Capn Frank

[OL-FB] Small Fort at The Crown

The Crown will be getting a settlement shortly.  Here is it's first small fort. :cannon:

This was definitely a rip off of Capt. Wolf's design who deserves the credit for the design. :pir-wub: 

Enjoy and thanks for looking. :pir-classic: 

31227543466_aafc887efe_z.jpg

31263699505_90dc34cf3a_z.jpg

31119704172_e0117e2385_z.jpg

Ripoff or not, it's well executed. 

Who's that guy fishing down there! He looks familiar.

That's a real nice fort scene Phred.  It has a nice rough-edged look to it.  I'm curious why it isn't being manned by bluecoats, though I assume your upcoming colony will have a story-line explaining that.

14 hours ago, Phred said:

This was definitely a rip off of Capt. Wolf's design who deserves the credit for the design. :pir-wub: 

Please, steal away! You've put it to great use! You've got a lot of activity in this scene (and I think the crabs with pirate bicorns and weapons would scare off any intruders!). Great job! :thumbup:

Cutting down trees for extra range is a nice idea that would hold the "threats" at bay! Good job, mate! 

Loving this gun emplacement (as I did earlier versions) and the landscaping surrounding it. The use of old yellow, light and dark tan is great, although something about the colours in the photos confuse me. Perhaps the white balance is a bit off? Not sure, though.

The amount of life is very nice too, and I would have choked on my coffee had I been a victim to such vices when I saw those armed crabs! :P

Great first fortification with a great pioneering feel to it. Keep it up!

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:34 AM, kurigan said:

Who's that guy fishing down there! He looks familiar.

He does look familiar. :pir-wink:

He like searching the Oleon Islands for the best fishing spot. :pir-classic:

23 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

It has a nice rough-edged look to it.  I'm curious why it isn't being manned by bluecoats, though I assume your upcoming colony will have a story-line explaining that.

This is the farthest colony for Oleon.  With recent concerns of Eslandola's actions, Oleon is looking to quickly fortify their island holdings to prevent further actions on Oleon soil.  Hopefully the crown will send troop and begin construction of a proper fort in the near future. :cannon:

16 hours ago, Bregir said:

although something about the colours in the photos confuse me. Perhaps the white balance is a bit off? Not sure, though.

It's my camera. My limited photo editing skills haven't figured out how to fix images like this. :pir-look:

On 11/27/2016 at 9:04 PM, Phred said:

Shiver me timbers, pirating fort designs.  Nice build and scene.  :pir-classic:

Unless he's found inner peace, if that the same old SOB I'm thinking of, fishing's not all he'll be up to in those particular waters. In fact anything in a blue coat ought to be careful of dark alleys and blind corners, of you catch my meaning. Last I heard of him he had developed a strong distaste for the fashion along with a strange aversion for pastries...  :sceptic:

Amagad! How could i miss that! This has such a classic feeling. It almost looks like an old set indeed with tons of minifigs!!! And i DEFINITELY love the crab "militia"!!! They are so cute and deadly!!