KimT

2008 Picture thread

Went to the old Wally World today, picked up the new Droid Gunship.

Pretty cool set if i do say so myself. :thumbup: Always wanted one since i saw it in Ep.3

I wonder if this is a good thing

also who is the arc guy in the TX 130s set?

sorry if you already talked about this but i was

gone for two weeks..

Since you were gone for 2 weeks l want to bring your attention to this announcement:

ALL MEMBERS: Please read! if you missed it!

The reason I do so is because you very often (not always) are posting without using capital letters and no punctuation.

This is what made me ask. There seems to be no large missile launchers on the shuttle and it has a lot of red parts (not mostly grey).

Yeah, but LEGO can somehow manage to add a couple in there for playability... :hmpf_bad:

Thanks Ahsoka, you're a big help.

Clonestroopers.jpg

Not sure if yall have seen them yet. But these are going to be in a Charity Promotion limited to 50... Just found out... Going to be tough to hunt down! :cry_sad:

:cry_happy:*oh2* Oh my god, all I can say is: YUMMY! :cry_happy: I will happily take those troopers of their hands! :tongue:

Wow thats alot of clones, but why are they Cody's head and normal trooper body? :sceptic:

Anyway, wow!

Ashoka

They're the 212st in Phase 1 armour.

Since I'm over at Hong Kong, I'm going to "try" get my hands on them. My source was saying that his suggested price was $150 USD! Ridiculous! :thumbdown:

The whole lot of Clone Troopers are worth USD150 & only 50 sets produce?

My source was saying that his suggested price was $150 USD! Ridiculous! :thumbdown:

That's crazy! :wacko: I would never buy that! Ok, maybe... :blush: No, I have to fight it! :sing: Will not buy, will not buy it :angry: ...(trying to convince myself not to buy these clones) Aw, what the hell i'll just wait for the battlepacks. I had no intention of buying them, anyway. :sadnew:

Edited by lego12

My Bad, I misunderstood.

There's only 50 of the 212st made.

Each is supposedly "Not for Sale" and is for charity.

Source's speculated 2nd hand market price is around 80, but he's sure that there will be people scalping it to the 150 or even high areas.

Though there's more than 50 shown. Only 50 will actually be for the public market. The extra ones are for commercial publishing and advertising means.

I'll see if I can get my hands on them. It's through special "Not for sale" charity early screening of TCW - and a lucky draw after the show (As far as I can tell).

I'll update as I get more info. I'm definitely going to want this :cry_sad:... Must resist... The power... of the... Dark... I give up! :tongue:

Yeah, but LEGO can somehow manage to add a couple in there for playability... :hmpf_bad:

Thanks Ahsoka, you're a big help.

Yes, it could be just like the Imperial Landing Craft. Or even the AT-TE had them hidden among the sides.

Thank you very much for this information, Ashoka! :sweet:

Tie:

He doesn't know what the all figs are yet, but says one set includes a Jedi and the new apprentice.

Ashoka

:devil::cry_sad::sick:

2009 seems to get a very bad year concerning OT (which is my only theme of SW I collect)!

It seems as if TLG wants to kick out the OT. :sadnew: I understand that TLG wants to release many sets from the CW (movie this year) and FU (video game) - but refusing their OT fans is - please excuse me - very, very unfriendly! :thumbdown:

Supposably there then will be again a mega-expensive S@H Exclusive (which I can't afford) for OT fans - and that's all which we OT fans will get :thumbdown: (like this year). If this will be real then that's just great for the 10th birthday of Lego SW! :devil:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Wait, so the Bomber and the LN are from TFU and one has a Jedi aside from the Apprentice? This means we're either getting General Rahm Kota or Shaak Ti! :cry_happy:

It's most likely Kota because:

1. Ti was on Felucia; she didn't fight the Empire.

2. Kota is a Boss on a TIE construction facility. :tongue:

Gosh, this year is gonna be great!

Clonestroopers.jpg

Not sure if yall have seen them yet. But these are going to be in a Charity Promotion limited to 50... Just found out... Going to be tough to hunt down! :cry_sad:

During a second, I believed they were clone pilots. But what is that charity promotion? Do they give clone troopers minifigs to people like that, free?

Thank you very much for this information, Ashoka! :sweet:

:devil::cry_sad::sick:

2009 seems to get a very bad year concerning OT (which is my only theme of SW I collect)!

It seems as if TLG wants to kick out the OT. :sadnew: I understand that TLG wants to release many sets from the CW (movie this year) and FU (video game) - but refusing their OT fans is - please excuse me - very, very unfriendly! :thumbdown:

Supposably there then will be again a mega-expensive S@H Exclusive (which I can't afford) for OT fans - and that's all which we OT fans will get :thumbdown: (like this year). If this will be real then that's just great for the 10th birthday of Lego SW! :devil:

Klaus-Dieter

Chill out, there is the huge Death star this year! I'm sure the PT is mor epopular among kids, they ae probably more familiar with them, and more excited becaus eof the CW movie.

Chill out, there is the huge Death star this year! I'm sure the PT is mor epopular among kids, they ae probably more familiar with them, and more excited becaus eof the CW movie.

Thank you for you wanting to solace me :sweet: - but I surely won't buy the DS (even if there will be no OT set next year) because I haven't got the money for it and because I really fail to see to pay so much money for it. Also Lego OT has to be something everybody can afford to buy! :angry:

Klaus-Dieter

Wait, so the Bomber and the LN are from TFU and one has a Jedi aside from the Apprentice? This means we're either getting General Rahm Kota or Shaak Ti! :cry_happy:

It's most likely Kota because:

1. Ti was on Felucia; she didn't fight the Empire.

2. Kota is a Boss on a TIE construction facility. :tongue:

Gosh, this year is gonna be great!

Might hold out from buying LEGO this year just for that, I might buy the Rogue Shadow but if anything that'll be it. Depends on people's reviews on the game (on whether or not I buy it as well).

And Klaus I agree with the OT. They should have equal availability. If you want, however, 2006 on Bricklink isn't cheap but isn't astronomically expensive yet. That year they had 6 major OT sets and only 1 PT set, as well as 2 OT UCS Models (which were fantastic). 2005 might be good too, you should think about the Sandcrawler maybe if you want (it's for sale on Shop@Home).

Edited by Dovchenko

This list seems somewhat realistic, because all of the CW sets Ben mentioned are in that scene of the movie. And, the TIE fighters are in FU, so that's cool. TDF, you have a very good point there- Shaak Ti could be in one of the TIEs! Even though we just got Ahsoka, a real Ti would be sweet! The AAT sounds dissapointing, though. If TLG ever redid it, I was hoping for the classic episode I AAT, instaed of the blue/white CW version. I wouldn't buy the Republic Shuttle unless it is cheap (below 50 USD) and has at least one desirable fig. The BPs don't sound too great to me either, since we already got a droid BP. The Clone one is nice, though. And the Tri-droid... sounds alright. I am not sure about next year so far... :sadnew:

During a second?

Or do you mean for a second?

That would explain it, methinks. :wink:

They are just basic clones with Cody's helmet, but if you meant for a second I'm sure you know that. :sweet:

They're the 212st in Phase 1 armour.

Are you sure? I mean, even if they are the Phase 1 version of that battalion, shouldn't they have some kind of markings on their armor as well? :sceptic:

These are the exact same clones that they had for the clone speed build contest, btw, so I already own one. :wink:

This list seems somewhat realistic, because all of the CW sets Ben mentioned are in that scene of the movie.

Very true, but (I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, honestly...) someone could have saw that 4 minute clip and made those sets up....

I second that. I could have made that list up and some, if not all, of the EBers would belive me. So we should wait for official LEGO pics before going and saving money.

Oh no, they're just normal PhaseI Clones with a 7676 Cody helmet^^

Yah, I was about to say the same thing. Where are these on charity? Ebay?

Even if this is fake, there is no doubt lego will make Clone Wars BPs. That is the lego way hit with things at the height of their popularity. I'm sure of these Clone Wars sets stated, not so sure of these TFU sets/TIEs. Don't get me wrong i am 99% sure of TIEs 79% sure of TFU TIE Fighters.

)TNR(