KimT

2008 Picture thread

Soon the TCW sets arrive at 26.Juli->this month! So Star Wars got a new background at the official LEGO site. We now that soon the sets will be at shop, too!

greetz Green Trooper

I don't know why everyone gets so angry about the fin. LEGO figs are just caricatures anyway, they're not exactly accurate :tongue:

I know they're not 100% accurate, but he's not a pilot if he has a fin. :tongue:

Tarfful, who can't wait for July 26th.

EDIT: If anyone could provide me with a pic of TLG's Phase 1 Clone Pilot I would be very grateful. :classic:

Edited by Tarfful

the lego customer service site has posted all the instructions for the TCW sets.

the twilight actually doesnt look that bad. VERY MOD-able

the Gunship is also quite similar to the original

The Lego customer service site has posted all the instructions for the TCW sets.

snip

The TCW's intructions on TLG's website is nothing new. :wink:

Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

Wait, I thought the CW clones are phase 1.2 or something like that so they can have fin.. unless wookiepedia has said other wise.

Brickshelf Gallery with new views of Twilight and Spider Droid. also some TRU Materials. I dont need that Spider droid now, but RIGHT now.

Darthperson8

He's not a Pilot! He still has a bloody friggin' fin! :angry:

Blah blah blah!

If you don't like the stupid fin, then just saw it off then! :hmpf_bad: Sheesh! :hmpf:

Out of you people on Eurobricks which of you are actually going to TRU on July 26th at midnight? :sceptic: I would but my mom would be like "ARE U CRAZY!?!?!" :wacko:

I think it's funny that two-inch-high minifigures cause more strife and anticipation than the models themselves.

Maybe LEGO should just start selling minifigs.

I think it's funny that two-inch-high minifigures cause more strife and anticipation than the models themselves.

Maybe LEGO should just start selling minifigs.

Unfortunately lego will not do that... somewhere it said they can't make things with just figs.... atleast only the copyrighted ones.... so lego will make a BP again possibly...but TLG can release a copyrighted fig in a Brickmaster set.... and also figs are 1.5 inches. :laugh:

i hope the new sets will be cheap...

/

v

v

v

Unfortunately lego will not do that... somewhere it said they can't make things with just figs.... atleast only the copyrighted ones.... so lego will make a BP again possibly...but TLG can release a copyrighted fig in a Brickmaster set.... and also figs are 1.5 inches. :laugh:

/

v

v

v

Lego can't make Star Wars figure packs because the company that makes Star Wars figures would have a hissy-fit.

And releasing a few figs in a brickmaster set? It would cause the same problem, I believe.

Also, when have good sets ever been cheap? :tongue:

It still says that it comes with 4 clones. Why is that?

I'm not sure... maybe TLC decided to have mercy on us and give us a decent amount of clones for 120 USD? :tongue:

Or maybe the people who run the site love taunting us.... :cry_sad:

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

Lego can't make Star Wars figure packs because the company that makes Star Wars figures would have a hissy-fit.

And releasing a few figs in a brickmaster set? It would cause the same problem, I believe.

Also, when have good sets ever been cheap? :tongue:

I'm not sure... maybe TLC decided to have mercy on us and give us a decent amount of clones for 120 USD? :tongue:

Or maybe the people who run the site love taunting us.... :cry_sad:

DSR

Thanks I do hope so. Does anyone else have any reasons why, because I'm still hoping for 4.

Now we've got pics and instructions all I want is the prices for the newer ones so I can start saving.

/

v

v

v

I was being sarcastic.. XD

Hey are those kamas solid plastic or rubbery and flexible? Because in that pic of all the minifigs the kama bends but it did look like it wouldn't be able to.

Solid plastic would restrict the movement of the legs.

I think it bends because the figs are animated and so some of the fig's legs and arms are bent in ways real figs cannot be bent.

The kamas may be rubber though.

Yeah I considered that they were animated so it wasn't realistic but there is still that chance it could be rubber. Who knows we just have to wait and find out.

Edited by AoNZ

Looked, but couldent find these on eurobricks:

u-5741-clone-gwp-poster1.jpg

This pic is my favourite! Wow, it's like the first clone wars 2008 pic with the AT-APs, hailfire droid and ani starfighter but now it's with ALL THESE SETS!

And like the clone wars trailer, the AT-TE can climb a wall, IMPRESSIVE!

I think the fortress is the one we can see in the clone wars trailer #1 where rotta is holden by Asajj Ventress.

Ps: I would get the magnaguard fighter if I could but I'm not even sure I will be able to get my wishlist sw sets + agents sets.

I wonder how expensive will be 2009 X.X

cartoondude:

Look what great pics:

1. Poster

2. Figures

greetz Green Trooper

I brought the users these links on the 2. last page :hmpf_bad: ....

Edited by The Green Trooper

Looked, but couldent find these on eurobricks:

and a link to the folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=325568

I prefer my version. :tongue:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/NavyTroo...-tcw-poster.bmp

@ AoNZ: In which country do you live? I am really good in cherish prices.^^

2nd @ AoNZ: I think the whole equipment is made out of the castle/orc swords plastic.

@ lego12: I think four people, no one with costume.

I love all of the sets, except the Twilight of course. It has good minifigs, but it is bulky and ugly. I probably has some great spare parts, or it could be used as some kind of civilian transport vessel, but not a fighter used by Anakin.

I love all of the sets, except the Twilight of course. It has good minifigs, but it is bulky and ugly. I probably has some great spare parts, or it could be used as some kind of civilian transport vessel, but not a fighter used by Anakin.

Me too. The sets are impressive except the Twilight, which i think it don't have any special function & those minifigs that you can get from AT-TE, so no point owning it (no offence). Too bad, financial is my problem, i am worry that i can't ful fill my wishlist :cry_sad:

I find it interesting that the Super Battle Droid was finally given red eyes!