Hi all! Over the last week or two I've been working on a project that continues the spirit of Adventurers and Orient Express in a modern form. I present.. The Lost Temple! It's supposed to be a temple that's been lost to time and has been overtaken by trees and plant-life. A giant tree has grown in the middle of the main temple and split the building, which was fun to design. The river on the left is built using depth techniques found in the Ninjago City range. The waterfall, bridge, and elephant were some of my favorite to design. Using the Unikitty tail pieces for the roofing was also a fun idea!

Lost Temple

This is a shot of the back of the set. It features a bottom level with a kind of tomb for a past chief, another level with a dining room, ancient art in the back, and armor, and then a final top level with a throne and decorations. 

Lost Temple 4

The set is also on Lego Ideas - feel free to support if you'd like. https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:8146d09a8183474b830aff9a26b54804

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

Edited by MasterofElements
Incorrect links

This is a great tribute to my favorite Lego theme! Really appreciate the Adventurers love. I know how much something like this would have interested me as a kid because I built lots of ruins for Johnny Thunder to explore myself, and this is kind of how they looked in my mind, haha.

I think the curving shape with the river and bridge both at an angle is my favorite thing about this design. The river is a nice callback to the days of raised baseplates, but somehow putting the bridge at angle makes it more immersive when I look at it than those old sets. 

Love the Adventurers. All of the little nooks and crannies here are so fun! Solid looking build and vibrant scene - great job.

This is incredible! Really unique array of colours and strong Orient Express vibes. I'm going to create an Ideas account (haven't used it since it was Cuusoo) to support :)

On 2/11/2021 at 3:15 PM, caiman0637 said:

Amazing! Supported!

13 hours ago, TheAbsoluteSt81 said:

This is incredible! Really unique array of colours and strong Orient Express vibes. I'm going to create an Ideas account (haven't used it since it was Cuusoo) to support :)

Thank you so much for the support! I appreciate it and I'm glad the OE vibes are there. It was definitely an inspiration of mine!