KimT

2008 Picture thread

Well, the rumors say that TLG is doing an Endor Bunker and a Hoth Base, so I would imagine that they learned from their mistake, and actually did two good sets, about $100 each. Besides, why would they re-release the Hoth base (not restock)? Just so it could be along side the Endor set with a door and a few trees? Didn't think so. I think (and very much hope) that TLG will make them both good. Here is what I would like these sets to look like:

Hoth Base:

-Door

- A few Snowspeeders

- Small transports

- Taun-Tauns

- Control Room

- Health room

- Wampa

- Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Sonwtroopers (x3), AT-AT pilot, Leia, Rebel troopers (x3), Rebel commander

Endor Bunker:

- Lots of foliage

- A big tree with a sniping postion

- Bunker

- Speeder Bikes

- AT-ST

-Ewoks (x4), Rebel Troopers (x3), Han Solo, Leia, Chewbacca, Scout troopers (x4), Stormtroopers (x2).

Personally I want the TLC to release something different from the Hoth Base. We have already a Hoth Rebel Base (I know is not that good but is not that bad too :tongue: ) I instead prefer a Hoth Rescue set (Not that big and probably around a $20-$30 price point :wink: ) It could include the Wampa cave, Hoth Luke and Hoth Han, 2 taun tauns and a brick-build wampa :thumbup: . I think we will see a Endor battle set (This and the republic attack cruiser are the only ones that appear in all of the rumors lists) and I think it will have a $80 price point (Just like the AT-TE set of this year) so I hope they give us a complete bunker, an AT-ST, some cool minifigs and an ewok weapon (Catapult or glider or something else :grin: ).

Edited by darkrebellion

actually if they had a really well done Endor bunker at a $100 price point, I think it would be very very popular, I would personally want

A bunker with some what of an interior, a small control room of some sort and an arsenal

A few well designed trees, of a couple different sizes

A bush for the protaginists to hide in

maybe a somewhat smaller at-st design

x3 scout troopers

Han

Luke

Lei

(hoth designs)

Chewy

the one ewok (name escapes me)

I don't want to bash anyone's hopes, but some of the minifig numbers I'm seeing in some of the 'possible new set ideas' are a little...much. :tongue:

I mean, the Republic Attack Gunship was over $100 and only included 5 figs.

Something more reasonable would be the same minifig count as the Hoth "gate", but a little more to the design of the set itself.

As for Endor, I can see it being a fasade with a few fun features on both sides. At most two speeder bikes, a couple main characters and a couple generic soldiers from each side. I really don't think there would be a walker of any kind, at least not in a $100 set.

After all, $100 isn't very much in the grand scheme of things. For a set that includes a decent base, a walker, multiple speeder bikes, Ewoks, main characters, soldiers from both sides, foliage, and multiple accessories, I'd couldn't see it selling for less than at least twice that.

Can you take the Jetix mag picture down? The issue's no longer on sale.

Why? This is picture and rumor thread for discussing the late 2008 sets and the 2009 sets.

We discuss the sets here, that is done the best when looking at pics.

No worries. It wont be in the updated thread coming early 2009, since it's a 2008 release

I don't want to bash anyone's hopes, but some of the minifig numbers I'm seeing in some of the 'possible new set ideas' are a little...much.

I mean, the Republic Attack Gunship was over $100 and only included 5 figs.

Something more reasonable would be the same minifig count as the Hoth "gate", but a little more to the design of the set itself.

As for Endor, I can see it being a fasade with a few fun features on both sides. At most two speeder bikes, a couple main characters and a couple generic soldiers from each side. I really don't think there would be a walker of any kind, at least not in a $100 set.

After all, $100 isn't very much in the grand scheme of things. For a set that includes a decent base, a walker, multiple speeder bikes, Ewoks, main characters, soldiers from both sides, foliage, and multiple accessories, I'd couldn't see it selling for less than at least twice that.

Kliq I can´t agree with you here :classic: . I think the new Republic Attack Gunship have just a few minifigs because all of them are new and expensive (Especially because all the new molds :hmpf_bad: ), but for an Endor set the things may change. I can see a good set with bunker, 2 speeder bikes, an AT-ST and like 8 minifigs at a $100 price point (The minifigs don´t need new molds just new prints :laugh: ).

Kliq I can´t agree with you here :classic: . I think the new Republic Attack Gunship have just a few minifigs because all of them are new and expensive (Especially because all the new molds :hmpf_bad: ), but for an Endor set the things may change. I can see a good set with bunker, 2 speeder bikes, an AT-ST and like 8 minifigs at a $100 price point (The minifigs don´t need new molds just new prints :laugh: ).

While I can't see all of that happening for $100, I certainly hope that you're right! :laugh:

Don'y you meant Endor design?

Anyway, great idea.

Wow all those coats in Endors heat? They better be packing some water =P

Yeah stupid me I meant endor designs

Well re thinking it with speeder bikes maybe an At-St design might be too much, but we will see.

That's not totally correct since the Endor Rebel Troopers would need this special helmet - so there has to be a new mold nevertheless.

But of course you'Re right: All the other stuff is only a question of printing.

I once more thought about this Endor set and came to the result that I don't think that it'll be in size and price as big as the Hoth set.

Reasons are:

Firstly TLG surely wrote our little disppointments about that the Hoth set was so little. So it wouldn't be very wise to make again a set in price and size similar to that.

That does imo not mean that the bunler will include much more details and rooms as the Hoth Rebel Base. TLG will surely make a big door, then a floor (similar ot the one in the detenation block in the awesome 10188 DS) on the one side and on the other side some sort of control desk with screen. That'll it because 1. it would get too much expensie to make a really big bunker and 2. because there's - aside from the two elements I mentioned - not much more shown ini episode 6. And what should TLG consequently then include?!

Secondly next year there's 10 years celebration of Lego SW. And there surely don't have to miss some bigger OT sets, too. Since Darth Vader'S TIE (which is already confirmed) is a medium sized set and since the Hoth set will surely be some kind of big BP (but nevertheless only a medium sized set) there has to be a big set, too. And - like some of you already mentioned - there would be a lot of things which could be inlcuded. The one half of fans would prefer Ewoks - the other half Endor Rebel Troopers, the one half of fans would prefer speeder bikes - the other half an AT-ST. So what isn't the most simple thing to give eveyone what he/she wants to in the way of making a big set with a little bunker, some foliage, a speeder bike, an AT-ST, Han, Leia, two Ewoks, a Scout Trooper, two Storm Tropers and a black suited Imperial Officer?!

To put it in a nutshell: The Endor set is imo surely bigger than the Hoth set. I'd think it'll be about 100 Euros (like this year's AT-TE). That's the result to which I came. :sceptic:

The only main character minifigs which I think won't be included are Vader and Luke.

Klaus-Dieter

I don´t think that they will put an AT-ST in it. It would just make the set more expensive and we already have a new AT-ST set, that is taken out of production but still aviable to normal prices.

The set includes in my opinion a bunker on a 32x32 plate, two or three Speederbikes, Han Solo, Endor Leia, two or three Ewoks, one or two Endor rebels, one or two Scouts, two Navy Trooper or one Navy with an Officer and possibly a few Stormies. The price point should then be around 95€ like with the AT-TE.

P.S. Maybe we get an ugly downsized AT-ST like the TIE Advanced from the Death Star.^^

Think 7666 Hoth and then think Endor.

That's the answer the way I see it.

My thoughts of the endor-set will be: a door like in the hothbase. Two trees, flowers, at-st (for the kids to play), 1-2 scout-trooper, 1 speed-bike, han , luke an leia in endor-outsit + 1 rebell. Maybe chewbacca?

LEGO has allready the standard-parts for the door, trees. They have an endor-luke from 7128, scout-trooper + bike.

They only have to produce a new torso for leia, han and the rebell.

Maybe a door like this

endor.jpg

Edited by Steff

LEGO has allready the standard-parts for the door, trees. They have an endor-luke from 7128, scout-trooper + bike.

... And they have to mold a new endor rebel hat! :sceptic: Nice LDD-MOC, though! :thumbup:

News about a new set, thanks to shop4lego!

Lego 7751: Ashoka's Star Fighter (TCW Y-Wing)

Wow, that is a lot of writing in a language I can't understand. It looked German, but I'm not sure. Is there some way to translate that into english? And, also, does anybody have any pictures yet? I hope it comes with more figs than just Ahsoka, and that it is under $50, that way we could buy more than....oh, say.....7 :tongue:

For an endor playset i can guess

Minifigs:

- The "You rebel scum" guy

- Han and leia in Endor gear

- 2 Stormtroopers

- 2 Rebel troopers

- 2 scout troopers with speeder bikes

- 3 or 4 ewoks

Scenery/ Base

a few trees

The base's front door

the generator and control room

i'm basing this on hoth base and the ISD

Where is the Y-wing. If it's on there I think it will probably be a real set then. Cool find.

Ahsoka's Fighter could be the CW Y-Wing as she and Anakin fly one sometime in the series, I think.

I hope Ahsoka's fighter and the Y wing are different sets. I was hoping for Ahsokas fighter to be a Jedi starfighter so it will be a cheap way to get Ahsoka and a cool ship.

Edited by darthperson

My thoughts of the endor-set will be: a door like in the hothbase. Two trees, flowers, at-st (for the kids to play), 1-2 scout-trooper, 1 speed-bike, han , luke an leia in endor-outsit + 1 rebell. Maybe chewbacca?

Maybe a door like this

endor.jpg

I have a feeling the door will be pretty big compared to the figures, like Hoth.