Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

I think Australian Outback subtheme would be a perfect one for us to collect. 

We really need kangaroo and koala. All of us know there are crocodiles and snakes so LEGO doesn’t need to create new molds for crocodiles and snakes. 

But there is the best thing - we need Great Ree Barrier! An underwater set with some colorful coral reef with some colorful fish and some existing shark mold. Sadly, in reality,  some corals are bleached due to climate change.

I'm not trying to be rude. But it does bug me a bit. What's with everyone and animals lately? I get the animals moulds are cool and all, but why the obsession. On my latest Q&A, I have heard nothing but comments about more animals. Nothing else. 

10 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I'm not trying to be rude. But it does bug me a bit. What's with everyone and animals lately? I get the animals moulds are cool and all, but why the obsession. On my latest Q&A, I have heard nothing but comments about more animals. Nothing else. 

Speaking only for myself, animals are the main reason I am still interested in City sets. Modular buildings brought me out of the dark age and scratch my itch for "City sets", so if not for the animals I would probably buy only 1 "City set" a year. With all the animals they have included in City sets especially the two last years I assume "people like me" become more interested in City sets and more involved in the discussion around them, however I understand this can become monotonous for other City fans that are more interested in other aspects of City sets :shrug_oh_well:

On 7/24/2022 at 6:28 AM, dilligan said:

If they did do some Australian animals, I'd love to see a platypus and maybe a kookaburra along with all the others mentioned above. 

Why a platypus? They don't do much, you know... unless it's got a hat, of course! :wink:

(I'll see myself out)

27 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Why a platypus? They don't do much, you know... unless it's got a hat, of course! :wink:

(I'll see myself out)

Oh yes! Phineas and Ferb vibes anyone? 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

Oh yes! Phineas and Ferb vibes anyone? 

Agent P is the BEST!

20 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

It's a good question but I guess it's because Lego has in recent years started to make more animals but that there is a great deal still missing and many of us have been waiting years (in my case decades) for more animals to be included. As a kid, there was only a horse, shark, monkey and parrot that I can recall - so I had a very strange Lego zoo as a child!

For me, I have a huge amount of Lego bricks and I can build pretty much anything I like in terms of creating City vehicles and buildings, as the bricks are widely available and, although the variety of bricks is even better these days, there have always been wheel pieces, windows, doors, etc. Therefore, new City sets don't often appeal if they are just a reiteration of another police station/fire engine/cement mixer that we've had time and time again, and therefore those of us that have been collecting for a long time want to see something new that we haven't had before. 

OK, we could potentially create brick build animals but in my opinion they look very out of place next to today's specific moulded parts. There are a lot of fans that moan about not having enough variation of certain licenced figures. For example, fans wanting every version of Batman costume that has ever appeared in print/media. However, most animal fans aren't really asking for anything obscure, just a representation of some very common creatures that have been frustratingly omitted over the years - it really shouldn't have taken so long for Lego to finally produce a sheep mould. Also, Playmobil have been miles ahead of Lego on the animal front for a long, long time and we want Lego to catch up. It is also ridiculous that we have minifigures dressed as certain animals but not the actual animal itself!

For what it's worth, I did also respond to your question in the Q&A Lego Survey thread about what I'd like to see that doesn't relate to animals, which hopefully shows it isn't the only thing that interests me. However, there does need to be sufficient unique or new parts in a set that makes me want to pay for more Lego to add to my City collection and including new animals is far more appealing than something like a bunch of thieves dressed as ice creams?!

Edited by lifeinplastic

Snagged the farm and the farm van today (thanks to a decent sale price), they are great sets with lots of neat parts. Loving all the new animals, especially the sheep with the removable fleece.

46 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Snagged the farm and the farm van today (thanks to a decent sale price), they are great sets with lots of neat parts. Loving all the new animals, especially the sheep with the removable fleece.

That's awesome, man!

Got last year's 60307 Wildlife Rescue Camp finally. I've been on the fence for a long time, because it's quite expensive and the builds are not attractive at all, but I sure didn't want to miss the elephant mould. Who knows, maybe we won't see it again for another 5 years.

Oh and by the way, I can't remember the last medium/bigger set I bought that was only 55% full...

On 7/25/2022 at 3:57 AM, Poodabricks said:

What else would you like in City to see?

I sure think that construction (not demolition !!!), road repair or mining sets are frequently missing. Or container trucks. Jobs that are needed and which kids can see everyday with their own eyes...

Another problem is that interesting sets disappear after a very short time. It'd be better, if at least one basic set of each specific subtheme (harbour, airport, farm ...) would remain for a longer production cycle (like Lego is doing currently with trains), so that kids could expand really their cities faster. 

1 hour ago, brimbolet said:

Another problem is that interesting sets disappear after a very short time. It'd be better, if at least one basic set of each specific subtheme (harbour, airport, farm ...) would remain for a longer production cycle (like Lego is doing currently with trains), so that kids could expand really their cities faster. 

I agree! I remember the Garage/Towing subtheme from 2009. That thing basically came and went - disappearing after a brief time in 2010. I don't speak for anyone else, but I personally chalk it up to sales being slim as that was around the time when Lego kinda became desperate to where they started throwing out police sets every year. At that time, they could only afford to do what sold. So if it didn't sell, it wasn't going to stay very long. 

According to the Toy Association, new products for the Q4 2023 will be introduced for 22 days from Sept. 20.
Perhaps at this time, there will be a description of Lego products, including Lego City products, which are scheduled to be released in 2023.

1 minute ago, LCP said:

According to the Toy Association, new products for the Q4 2023 will be introduced for 22 days from Sept. 20.
Perhaps at this time, there will be a description of Lego products, including Lego City products, which are scheduled to be released in 2023.

Does that mean before or after Sept. 20th?

Edited by Poodabricks

10 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Does that mean before or after Sept. 20th?

Maybe.
Products released in January this year were also roughly known for their descriptions in September 2021.

55 minutes ago, LCP said:

Maybe.
Products released in January this year were also roughly known for their descriptions in September 2021.

Ah okay! So we just have to wait until September.

Recently built the 2021 Car Transporter truck.

Quite impressed with the size (top deck is 8x32 which is quite big) and how it easily fits  6+ wide cars.

The car included fits well with the other muscle car from 2022 police/fire chase.

While City does make a lot of transport trucks, they do vary a lot in purpose, some of them just might be a bit too specialized for just the cargo they get with their one set, others have more generic flatbeds which is nice.

Edited by TeriXeri

On another note. I know the character is named "The Lone Wolf Biker" but I think City may have indirectly revived Biker Bob through the Touring Stunt Bike. 

2584-1.jpg

36bf652ac6b4601d08407fec7f8ebcce7078a94d

Edited by Poodabricks

Ok tomorrow is August 1.  Did we know more aout advent calendar other than that white foal?

Mmmm…

No leaked information bout winter wave 2023. Last year, we learned about the winter wave 2022 by around 4 July 2021. 

Let’s crossed for more animals!! 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Mmmm…

No leaked information bout winter wave 2023. Last year, we learned about the winter wave 2022 by around 4 July 2021. 

Let’s crossed for more animals!! 

My fingers are crossed for a better petrol station.  

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

To me the best City advent calendar ever, 3 animals with the foal on top :wub: In addition that bellhop (?) minifig looks really useful for the last modular:sweet:

It’s sweet. The bellhop is a great figure but the foal is the star