A collaboration project with the original concept designer Brick-o-Tronic, my "Time Travel Ep.1 Portable Play Set" (instructions downloadable for free) is fully compatible and part of his modular Mobile City line. You can find more cool MC sets over @ rebrickable.com => Mobile City.

Hope you like it.

800x600.png

Play features:

800x565.png

Step by step storage:

800x600.png

Yes, it's Back to the Future and yes, it's Micro Machines - but this time in Lego... nearly endless possibilities ;)

Edited by DoubleBU

That's the concept idea of it, yes. You can use the base and then go from there and build your own ideas that fit into the box. Simple in concept... but also challenging in size.

I absolutely love this! I've got a fairly large Micro Machines collection, it's fun to make some crossover toys like this.

I always loved the Travel City playsets, and I really want Lego to do something like this with either the Disney Storybook adventures or the Harry Potter Hogwarts Moment books style cases. There is so much potential for self-contained little playsets like this. 

Agreed! Those storybooks are a step into that direction, I guess. So it probably depends on the success of those play sets whether Lego will continue with more self-contained sets. Only time (and money) will tell. Until then have fun downloading, building and maybe even expanding Mobile City yourself. Unfortunately I do no longer own any Micro Machines so I can't really tell if they fit into these Lego sets. Would be cool if they did, though...