KimT

2008 Picture thread

thank you very much for these new pics. The AAT seems awesome with the the stickers that have been aded since last pics andmake it looks really better.

I really like both battle packs and their vehicules. I think the clone walker is great and can be easily modified to make it like an AT-RT (it is more scaled than the clone scout walker we had in 2005).

I think we may have a new mold for Yoda. The head seems to be a different type of green, more brighter, but that may be due to the lighting in the picture.

I can hint some various "ridges" around is head. Maybe an attempt to symbolize his hair? That just does not seem like the same Yoda to me.

Has anyone stumbled across more pictures?

I for one am glad to see the new Clone design in the BP has been confirmed. Just another commander to be added to my army, or gunners for my AT-TE and custom Artillery Gun.

Thanks for the new pics Hinckley :thumbup: . From what I see from the new pics is this:

- The AAT now looks such as an awesome set :cry_happy: .

- The battlepacks continue look neat.

- I am very happy to see this new clone get confirmed :cry_happy: .

- The Hyena looks very cool.

- The RAS looks good but not more :hmpf_bad: .

- The Vader TIE looks very cool too :thumbup: .

At the end I think we are getting a decent line up but I would prefer the TLC release a Rebel Medium Transport and not the RAS :sceptic:.

I am not a big fan of the Assassin Droid BP, but everything else looks neat.

Thanks for the pics!

There are two interesting things on the pic from legoworld besides the new clone:

1. Ahsokas lightsaber hilt is neither light bluish gray nor chrome silver, it's metallic silver.

2. The magnadroid has special markings on his cape which are lacking in the current version.

Right you are! Good eyes. Metallic silver is better than bley, but I'd still rather have chrome.

Thanks for the pics, Hinckley. The sets mostly look the same. The Assassin Droid BP looks really good, and the clone walker is neat. The AAT is really good, very sleek. The Vader's TIE is awesome, too. The Hyena Droid, however, looks really lame. The Republic Transport is alright. Hopefully we will see some high-res pics soon! :thumbup:

:cry_happy: They're all so beautiful except!! Except for the Hyene bomber, still don't like it :thumbdown:

All the pictures are great, I actually really like the clone bp, especially that pilot :wub:

Hmm a new a new yoda, doesn't seem to look much like :yoda: Is there anyway someone could get us some close ups of the new Yoda head and I assume the new Mace one

I like the new AAT, it seems to be designed somewhat like the most recent Slave 1, so that is a great thing!

I cant see them for somereason. Can someone please send them to me or but them on bs? My emails mcb626@hotmail.com

Those Lego world pics do seem curious could you suplie us with more? As for the ones from the german site they clear some stuff up.

Im gonna cry. A venator would be nice. Can someone please provide me with pictures. Please. I'm desperate. :cry_sad:

that hyena bomber looks like a fat vulture droid. The droids that come with it look like they're on fire. the phase I CT BP's walker looks like crap, but the figs are nice. I'm gonna bring a truck to my lego store, and load it up. The AAT looks great with yoda, 1 CT, 3 SBD, and maybe 1-2 BD. The droids BP remind me of the lancer droids from the original clone TV series with the battle of muunilist. Especially the black ones. I'm probably gonna buy only one of those. Wow im a tough critic.

Edited by iH Master 13uilder17

Woah, they all look so hot! Both the AAT and the Hyena Droid will be great additions to my CIS army while the Nu-class and the walker will be great for the Republic. I'll probably pass on the other two though unless I need the parts. :thumbup:

The venator rumor has been around for awhile no pics, Yet.

Yes, I know. But so have other ones. Please. Someone send me the pictures. Its not that hard is it?

finally, more pictures. i guess we'll have to wait a bit more for clearer ones.

now for february..

Here's some Penguin's critisizm:

Art4118156.jpg

1) I am really dissapointed with this set. Even being a great Confederacy-lover. Why? First of all, I see no CIS markers on it. And I really wanted those to upgrade my other Confederacy sets. But I still hope to see those stickers.... And one more thing.... How many Asassin droids does one need? 2-3-4 BP? I doubt that more..... And if TLC did a normal droid battle-pack, say, with straight arms, new weapons, SBD, droideka-s that would have been a much better desicion.... In my opinion. :classic:

Art4118145.jpg

2) No words, pure positive emotions. ) I love those. I love it for republican markers, for clones and for that nice walker that looks great itself. I guess it's the first time that i won't deconstruct it and use as it is. ) :thumbup: And i like that we'll be getting pilots! )

Art4118167.jpg

3) Wow! Looks 10 times better than on the preliminary picture! ) Great. Simply great. I like it's unusual "head", its jetpack droids.... And it's CIS color scheme.... I'll get 2 at least of those..... )

Art4118190.jpg

4) :hmpf_bad: Looks like the Republican Circus is coming to some planet..... I hate it. Don't even want to comment much here....

Art4118189.jpg

5) Definitely, my favourite set! :wub: I love the CIS AAT: it's design, it's colors, figures.... Great job, TLC! ) We get a new Yoda? 3 SBD, one CT. ) First I wanted LEGO to make the Trade Federation variant, but now I see that it's great! ) I'm getting 10 of those.... Start saving money right now..... ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

P.S.

If..... I mean IF some TLC official reads that: please, pay attention that Russia hasn't been recieving about a half of new CW sets. And for most fans it's quite problematic to order them from on-line shops. And the number of SW fans there is considerable.... :classic:

WANT, WANT, WANT :wub:.. Oh sorry, I do that quite often since I first saw the pics, they just look great, especially the Clone Walker and the Attack Shuttle.

Yep, I like the design of it and the yellow is fine for me, if it annoys you, you could still remove it or so...

My only problem is to save enough money for all of those..... :cry_sad:

Thanks for the new pics!!! Personelly I really like the Assasain BP :thumbup: Mainly because I really love those droids and especially in black :wub: The clone BP is also sweet :thumbup: It's like a mini ATRT (I think :look: )

I'm a huge fan of Clones, and a CW Clone Trooper Battle Pack was (is still too) top of my list. I'm excited that we get all those nice troopers. But my opinion about the walker: Lego, for the same piece count and a smaller cockpit space, could've given us a good to-scale AT-RT. That would've been four times better than what they give us here. This is an AT-RT with no good guns, detail, front, and with two seats. Dissapointed to say the least.

Assassin droids pack? Wow! Cool! I'm only getting one. Who needs that many assassin droids? Seriously? The sale of them is going to be much less than that of the original droids pack, even though it is neater to look at.

AAT - Awesome Amazing Terrific. This is huge! I'll bet it has an interior with a rear boarding ramp too. That'd be awesome! The turret looks quite nice, and the guns are so much better than the original! Great job lego!

AAT looks good, nice and chunky, new yoda head? Shuttle thing is funny lookin and generally uninspiring, don't care for tie variants that much. Battle Packs look good although an assassin droid battlepack? Seems to defeat the point of them being assassin droids, but good parts and black and silver droids are win anyway. Overall looks good for impulse sets. :classic:

I realy like aat and will definently buy it. I might buy an assasin battle pack, but im not sure. Not a big fan of the bomber, probly spend the rest of my mony on a vader tie fighter and several clone battle packs. It is the best best battle pack made by lego. Although im kinda leaning towards modding one of the seets into a gun, insead of it beig a two seeter.