KimT

2008 Picture thread

Hell yeah, mate! There's a LegoWorld or a Toyfair

It's the LegoWorld a big event in the netherlands. Hope there will be pictures :cry_happy: !

greetings Star-Sam

It's the LegoWorld a big event in the netherlands. Hope there will be pictures :cry_happy: !

greetings Star-Sam

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up, Star-Sam! So it's a LegoWorld! That's a good thing, because this means we will have nothing but Legos! :grin:

EDIT: LMAO! I edited that into the wrong topic! :laugh:

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Wait, we are getting pics soon? :tongue:

I think so, Plutofish08!

But apart from some pics of an exclusive SW set legomilk already mentioned I don't think that we'll see pics about more new sets when there is LegoWorld taking place - only more clearer pics.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I was today at my local retailer of Lego (not from the blokker group) and I might take a peek in the catalogue for shops.

there were dates of releases

Dec2008/Jan2009

City construction, Racers Tiny Turbo's, Racers, Power Miners, Ferrari, Technic

Jan2009

Impulse (2x pirates and city chef with chickenleg), Creative Building, Indiana Jones, creator, Bionicle, Star Wars

March 2009

Duplo legoville Zoo, Duplo creative building, Duplo Bob the Builder, City Special power item, Pirates, Bionicle, City Farm, Racers

6191,6192,6193 basic blocks with a fireman, a pirate or a castle soldier are below 10 euro.

New star wars set I didn't saw on earlier leaks

7751 Ashoka's starfighter, With Ashoka, 2 Buzzdroids, a R3-G6 ? droid (didn't really saw the name), a droid fighter, and a darkred jedistarfighter in the same design as Anakins Jedifighter from this year.

In the Soldierbase from the pirates set, there were some castle panels but a new version. I think 6 high and 5 long. (with stickers :hmpf_bad: )

edit: 5 high changed by 6 high

Edited by Wout

7751 Ashoka's starfighter, With Ashoka, 2 Buzzdroids, a R3-G6 ? droid (didn't really saw the name), a droid fighter, and a darkred jedistarfighter in the same design as Anakins Jedifighter from this year.

In the Soldierbase from the pirates set, there were some castle panels but a new version. I think 5 high and 5 long. (with stickers :hmpf_bad: )

Red Jedi star fighter sounds a bit like Obi-Wan's to me. I hope the Buzz droids have a redesign from ROTS. The other stuff sounds great too but the pirate walls. :sick:

Dec2008/Jan2009

Jan2009

Why are these months' releases separated? Will I not find any Indiana Jones in December, because I did last year!

I can't wait for TLC to release the Republic Shuttle!

Edited by LegoKing

I was today at my local retailer of Lego (not from the blokker group) and I might take a peek in the catalogue for shops.

there were dates of releases

Dec2008/Jan2009

City construction, Racers Tiny Turbo's, Racers, Power Miners, Ferrari, Technic

Jan2009

Impulse (2x pirates and city chef with chickenleg), Creative Building, Indiana Jones, creator, Bionicle, Star Wars

March 2009

Duplo legoville Zoo, Duplo creative building, Duplo Bob the Builder, City Special power item, Pirates, Bionicle, City Farm, Racers

6191,6192,6193 basic blocks with a fireman, a pirate or a castle soldier are below 10 euro.

In the Soldierbase from the pirates set, there were some castle panels but a new version. I think 5 high and 5 long. (with stickers :hmpf_bad: )

Wow, thanks Wout :thumbup: . Well at this moments I think we could just confirm the Ashoka set (There are two confirmations the one in a market website and this of Wout) and maybe this one is the one that will be shown at Legoworld this month :cry_happy: (I end with this conclusion because is the only set (apart from the january wave) that we get twice confirmation). I think this could be a kind of March exclusive (Like the Castle set with the big wheels thing we get this year in this month :sweet: ).

I hope that the droid ship is not another vulture droid. I have enough of them...

I hope that the droid ship is not another vulture droid. I have enough of them...

I think this is going to be a vulture droid :hmpf_bad: , but it is not so bad (We can never have enough vulture droids :tongue: ) and I think this new Clone Wars have a different vulture droid (Painting only, which means a lot of stickers for us :hmpf_bad::laugh: ).

In another note I think the TLC does a good move giving us a new clone in the new battlepack (I don

Edited by darkrebellion

Thank you very much for this information, Wout! :sweet:

Oh no, again a CW set :sadnew: (it's surely the one which then will be shown on this LegoWorld in two weeks)!

I hoped so much for an exclusive OT set in the beginning of 2009. :cry_sad: Now OT fans surely have to wait minimum until August in order to get (despite from that silly (excuse me but :hmpf: ) redesign/rerelease of Darth Vader's TIE) some new OT sets. :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for that info.

I've added it to the info already known on the 7751 Ashoka's Starfighter in the first post of the thread.

Are anyone at BrickCon?

Perhaps we'll see some revealings there like we did with the 10188 DeathStar

Thanks for that info.

I've added it to the info already known on the 7751 Ashoka's Starfighter in the first post of the thread.

Are anyone at BrickCon?

Perhaps we'll see some revealings there like we did with the 10188 DeathStar

What's up with the double post ^^?

I think we will probably see previews of all the new sets at BrickCon. Unfortunately I can't go but I'm sure if no one from EB does FBTB will report it.

Edited by KimT

It is this droid (R3 S6):

503px-R3-S6.jpg

so if its like anakins fighters we get another unique droid!

What's up with the double post ^^?

I think we will probably see previews of all the new sets at BrickCon. Unfortunately I can't go but I'm sure if no one from EB does FBTB will report it.

Yeah that would be great and well a new droid is really welcome :tongue: .

@ the Rancor: I not really know when these things are appear. It can be that the sets appear sooner in the one country and later in an other country. This was just the information given in the shopcatologue.

@ Darth Person: Sorry, looked really like a new Vulture droid (i didn't knew the officially name)

@ Simon Jedi: It could be but on the (tiny) picture I saw a droid with a head like R2D2 but with red patterns (like the droid from the second Y-wing), a blank red body and some new red/white coloured legs, so it looked not much like your pic.

I don't knew who asked about the buzzdroids but they looked much like the droids in the 2005 line (release a new Luminara fig instead of these things, TLC)

@ Dr Brick: You sent me a personal message with the question what the city poweritem was. I'm sorry, I don't know how to send a personal message back, so I hope you read this post.

The city power item is the enourmous construction bulldozer which was already seen in some leaked pics at the end of august. Maybe it can move by itself with a battery or something.

I'm happy that your happy with this information. :classic:

Thanks Wout for the replies :thumbup: . I just want to make you a request: If you return to your local retailer can you take a pic of the set, even if it is small? Please :sweet: .

Nope, Sorry! :cry_sad:

An other shop in the netherlands posted once already pictures on its own webpage some months before the real catalogues and sets appeared. They were not very happy in the lego group. I don't know if he got really problems, but it had some consequenses for that shopowner. So I wrote on a blank page in the shop some things I saw, and I told it here and on the bouwsteen site. That's allowed. :wink:

By the way, I'm very happy when I already read or hear what sort of sets are coming in a half year. When I was a child there was no internet, so you only could look at the sets in your shop and the catalogue once a year in Januari. :classic:

I think it had to do something with all the clonebrands who are happy to lift on the succes of lego. Some already used old pictures from legosets to make a bad copy of it. What if clonebrands make a copy of sets in the same year Tlc release the same sets. :sick:

No problem Wout :wink: , I understand your situation and well we just need to wait a little more but here is another question (Not about pics of course :grin::laugh: ): Which is the color of the starfighter?

Edited by darkrebellion

Wasn't Ashoka's fighter the clone wars y-wing? There was another starfighter that was DK red, Obiwans CW Fighter prehaps?

Thank you very much for this information, Wout! :sweet:

Oh no, again a CW set :sadnew: (it's surely the one which then will be shown on this LegoWorld in two weeks)!

I hoped so much for an exclusive OT set in the beginning of 2009. :cry_sad: Now OT fans surely have to wait minimum until August in order to get (despite from that silly (excuse me but :hmpf: ) redesign/rerelease of Darth Vader's TIE) some new OT sets. :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

Wait so if we get Ahsokas fighter in Jaunary we won't get Vaders anniversery tie that, that wouldn't make sense, we already have confirmed pictures of Vaders tie. It has shown up in shop catalogs. I doubt we will get Ahsokas fighter in the beggining of 09, because those sets are all pretty much locked in right? Ahsokas starfighter...and other starfighter sounds like an awesome set, but yeah we will probobly get that in the summer.

Wait so if we get Ahsokas fighter in Jaunary we won't get Vaders anniversery tie that, that wouldn't make sense, we already have confirmed pictures of Vaders tie. It has shown up in shop catalogs. I doubt we will get Ahsokas fighter in the beggining of 09, because those sets are all pretty much locked in right? Ahsokas starfighter...and other starfighter sounds like an awesome set, but yeah we will probobly get that in the summer.

No we are talking about a possible leak of some set during legoworld or if we are lucky at brickcon :thumbup: . All the other January sets that we have seen in pics are totally confirmed :wink: .