JLiu15

[WIP] Lifted Truck with 3 steering modes

10 hours ago, arieben said:

It looks awesome with the old technic panels, tbh. Looking  forward to seeing this finished, great job so far.

Thanks! I like combining new and old panels sometimes...makes my model more unique.

9 hours ago, Jundis said:

Really nice! Maybe the new black wheel arches from the upcoming Batman car could be used here?

Thanks!

This is just a side project I started when waiting for parts for a bigger project, and I generally stick to the pieces I have for side projects. I also avoid spending too much time on side projects, and waiting for enough black wheel arches to be in circulation on BL at a reasonable price would probably take a while. I originally wanted to use the red ones from the Ferrari, but they're still super expensive and I didn't feel it's worth spending so much on something that's ultimately just a side project.

Edited by JLiu15

1 hour ago, suffocation said:

I knew I could expect some great updates but this one blew me away. Keep up the amazing work :wub:

Thank you :classic:

UPDATE 11/24/21

I'm currently using Stud.io to design the rest of the bodywork so there's less trial and error when it comes to building it IRL. However, I've made enough progress on it that I now plan to design the entire model in Stud.io and publish instructions for it. So far it's going pretty well - there's some parts of the design I feel could be better, but overall I like it and it gives me a good idea of how the finished model will look.

However, Stud.io currently does not have any Robot Inventor/SPIKE Prime elements to my knowledge, so I may have to use custom-designed parts for now. If any of you have experience using custom-designed parts, especially electronic elements, please let me know. And since the model uses Mindstorms Robot Inventor, I will probably publish programming instructions for the control profile - either in a video on my channel or included in the instructions PDF.

Photos:

FBbjZSG.png

aSZ3vC6.png

UPDATE 11/25/21

Made some more progress on my digital build. The cab and rear bed are pretty much good to go now, and I've also built most of the cab on the physical model. I didn't take any photos of the physical model, as I still need to build the rear bed and it currently looks weird without it. However, based on how the model looks so far in Stud.io, I think it'll look better once it's finished. Overall, I believe the bed will be much easier to build than the cab, as it's mostly just flat panels and liftarms.

@gyenesvi I'll check out the Stud.io parts you linked, thank you!

Let me know what you think, and happy Thanksgiving!

Photos:

Z5pNB8k.png

bWVms3c.png

Edited by JLiu15

Hi @JLiu15, apologies for reopening such an old thread but I wanted to ask you how the steering finally turned out with the M angular motor. Has it proven powerful enough for a large model like yours?

Cool truck btw, it's a pity you never posted the finished build.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:39 AM, Divitis said:

Hi @JLiu15, apologies for reopening such an old thread but I wanted to ask you how the steering finally turned out with the M angular motor. Has it proven powerful enough for a large model like yours?

Yes, the M angular motor did work well for steering.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:39 AM, Divitis said:

Cool truck btw, it's a pity you never posted the finished build.

The finished build is in the MOC topic: