Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I’ve just realised that the Indy sets could technically be featured in the upcoming 1HY consumer catalogue since they have shown sets scheduled for April in these catalogues before, and the first four sets are not based on an upcoming movie to boot.

I‘m not holding my breath, but at least a cool little teaser is not too much to ask for, innit? :laugh:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’ve just realised that the Indy sets could technically be featured in the upcoming 1HY consumer catalogue since they have shown sets scheduled for April in these catalogues before, and the first four sets are not based on an upcoming movie to boot.

I‘m not holding my breath, but at least a cool little teaser is not too much to ask for, innit? :laugh:

I wouldn't expect anything more than a logo. There's no way they aren't saving a special reveal for the return of this theme.

2 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

As long as they reveal at least the indy minifgure then I'll be satisfied.Have a burning curiosity about that dual molded head piece.

Don't keep your hopes up. It's either everything or nothing, and it's almost definitely the latter.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't keep your hopes up. It's either everything or nothing, and it's almost definitely the latter.

It will probably be a logo and nothing else but we'll have to wait and see.

From what I’ve seen, there’s no teaser or anything in the catalogue. Funny how they still call it a ‘January to June’ catalogue when there’s NOTHING in there that’s released after January. Not even the March sets are featured anymore *huh*

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

From what I’ve seen, there’s no teaser or anything in the catalogue. Funny how they still call it a ‘January to June’ catalogue when there’s NOTHING in there that’s released after January. Not even the March sets are featured anymore *huh*

Yeah, this one's understandable tho. They'll want to make a grander reveal for the return of a beloved theme like this.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, this one's understandable tho. They'll want to make a grander reveal for the return of a beloved theme like this.

Watch, as a small independent retailer puts it up on their website a few days early and then a large retailer, and then it just appears on the LEGO website with no announcement at all...

32 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Watch, as a small independent retailer puts it up on their website a few days early and then a large retailer, and then it just appears on the LEGO website with no announcement at all...

I wouldn't be surprised.

LEGO has a weird tendency of revealing some things so late that they've already leaked everywhere else.

But they've gotten better at handling reveals recently, the only wave they've messed up for 2023 was Star Wars.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't be surprised.

LEGO has a weird tendency of revealing some things so late that they've already leaked everywhere else.

But they've gotten better at handling reveals recently, the only wave they've messed up for 2023 was Star Wars.

And other times they don't do a reveal at all, in that sets just appear on the website with no other form of announcement or press release.

Does the catalog showcase the March HP sets at least? 

At this point I'm hoping for some factory leaks because if we depend on clear cut pictures then we'll have to wait for a long time. 

Edited by Pulp Detective

5 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Does the catalog showcase the March HP sets at least? 

Nope. Only the January stuff is featured :shrug_oh_well:

6 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

At this point I'm hoping for some factory leaks because if we depend on clear cut pictures then we'll have to wait for a long time. 

Factory leaks have become so rare they can’t be counted on any longer. We have to wait until late February I guess :hmpf_bad:

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nope. Only the January stuff is featured :shrug_oh_well:

Factory leaks have become so rare they can’t be counted on any longer. We have to wait until late February I guess :hmpf_bad:

Damn lego cataloges are becoming lamer each year.

So I've noticed but I'm still holding out hope.

Can’t believe these sets are only 4 months away. I’m still holding out a fool’s hope that we get them a little earlier so the Dial of Destiny wave can hit in May-June to coincide with the film’s release without having to debut after it’s hit theatres.

22 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Can’t believe these sets are only 4 months away. I’m still holding out a fool’s hope that we get them a little earlier so the Dial of Destiny wave can hit in May-June to coincide with the film’s release without having to debut after it’s hit theatres.

Has Lego ever pushed forward a release before?

They’re taking a pretty big risk by releasing Avatar 2 and Dial of Destiny sets a bit after the films release date, and if that doesn’t end up paying off for Avatar they might want to push forward the Indy 5 sets.

I’m sure the odds of this happening are next to none though since these dates are locked in literal years in advance.

9 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Has Lego ever pushed forward a release before?

They’re taking a pretty big risk by releasing Avatar 2 and Dial of Destiny sets a bit after the films release date, and if that doesn’t end up paying off for Avatar they might want to push forward the Indy 5 sets.

I’m sure the odds of this happening are next to none though since these dates are locked in literal years in advance.

I agree,getting those sets early has a next to no chance of happening but in the past TLG did delay some like the Eternals so you never know.

For sure, it’s just wishful thinking on my part. Just seems odd to release sets after a film as big as this, but there’s certainly a precedent for it looking at the Avatar 2 wave.

Meaning that the Avatar 2 wave isn’t officially released until 2023, a couple weeks after the wide release of the movie it’s based on.

24 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Meaning?Did the Avatar 2 wave sold badly?

It‘s not even been released yet :laugh_hard: At least not officially. I only got them because not all retailers care about street dates :wink:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s not even been released yet :laugh_hard: At least not officially. I only got them because not all retailers care about street dates :wink:

My bad,I though they already released :grin:  :wacko: 

Any way can't say I'm a fan of releasing sets after the movie and it's not like those sets are spoiler filled,either way their shown to the public before they and the movie release.

4 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Any way can't say I'm a fan of releasing sets after the movie [...]

Me neither. Maybe they're doing it for scheduling purposes, to avoid overcrowded releases? :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

I agree,getting those sets early has a next to no chance of happening but in the past TLG did delay some like the Eternals so you never know.

But it's a lot easier to delay than to push release dates up. For example, Ant-Man 3 was moved up and Captain Marvel 2 was delayed. The captain marvel 2 set has been delayed, evidently, but we haven't even had the ant-man 3 set leak yet, implying it hasn't been moved up to before the films's February release.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But it's a lot easier to delay than to push release dates up. For example, Ant-Man 3 was moved up and Captain Marvel 2 was delayed. The captain marvel 2 set has been delayed, evidently, but we haven't even had the ant-man 3 set leak yet, implying it hasn't been moved up to before the films's February release.

Yea I know delaying is much easier which is why I said that the chances are next to none.