Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Nick unassembled said:

Sets have been officially revealed on the last Thursday of April for the past 2 years now. I have no insider information but I'm expecting the same this year which would mean an April 29th official reveal. 

Last year they were revealed on the 28 of April, a Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, Textorix said:

AYeah me too, I dont wanna be in fear that it turns out to be buildable something for like next two months...

Do you want a pre-assembled set or somethin‘? :tongue:

Jk, I know what you mean :head_back: I think we got confirmation sometime in summer. Of course we were certain about the D2C set being Diagon Alley a lot earlier than that, but that was mostly fueled by false rumours. I remember that Falconfan made a countdown on IG which confirmed what the set was (which annoyed some people because they expected more info out of the announcement, but at that point no reliable leaker had confirmed the rumours yet)

I seem to remember to one of the very first, if not the first Diagon Alley reveal ( and of course I might be wrong here ) was from a Lego store employee .. the pictures had backgrounds that resembled a stock room or back room in a store rather than someone’s home. I remember thinking Lego did a pretty good job of  keeping it under wraps for as long as they did 👍🏼

46 minutes ago, Modal said:

How early did we hear about Diagon Alley?

12th April

I think by May we will know what D2C is

If the sets are expected to be officially revealed in a couple of weeks does that mean we can expect to see the full complement of figures before then?

54 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Do you want a pre-assembled set or somethin‘? :tongue:

Oh I meant like brickbuild :laugh:

For those who still aren't sure. In the background of this image (between the two sides of chess pieces) you can see the columns that are behind the Golden Snape minifig. We can safely assume that he'll come with the chess set. In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, when the Trio enter the  Wizard's Chess room, the remnants of Professor Quill's chess match can be  seen around the edge of the room. :

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

Last year they were revealed on the 28 of April, a Tuesday.

You're right, I'll change my expectations to anywhere from the 27th to 29th. 2 days closer!:)

Stonewars.de wrote they will do an update article on the Harry Potter 2021 rumors later today or tomorrow. Perhaps they have new information to tell as well. 

Lets hope so

5 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Stonewars.de wrote they will do an update article on the Harry Potter 2021 rumors later today or tomorrow. Perhaps they have new information to tell as well. 

Lets hope so

Nah, probably just a summary of „our“ rumours :laugh:

1 hour ago, Mordarch said:

For those who still aren't sure. In the background of this image (between the two sides of chess pieces) you can see the columns that are behind the Golden Snape minifig. We can safely assume that he'll come with the chess set. In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, when the Trio enter the  Wizard's Chess room, the remnants of Professor Quill's chess match can be  seen around the edge of the room. :

Hate to play devil's advocate but is that actual proof? Lego has stuck background images behind sets which aren't necessarily the correct location before? 

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nah, probably just a summary of „our“ rumours :laugh:

Gotta stay positive! You never know

Just now, Ringwraith said:

Hate to play devil's advocate but is that actual proof? Lego has stuck background images behind sets which aren't necessarily the correct location before? 

Well, 4 out of 6 are definitely accurate, so it‘s not unreasonable to assume the remaining two are too :classic: Especially since we know that the backgrounds correspond to two rumoured sets

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, 4 out of 6 are definitely accurate, so it‘s not unreasonable to assume the remaining two are too :classic: Especially since we know that the backgrounds correspond to two rumoured sets

Ah then forgive my cynicism. I kinda assumed they'd just chosen some nice Medieval, Harry Potter looking backgrounds 

Is it possible that both Gold Quirrel and Gold Snape will come in June and not in August?

Or Lego simply put their images as a teaser for August sets?

22 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Oh no, nothing is definitive until Lego officially confirms it. I do think if they weren't going to tease it like this (every figure with a background from the scene their set is based on) they would've just put each of them on the same background. At least something more aesthetically pleasing.

Some people were clamouring for Bellatrix‘ hairpiece in dark brown, right? Well, looks like you got your wish: the upcoming Friends set will include exactly that, as evidenced by a leaked Janice minifig :laugh:

Thanks, Mordach. I was pretty sure it must be arches and not chess pieces behind him. :classic:

Oh, I just love this Lego series. Especially my beloved Snape. He's just adorable. Only Bellatrix is not in my collection yet, but soon she will be.

Edited by EvaWill

35 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some people were clamouring for Bellatrix‘ hairpiece in dark brown, right? Well, looks like you got your wish: the upcoming Friends set will include exactly that, as evidenced by a leaked Janice minifig 

As in people wanted to use dark brown for Bellatrix? 

53 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some people were clamouring for Bellatrix‘ hairpiece in dark brown, right? Well, looks like you got your wish: the upcoming Friends set will include exactly that, as evidenced by a leaked Janice minifig :laugh:

:O I need that.

Edited by Otherworld

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

YeahI'lll get myself one of those to see if it looks better.

Oh no, nothing is definitive until Lego officially confirms it. I do think if they weren't going to tease it like this (every figure with a background from the scene their set is based on) they would've just put each of them on the same background. At least something more aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah I just had another look at the pictures, but now I can see that all the background images are from their relevant sets except Ron and Hermione. Ron looks like he's standing in front of the Educational decrees from the OoP and Hermione I've no idea :shrug_oh_well:  

28 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Yeah I just had another look at the pictures, but now I can see that all the background images are from their relevant sets except Ron and Hermione. Ron looks like he's standing in front of the Educational decrees from the OoP and Hermione I've no idea :shrug_oh_well:  

Windows behind Ron look incredibly familiar to overall aesthetic of windows from Hosgmede, while Hermione is standing in a dark Hogwarts corridor.

So yes, those images are also relevant to the sets.