Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Basically yes. Star Wars is repetetive overprized and Superheroes is just trash in terms of build design. After Lord of the Rings retired this theme brought my attention back to Lego

This is also where I stand in regards to licenced themes and the action themes being dominated by Ninjago and it's clones there's not much to keep my interest other than HP.

Obviously, not everyone has time to keep up with this thread so I‘ll quickly summarise what we know so far:

• The first red flag was a post on Falconfan‘s IG story, where someone asked him what this wave would include apart from DH sets, to which he replied with „Who said anything about DH?“ (slightly paraphrased)
  • Then, Guyon advised us to „significantly“ lower our expectations after consulting his source.
  • Next, FalconFan said here on EB that we‘d be „in for a shock“, although it‘s unclear whether this concerns just the D2C set or the whole wave :grin:
  • Guyon (semi-jokingly?) then responded to a comment wondering how bad the sets could get with „you‘d be surprised“.
  • Finally, Guyon clarified these warnings are about the discrepancy between our expectations and the real sets and NOT about their actual quality.

After all that, I don‘t think it‘s unreasonable to assume we‘re not getting what we thought we would :sadnew:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

• Finally, Guyon clarified these warnings are about the discrepancy between our expectations and the real sets and NOT about their actual quality.

This one actually made me more calm as I just want this theme to stay at its high standart quality and that doesnt mean that we get exactly what we want. I am ready to be suprised.

Thanks for the summary @Lego-Freak

Now since everyone is speculating then I might as well drop my five cents. 

Best case scenario:The August wave is also anniversary based but no DH sets. 

Worst case scenario:The August wave has no DH sets or anniversary sets but instead it's filled with weird crap no one wanted.For example just imagine a wave filed exclusively with sets similar to the brick build Hedwig,I shudder just thinking about it :sick:

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Worst case scenario:The August wave has no DH sets or anniversary sets but instead it's filled with weird crap no one wanted.For example just imagine a wave filed exclusively with sets similar to the brick build Hedwig,I shudder just thinking about it :sick:

Add some remakes of sets from 2018 and 2019 and its perfect worst case scenario

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

In 2019, we got a regular Star Wars wave in January, a dedicated anniversary wave in April, and a wave for TROS and Mando in October. That worked perfectly fine, so I don‘t see why an anniversary + DH wave would have been an issue. And if that was their thinking, why are they releasing an August wave in the first place? Wouldn‘t the June wave + D2C have been enough then? :shrug_oh_well:

Raw or cooked? @Puresh still hasn‘t eaten their Joyce minifig as far as I‘m aware, so this time I‘m making sure promises are kept :devil:

Star Wars is a REALLY different theme than Harry Potter.

For Harry Potter (usually) we get 2 waves a year - bigger June wave and smaller Aigust wave. There is of course AC in September, but it's a single set. There's also a special January wave this year.

For Star Wars we get around 3-4 waves a year - one in June, one in April / May, one in June / August and if there's a movie, one in September / October. Then there's also AC and 2 UCS sets (usually in May and Autumn).

Quick comparison: in 2020 we got 11 HP sets and 47 SW sets. In 2019 we got 10 HP sets, 61 SW sets. In 2018 we got 13 HP sets, 69 SW sets.

The reason is simple - HP has a limited number of sets per year, and they didn't want 20th anniversary sets to steal DH sets' spotlight. 

As for the hand, however you want it to be prepared. You can choose :moar:

8 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Add some remakes of sets from 2018 and 2019 and its perfect worst case scenario

If I had to choose between the brick built crap and the remakes from 2018/19 then I'd take the latter any day of the week. 

2 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

If I had to choose between the brick built crap and the remakes from 2018/19 then I'd take the latter any day of the week. 

Yes but with brick built crap I dont need to buy it so it saves me money but with remakes I would buy them if they were better than previous version or had some new exclusive minifigures. Remakes are my weakness because I hate the fact that I am buying different version of set I already have but also I just cant help my self.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The reason is simple - HP has a limited number of sets per year, and they didn't want 20th anniversary sets to steal DH sets' spotlight. 

Then what‘s the point of the second wave? :tongue: If they didn‘t want the anniversary wave to outshine the other sets, why even release another wave two months later? Or maybe both waves are anniversary-related as others have suggested :def_shrug:

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As for the hand, however you want it to be prepared. You can choose :moar:

I need to think of a recipe first :devil: And don‘t think I‘ll forget it :moar: 

10 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

[...] brick built crap and the remakes from 2018/19 [...]

I have to admit I‘ve also had my fun with creating horrible prediction lists over the last week or so, but the wave won‘t be THAT bad. In fact, it will probably even be decent (or dare I say GOOD), at least without context.

However, them taking the spot of the DH wave we were all expecting will leave a sour taste, no matter how good the sets are. Subverting expectations is a dangerous game

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yes but with brick built crap I dont need to buy it so it saves me money but with remakes I would buy them if they were better than previous version or had some new exclusive minifigures. Remakes are my weakness because I hate the fact that I am buying different version of set I already have but also I just cant help my self.

I usually don't buy remakes but in the case of HP I don't how I would react but you have a point.With the brick built sets there is a guarantee that I won't be spending any money. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

So I'm guessing the August wave is going to be very similar to the June and be another 'anniversary' wave with sets scattered in there from maybe PS - GOF. Again, if it is I'm not bothered if the set quality is good and DH sets appear later (don't give a new Durmstrang ship soon at your peril though Lego). But as @Guyon2002 said 'You'd be surprised [how bad it could get]', I'm guessing there may be a set in there that's not a minifigure playset and more gimmicky. So here goes with some possibilities:

Buildable Norbert hatching from egg

I never knew I wanted this until I just read your suggestion. :grin_wub:

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

I never knew I wanted this until I just read your suggestion. :grin_wub:

Haha it could either turn out really cute or really scary. 😃

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I have to admit I‘ve also had my fun with creating horrible prediction lists over the last week or so, but the wave won‘t be THAT bad. In fact, it will probably even be decent (or dare I say GOOD), at least without context.

However, them taking the spot of the DH wave we were all expecting will leave a sour taste, no matter how good the sets are. Subverting expectations is a dangerous game

I know I was being overly pessimistic back there but considering how much I value this theme,I'm just trying to lower my expectations so I won't be disappointed with the final result just like I was with LOTR/Hobbit. 

About your comment for subverting expectations, I'm sure alot SW fans will agree with you :grin:

Edited by LOTR34

When I heard about the June anniversary sets I was really blown away because it was like an amazing starter to the (presumed) main course of DH sets. Finding out that they ARE the main course is a little bit disappointing...

Question here is if the anniversary thing necessarily means that we get upgraded modern version of some og set from the past or it can be something new but with golden minifigure (like Ninjago does)... because as I previously mentioned with rumored Hogsmeade its questionable as we got only small bit of it as a part of Shrieking Shack but never full thing if you know what I mean.

Also do you think that anniversary set boxes will get new unique design to separate them from regular HP waves?

Edited by Textorix

7 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

When I heard about the June anniversary sets I was really blown away because it was like an amazing starter to the (presumed) main course of DH sets. Finding out that they ARE the main course is a little bit disappointing...

Alot of us share this feeling but I have to remind everyone that before you draw any final conclusions wait for concrete information about the contents of the August wave. 

Edited by LOTR34

32 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

What would be wrong with a brick built Crookshanks???

He'd look cute with Hedwig!

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Also do you think that anniversary set boxes will get new unique design to separate them from regular HP waves?

I certainly hope so :sweet: A throwback to the 2001 boxart with a modern twist could look excellent

Just now, girlie-site-boots said:

What would be wrong with a brick built Crookshanks???

He'd look cute with Hedwig!

I don't know about that,depending on the build he could look hideous but in general I just don't like brick built sets of this kind. 

Well, I don’t expect to see that we are on Page 73 already! Last time I checked this thread out, I think it was 67 or 68 pages. Keep it up, everyone!

42 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, I don’t expect to see that we are on Page 73 already! Last time I checked this thread out, I think it was 67 or 68 pages. Keep it up, everyone!

Yeah and we are still only speculating with almost zero information. Watch this thread when another leak drops :D

While the brick built Hedwig is a nice looking set it is my least wanted one out of last years wave.   I'm not really a fan of the brick built animals or people either although that baby Yoda is adorable.  The only other one I  still haven't bought is the Forbidden Forest one, Grawp just looks very strange to me.  I do want it for the Centaurs & Umbridge so will buy it eventually when it shows up locally at a discount.

7 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Watch this thread when another leak drops :D

Watch this thread go up in flames once the August set list drops :laugh_hard: ...then again, we should be well prepared by now :shrug_oh_well:

Since there are people who already know set list for august wave, when should we expect it to leak? Could it be a matter of weaks or even days?

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Since there are people who already know set list for august wave, when should we expect it to leak? Could it be a matter of weaks or even days?

Could be days, weeks, or months, nobody knows :purrr: We haven‘t even seen all set lists for June yet :laugh: