Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I knew it, it seemed so logical.

Well, wonder when we'll get Indy sets then. 

It also didn't seem right because there were no cheap sets, and Indy seems like a perfect theme for 10-30€ ones.

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks like Coconut is Avatar 2, according to the latest rumours :classic: I knew it!! This should mean we get the Indy sets a lot earlier :excited:

Edit: Either that, or a lot later :sad: Stonewars speculate that the sets might have been pushed back to 2023, which would make sense.

But in that case, which theme are these unknown set numbers for? :wacko:

What if the numbers are for a Nintendo theme? That would explain all the secrecy I guess, just like Mario, all speculation on my part. 

5 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

What if the numbers are for a Nintendo theme? That would explain all the secrecy I guess, just like Mario, all speculation on my part. 

Could be anything… or nothing, in case the set numbers were fake to begin with :tongue: A brand-new theme launching in spring without a single leak? Yeah, sure :laugh_hard:

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Could be anything… or nothing, in case the set numbers were fake to begin with :tongue: A brand-new theme launching in spring without a single leak? Yeah, sure :laugh_hard:

Didn’t monkey kid kinda do that? I can’t remember but I think it might have 

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I dunno, I don't remember Hidden Side having any leaks, what's the source of the set list? Or maybe those are the Indy numbers and the sets got delayed to 2023, because April sets release would make sense for when Indy 5 was supposed to release. 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Didn’t monkey kid kinda do that? I can’t remember but I think it might have 

We had known about the theme for a while and thought it was Leaf (which then turned out to be Mario, of course). We learned of the theme through a trademark entry, and the first thing we saw of it was the leaked logo :laugh:

The sets themselves didn‘t leak

Honestly, my wallet will be kinda happy if Lego Indy does get pushed back until next year. It’s already going to be such an expensive year with me collecting Lego Star Wars and Marvel, plus a couple other things on top of that. I guess I’ll just be waiting for a solid confirmation that Indy is 100% returning at some point this year or next year and not just a “probably”.

I just find it funny that the Coconut theme, that was rumored to be for one of my favorite film series of all that, will instead be based on Avatar, a film “series” I have 0 interest in. :tongue:

I am so curious on what these set number are, LEGO 77012, 77013, 77014, 77015

Maybe they were for Indy when it was supposed to release in 2022? I think the delay was quite unexpected and maybe these are for Indy but will release in 2023 or it's a new theme. :wacko:

Just now, The Stud said:

I just find it funny that the Coconut theme, that was rumored to be for one of my favorite film series of all that, will instead be based on Avatar, a film “series” I have 0 interest in. :tongue:

I'm definitely interested in Indy, whenever it comes, but I agree that Avatar holds very little interest for me (beyond seeing the sets and how they decide to do them, which I'm sure will be interesting). 

Hopefully those set numbers are still in use for something, but we will have to see. 

I don't get the low interest for Avatar :wacko:, it just seems like a dumb internet meme, all people I talk to said they like it. I guess the trailer will make everyone hyped for it. 

Anyway, do we know for sure Indy is coming this year then? 

2 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Hopefully those set numbers are still in use for something, but we will have to see. 

If they are, it has to be a new in-house theme. I can’t see them randomly pulling a licensed theme out of the hat :tongue:

1 minute ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Anyway, do we know for sure Indy is coming this year then? 

We don’t. It could be those unknown numbers, but the sets most likely got pushed back to 2023

3 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Could those sets be lego store exclusive? 

That’s what some people are suggesting, which is why I think it can’t be Indy. Those sets would surely be available at regular retailers as well :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s what some people are suggesting, which is why I think it can’t be Indy. Those sets would surely be available at regular retailers as well :shrug_oh_well:

I'm tired of store exclusives :laugh:

Guess I save more cash then, like I will get Avatar sets, Jurassic World, Harry Potter and Lightyear then. Oh, what if these are for Transformers *oh2* or maybe not

17 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

I don't get the low interest for Avatar :wacko:, it just seems like a dumb internet meme, all people I talk to said they like it. I guess the trailer will make everyone hyped for it. 

I mean, I’ve never seen it personally (some of my relatives love it though), but from what I can tell, it’s just a very irrelevant property and I don’t think there’s much hype, if any, for the sequels that have been constantly pushed back for years on end. To be fair, Indy isn’t super relevant either at the moment but from anecdotal experience, I see more love for any of the original Indy movies and more hype for #5 than any discussion about Avatar or its sequel.

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s honestly what I was initially predicting if Lego Indiana Jones ever were to return. I’d guess that most of the sets sold will be to AFOLs versus kids, but now that more “18+” sets are sold at regular retailers like Target, I guess there’s no need.

Edited by The Stud

39 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I mean, I’ve never seen it personally (some of my relatives love it though), but from what I can tell, it’s just a very irrelevant property and I don’t think there’s much hype, if any, for the sequels that have been constantly pushed back for years on end. To be fair, Indy isn’t super relevant either at the moment but from anecdotal experience, I see more love for any of the original Indy movies and more hype for #5 than any discussion about Avatar or its sequel.

That’s honestly what I was initially predicting if Lego Indiana Jones ever were to return. I’d guess that most of the sets sold will be to AFOLs versus kids, but now that more “18+” sets are sold at regular retailers like Target, I guess there’s no need.

Why even talk about a movie if you haven't seen it? *huh* Majority of Avatar haters are trolls anyway so I wouldn't count on their opinions. You do you, but people shouldn't judge a movie if they haven't even seen it. 

Anyway, what if the 4 unknown sets are the lego anniversary set and it is 4 sets not just one? Just speculation. 

25 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Why even talk about a movie if you haven't seen it? *huh* Majority of Avatar haters are trolls anyway so I wouldn't count on their opinions. You do you, but people shouldn't judge a movie if they haven't even seen it. 

Anyway, what if the 4 unknown sets are the lego anniversary set and it is 4 sets not just one? Just speculation. 

I’m not judging the movie, I was talking about its perception. Just because I haven’t experienced something doesn’t mean I can’t know the culture surrounding it.

Indy-related question for y’all; if and when Lego makes more Indy sets, do you think they are going to make different Indy variants for each film? When I say Indy figure, I’m talking about his main, iconic look with the leather jacker, satchel and fedora.  Obviously he had other costumes in each movie like his tux from Temple of Doom or his Venice outfit from TLC that we could probably see in the theme’s reboot, but I’m talking about the main outfit here. Even though his costume looks very similar in each film, there are some small differences to be found. The last time Lego did Indy sets, they just used the same figure for all four films, even though he was much older in the last one. 

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I’m not judging the movie, I was talking about its perception. Just because I haven’t experienced something doesn’t mean I can’t know the culture surrounding it.

Indy-related question for y’all; if and when Lego makes more Indy sets, do you think they are going to make different Indy variants for each film? When I say Indy figure, I’m talking about his main, iconic look with the leather jacker, satchel and fedora.  Obviously he had other costumes in each movie like his tux from Temple of Doom or his Venice outfit from TLC that we could probably see in the theme’s reboot, but I’m talking about the main outfit here. Even though his costume looks very similar in each film, there are some small differences to be found. The last time Lego did Indy sets, they just used the same figure for all four films, even though he was much older in the last one. 

My guess is that Indy would be predominantly the same between all of the movies, with MAYBE an exception for KotCS. While they would probably do different outfits for specific scenes, the main jacket/satchel/fedora look would be identical. Though I'd love to be proven wrong. 

I would also agree as far the Avatar stuff. Having seen the movie, I don't really have much interest in the new film to any degree. It's not an especially relevant property except as a comparison for movie income anymore...

3 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

*huh* Majority of Avatar haters are trolls anyway so I wouldn't count on their opinions

Speaking for those of us who can’t stand Avatar, akin to Star Wars fans feelings for JarJar Binks, we are not trolls for stating our opinions. I personally would be spending a ton of $$ if it was confirmed LEGO Indiana Jones sets would once again be released. I know for a fact that I will spend ZERO $$ on Avatar. 

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

I hope so. R2-D2 had a muddy variant for the Yoda’s hut set so I’m wondering whether they may do something similar here. Like maybe a “sandy” version for a desert set and they may use an older head for sets based of the 4th and 5th films. I also think he wears a tie during the motorcycle chase so we could see that too. 

4 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

I saw it in the cinema, and while it was a 3-D spectacle it was also another glaring example of the white saviour trope that has been done to death. For example see The Last Samurai and Dances with Wolves, films I chose because they’re basically the same story in different settings. This will be joining the long line of sets which for various reasons I won’t be buying. As you say, you do you.

6 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I saw it in the cinema, and while it was a 3-D spectacle it was also another glaring example of the white saviour trope that has been done to death. For example see The Last Samurai and Dances with Wolves, films I chose because they’re basically the same story in different settings. This will be joining the long line of sets which for various reasons I won’t be buying. As you say, you do you.

As a fan of avatar, those are totally valid criticisms. No reason to buy stuff you aren't interested in. I also think that the "evidence" for coconut being Indy instead of Avatar was flimsy at best, unless there was more than a reference to one objective in the video game, so the hate the avatar 2 stuff is getting is unwarranted. 

Brick-Click says the April theme is new. I'm saying it's a mini-figure Mario theme just because I want it. 

I find it interesting that Avatar only get 4 sets and whatever the April them only gets 4 sets too. 

6 hours ago, Maple said:

Brick-Click says the April theme is new. I'm saying it's a mini-figure Mario theme just because I want it. 

I find it interesting that Avatar only get 4 sets and whatever the April them only gets 4 sets too. 

I bet if we do get a Mario theme mino-fig style, it'll be correlated to the movie coming out. If thst were to be the case, it probably would come out in the fall before the Christmas rush.

9 hours ago, Maple said:

He said a new theme, not a new subtheme :tongue: Besides, those would definitely follow the same set numbering.

My money is on a new in-house theme. Weird to only have four sets if that were true, but it‘s a bit odd in any case :shrug_oh_well: