Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB] The Conquest of Fatu Hiva pt.1

Type: MCRA Outcome

The Count gazed out at the sea, from the Captain's Cabin of the WTC Libertine. 

51021224841_29772c732b_z.jpg

"..and so you're sure, absolutely sure that Corrington is going to war with Oleon over Terraversa?" asked Darby incredulously. 

"Darby, would I ever lie to you?" asked the Count. 

"Not five minutes ago, you literally..." Darby paused. "Well I guess if you believe the lie you're technically not lying, because you believe what you're saying?" He asked, trying to consider the mind-boggling logic the Count employed. 

"Well, either way Darby, you're a pawn in a small game of nations and personalities, and we're raiding Fatu Hiva." Said the count with his usual exuberance. "Also, just FYI, you will probably be tried for war crimes if I am."

Darby briefly considered his life decisions, before quietly concluding the Count was messing with him, though he reminded himself to restock the bag of embezzled money, and fake documents with fresh supplies...

51021224571_7bdc3e626f_z.jpg

A bell on deck clanged. They had arrived. The crew scurried to make preparations for the landing. 

51021326322_40f9517bf2_z.jpg

The Count Strode onto the deck, peered through his spyglass. 

"Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you our prize.... Fatu Hiva..." Said the Count. He paused.

51021224186_fbebbb7c97_z.jpg

"And, may Prometheus grant us strength over these nutcases. Remember, no looting till the town stops shooting!" The WTC marines through up a cheer, and signal flags were waved.

"FIRE!" He shouted

51021325592_55db5f3326_z.jpg

The deck of the WTC Libertine shook, as it's cannons let loose a volley. Across their battle line, the Heavy Cannons of the WTC Blackbird, WTC Icarus Returning, and 7 other ships pounded the Large and Small fort of Fatu Hiva. 

51020493293_e6bb2f7ef2_z.jpg

The Cannon volleys reduced the two forts' batteries into rubble, before their gunners could properly return fire. The WTC's love of destruction was proudly on display. The Count let loose an evil chuckle. "They should have built bigger forts..."

The Count ordered the ships to approach the beaches, and to land men on the beaches. A small gun placement managed to hit the WTC Rising Sun, rendering it helpless, but the Count continued undeterred.

The Count himself boarded a small boat, to the protests of Darby, and soon the WTC had descended upon the beaches...

51021324222_dd13b461e3_z.jpg

On the beach, a different Count emerged, as he called targets, ordering his men forwards...

51020492958_4ac261b164_z.jpg

The Oleanders were tough, but they were outnumbered, and outgunned. A tan tide overwhelmed the beach, and the WTC Marines quickly began to overrun their positions. 

A Soldier drew his cutlass and charged at the Count. A single pistol shot struck him in the forehead, and he slumped over. The Count grinned, and continued his advance forwards. 

51021322637_3a8bbf7f95_z.jpg

The Beach was quickly overwhelmed, as the smell of smoke and blood choked the air. 

51021328052_d375bb6be1_z.jpg

A few holdouts had taken shelter in a small house. With a loud crack, a machete wielding marine crashed through the door. As they raised their muskets, another Marine poked his rifle through the back of the building.

51020496223_3940b69a16_z.jpg

The beach was soon clear of resistance, Oleander Marines retreated up into the city, in a desperate bid to regroup, and defend their settlement.... 

51020496943_fc168ecdd3_z.jpg

To Be Continued....

Thanks for viewing my build! I'm glad to finally wrap this one up. I had a lot of trouble with the WTC Libertine, (Which FYI, is an IC ship only, and not licensed at the moment.), and it still needs some more work, but you can't see it in how the photos are cropped, hopefully. The Fort was inspired by one of Phred's , and the beach scene by one of Ayrlego's builds of villager huts. I had a lot of fun with the beach scenes, though I am a tad disappointed the KPA had the descriptor be "Mostly Bloodless" :pir-skel:.

C&C appreciated, and I'll probably do at least one more of these before moving on to the next project. :shark:

Edited by Mesabi

Interesting story and good photos. I like the way the houses are built. Good idea to use cotton wool for the smoke.