KimT

2008 Picture thread

Just got home and found the catalog and planned to show everyone but hollisbrick ends up showing everyone before me. Well it saves me the work :laugh: Only one problem for the countries other than australia the release dates are when they come out in austrlia. :laugh::classic:

I'm kind of lucky as I have 20 clones from buying all those Battle Packs but now this has left me with not much money to spend on new sets :sad: :sad:

I was hoping to get a RGS to put all my clones in or the AT-TE but which can hold more? In the description for the AT-TE it mentions a detailed interior so I hope it can hold all my clones. Does anyone have pics of the interiors of the AT-TE and RGS? :look:

Thanks hollisbrick! These pics are great! Can you please make a photo of the HMP, too?

What do they mean with "landing gear, which you can activate with the wing"? How ist that possible? A total new function???

There'll be a cockpit in the ship, won't be?

Rotta, Anakin, Ahsoka and Artoo have to be somewhere. But...is there enough space for FOUR minifigs?

I'm not sure.

What do you think?

MTFBWY

Lion

edit: Oh, I see. You can see the heads of the minifigs through the missing cockpit windows^^

Edited by Darth Lion

With whom do you speak?

One question: What part of the twilight is the escape pod? Is it the small part on the right side next to the cockpit?

Greetings

Lion

EDIT: DON'T EVER CORRECT OTHER MEMBERS WAY OF SPELLING. THIS IS EUROBRICKS AND WE DON'T REQUIRE TOP GRADES IN ENGLISH TO BE A MEMBER. READ "THE REMINDER ON HOW TO BEHAVE"

With whom do you speak?

One question: What part of the twilight is the escape pod? Is it the small part on the right side next to the cockpit?

Greetings

Lion

It dosnt say :sceptic:

What do they mean with "landing gear, which you can activate with the wing"? How ist that possible? A total new function??

I assume that as you move the bottom wing out to land, the landing gear folds out. A bit like the the function on the V-19 Torrent (whoch can be seen

).

Oh lordy lordy the Twilight looks SO stupid... :hmpf_bad:

No windshield? Give me a break... :hmpf_bad: When I get it I'll show TLC what a windshield is... :hmpf_bad:

And I still don't get Rotta not having hands... :laugh:

I assume that as you move the bottom wing out to land, the landing gear folds out. A bit like the the function on the V-19 Torrent (whoch can be seen
).

Ahh...thanks! That's actually the only possibility. :wink:

Well, I don't know why, but I love the Twilight. :wub:

Most of that guys, whose posts I read, finds that starship very ugly. :sadnew:

But I don't. I'm happy about seeing a few of old lego parts, not these new special parts, which are included in most of the new sets. Maybe because of this they are skeptic.

By the way: I hope, TLC will build this octopus-similar ship, which you can see in the new clone wars-trailer.

I like those exotic starships. :grin:

I hope, we'll see a battlepack to "THE CLONE WARS". But that's nearly apparent.

Sorry, that's not the topic, i think. :wink:

I'm going to buy all these sets, if my pocket is still full, when I bought the Death Star. :laugh:

Greetings

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

here's a question for ya. why do the clones (at least in the spider droid) have fleshtone heads under the helmets? is lego giving them all jango fett clone faces or something...?

I just came across some more pictures, so i'll just throw 'em in here:

img_4708.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

Edited by metalandi

Just want to throw in my 2 cents about the new pics/sets.

I still dig the RGS and I'm almost definately going to get it.

The AT-TE has slowly won me over and I'm begining to like the look of it. I also like Rex more than Cody so I might get it for that reason also.

I'm not that bothered about the Bodyguard set mainly because I'm not exactly won over by the figs. The ship itself seems pretty cool though.

The tank is looking ok if a little bit stubby and depending on th price I might get it.

The HSD is a weird one for me. One one hand the figs are pretty decent and I love that Red Commander, whatever his name maybe. But th HSD itself, to me is just a ball with legs. I know it's been faithfully recreated but I'm not conpletely sold.

I really don't olike the Twilight. 'Nuff said.

Not particularly fussed about the V-19 although it looks like a good set.

I think TLC have made a huge mistake not including figs on the droid gunship (which I still find hard to believe) and I don't see myself buying it.

I had hoped I culd buy the new Death Star set but alas I think the RGS and AT-TE will consume most of my hard earned cash.

Alright, so I spoke too soon earlier.

Anyway. My wallet hates TLC, but I love them. Here's my opinions on the whole Clone Wars batch.

The RGS and AT-TE were already must-buys for me, so there's where a lot of my money will go when they come out.

The V-19, while awesome, isn't too appealing to me, not because it's a bad ship design or a bad set design, I just don't want to spend the money on it.

The Magnaguard fighter is the same as the V-19.

The HSD. Though I will admit it looks pretty simple, I still want it. The red Clone is pretty frikkin' sweet (by the way, is he Dark red? it looks like he might be.) and it would be a nice addition to my CIS army.

The Tank, while a little stubby, is nothing short of awesome. It's a must-buy, though I would like to see the price soon.

The Twilight is actually kind of cool in my opinion, but I don't want to spend the money on it.

And last, but not least, the DGS, in my opinion, is amazing. Though its' lack of minifigures is somewhat disappointing, I can only hope that will keep it's price down. It's another must-buy for me.

The DGS has some interesting looking missiles falling from it; I can't wait to find out how the bomb-dropping mechanism on it will work.

By the way, I see multiple interesting additions on the TX-130. 1: The front end of the tank, in between the 2 Republic symbols, has a hinge piece. This could be the opening to the cockpit. 2: If you look closely, it looks like the turret on top is connected to what looks like a small white turntable with a grey disc. That means the turret could spin (at least to some extent.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

here's a question for ya. why do the clones (at least in the spider droid) have fleshtone heads under the helmets? is lego giving them all jango fett clone faces or something...?

It was seen at one of the Toyfairs that the Clones have a head underneath similar to Anakin's. :sceptic: This might(please Lord!) be preliminary but it's pretty easy to do and for TLC to mass produce.

Ew. Skin-colored minifigs.

:hmpf_bad:

Spam. :angry:

Nice pics, btw, metalandi! :sweet::thumbup:

Ew. Skin-colored minifigs.

Eeeew yourself. :tongue:

Yes all licensed themes have skin-coloured minifigs. It's part of TLG's policy after being pestered by fans about Star Wars and Harry Potter being "out-of-touch" with reality as long as the minifigs were yellow. Does that answer your "eeew"? :classic:

KimT

YES! THEY ARE MEANT TO BE JANGO FETT HEADS!!! :tongue:

Yay! Thanks heaps for the pics.

I just :wub: that Twilight ship. Its boxyness gives it a really nice PT feel, even though it's from the OT era.

The HSD on the other hand, I kind of liked it better when the pics were blurry and we could only see its general shape. Now that we can see all the details, I find its build a bit too bare...

The droid gunship looks fantastic, though.

Now the only thing I have to complain about is the release dates... They're releasing way too many at the same time... I fear I won't be ableto afford them all... :cry_sad:

YES! THEY ARE MEANT TO BE JANGO FETT HEADS!!! :tongue:

Oh my god, calm yourself...

I just :wub: that Twilight ship. Its boxyness gives it a really nice PT feel, even though it's from the OT era.

Do you mean that the other way round? CW is set between episode II and III.

I found this preview of a review of the new 7676 Republic Attack Gunship in Jedi News:

If I buy the gunship I surely will put the stickers of the T�wilek in clone trooper armour on the sides :tongue::laugh: .

Lots and lots of stickers for the RGS again :sceptic: Didn't like it too good on the first one already... But I'll get it anyway :tongue:

I'm kind of lucky as I have 20 clones from buying all those Battle Packs but now this has left me with not much money to spend on new sets :sad: :sad:

I was hoping to get a RGS to put all my clones in or the AT-TE but which can hold more? In the description for the AT-TE it mentions a detailed interior so I hope it can hold all my clones. Does anyone have pics of the interiors of the AT-TE and RGS? :look:

I'd rather go for the RGS for storing space. The AT-TE maybe fits 6-8 clones according to the pics while you can put more into the RGSs troop-bay I think :thumbup:

I'm sure you wanted to say it the other way round :laugh::wink: EDIT: Led ZePPelin beat me to it^^ was writing while he posted...

More and more Twilight lovers seem to come out of their hiding holes :tongue: I still don't like it too good, but yellost isn't too wrong either about it's OT feel :blush:

Benny

Edited by Vaders_son

My definite favorite is the Droid Gunship, I don't really know why I like it though :wacko: . I wish the clones did have Jango heads but some of the pics of the Gunship shows the heads which aren't Jango ones unless they have changed them :wink: . On the Tank I think the guy on the turret is sitting or standing on a base not very far down, then the whole turret/ top half folds up revealing a poorly highly detailed cockpit and interior which could be hard considering the size and squashedness of the tank. I think I will try to get all these Clone Wars sets :classic: .

NEW: Just been scrolling through the thread and saw some new pics of the sets, now I think the tank front folds up not the turret section or maybe both do. I really want to see the Droid Gunship for real and see the bomb drooping thing. Twighlight is rubbish the pilots may have a small air problem!

Thought: I think the Droid Gunship has minifigs! Look at the zoomed up pics that have been added recently on page 12. At the bit where the head joins to the big circle bit there's a grey plate. There is a piece hinged on to it! this can lift up the big grey plate bit and reveal a seat for a battle droid or even Magna Guard! tell me what you think

Edited by Skipper 24

Tank Includes 2 :wink:

Do you know how I am looking? Like this!

angry.JPG

Besides from this: I AM P/$$3D OFF! I know that the Droid army was 10 times bigger than the republic army but 7 Clones. SEVEN CLONES?!?!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!! I hope there is a E2 Clone pack coming. I can´t belive that TLC is this stupid. We shouted them the ears out of their heads for new E2 Clones and now we are getting 7 Clones with a disturbing, alien-body looking torso? ARGH!!!

I would sell my E3 Clone army (50 troops) for getting 10 E2s.

Thought: I think the Droid Gunship has minifigs! Look at the zoomed up pics that have been added recently on page 12. At the bit where the head joins to the big circle bit there's a grey plate. There is a piece hinged on to it! this can lift up the big grey plate bit and reveal a seat for a battle droid or even Magna Guard! tell me what you think

Yeah maybe, maybe...there's a hidden droid :tongue: If there's any fig (what I don't think) it'll be a battle droid, maybe a pilot. No magna guard tho, that wouldn't make sense. They are elite bodyguards not pilots of some droid gunship.

Do you know how I am looking? Like this!

I would sell my E3 Clone army (50 troops) for getting 10 E2s.

Maybe we could come together there as soon as I have 10 Phase 1s if you're serious on this, I don't really prefer the Phase 1s over the Phase 2s... :wink:

Benny

EDIT: Cut some quote :P

Edited by Vaders_son

I think a Magna Guard is actually to fat to fit inside :sceptic: . But I am pretty sure there is a minifig under that grey panel! I hope a blue pilot droid or yellow commander. If there is there probably be some simple controls like in the AAT

Edited by Skipper 24