Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

New Elementary posted an article on the new pieces, recolors and prints coming in the 4 main June sets. Here are the things I particulary find worth noting: 
- Fluffy's heads are completely hollow and open from the bottom.
- With the total of 14 Chocolate Frog Cards NE got only 9 of them were unique, even the Bathroom (which only has 2 Cards) had duplicates. This means they're definitely 100% random.
- NE calls the unidentified Potions bottle a Lovepotion, though I don't think this is correct.
- The Acid Pop jar is printed on both sides.
- The Honeydukes windows are stickered. 
- Sinistra's alternate expression has her wearing glasses, looks very similar to the 2021 McGonagall head.

https://www.newelementary.com/2021/05/june-2021-lego-harry-potter-parts-review.html

46 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

FYI the Butterbeer mug from the CMF is available for purchase at Bricks and Pieces 

Is that supposed to be a licensed part that we are unable to purchase from B&P?

Interesting info that I've missed.

So it's not Scrimgeour it's Mr Borgin. Well that does make more sense and fits into the Diagon Alley theme much better.

Idk if the figure really looks like him though.

But as someone who's a fan of the Chamber of Secrets and its deleted scenes I'm happy he's getting a minifigure. Now I just hope we see Ernie MacMillan in a set/pack.

Looking at some reviews of the Chamber of Secrets set really cements my thoughts that this one is ridiculously overpriced, like by a good 20 to 30 euro :hmpf: This set definitely needs some big discounts.

Here are the chocolate frog cards I got, only 8 unique:

51179813882_eced325727_z.jpg

Yes the Fluffy heads are hollow so this had to be done!

51181576750_ed1591f1f4_z.jpg

By US pricing I don't think the Chamber of Secrets is overpriced, but that's my only real frame of reference. The US price for it is the same as 2010's 4842, and I think this is the better set. The EUR price looks to be 10 higher.

8 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Here are the chocolate frog cards I got, only 8 unique:

By US pricing I don't think the Chamber of Secrets is overpriced, but that's my only real frame of reference. The US price for it is the same as 2010's 4842, and I think this is the better set. The EUR price looks to be 10 higher.

New elementary reported an issue with the instruction book of 76388 at the end. On page with the list of the pieces was missing. Did you had the same issue?

9 minutes ago, Xcube said:

New elementary reported an issue with the instruction book of 76388 at the end. On page with the list of the pieces was missing. Did you had the same issue?

Oh yeah, now that I look at it, stuff definitely is missing.

There's also a misprint on every single Chocolate Frog page. As you can see in my image above: they use the Ollivander image for Ollivander and Rowena Ravenclaw.

3 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Oh yeah, now that I look at it, stuff definitely is missing.

There's also a misprint on every single Chocolate Frog page. As you can see in my image above: they use the Ollivander image for Ollivander and Rowena Ravenclaw.

Thank you for the information. It seems they are getting a bit sloppy. I hope, that they can fix this issues as soon as possible.

I'm kind of against Nicolas Flamel being one of the chocolate frog cards because part of Philosopher's Stone is Harry only seeing his name on Dumbledore's card and that's the only place they can find information on him

I'm having a look on Bricks and Pieces (UK) and here's some pieces you might want to know are available:

McGonnagals hair/hat piece

Snapes hair

Charms moment book: Flitwick's torso, Chos torso, and one of the book pieces.

Burrow set: Arthur's torso, fenrie's torso.

Dementor 'leg' piece

Cornelius Fudge's head

Centaur hair

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Hey, I haven't seen anyone here mention this yet, but zusammengebaut is reporting that the 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets will be a lego S@H exclusive here in Germany and apparently at least in some of continental Europe for the first couple of months (kicking off yet another wave of anti-lego whinging; the German speaking fandom is fairly toxic :sceptic:) despite being able to preorder it for several weeks now. Current release date in retail stores is the 2. August; the lego S@H still has the 1. June listed. So the chances of picking it up cheaper elsewhere (initially) just tanked. :oh3: 

I'd be curious to hear if other areas are seeing this happen as well, or if our aforementioned toxicity is having an effect on prioritisation. :look:

The updated article on zusammengebaut.com mentions that even the shop@home release of 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets will be postponed to the end of July (27th I think) due to a production error/issue and since the sets for Europe are all produced at the same factory, this should affect all countries in Europe at least (not just Germany). Since @Clone OPatra already mentioned the printing errors and missing pages in the instruction pages, I wonder if they had further quality assurance issues during the production of that set that led to this delay. Lego should be more proactive in this case and issue a press release fast. I know that sometimes the discussion on German Lego sites can be considered "toxic", but in this case (if the set is suddenly postponed two weeks before it's intended release) a slight uproar of the buyers and retailers is justified in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

51181576750_ed1591f1f4_z.jpg

But I need to know, which ones are Harry, Ron and Hermione? :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The updated article on zusammengebaut.com mentions that even the shop@home release of 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets will be postponed to the end of July (27th I think) due to a production error/issue and since the sets for Europe are all produced at the same factory, this should affect all countries in Europe at least (not just Germany). Since @Clone OPatra already mentioned the printing errors and missing pages in the instruction pages, I wonder if they had further quality assurance issues during the production of that set that led to this delay. Lego should be more proactive in this case and issue a press release fast. I know that sometimes the discussion on German Lego sites can be considered "toxic", but in this case (if the set is suddenly postponed two weeks before it's intended release) a slight uproar of the buyers and retailers is justified in my opinion.

Yes, an unregistered user (Der Dennis) commented that the issue 1) was global and 2) included the S@H, remains to be seen if it's true. (After last year's king wotsit brouhaha, I've grown more cautious. :wink:) Thursday onwards has been a bank holiday here and in Denmark, so I think they weren't available to comment. The timing when the news broke was unfortunate, I'm sure they'll release something Monday. 

As to the slight uproar, I agree with you on that score (in particular I imagine it won't be fun for the shop owners having to explain this to the disappointed customers), but the tone was immediately one of 'lego is doing this out of pure greed' etc, which is a ridiculous leap given the facts at hand. A little benefit of the doubt and kinder dispositions really wouldn't go amiss. 

2 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

But I need to know, which ones are Harry, Ron and Hermione? :laugh:

You can tell based on the wand colours :wink:

Has no one still shown the exterior of all the sets put together? 

17 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

As to the slight uproar, I agree with you on that score (in particular I imagine it won't be fun for the shop owners having to explain this to the disappointed customers), but the tone was immediately one of 'lego is doing this out of pure greed' etc, which is a ridiculous leap given the facts at hand. A little benefit of the doubt and kinder dispositions really wouldn't go amiss. 

Yes but at first (when these comments were written) the article said that the delay would be only for the retailers and that on shop@home the set would release at June 1st, which it seems now, is inaccurate. From that view it is understandable that some thought it was unfair to normal retailers, if the flagship set of the anniversary wave suddenly remains exclusive to shop@home.

Concerning the press release. I think a global company on the scale of Lego shouldn't be affected in its operations due to a local, ancient bank holiday. They have employees all over the world which are working. Also Lego posted a social media teaser for the Daily Bugle today and furthermore I don't think that the production error was only discovered on Thursday. Otherwise that would be even more alarming for Lego, judging by a quality assurance perspective, because that would mean they had missed that error completely and it was only discovered because of LAN members reviewing the set. I also hope that the actual production error that caused this delay is not just the missprinted instruction pages... Because this mistake isn't really that grave and I would rather be able to buy the set in June than wait for two months for them to fix the printing error on instruction pages I look at once or never. They could fix that with the production cycle going forward and offering a downloadable chocolate frog collection page or poster. But if the set misses some parts or some of the minifig prints are off, that would justify a delay.

Edited by Metanoios91

I know people were getting mad at a poster claiming LEGO is doing a bit of a “cash grab”, but can we not all admit now that this Chocolate Frog Card gimmick is complete bull$hit? Why are you putting collectible “Cards” in $120 sets? AND they’re random, so there’s no guarantee you’re even going to get them all. It’s the definition of a cash grab.

Edited by Modal

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

I know people were getting mad at a poster claiming LEGO is doing a bit of a “cash grab”, but can we not all admit now that this Chocolate Frog Card gimmick is complete bull$hit? Why are you putting collectible “Cards” in $120 sets? AND they’re random, so there’s no guarantee you’re even going to get them all. It’s the definition of a cash grab.

I think the cash grab isn't necessarily the Chocolate Frog Cards but that they're doing these Cards and the Golden figures. 

9 minutes ago, Modal said:

The idea with the cards is nice, but the implementation is terrible in my opinion. The randomness and the thing that right now the cheapest way to get more is a 20 euro set is not well chosen.

12 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think the cash grab isn't necessarily the Chocolate Frog Cards but that they're doing these Cards and the Golden figures. 

But wouldn't an either-or-situation be even worse. If they only did the random chocolate frog cards and not the golden figures at all, some would still moan the randomness of the cards. But the golden figures are a bonus, that you are for sure getting with each set. The infinity stones forced you to buy the whole wave initially, only to be almost all in one relatively cheap set (compared to the whole wave). I think for those that are financially challenged right now, it is adivsable just to wait a bit and maybe the cards will be more easily available (maybe even bricks and pieces or a cheap set). The Marvel example shows that collectable items often become more easily available if you just wait long enough.

Edited by Metanoios91

Well I ordered some stuff off Bricks and Pieces. In the end nothing from any HP sets, but I got some pieces from an Xtras set to make streetlamps to go with the knight bus/privet drive.

(and I got the pieces to make Eleven from Stranger Things and Emilia Earhart.)

32 minutes ago, Modal said:

I'm not a completist, so I won't waste money/time running over missing cards or missing golden minifigs.

But someone wanting to complete golden minifigs collection is sure, at least, that buying specific sets he will have every minifigs. While for cards you are not certain about it. Lego's decision of celebrating an anniversary trying to make you buy more copies of the same set just for completing you collection is something that really disappoint me.

And we're not talking about buying more copies of a single minifigure (3,99€, here in Italy), but more copies of, this is the cheaper set, Polijuice Potion (19,99€,). And maybe even buying more of this you won't find all of them...

I feel I'm being so negative on the sets, but man I wish Hogsmeade was bigger. The set is well done for what it is, but it really needed to be $150 or so to actually look like an AFOL-quality display. As it is it kinda just looks like a miniature 

29 minutes ago, Modal said:

I feel I'm being so negative on the sets, but man I wish Hogsmeade was bigger. The set is well done for what it is, but it really needed to be $150 or so to actually look like an AFOL-quality display. As it is it kinda just looks like a miniature 

If you want a better quality builds, I think the elf club house 10275 and the gingerbread house 10267 both fit nicely into a Hogsmeade MOC. 

I am really jealous now... Marvel D2C set is what Harry Potter one should have been. Huge minifigure scale building (Hogwarts, Diagon Alley or something else) with like 20 minifigures and not some lame buildable objects. 

Edited by Textorix

3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm kind of against Nicolas Flamel being one of the chocolate frog cards because part of Philosopher's Stone is Harry only seeing his name on Dumbledore's card and that's the only place they can find information on him

Well Harry did not have his card, but it do not mean that it did not exsist :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Modal said:

1 hour ago, Xcube said:

The idea with the cards is nice, but the implementation is terrible in my opinion. The randomness and the thing that right now the cheapest way to get more is a 20 euro set is not well chosen.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

I'm not a completist, so I won't waste money/time running over missing cards or missing golden minifigs.

But someone wanting to complete golden minifigs collection is sure, at least, that buying specific sets he will have every minifigs. While for cards you are not certain about it. Lego's decision of celebrating an anniversary trying to make you buy more copies of the same set just for completing you collection is something that really disappoint me.

And we're not talking about buying more copies of a single minifigure (3,99€, here in Italy), but more copies of, this is the cheaper set, Polijuice Potion (19,99€,). And maybe even buying more of this you won't find all of them...

If people that want all the cards are so stupid that they think the only option is to buy more copies of the sets they already got then let them :hmpf:
I am sure kids will swap them whit their friends, but we can just buy them of BL and would not surprise me if they turn up on B&P also, or just do like the kids and swap them with other collectors :shrug_oh_well: