Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Not really surprised by the lack of DH sets, not a lot of the set potential from both films. Either too obscure and wouldn’t sell (Malfoy Manor, Godric’s Hollow, Lovegood home) or just flat out boring, I really don’t need another tent set. The only two sets that would do well would be Courtyard Duel/ 2011 FF remake and Gringott’s, the later isn’t even an exclusive DH set.

There isn't yet a confirmed "lack of DH sets". There aren't concrete details about the whole range of set numbers and prices coming in August.

Nothing you list as too obscure is more obscure than the Beauxbaton's Carriage which has already been made and the Durmstrang ship that many people want. Those two both have terribly little screen time and no action on or around them, as compared to the Lovegood House, Malfoy Manor, and even Shell Cottage which have a few exterior shots and prolonged scenes inside. Sure those two are vehicles and LEGO loves vehicles, but they are objectively obscure vehicles. LEGO has also done obscure or relatively unimportant character designs and scenes like the Slug Club party.

A "Tent and Patronus Lake Rescue" set would be of the same ilk of elements of sets we've already gotten like Expecto Patronum, the Grawp set and the First Task. The Ministry could also work as a set at a whole ranges of sizes from a $20 set ala Room of Requirement or something much more elaborate. And of course a Hogwarts Battle set could be as small as the courtyard or a full on Hogwarts section with Bell Towers and part of the bridge.

Bottom line is there's a lot from DH that could be done, and it isn't far afield from what LEGO has already produced in the rebooted HP line since 2018.

34 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

I’m feeling a bridge/courtyard for a possible hogwarts extension. 

Picture this 

£30 bridge. Neville and Scabior and another death eater 

£40 courtyard duel. Harry, Voldemort  perhaps a few dementors, statues and Kingsley and abaforth 

I would actually love something like that. Sometimes simpler is better

I hope for a large Hogwarts section battle set and then something smaller like this as well

44 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

There isn't yet a confirmed "lack of DH sets". There aren't concrete details about the whole range of set numbers and prices coming in August.

Nothing you list as too obscure is more obscure than the Beauxbaton's Carriage which has already been made and the Durmstrang ship that many people want. Those two both have terribly little screen time and no action on or around them, as compared to the Lovegood House, Malfoy Manor, and even Shell Cottage which have a few exterior shots and prolonged scenes inside. Sure those two are vehicles and LEGO loves vehicles, but they are objectively obscure vehicles. LEGO has also done obscure or relatively unimportant character designs and scenes like the Slug Club party.

A "Tent and Patronus Lake Rescue" set would be of the same ilk of elements of sets we've already gotten like Expecto Patronum, the Grawp set and the First Task. The Ministry could also work as a set at a whole ranges of sizes from a $20 set ala Room of Requirement or something much more elaborate. And of course a Hogwarts Battle set could be as small as the courtyard or a full on Hogwarts section with Bell Towers and part of the bridge.

Bottom line is there's a lot from DH that could be done, and it isn't far afield from what LEGO has already produced in the rebooted HP line since 2018.

I know there isn’t a confirmed lack of DH yet, I meant to say I wouldn’t be surprised. My bad. The reason why I believe that the Dumstrang Ship has a better chance than say the Lovegood home  is because of Beauxbaton’s Carriage has been made. If one more obscure vehicle is made, it opens the door for another. Yet we haven’t seen an obscure building be made yet. If 12 Grimmauld Place or the Shrieking Shack was made then sure you could argue that the Lovegood home would have an equal chance as Dumstrang Ship but it hasn’t been made yet. Even The Shrieking Shack which plays a pivotal role in POA hasn’t been made yet.  Anyone of the obscure buildings from DH has no predecessor where the Dumstrang Ship has the Beauxbaton’s Carriage.

Also the obscure vehicles have more play features like the way the Carriage opens up. What play feature does Xenophilius house has, recall the Tale of the Deathly Hallows where Death kills two folks?These sets are still marketed towards kids after all and they’ll take a cool looking vehicle over a dull looking building with zero play features any day of the week. As for the Slug Club attires, we already know that it was a marketing move by Lego to appeal to the female demographic with more party scenes. So that’s a bit different of a situation. 

Yeah I could see a tent as well, but it’s just plain boring. With Patronum we got Sirius Black, 2x Dementors, and the Patronus. Grawp had 2x centaurs, Grawp and an Umbridge. The only cool new thing would be a Doe Patronus but honestly don’t think that’s not going to be enough to warrant a set. 

Edited by RODDY

34 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Anyone of the obscure buildings from DH has no predecessor where the Dumstrang Ship has the Beauxbaton’s Carriage.

What play feature does Xenophilius house has, recall the Tale of the Deathly Hallows where Death kills two folks?These sets are still marketed towards kids after all and they’ll take a cool looking vehicle over a dull looking building with zero play features any day of the week.

Much to my own chagrin, you have a convincing argument about how they have not done the more obscure buildings before. :facepalm:

However, Xenophilius' house could have some neat exploding walls, though it doesn't really need any big play features at all. The other home sets - Privet Drive, the Burrow and Hagrid's Hut - only have some.minor functions. I don't think his house is likely, mind you.

As for the tent, if they made it somehow collapsible and expandable to imply its magical properties, it wouldn't be boring. It could fold up and look like a small tent, and fold out and then look like a bigger tent.

Has anyone considered that they might try and include all of the Horcruxes in the range? I haven't seen it discussed recently. It would be a natural "collect them all" range of items. Some have already been made of course, but the locket, diadem, cup and ring haven't specifically.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Has anyone considered that they might try and include all of the Horcruxes in the range? I haven't seen it discussed recently. It would be a natural "collect them all" range of items. Some have already been made of course, but the locket, diadem, cup and ring haven't specifically.

I've thought the same. Been thinking bout new moulds they might include. We already know Fluffy's head but think that's the only new one mentioned.

Personally hoping for an Elder Wand, Slytherin's Locket (ideally as something new, though I would take the medal piece recoloured), doe patronus.

Might be a rogue one - but also a new mould for Hermione's ponytail/braid during Battle of Hogwarts. Kinda fed up of lego reusing the same short ponytail for so many figures (not just in HP) and it'd be nice to see some variety in hair length.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm fully expecting to see the locket and the cup appear this year, though I'm less certain on the diadem, unless they make another Room of Requirement set.  With it's very limited screentime, the ring would probably have to show up in a future CMF, as there were not any set-worthy scenes with it that I recall.

Speaking of vehicles, perhaps the Hogsmeade set will include the Sleigh McGonagall, Hagrid and Fudge travel on before they enter the three broomsticks, otherwise it'll be a vehicle free wave. 

harry-potter4-movie-screencaps.com-7557.

6 hours ago, RODDY said:

If 12 Grimmauld Place or the Shrieking Shack was made then sure you could argue that the Lovegood home would have an equal chance as Dumstrang Ship but it hasn’t been made yet. Even The Shrieking Shack which plays a pivotal role in POA hasn’t been made yet.  Anyone of the obscure buildings from DH has no predecessor where the Dumstrang Ship has the Beauxbaton’s Carriage.

With the Shrieking Shack being a pivotal location in PoA and DH and popping up several other times throughout the series I wouldn't necessarily say it's an "obscure location".

6 hours ago, RODDY said:

Yeah I could see a tent as well, but it’s just plain boring. With Patronum we got Sirius Black, 2x Dementors, and the Patronus. Grawp had 2x centaurs, Grawp and an Umbridge. The only cool new thing would be a Doe Patronus but honestly don’t think that’s not going to be enough to warrant a set. 

Have you considered that they could combine the Doe scene with the Snatcher chase? I'd buy that in a heartbeat, unlike a Durmstrang ship.

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yeah that has been brought up many times before. LEGO loves spreading collectable items out over several sets so it's likely they'll do the same here.

6 hours ago, RODDY said:

What play feature does Xenophilius house has, recall the Tale of the Deathly Hallows where Death kills two folks?

Yeah, it‘s pretty hard to argue against that, the Lovegoods‘ house is really much more obscure than any other building they‘ve released so far :shrug_oh_well: However, I still think the Tale of the Three Brothers would make for a great GWP :purrr:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah that has been brought up many times before. LEGO loves spreading collectable items out over several sets so it's likely they'll do the same here.

I‘d love that, but as @spiderfan2000 points out, some of the Horcruxes are easier to include than others. Then again, when has this sort of issue ever stopped TLG :laugh: Just throw Gaunt’s ring in the Gringotts set where it can double as a random ring and the diadem in a Battle of Hogwarts set and call it a day :tongue:

I mean it seems pretty logical that August wave (with only 5 sets) will be either fully DH based or 1-6 based.

It's not like they'd make a mix with 3 DH sets and 2 other sets. Go big or go home.

1 minute ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Impatient I know but when do we think we'll have set names for the August wave? 

Unknown but be prepared to wait a while.

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘d love that, but as @spiderfan2000 points out, some of the Horcruxes are easier to include than others. Then again, when has this sort of issue ever stopped TLG :laugh: Just throw Gaunt’s ring in the Gringotts set where it can double as a random ring and the diadem in a Battle of Hogwarts set and call it a day :tongue:

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence (which it probably is), but after excluding Diary and Harry (pretty logical why), there are 5 Horcruxes left - just as there are 5 sets left.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence (which it probably is), but after excluding Diary and Harry (pretty logical why), there are 5 Horcruxes left - just as there are 5 sets left.

Diary is in the CMF 2 set...

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nagini is also a Horcrux which we got in CMF series 1. So there's actually only 4 left. Ring, Cup, Locket and Diadem. 

20 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Nagini is also a Horcrux which we got in CMF series 1. So there's actually only 4 left. Ring, Cup, Locket and Diadem. 

*Pedant alert* Actually, Marvolo Gaunt‘s ring is the only one truly missing since the other three were included in the Hogwarts D2C. Sure, the cup was a regular ol‘ cup and the other two were just prints, but still :head_back:

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

*Pedant alert* Actually, Marvolo Gaunt‘s ring is the only one truly missing since the other three were included in the Hogwarts D2C. Sure, the cup was a regular ol‘ cup and the other two were just prints, but still :head_back:

The trio will just be wearing an entire torso around their neck and find Rowena's severed head in the Room of Hidden Things :oh:

1 hour ago, KA1 said:

Diary is in the CMF 2 set...

So? That's exactly what I said, why would you include Diary in DH sets if it doesn't even appear in DH?

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

*Sigh*

Harry couldn't be a collectible in DH sets as he'll appear in all of them.

Diary doesn't appear in DH as a Horcrux, so it also wouldn't make sense.

The rest of the Horcruxes not only appear in that movie, but are also destroyed in it.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Have you considered that they could combine the Doe scene with the Snatcher chase? I'd buy that in a heartbeat, unlike a Durmstrang ship.

That could be quite a fun set: the tent, a tree, some kind of build to represent the lake, the doe patronus and then 4/5 figures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Greyback and the main Snatcher with the eye liner. There could even be some sort of shadow exploding element for when the Locket gets destroyed. 

Personally if there is a small DH set I'm holding out for a Hagrid's motorbike build with 2 masked Death Eaters on brooms, even though I've got no idea what a good sidebuild could be for a set like that :look:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, it‘s pretty hard to argue against that, the Lovegoods‘ house is really much more obscure than any other building they‘ve released so far :shrug_oh_well: However, I still think the Tale of the Three Brothers would make for a great GWP :purrr:

The tale of the three Brothers could be released in a second wave of Hogwarts moments books as the literal book "Tales of beedle the bard" with the three brothers as minifigs. Although a pop-up styled book would be even better.

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The tale of the three Brothers could be released in a second wave of Hogwarts moments books as the literal book "Tales of beedle the bard" with the three brothers as minifigs. Although a pop-up styled book would be even better.

While I'm sure we'd all love that and the stuff LEGO has made over the years has gotten a lot darker I really don't see them doing such a set. You know, with the physical embodiment of death and all that.

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The trio will just be wearing an entire torso around their neck and find Rowena's severed head in the Room of Hidden Things :oh:

:laugh_hard:

20 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Personally if there is a small DH set I'm holding out for a Hagrid's motorbike build with 2 masked Death Eaters on brooms, even though I've got no idea what a good sidebuild could be for a set like that :look:

That‘s what I‘m hoping for too, but I admit the lack of good side builds is an issue since the smallest set is still 30€... Maybe a power line for Voldy to yell at? :laugh: Or a random car, TLG loves those after all :tongue: