Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

[MOC, freebuild] The City wall of Oxenfurt

Lovely MOC!  Great texturing on the paved ground.  The 6 sided tower is terrific.  I like how the buttresses at the corners fit so well.  The stone technique does a great job of looking good and consistent both on the flat parts and where they meet at non-90-degree angles.

Great build.  I really like the texturing of the wall.  The way you did the roadway looks fantastic with the uneven plates and tiles.  The vegetation on the outside looks great too.  Nice brick built flag.  Figs look good, especially the ones with the older torso's.  

This is amazing! Wonderful texture, great attention to detail, and very nicely done with that hexagonal tower.

As I said on Flickr, I really like the shape of this tower!  Something about the hexagon is so pleasing and the smooth way each angle meets is great.  I also love the bright yellow on the foliage outside the wall!

Great to see a GoH build from you again!  Make sure to claim the build for Military on HSS!

I really like the build, especially the proportions since you built to minifig scale.  The realistic height on the town wall and towers, along with the functional crenelations look fantastic.  The brick built flag gives a good sense of motion, too!  You have enough texture and detail in the wall with the dark tan and the headlight bricks on their sides that the wall is interesting and yet not too busy.  I also like the buttresses on the corner of the octagonal tower.  The help with the sense of being round and break up the angles nicely.  Very well done!

On 5/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, jtooker said:

Lovely MOC!  Great texturing on the paved ground.  The 6 sided tower is terrific.  I like how the buttresses at the corners fit so well.  The stone technique does a great job of looking good and consistent both on the flat parts and where they meet at non-90-degree angles.

Thanks!

On 5/7/2021 at 3:04 AM, zoth33 said:

Great build.  I really like the texturing of the wall.  The way you did the roadway looks fantastic with the uneven plates and tiles.  The vegetation on the outside looks great too.  Nice brick built flag.  Figs look good, especially the ones with the older torso's.  

Thank you, much appreciated!

On 5/7/2021 at 4:49 AM, The Stad said:

This is amazing! Wonderful texture, great attention to detail, and very nicely done with that hexagonal tower.

Thanks!

On 5/7/2021 at 4:40 PM, Kai NRG said:

As I said on Flickr, I really like the shape of this tower!  Something about the hexagon is so pleasing and the smooth way each angle meets is great.  I also love the bright yellow on the foliage outside the wall!

Thanks Kai! much appreciated!

On 5/7/2021 at 8:41 PM, Grover said:

Great to see a GoH build from you again!  Make sure to claim the build for Military on HSS!

I really like the build, especially the proportions since you built to minifig scale.  The realistic height on the town wall and towers, along with the functional crenelations look fantastic.  The brick built flag gives a good sense of motion, too!  You have enough texture and detail in the wall with the dark tan and the headlight bricks on their sides that the wall is interesting and yet not too busy.  I also like the buttresses on the corner of the octagonal tower.  The help with the sense of being round and break up the angles nicely.  Very well done!

Yeah, it was about time I did a new build for GOH :p

An awful lot to like here!  Great way to make a hexagon tower, I'm definitely going to have to try it sometime.  Love the flag at the top and the minifig posing too.  Sweet little slice of a castle here. :thumbup: