Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

20 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I was thinking more about the food. I mean this place has a cook doesn't it? That plant lady that was hanging around here she is a cook. Trying to get a job here or something the other week. But if all you have is this Peppermint Porter I guess I could try it. 

51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"Ah, food. Yeah, Gyzup could maybe whip you up something, I don't think he's currently got any specials though. I mean I'm sure you could call what he cooks... special, but probably not what you had in mind. Basically if you want anything fried, he's on it, if it requires a different appliance or a more complex utensil than a spork, you're out of luck."

Cake procured, thankfully without coming into contact with the person Aysu had regretfully not noticed in favour of salvage, the gunner found a table that suited her needs and took a seat. "Hot chocolate and cake. Nearly as good as Mam's!" Aysu chuckled, tying to settle for a while.

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Ah, food. Yeah, Gyzup could maybe whip you up something, I don't think he's currently got any specials though. I mean I'm sure you could call what he cooks... special, but probably not what you had in mind. Basically if you want anything fried, he's on it, if it requires a different appliance or a more complex utensil than a spork, you're out of luck."

Could "he" make a brisket or a roast? 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

“I suppose if you don’t mind it breaded in panko.”

Might as well. Good thing for you I am hungry. 

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Might as well. Good thing for you I am hungry. 

Thorvald calls back over his shoulder to the kitchen.
"Hey Gyzup, got an order for a #4, extra large."

A voice calls from the back.

51263148899_8086e5de93_t.jpg
"Okey dokey I'll get da fryer goin'."

Decker returns back to the Hall on Ebria station. Through some miracle, his two very risky bets he made on the sled race managed to cancel out, leaving him just as financially sound (or, unsound, depending on how you looked at it) as before.

Decker signs up for Missions 8 and 9  as he sits down to admire his new weapon.

"Alright, I've got word in from the captain of the Satyr's Song. Bers, Yelana, Polaris; the three of you are heading to Aluriel aboard the Victoire vessel. This note also says to bring your appetites... whatever that means."

Chosen Heroes for Mission 8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It
Bers (Dutch-Thriceman)
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman)
Polaris Ursaring (samuraiturtle)

Mission Master Note: Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It goes up Saturday. Thank you for signing up, I hope you guys are as excited as I am!  :sweet:

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Alright, I've got word in from the captain of the Satyr's Song. Bers, Yelana, Polaris; the three of you are heading to Aluriel aboard the Victoire vessel. This note also says to bring your appetites... whatever that means." 

And here I just ate. I still don't know how I got automatically sign up for this? Oh well, life of a soldier. I better pick up some potions before I leave. 

Current Sign-ups for Mission 9:

• Ronin (Yzalirk)
  • Decker DaCabe (Endgame)

Sign-ups close Dec. 12th.

11 hours ago, Duvors said:

Current Sign-ups for Mission 9:

• Ronin (Yzalirk)

Sign-ups close Dec. 12th.

OOC: I've been removed from the sign-ups?

25 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

OOC: I've been removed from the sign-ups?

Considering Kintobor just selected you for their Mission, I can't very well take you on mine. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Duvors said:

Considering Kintobor just selected you for their Mission, I can't very well take you on mine. :tongue:

That moment you only read the latest post thinking you already read the rest :facepalm:

21 hours ago, Kintobor said:

51622013920_c55d4731b9_q.jpg "Hopefully something consumable with a high grade alcoholic percentage friend Thorvald. I've already grabbed what I need from the market, this unit is ready to head out."

On 11/28/2021 at 11:06 PM, Kintobor said:

Heisenberg smiles wryly, as he fetches a sturdy box of cigars from his coat, opening it briskly as he looks to Yelana. Retrieving a cigar, he lights the end ablaze with a snap of his fingers and inhales, blowing the smoke away from the other bar patrons.

51675700154_372b52b301_o.jpg
"I can agree with you to an extent about Thudaal literature. Of course it has a repetitive quality to you say that as if it is a negative attribute. It has rhythm and rhyme, the way it flows like a river through time and speaks of the Thudaal's view on life an reincarnation and their flights from a place so dark and damnable-" Heisenberg takes a breath as his intensity in his voice reaches a fevered pitch. He takes a hand and preens his hair, ensuring it's tidiness. "Apologies. I get quite worked up talking about these sorts of things."

Yelana coughed gently from the smoke, then replied almost equally excitedly. 
"Oh, I didn't mean it to sound negative - When I first read Thudaal literature, I was like, 'yeah, I get the point, do have anything else to say?', but I was completely missing the actual point of the texts. . . It also didn't help that I tried skimming it! Thudaal lit is very linguistically-dense, which makes skimming impossible, but that's the point - It's supposed to be a meditation on the nature of the experience of life. It's really fascinating and engaging, once you get used to the style and what it's doing." 

"It hasn't been too long since I arrived. I imagine I will be here for awhile. I want to take in this old place as much as I can before I depart. As for your warbot friend, I am afraid the description does not ring any bells. Apologies, m'dear." Heisenberg lowers his head in respect, raising it shortly afterwards to take a lengthy drag from his cigar.

"No problem; it was just something on my mind. . . Don't worry about it." 
Yelana somewhat forces a smile at Heisenberg, not over their conversation, but so as to not give away her growing anxieties. 

"Yes, that is her name. I believe her and Enson are versed enough with each other, but I'm stuck around the bar to know too much about their relationship. There's a good chance she's busy, but you might find her: there's a lot of stuff in this old building that needs fixing, and it can be hard to track her down when she's not loafing about her office."

"Okay - Thanks, and her office is up. . .stairs? Right?

On 11/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

51714320375_9ed378c218_t.jpg "Thank you friend, that is not weird at all, your remark is an accurate assessment of this unit."

Smiling, Yelana chuckles to herself. 

On 11/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

51713724713_92c3317025_t.jpg "Processing query ... not at the moment ... however perhaps some other time I will have to take you up on this offer friend Yelana."

"Okay, let me know if you change your mind - Or want to, that is. . . Get it? Because I'd be. . . Never mind." 

OoC Character Note: 

Spoiler

Normally, I write Yelana as having a near-perfect memory and knowledge of a wide array of subjects, since she can just access any of the data on her visor in an instant. Since Query is embedded in her files now, I am trying to play her as not using her visor as much (so that Query will not be able to predict what she will do at any given time), as Query cannot access her memories/brain (just the files on her visor). As such, she is far more forgetful and scattered than she usually is. I know the correct spelling/pronunciation of Rachel Sprocketson's name (and the fact that her office is downstairs from the main Hall), but since Yelana is relying on a roughly month-old memory of seeing Rachel's name on the Missionboard, she gets it wrong. 

On 12/4/2021 at 9:53 PM, Kintobor said:

"Erm... runnning behind schedule... well, I should be off, heroes! Much to see around here, much to do!" He exuberantly proclaims, placing his watch back into it's pocket as he stands up, cigar still in hand. "I do hope we meet again soon: Yelana, Bers, do take care now." He bows respectfully to his two compatriots and begins to make his way out of the hall, a trail of smoke from his cigar wafting behind him as he leaves.

Yelana nods to Heisenberg as he leaves. Clearing her throat and staring off into space, she finished her tea wordlessly. 

On 12/10/2021 at 12:39 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

The agents of Heroica Hall are surprised one morning to see the Menahi, Nondos Aghonzath, and a cybernetic enhanced Daraki stacking miscellaneous objects under a Vorbanian Oak tree

51365917518_c954a880db_t.png
"Happy Yul'Yom Agents!"

The unexpected celebration snaps Yelana out of her thoughts, as she looks around the hall at the tree and the decorations being put up. 
"Um. . . Who dragged that in here? Or was it always here? Forgot it was almost Yul'Yom. . . " 
Yelana stands up from the bar and stretches. 

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

"'Wranquen'?" Yelana muttered to herself as she walked over to the tree and picked up a Briefcase, then returned to her seat at the bar. "That's not a common name, but. . . " 

Yelana turned on her seat, resting the Briefcase on her leg as she did. 
"Hey, Thorvald - Do you happen to know who 'Wranquen' is?

23 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Yelana hopped up from her seat. 
"Roger - Maybe they've got a Yul'Yom feast planned? IDK. . . Oh, and can you make me another cup of Crimson Chai, to go? Extra strong, cream, Poojat sugar - You know. Thanks." 

17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana nods to Heisenberg as he leaves. Clearing her throat and staring off into space, she finished her tea wordlessly. 

The unexpected celebration snaps Yelana out of her thoughts, as she looks around the hall at the tree and the decorations being put up. 
"Um. . . Who dragged that in here? Or was it always here? Forgot it was almost Yul'Yom. . . " 
Yelana stands up from the bar and stretches. 

Yelana turned on her seat, resting the Briefcase on her leg as she did. 
"Hey, Thorvald - Do you happen to know who 'Wranquen' is?

Yelana hopped up from her seat. 
"Roger - Maybe they've got a Yul'Yom feast planned? IDK. . . Oh, and can you make me another cup of Crimson Chai, to go? Extra strong, cream, Poojat sugar - You know. Thanks." 

“I expect you’ll want it in one of those fancy insulated cups won’t you?” The Chimeran sighs frustratedly pouring the hot tea into a thermos, “Hrmphh, here you are. Wranquen? You mean Mr. Rainlight? One of the board members that manages the hall.”

56 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

“I expect you’ll want it in one of those fancy insulated cups won’t you?” The Chimeran sighs frustratedly pouring the hot tea into a thermos

"That'd be great - Thanks!" 

57 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

“Wranquen? You mean Mr. Rainlight? One of the board members that manages the hall.”

"Wait, Wranquen Rainlight is on the board? What's he doing here? No offence - I just mean, half the companies in the Arm'd love to have him on, so. . . Why here, of all places? Again, no offence." 
Yelana glanced over her shoulder at the Missionboard. 
"Ah, shit - I've got to go. Can you set up a meeting with him for me when I get back? I'd like to chat." 
Yelana grabbed her tea and hurried out of the Hall. 

41 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"That'd be great - Thanks!" 

"Wait, Wranquen Rainlight is on the board? What's he doing here? No offence - I just mean, half the companies in the Arm'd love to have him on, so. . . Why here, of all places? Again, no offence." 
Yelana glanced over her shoulder at the Missionboard. 
"Ah, shit - I've got to go. Can you set up a meeting with him for me when I get back? I'd like to chat." 
Yelana grabbed her tea and hurried out of the Hall. 

“Umm not really my job, you can always write a letter I suppose.”

Chosen Heroes for Mission 9: He's Dead Jim

• Ronin (Yzalirk)

Please report to Level Three Maintenance Center, ask for Chief Milver. Thank you.

OoC: Mission will be up on Tuesday, Dec. 14th. Thank you for volunteering.

Decker saw the report stream in announcing his selection, and slung his shotgun back over his shoulder. No rest for the wicked and all that jazz...

Aysu pulled a chair out from a table, she had been exploring the station but was ready to people watch in the hall again.

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Aysu pulled a chair out from a table, she had been exploring the station but was ready to people watch in the hall again.

"Fizzling Gummy Bear? Hear there should be a new mission be postin' sometime soon."

F98BAEEE-B385-434D-B694-69BFB37F0F59.jpeg.751cd6d682b5e492073b041276658933.jpeg

Billeck Wallard (played by Wolfpackfan99) 26 year old Male Human

Joined Heroica February 18th, 2022 

Billeck walked into the hall. He paused, surveyed his surroundings, and continued to the bar. He approached Thorvald.

”Good afternoon, sir. I hear this is the establishment for adventurer. Can’t seem to get enough of that these days. The name’s Billeck Wallard.”