but she can't be sure of anything.

7 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"I wonder what beastie could do this " Aysu attempted to perceive any signs.

Aysu Perception Proficiency Check (DC 3,5) - (5,4,5) 3 Successes
Aysu Nature Proficiency Check (DC 3) - (5,4,3,6) 3 Successes

Aysu shields her eyes from the blinding reflection and for a brief moment catches a glimpse of albino scaly appendages briefly surfacing and then diving back under the water. Given Mervin's descriptions from Vindkoss, she's fairly certain she spotted a giant polar gator.

"Uh, we got a 'gator in there. A giant polar gator..." Aysu looked to Sigrun. "So yeah, we would be better off all together for that!" 

34 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Uh, we got a 'gator in there. A giant polar gator..." Aysu looked to Sigrun. "So yeah, we would be better off all together for that!" 

"Well I'd rather not like to fight that in the water.  Do you think there is anything we can do to lure it onto the land?"

2 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Well I'd rather not like to fight that in the water.  Do you think there is anything we can do to lure it onto the land?"

If I didn't eat the Frost Hawk meat earlier, I would suggest using that. How about splashing the water, trying to make it seem like we are an injured creature. 

Ronin begins to analyze the ice, thinking about the path forward without falling into the ice with the unknown predator below.

FRa4548.jpeg
"A giant polar gator?  Perhaps it is best we lure this creature out like Ensonvilterayquis and Polaris are suggesting.  This predator is stalking us.  I predict it will attack shortly after crossing the ice.  I believe it is best to deal with it now."

Ronin gazes at the ripples stirred by the beast before it calms.

25 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

If I didn't eat the Frost Hawk meat earlier, I would suggest using that. How about splashing the water, trying to make it seem like we are an injured creature. 

"Well, I cannot think of anything else.  I think you should all stand back though, it seems this is a rather large specimen if I am hearing Aysu correctly."

Enson will head to the edge of the water and splash about with his hammer.

(I'm allowed to boost my proficiencies mid-mission, right? I'd like to bump my Melee Weapons proficiency from 1 to 2, before we get gator'ed.)

Decker peered over the water edge, wondering just what was about to jump out. "You guys think that loud noises would reel it in or spook it away? Either would be fine, actually, right?"

3 minutes ago, Endgame said:

(I'm allowed to boost my proficiencies mid-mission, right? I'd like to bump my Melee Weapons proficiency from 1 to 2, before we get gator'ed.)

(OoC: No. Only off-mission. Also, @Waterbrick Down, the rules specifically state that 'battle formation is set by the party leader prior to combat'. I haven't been bringing it up so far as we've been repeatedly surprised, but since we're setting this fight up ourselves I'd like to take advantage of it.)

6 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

FRa4548.jpeg
"A giant polar gator?  Perhaps it is best we lure this creature out like Ensonvilterayquis and Polaris are suggesting.  This predator is stalking us.  I predict it will attack shortly after crossing the ice.  I believe it is best to deal with it now."

5 hours ago, Endgame said:

Decker peered over the water edge, wondering just what was about to jump out. "You guys think that loud noises would reel it in or spook it away? Either would be fine, actually, right?"

If it is like most other gators, it would prefer to ambush it's meal. So most likely it will not chase us very far. 

6 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Well, I cannot think of anything else.  I think you should all stand back though, it seems this is a rather large specimen if I am hearing Aysu correctly."

Remember you are trying to make it think you are hurt, or the very least act like you are not paying attention. And be ready to dodge I don't want to patch up teeth hole in you or anyone else. 

Takes a position farther back from the lake shore. Trying to make a little snow hill to hide behind. And readies her Whirlwind Boomerang for a quick attack against the "Gator". 

6 hours ago, Duvors said:

Enson Performance Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (1,3,4) 1 Success

As the party finishes crossing over the lake with skill and dexterity, Enson emphatically disturbs the surface of the water and watches as ice floes shift out of the way as a large submerged object makes for the land.

5 hours ago, Duvors said:

(OoC: No. Only off-mission. Also, @Waterbrick Down, the rules specifically state that 'battle formation is set by the party leader prior to combat'. I haven't been bringing it up so far as we've been repeatedly surprised, but since we're setting this fight up ourselves I'd like to take advantage of it.)

MM Note: Right you are, below is the battle map. The enemy is coming from the water of course, feel free to let me know where everyone will start out.

51552555808_09a461c13b_c.jpg

9 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Takes a position farther back from the lake shore. Trying to make a little snow hill to hide behind. And readies her Whirlwind Boomerang for a quick attack against the "Gator". 

MM Note: This is a good strategy. If anyone else wants to try some sort of setup before the creature arrives now is the time to say so. I'll run all the actions as part of Round 0.

Decker realizes that standing with your head over the shoreline is likely a poor idea and retreats a few steps back. Figuring the beast could perhaps be flanked, he intends to retreat to A3, knowing that he would be fast enough to cross the snow and attack if the Gator tried crawling out through the inlet of water.

Edited by Endgame

11 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

I put this up before the battle map went up. I was aiming for one area but it looks like it is taken. Right now I am thinking of being placed at d1 or e1. Part of the strategy is ware Ensonvilterayquis (phone put up as an auto fill in 

:look:) will be positioned.

Polaris Stealth Proficiency vs. Polar Gator Perception Proficiency - (3,2,2) 0 Successes vs. (4,2,5,1,2) 2 Successes

The icebergs continue to be beaten aside as the scaled leathery back of the polar gator comes rushing forward toward Enson. The creature's head surfaces and with a toothy snap lunges at the Party. Polaris attempts to get the jump on it, but the natural senses of the predator detect the Chimeran's presence immediately.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

51554801703_63b08f4e5e_c.jpg

Round 0
Enson Initiative Check: (6,4) 2 Successes
Decker Initiative Check: (5) 1 Success
Polaris Initiative Check: (2,2) 0 Successes
Aysu Initiative Check: (2,3,2) 0 Successes
Ronin Initiative Check: (2,2,3) 0 Successes

Polaris Stealth Proficiency vs. Polar Gator Perception Proficiency - (3,2,2) 0 Successes vs. (4,2,5,1,2) 2 Successes

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 3/16
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 2, Melee Weapons 1, Religion 2, Survival 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font
Credits: 20
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 3x

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle)
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  3/16
Vitality:  6/8
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  2
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  1/1
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Elemental Evocation, 
Credits:  
Equipment: Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon),
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2)

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 2/15
Vitality: 6/6
Strength: 2
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 75
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Character Points: 3/13
Vitality: 5/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 0/0
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Stealth 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame)
24 year old male Human
Character Points: 3/13
Vitality: 6/6
Strength: 3
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Credits: 10
Equipment: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory:

Enemy

51554753748_38705134a4_t.jpg Polar Gator *Large*
Vitality: 15/15
Velocity: 2
Strength: 4
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 4, Short Range Weapons 4, Athletics 2, Perception 2
Equipment: None
Innate: Gripping Maw (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Swiping Tail (Calibrated Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Toughened Hide (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Passive Abilities:
Feast - The Polar Gator restores 2 Vitality whenever it drops a hero to 0 Vitality
Aquatic - The Polar Gator can move through water squares unimpeded

Ronin readies his katana as the beast emerges from the icy lake.

FRa4548.jpeg
"Ensonvilterayquis, Polaris, gather to me!  We should not engage this beast so close to the water!"

Ronin stays put and holds his ground.

Enson, recalling an oft-repeated detail from every documentary about crocodilians, attempts to wedge his hammer into the Gator's jaws before moving to C1.

This might be the second biggest thing I had to beat up recently. Of course the "centipede thing" was trying to mind control us and we had to deal with one of it's victims as it was trying to beat us up too. Fortunately the "centipede thing" was stuck in some big test tube. 

Moves to c2 and attacks with the Whirlwind Boomerang