Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Well Gon and Germione are obvious but they don't sound that catchy :tongue:

*ding* *ding* *ding* WE HAVE A WINNER!

Oh no it’s the otter jokes all over again...

6 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

As for the board game comment with the Advent calendar, I'm wondering if it means a chess board? That makes sense with Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone being the theme.

I was just about to make the same comment. I think the “board game” comment got lost in translation from the original leak. I imagine it means we are going to get a few wizard chess piece builds to recreate the Chessboard Challenge scene in Sorcerer’s Stone.

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I think the “board game” comment got lost in translation from the original leak. 

It didn't, the board game is supposed to be an added feature to the calendar. My guess would be that the AC's usual backdrop serves as a board where you can place the minifigs and builds for a game à la Orient Expedition :classic:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It didn't, the board game is supposed to be an added feature to the calendar. My guess would be that the AC's usual backdrop serves as a board where you can place the minifigs and builds for a game à la Orient Expedition :classic:

No reason the “board game” feature couldn’t be the Chessboard Challenge as we suggested. My guess is that there is going to be some connection between this feature and Wizard’s Chess / the Chessboard Challenge

The Hogwarts Castle set honestly sounds perfect. Another Lockhart, Tom Riddle, a hopefully better Basilisk, and Goldemort??? Take my money already

Edited by hvader

Fluffy!!! Brick built with molded heads? Yes please! The old Fuffy set remains one of my all time favorites so this will be a must have. I'm also very happy it's an affordable set, $40 sounds perfect. Fluffy is definitely one of my favorite fantastic beasts, I was always disappointed we never heard or saw much about him after the first book. Imagine if Hagrid had Fluffy during the battle of Hogwarts...

Anyway, the Chamber of Secrets set sounds awesome too, I'll have to see pictures, especially of the Basilisk. I always regretted missing out on the old one. 

I frankly don't care at all about the golden figures but they're a nice bonus I guess.

Edited by ToaDraco

26 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I frankly don't care at all about the golden figures but they're a nice bonus I guess.

Me too, I am really not a fan of pearl gold :def_shrug:

27 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Keep them in good shape and maybe they'll be worth something someday :shrug_oh_well:

The minifig line-up once again shows how different this reboot is compared to all the previous incarnations. The first one failed to include any students that weren't from Gryffindor or Slytherin, the second one ignored A LOT of crucial characters (teachers, members of the order, muggles) and in the third one, we get characters like Bozo, Florean Fortescue, and Mr and Mrs Flume :head_back: Third time's the charm, I guess :shrug_oh_well:

I dont want to brag but since the summer I was asking for a CoS and the Fluffy scene :DDDDD

I think they are really essential

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Keep them in good shape and maybe they'll be worth something someday :shrug_oh_well:

No chance, unless they only appear in a given random number of sets I can’t see them gaining much more value than regular figures, albeit those that obviously only ever appear in one set

2 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

No chance, unless they only appear in a given random number of sets I can’t see them gaining much more value than regular figures, albeit those that obviously only ever appear in one set

Then you obviously don't know the value of Lego minifigures, especially the "special" ones.

I remain on the fence about most of these sets. I hope that what some people seem to be saying is correct and that the switch away from the ‘regular’ hogwart expansion sets is just temporary for this anniversary line up. That being said, I’m super pleased about the minifigure line-up and will be getting the Hogsmead set day one, as I love these alternative location sets!

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Then you obviously don't know the value of Lego minifigures, especially the "special" ones.

I guess time will tell... what I mean is that there are very few minifigures outside of the comic-con exclusives that end up reaching any significant prices and that with modern set distribution numbers these aren’t ever as ‘exclusive’ as we’d like to think. But hey, we can all keep them in a safe for 50 years and we may be happily surprised!

Edited by TheInvisibleMan
Typo

Do you think the chamber of secrets can be combined with the existing hogwarts expansions

I just realized that Colin Creevy is the COS and I’m through the roof! He’s probably my favorite minor character so it’s great he gets an appearance in here. 

HOGSMEADE! YAY! 

I'm really looking forward to this set. How many else think this may look REALLY good as an informal addition to the Winter Village subtheme, especially with the snow added to the set? Hope it fits well and isn't too small. 

So is North America actually going to get these sets in June along with the rest of the world or are we going to have to wait until August again like last year.  Lucky for me there are no new Ideas sets coming that I want other than the Globe, so more $ available for all the Harry Potter sets.  I was just imagining the Girl's bathroom set yesterday that was mentioned in the formerly debunked spoof article and now we are actually getting it.  Looking forward to seeing how they build the sink system.  I can't wait to see actual pictures of all these sets but I'll definitely be buying them all. I hope we are actually getting Crabbe & Goyle hair pieces instead of Harry & Ron hair again unless they give us both.

There should be at least one more figure in the Advent Calendar since they only listed 5.  Of course it might be a Chess piece.  It would be awesome if they somehow had Ron riding on the Knight's Horse like in the movie.

Sounds all very good! Only the Chambers of secrets set I'm not convinced about yet. A great hall with tower and Chambers of secrets for only 10 euros more than the 2018 version? How detailed is it then compared to that version, waiting for the images tot see what its like.

Even if these sets are only meant to connect to each other and not the rest of previous expansions, there’s no reason why we wouldn’t be able make it work. That’s ultimately the point of lego after all. Get creative, modify it, and it’ll look great with the existing sets

13 minutes ago, Juve said:

Do you think the chamber of secrets can be combined with the existing hogwarts expansions

I was wondering that too, would certainly boost sales if it could be. Particularly for kids who have the existing sets 

I’m a bit bummed Hogsmeade is only $80. Honestly I don’t know how you can have two display buildings for $40 each. I mean Privet Drive alone I feel is the minimum for one building and that alone is $70. I’m worried Hogsmeade is going to look like more a cheap playset 

15 minutes ago, Juve said:

Not in it's default version, will require some (heavy) modding.

5 minutes ago, Modal said:

I’m a bit bummed Hogsmeade is only $80. Honestly I don’t know how you can have two display buildings for $40 each. I mean Privet Drive alone I feel is the minimum for one building and that alone is $70. I’m worried Hogsmeade is going to look like more a cheap playset 

Don't think you'll have to worry about that.