Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Pirates Mafia IV - Day Two

Now that I'm convinced that you're not a traitor, I thought I'd share my evaluation of the players:

tOtfiPx.jpg
Spencer "Cutlass" Milford - Played By KotZ

Not too active, but great reasoning in his posts. Leaning town.

O33lLqn.jpg
Douglas "No Hook" Wembley - Played by Darkdragon

A bit more active today but afraid to start debates and not adding any real value to discussions. Possible scum.

AhT2R6v.jpg
Kieran "Two Guns" Newport - Played by Tariq j

While he doesn't really have his own opinions, I think scum may be less active in discussions. Possible town or scum.

44c79HB.jpg
Vivian "Viv" Pierce - Played by Kaanere

Not so involved in discussions made good points in the discussion. Leaning town.

mRFhWdL.jpg
Isaac "Dragon" Wallace - Played by Jack Sassy

One of the more active players and made some excellent points in discussion. Leaning town.

WAC4TAY.jpg
Murphy "Bad-Eye" Blake - Played by Duvors

I noticed that he moved his self-vote to Douglas yesterday but I still don't think scum would ever attempt to kill themselves. Leaning town.

This was from a conversation with @Rumble Strike.

5 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Wow, scum teammates are really chomping at the bit to attack and start a bandwagon me. :pir-thumb:

:hmpf:

Who are scum teammates?

I be thinkin he means us, Mr Nelson.  The two who were at each others throats on Day One.  Could be seen as a Scum tactic, but given there are 2 Scum at most on a crew this size, I think it unlikely that both Scum would try to lead the day's discussion and get so much attention on the first day.  And you all know my philosophy - talkin be good, silence be bad.  Pick holes in my views of the crew, the votes I cast, my opinion on lynching day one, I not be mindin that if it leads to more talkin.  I still feel the crew is very quiet, would like to see more discussion, but I be bangin that particular drum all voyage.

A couple of thoughts so far:

I have mixed thoughts about Vivian. She's posted twice this whole game and one of those posts has amounted to "I don't really have anything to add - sorry!" and then call out another inactive player. 

Mr Wembley seems to say a lot without saying anything at all. 

I agree Mr Newport, Miss Pierce really is flyin under the radar (arrr, what be a radar?) and her contribution over these two days doesn't amount to much in terms of rootin out scum.  However when she came in to do her solitary day one post, she didn't vote for a bandwagon in progress.  Now I take that to mean that she is unlikely to be scum, unless of course she and Mr Nelson are both scum and she didn't want to seal the deal on a scum buddy.  Not too far-fetched, but unlikely, I'd say.  This is where lynchin Mr Nelson yesterday could have told us somethin, whatever his alignment it would have been a way to examine the votes on him. 

If we are also lookin at the votin yesterday (and that's really all we have to go on) then Mr Blake takin his vote off of Mr Nelson could be read into if they are the scum team.  Again, unlikely - I really don't see Scum then self-votin, as Mr Nelson has pointed out - but he did stop a majority on Mr Nelson at the time.

Are ye goin to vote one of your suspects Mr Newport?

22 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

It is a laughing matter because a last minute bandwagon on my is very telling.

Voting isn't a joke, or is it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

18 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Then, you vote me claiming i've been quiet yet I spoke multiple times today.  

But when I asked you questions, you left them unanswered...

@Kaanere Miss Pierce, anything else you'd like to share with the rest of the crew? It'd be great to hear from you more...

19 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

You are really working for the town, I can definitively tell. Great job! So helpful. :pir-murder:

:sarcasm_hmpf: obviously doesn't help.

4 hours ago, Rumble Strike said:

Are ye goin to vote one of your suspects Mr Newport?

I'd actually like to hear more from both of them. Especially Vivian. I'm not hugely convinced that Vivian not hammering the bandwagon means she is unlikely to be scum. Her and Mr Nelson being on a scum team could make a lot of sense. 

Mr Wembley says a lot without saying anything. And I've seen that sort of thing from both scum and town players in the past so I honestly don't know what to think of him. 

Unvote: Douglas Wembley (Darkdragon)

I'm going to Vote: Vivian Pierce (Kaanere) due to her inactivity.

12 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I'm not hugely convinced that Vivian not hammering the bandwagon means she is unlikely to be scum. Her and Mr Nelson being on a scum team could make a lot of sense. 

That certainly isn't the case here.

23 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Good to see everyone in good shape, even you, Nellie.

What is the definition of "even"?

1 minute ago, JintaiZ said:

What is the definition of "even"?

Me suspicion against you, I be feeling a desperation and paranoia growing on me.

Nice t' see Mr. Newport getting 'imself more involved th' moment I vote fer 'I'm fer not involvin' 'imself.

T' be honest, I'm slightly annoyed at Douglas Wembley. All day they bin nothin' but vicious an' unhelpful an' sarcastic a'cause a being voted fer yesterday. I'd dropped me suspicions o' them cause o' them bein' more active today, but if they ain't willin' t' be 'elpful then I'm goin' t' go back t' thinkin' o' them as possible traitors.

Perhaps Pierce is town and thought I was innocent, though it is unlikely. Or he's scum and got the wrong impression of me, which I think is more likely and is also the reason I voted for him.

But I still haven't gotten a response from Wembley, which leads to:

Unvote: Vivian Pierce (Kaanere)

Vote: Douglas Wembley (Darkdragon) @Darkdragon

Unlike some of you, there are those of us that have actual jobs and can't talk all day long. Some people can probably only check in once or twice a day, that doesn't make them loyal or traitor, it's just a fact of life.  Voting people just for not posting is not only lazy but counterproductive and a common scum tactic.  I can't believe a whole night went by with no new info in addition to no deaths, there's not much to go on here other than all this bad behavior I'm seeing.  I am not going to get into a fight over how I read you, Noah.  I really see nothing to respond to but you sure do like filling up my notifications, my goodness. 

I have just as much solid info as everyone else that isn't scum, that is to say nothing other than my own reads which are not based on 'activity level' but on actual observed behavior.

26 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I have just as much solid info as everyone else that isn't scum, that is to say nothing other than my own reads which are not based on 'activity level' but on actual observed behavior.

Great, let us know your observations so far, it would be useful. 

Unlike some of you, there are those of us that have actual jobs and can't talk all day long. Some people can probably only check in once or twice a day, that doesn't make them loyal or traitor, it's just a fact of life.  Voting people just for not posting is not only lazy but counterproductive and a common scum tactic.  I can't believe a whole night went by with no new info in addition to no deaths, there's not much to go on here other than all this bad behavior I'm seeing.  I am not going to get into a fight over how I read you, Noah.  I really see nothing to respond to but you sure do like filling up my notifications, my goodness. 

I'm not saying that not posting too much automatically means someone is scum, but what I see is that you're not adding any real value to discussions. Instead, you chose to fight back with sarcasm.

8 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I have mixed thoughts about Vivian. She's posted twice this whole game and one of those posts has amounted to "I don't really have anything to add - sorry!" and then call out another inactive player. 

Mr Wembley seems to say a lot without saying anything at all. 

I would like to hear more about your analysis.

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

That's fair, but adopting a tone that clearly indicates that you take being voted for in the funny forum pirate game as a personal attack is an excessive response. This is just a game, any any actions taken here are, or at least should be, void of any personal hostility.

Now to return to character: I be pretty sure t' consensus tis that th' lack o' kills be a'cause o' someone gettin' blocked in th' night.

13 minutes ago, Duvors said:

I be pretty sure t' consensus tis that th' lack o' kills be a'cause o' someone gettin' blocked in th' night.

I would love to be on the lookout tonight, but promised to have a date with me rum bottle.

Vote Count:
Douglas Wembley (Darkdragon) - 2 (Rumble Strike, JintaiZ)
Noah Nelson (JintaiZ) - 1 (Darkdragon)
Kieran Newport (Tariq j) - 1 (Duvors)

About 24 hours remain in this day. With 8 players, it takes 5 to lynch.

Some people can probably only check in once or twice a day, that doesn't make them loyal or traitor,

So, Douglas himself claimed that he may not be loyal?

7 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

So, Douglas himself claimed that he may not be loyal?

No, Mr Nelson, you have misunderstood here.  What Douglas means is that if someone isn't very active they can be either loyal or traitor.  Inactivity in itself is not an indicator. This is absolutely true.  He wasn't speaking about his alignment. 

I am glad some others such as Mr Newport and Mr Blake see Mr Wembley's responses as being a bit over the top, currently he is my choice for a lynch not just for my initial vote reasons but his reaction afterwards seemed particularly unhelpful.  We have what, 16 hours or so to secure a lynch? With not losing a crew member overnight maybe that gives us a bit more grace - the usual arguments against a day one lynch are so we don't risk losin a Townie straightaway along with any Scum kills night one, but clearly we entered day two with the same crew complement as day one.  This does buy us some more time but this voyage would feel a bit rudderless if we don't lynch for two days straight. 

16 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

I would like to hear more about your analysis.

The way I see it is this, Mr Wembley is correct about inactivity - we can't judge a person whether they are town or scum based on it as RL comes first. However, everytime he has been online and posted it's been fluff. Nothing really of substance or useful. Even in his reponse to you, there's no analysis or helpful points, just defensiveness. 

For Vivian I've explained in my other post why I'm suspicous of her. You mention in your analysis that you think she's made some good points in the discussion but I'm interested to know what they are. 

3 hours ago, Rumble Strike said:

Inactivity in itself is not an indicator

:thumbup:

To me, it just feels like Wembley is being active and quiet at the same time. Active because he did post quite a few times, and quiet because I never got a proper response from him.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

For Vivian I've explained in my other post why I'm suspicous of her. You mention in your analysis that you think she's made some good points in the discussion but I'm interested to know what they are. 

I was using "good points" as a general rule meaning that she at least did add some interesting points to the discussions on Day 1. Currently I'm leaning scum on her because:

• "Nothin' to report here" isn't really a proper response, it just looks like she's tryin' to avoid discussions.
  • She still only posted twice in the whole game.

I agree, you can only talk once or twice but still come up with somethin useful, she hasn't done that as I said earlier. 

Mr Milford also only posted at the start of the day as well, we need the crew to be more involved in this even if stuff is goin on below decks. Only half of us have voted. It be troublin.

Sign in to follow this