KimT

2008 Picture thread

I'm wondering... are these old news?

Shuttle Pics (click)

Well, the pics are new to us, I think. Thanks. :thumbup:

In the link for the Repulic shuttle, one can see the interior very well. Not bad, but it could use some modding, me thinks. I like how you can just fold the roof up instead of dropping the whole interior out of the ship like in the ILC.

Yoda looks so cute! :sweet: Very accurate to the one in the show too!

The AAT is the best set for 09 already :cry_happy: But I dont think i'll be able to afford it :sceptic:

The Hyena Bomber I might get though, it depends on your hopefully upcomming review :wink:

I've been reading and listening that there is a lot of people that have the new '09 sets. Well in my personal opinion. We all like to get all kind of pics and we enjoy watching them and analizing them. (This is for all the one that already have '09 sets) Please take few pics so people that doesn´t have them, at least, we can enjoy spending a few minutes looking at them.

Is differente to see a built model than a box. So please start uploading pics. Will appreciate that.

Greeting,

I've been reading and listening that there is a lot of people that have the new '09 sets. Well in my personal opinion. We all like to get all kind of pics and we enjoy watching them and analizing them. (This is for all the one that already have '09 sets) Please take few pics so people that doesn´t have them, at least, we can enjoy spending a few minutes looking at them.

Is differente to see a built model than a box. So please start uploading pics. Will appreciate that.

Greeting,

I think he gets that we want some a review, but if you read further up, there was a camera issue. I think we have pestered him enough, and should get back on topic instead of focusing on what we don't have.

I think he gets that we want some a review, but if you read further up, there was a camera issue. I think we have pestered him enough, and should get back on topic instead of focusing on what we don't have.

Sorry I saw the post after writing mine :sceptic: . Thanks rcpek for the pics of the built AAT and the Hyena Bomber.

I took some pictures of my AAT and Bomber Droid; they're not very good quality and the lighting is poor but it gives a good idea of everything. Let me know if you have any questions. =)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7953534@N06/3114388283/

Those are good pics! Thanks for those they look aewsome.

Can hardly wait to get my hands on those.

If you don't have time for a full reveiw could you give us your opinions on the sets.

Uggh. Droid bomber looks terrible. :oh3:

It dosen't look that bad.

I'm definatley buying it. Although I might mod it to have one head.

I don't know about a full on review but here are a few thoughts on each set:

Droid Bomber

This set is HUGE. For whatever reason I didn't really pay attention to the relative size of the droids on the box and thought it would be roughly the same size as the other vulture droids but I was wrong, it's really, really big. I like how the mechanism for the legs/wings work as they are very pose able. To move them from flying to standing position there's a little clicking bendable piece that allows them to be locked into a number of different positions and for the stabilizer parts of the wings they fold out using the little half circle snap pieces (like this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=6019) that connect from both the stabilizer and to the mechanism that folds the wings down so each part is very pose able.

Overall it is pretty sturdy but the right head can move up and down utilizing the droid arms to move and the bottom of the left head can move as well (it has a little eye thing on it and I think it's supposed to be some sort of targeting mechanism, we'll have to wait until they appear on the clone wars to know for sure), so anyway, both of these parts can move utilizing the droid arm system so you have to get good at knowing where to hold it cause if you grab it by either of those heads then it moves around in your grip (does that make sense?).

The bomb dropping system works really well and you can see in the pictures I posted earlier how it works. You pull back on one of two tabs that's held in place by a rubber band and it will realize one of the sets of two bombs. And Finally the minifigs are really cool as well. I like the color a lot and the look of the jetpack.

For $20 (even at TRU where I got it) it's a great set to add to your CIS Army and it looks very menacing hovering over some tiny minifigs. There was a bunch of stickers to put on though which as always is a hassle.

AAT

This set is REALLY great. The only complaints people had about it when the pictures first came out was that it did not have a hatch in the back and the speeder was pretty cheap. I felt the same way but upon building it and seeing how the speeder locks in place and the back half folds up to make a hatch I really like it. It feels very solid, even on the moving parts and there's a ton of places to pick it up by without feeling like it's going to fall apart.

There are two different hatches, one for the main body and the other for the seat in the cannon. The one on the main body looks down to where the speeder snaps in and is pretty deep at like 5 bricks. The second in the gun is not big at all the droid has bend his head down to fit inside, which is a shame but probably necessary in order to have a cannon that looks to scale.

The main cannon assembly rotates on a big circular gray piece that fits into a square black piece that I have never seen before. It allows the assembly to rotate very smoothly about 45 degrees in each direction where it is stopped by a small stud sticking up. The main cannon also lifts up about 90 degrees. The smaller cannons are both sadly flick fire missiles which looks very goofy when they are taken out but if you just leave them in place it doesn't look too bad and the gray parts sticking out of the back don't look too out of place.

The tank sits on 8 of the little gray inverted satellite dish pieces which allow it to move around very easily and on a hard surface it will spin with only the slightest tap which is very cool in my opinion.

The minifigs are also another great part of this set. You get two regular battle droids to operate the tank, three of the new super battle droids with the cannon arms which are very cool. And a clone trooped and the new clone wars Yoda, which you can see the pictures of in my above post. I am personally a fan of the clone wars figures so I like Yoda a lot and the new chrome, but not chrome, lightsabers are very nice and won't requiring me to switch out a gray one for one of my old chrome ones like I've done on all the other sets with lightsabers.

This set was $50 at TRU which is a little much in my opinion for 403 (I think) pieces it should only be around $40, which it will probably be at most other stores. It also had a few stickers which were a pain but overall the set was amazing and it pretty much a must have for any CIS army.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions or want more specific pictures.

Sir Dano posted a new picture of the Solar Sailer on his Flickr page:

3115457961_826bb9fb81_o.jpg

Dooku seems quite nice, but it's hard to tell exactly what he looks like

Great review rcpeck!

It is pushing me towards buying the Hyena Droid Bomber but I'll wait to see how much money I have after I buy the others. The AAT's been a must-buy since before I saw it! Thanks for the info on the workings of the models as well.

Sir Dano posted a new picture of the Solar Sailer on his Flickr page:

Dooku seems quite nice, but it's hard to tell exactly what he looks like

That doesn't seem to be the best looking angle to put on the front of the box but I like it anyway. The new speeder of Count Dooku's looks much better than the last (it's not blue) and the four minifigs are great. Two magnaguards but with a better ship than the MagnaGuard Fighter (its a good job I didn't buy it). I've wanted a fleshy Count Dooku for ages and it looks like he has a different lightsabre to Ventress. The droid pilot looks simple and the speeder probably fits in the back of the ship.

Thanks a lot for that pic Erdbeereis1!

The new AAT looks awesome, thank you rcpeck for these detailed comments. I'm looking forward to getting it. Finally, the little speeder doesn't seem so bad.

The hyena bomber droid seems also very cool as you described it.

the Solar sailor will be a secial edition as supposed before. It is good to see we will get two magna droids, a fleshie version of Dooku and a pilot droid.

Dooku's speeder looks good, but we need more accurate pictures. Nevertheless, it is a little bit odd that lego presented the sailer in this position for this box art.

Edited by legopiotre

Thanks for the review and pics rcpeck. The figs on the solar sailor don't look too bad but a new Dooku beard would be sweet. The little white pilot droid looks pretty simple too.

Without a sail I kinda feel a bit of a chump...

...but i'll be buying the sail

I just MUST have Dooku, my yellow one is now good among fleshies

...two Magna guards is pretty decent too and a pilot droid clinces the deal

...i may buy the set and sell it keeping the figs....

AAT looks get - so glad there is a rear hatch, that really bothered me for some reason

Looks pretty show accurate too

..unlike the first AAT with its BLUE bricks all on display :sceptic:

I'm wondering... are these old news?

aat_3.jpg

Shuttle Pics (click)

8018_yoda2.jpg

The folder isn't available anymore and the first pic is gone. Could somebody tell me please what could be seen on them. And why does this mean that they will be in S@H soon, as they aren't even in Cache!?

Edited by Commander 501