Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

@TeriXeri @danth I don't mean to complain, but it seems like there has been too much repetition when it comes to City's great vehicles. During the recent years, it seems like we get the following; a hauler, an aircraft, some 4+ heavy machinery, a motorsport vehicle and some type of out of the city vehicle. That's kinda getting old. I wish they'd change it up. Give us something we haven't seen in ages such as a fuel tank truck or an bank truck or a mail van.

Edited by Poodabricks

25 minutes ago, danth said:

Those sets are absolutely gorgeous compared to the new set. And they don't have that atrocious bile yellow color.

I agree in terms of build and parts, the last 3 transport trucks (Boat / Airplane / Medic Heli) were significantly worse/simplified with 50-100 less parts.

The 2020 Police Heli Truck wasn't bad but came with this bad non-working helicopter spinner driving up price.

2019 Harvest Transport also had significantly more size/parts for the same price as what we get now.

16 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

@TeriXeri @danth I don't mean to complain, but it seems like there has been too much repetition when it comes to City's great vehicles. During the recent years, it seems like we get the following; a hauler, an aircraft, some 4+ heavy machinery, a motorsport vehicle and some type of out of the city vehicle. That's kinda getting old. I wish they'd change it up. Give us something we haven't seen in ages such as a fuel tank truck or an bank truck or a mail van.

I'd love to see more smaller construction vehicles that aren't 4+ for sure, the last €10 loader was nice, and I use the figs from 2018 Mining Team as general construction figs.

A fuel Truck would make a lot of sense as well, with both rocket launch sets are still using the classic red/green/white Octan.

A new Bank truck would be nice for sure. 2018 had a Bank truck in a Heist set, and in the expensive Cargo Train set, but a bank truck as a standalone, or a small set would be nice to see again.

Mail is also relevant, especially Packages for sure, adding some letters is only a few parts with existing prints.

Edited by TeriXeri

I love it!
Visual vomit yellow is what I'll call it from now on. 

Does anyone have the City school AND the Friends school? I'd love to see a comparison of two. I just missed out on the Friends school for 50-55% off. (I could have gotten it for 35% off but I'm cheap. :pir-huzzah1: 

Was looking at police station instruction and the gatehouse gives me throwback to this little set from 25 year ago because of the colors and position of the lights above a window.

2881-1.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, danth said:

And they don't have that atrocious bile yellow color.

(P.S. I don't care if that yellow is close to a color on real emergency vehicles. It's visual vomit.)

I am actually very surprised that you dislike the new Neon Yellow colour, considering how vibrant/garish (depending on your perspective) many Space themes' colour-schemes have been. I personally think that it would make a nice trim colour for M;Tron, matching the brightness of the Trans-Neon Green canopies. 

4 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I don't disagree, but we've had a few fun City vehicles on the side as well - like the street sweeper, ice cream truck, tractor, tuning work shop and so on. This year we are getting the school and picnic in the park, so it seems every year we get 1 to 3 'non typical' set that's like a bone to a dog for kids and adults that want to build a semi-realistic city. Most are repetitive so I'll grant you that.

A regular simple 1 ton cube van with different sticks (moving, produce, whatever), or produce truck (with wooden crate back full of farm fresh veggies) would be good too, as would a tour bus or city works vehicle. A road-rail maintenance pickup would be kind of cool too.

40 minutes ago, Some Guy With LEGO said:

I don't disagree, but we've had a few fun City vehicles on the side as well - like the street sweeper, ice cream truck, tractor, tuning work shop and so on. This year we are getting the school and picnic in the park, so it seems every year we get 1 to 3 'non typical' set that's like a bone to a dog for kids and adults that want to build a semi-realistic city. Most are repetitive so I'll grant you that.

A regular simple 1 ton cube van with different sticks (moving, produce, whatever), or produce truck (with wooden crate back full of farm fresh veggies) would be good too, as would a tour bus or city works vehicle. A road-rail maintenance pickup would be kind of cool too.

Yeah! I agree. I'd definitely do the produce van. How about something that we have NEVER seen in the City theme before. A water canteen truck! That would be in shut up and take my darn money territory. I'd also go for a juice van. The way the school bus for this year was done opens up an opportunity for a paratransit shuttle bus. 

10 hours ago, fo4saken said:

It's sad that the design of the truck came out simple, but I think it'll look good with the hospital.

Vomit yellow? What the heck? Neon yellow is a nice color for emergency vehicles and other purposes (i cannot think of at this point)… Neon yellow is highly visible than any colors (white is more visible too). 

11 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

But the road plate can be moved, since the beach is 2 seperate 8x16 plates, so you can either keep it as is, make a 8x32 beach or 16x16 beach, or a 24x16 corner shape.

In this situation, new road plate is a lot more versatile compared to baseplate.

Then I won't have any problem decorating the products together.

32 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Vomit yellow? What the heck? Neon yellow is a nice color for emergency vehicles and other purposes (i cannot think of at this point)… Neon yellow is highly visible than any colors (white is more visible too). 

Pale yellow looked great on the vehicles and didn't give my eyes seizures.

Picked up the crane, didn't really expect much from it as cranes at this scale generally are lacking. However I was pleasantly surprised, good parts selection, good looks, fits into City perfectly and is actually fun to build, really impressed with the way they did the outriggers. This is a decent set and I recommend it to anyone looking to add more construction vehicles to their City. Of course many will think it cost too much, unfortunately that seems to be the norm in this day and time. Still I think this is a great set and I will likely buy a second one, when it is on sale.

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am actually very surprised that you dislike the new Neon Yellow colour, considering how vibrant/garish (depending on your perspective) many Space themes' colour-schemes have been. I personally think that it would make a nice trim colour for M;Tron, matching the brightness of the Trans-Neon Green canopies. 

The old space canopies looked like gemstones - rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and amber. I don't really see them as comparable at all to this new color.

But that's just like, my opinion man. 🙂

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Am I wrong though?

https://icolorpalette.com/color/bile#LightDarkshades

😁

Edited by danth

10 minutes ago, williejm said:

As I’ve said before, the colour stuff is massively subjective. To me that is a very different colour from the new neon yellow, and is in fact closer to lime green 🤷🏽‍♂️

Did you scroll down to the lighter shades? Sorry, fixed link to go directly to them.

Anyway, I was only halfway serious, and everyone is free to like this new color and disagree with me.

Oh and here's some more proof. I took a screenshot of the video review of the set someone pasted above. I put it into paint and used the color picker tool to get the color. I saved it as a custom color, then opened the Edit Colors window.

I then took a screenshot of the Bile color webpage and pasted that into the same image.

mw1B9XK.png

It's the same color!

5 hours ago, danth said:

The old space canopies looked like gemstones - rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and amber. I don't really see them as comparable at all to this new color.

I can see that with some themes (Classic Space, SPI/SPII, Blacktron I, Unitron, Spyrius), but the neon canopies of M;Tron and Blacktron II look roughly as bright as the new yellow colour (particularly under a black light): 
q041c7b0oul21.jpg

1 hour ago, danth said:

I then took a screenshot of the Bile color webpage and pasted that into the same image.

*Image* 

It's the same color!

The Bile colour has a distinct greenness to it, and it is not as bright as the new yellow. Medium Lime is a better match for it, IMO: 
115.jpg

It's not the same color. If you won't have pieces in your hands, you won't be convinced. Everything depends on devices cameras, white balance, flash etc. I tried as hard as I could, and this is how it looks in real life with our truck.

ME62KLP_o.JPG

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I can see that with some themes (Classic Space, SPI/SPII, Blacktron I, Unitron, Spyrius), but the neon canopies of M;Tron and Blacktron II look roughly as bright as the new yellow colour (particularly under a black light): 
q041c7b0oul21.jpg

The Bile colour has a distinct greenness to it, and it is not as bright as the new yellow. Medium Lime is a better match for it, IMO: 
115.jpg

How did you do that?

2 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

The space photo.

I just Googled "Blacktron under black light" and embedded one of the first images that came up. 

4 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

The space photo.

Transparent Neon colours glow when placed under a blacklight

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

q041c7b0oul21.jpg

115.jpg

Many people may not know which series of bricks in this picture look like the bottom of a car at the top left. For reference, the brick is on the 4577 product under the Xalax theme, a sub-theme of the Lego Racer series.

4 hours ago, fo4saken said:

It's not the same color. If you won't have pieces in your hands, you won't be convinced. Everything depends on devices cameras, white balance, flash etc. I tried as hard as I could, and this is how it looks in real life with our truck.

ME62KLP_o.JPG

Is that glow in the dark? 

People never had black lights? They were hugely popular in the USA between 1995-2005.

11 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Picked up the crane, didn't really expect much from it as cranes at this scale generally are lacking. However I was pleasantly surprised, good parts selection, good looks, fits into City perfectly and is actually fun to build, really impressed with the way they did the outriggers. This is a decent set and I recommend it to anyone looking to add more construction vehicles to their City. Of course many will think it cost too much, unfortunately that seems to be the norm in this day and time. Still I think this is a great set and I will likely buy a second one, when it is on sale.

City sets are just insanely expensive simply because LEGO knows they can charge almost whatever they want because they are a top selling theme. However I think the crane being $40 is perfectly reasonable. Frankly it's the best priced set of the 2022 City wave.

I would like to point out just how cheap LEGO is. They won't even give you the $5 GWP set because the crane is $39.99 and not $40. Even the dead TRU would give it to you.

Edited by Maple