Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Does everyone feel a bit better about the August wave now knowing that the D2C could be an actual "playset"? I do. I think having Minifigure-scale sets and expanding the 18+/display sets is a good idea.

I do and cautiously hopeful for the D2C to be some kind of large nice looking set. Definitely seems after this change, I'll be buying more of them. So far, all of them other than the buildable characters. 

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Does everyone feel a bit better about the August wave now knowing that the D2C could be an actual "playset"? I do. I think having Minifigure-scale sets and expanding the 18+/display sets is a good idea.

Completely. A $60 chess set is something I would actually consider getting and regardless of what it is, if the D2C is minifigure scale I think it will end up being good.

What month is the D2C supposed to launch?

Just out of curiosity... these changes are they just a mix up of information that has been clarified or did LEGO literally change their plans?

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I'm much happier that the chess set isn't the $250 set and now as long as its a playset I don't care what the d2c is now. 

Just now, chris6507 said:

Just out of curiosity... these changes are they just a mix up of information that has been clarified or did LEGO literally change their plans?

Given how long set production takes, they can't just shift gears like that, especially when D2C sets are involved. Those can be in development for several years :classic:

1 minute ago, Zepthire said:

What month is the D2C supposed to launch?

I'm interested to know this, too. I'm guessing September like Hogwarts and DA? Maybe with a August pre-release like Hogwarts had?

Wait wait wait what just happened someone explain me in short so I dont have to read all of this

Just now, Textorix said:

Wait wait wait what just happened someone explain me in short so I dont have to read all of this

The Chess Set is now $60 and the D2C will be something we don't know.

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

The Chess Set is now $60 and the D2C will be something we don't know.

Wow that amazing news, I knew $250 for chess playset is crazy. Also how is that even possible? I thought Guyon and Falconfan confirmed it? So they had wrong information? Do they even know what $250 set is?

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

How do you think this would acutally work that Lego would shift a scheduled production cycle for the D2C 5 months before release? Their information was wrong. The leakers listen to hearsay in social media back channels which can easily be misrepresented or incomplete/wrong

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's unknown atm.

This means that you, Falconfan, and Brick Clicker were also in the dark about one of the unrevealed sets, correct? And you probably didn't think much of it because it appeared to be a small set anyway :laugh: That's what I call a good twist

7 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

49 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Where is @BacktoBricks ? Probably building Winnie the Pooh and missing all the drama and fun! :laugh:

I'm here now! Honestly, I go away for a few hours and everything goes topsy turvy lol :laugh:. Not built Winnie the Pooh yet though. The fact that the D2C is not the chess set and now unknown seems good to me. I think a 'proper' chess set could have been a real collectors piece and worth the D2C price, although it would not be my first choice as it would a) Be hard to display and B) I don't play chess, but leakers were suggesting it wasn't quite that grand so the high price did seem a bit off. I'm not saying the D2C is Gringotts (please let it be Gringotts), but it seems more like it could be a playset now.

Just now, Textorix said:

Wow that amazing news, I knew $250 for chess playset is crazy. Also how is that even possible? I thought Guyon and Falconfan confirmed it?

There was a mix up. Professor Trelawney only sees the truth when she looks into her crystal ball sometimes. :shrug_confused:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I refuse to get my hopes up for the set that shall not be named. Nope. Not again. I'm just happy the chess set won't take that much space and can probably be displayed in a regular display cabinet, which is good enough for the time being. I'll just pretend that D2C set doesn't exist until we get more info. Hope only poisons the mind :tongue:

Couldn't agree more.

Why did the brick built Harry and Hermione not get changed? If anything could have been gotten rid without me caring it was that. Fawkes would have been amazing with 900 pieces being able to go into making it. The chess set being shrunk is disappointing but at this point I can really only see it now as an add on to Hogwarts and anniversary style or not that is nice to have because Hogwarts expansions have always been great in the past and with a enormous display piece ruled out a Hogwarts expansion would be my second choice. The designers have never released a set I would truly deem horrible (the carriage from 2019 comes close though which is why I skipped it) so maybe it will turn out nicely. Also, can anyone confirm whether the piece counts are still accurate for the set numbers they go with? A 900 piece chess set/Hogwarts expansion could be great. Can the people with the information share what the $40 or $30 sets were going to be or just whichever one we now know is no longer coming what it was?

🎶So what’d I miss? What did I miss?🎶

Well that’s a relief, and I’m actually interested in the chess set now. Also, no way the d2c is not Gringotts.

Are we blind? Deploy the Gringotts hype again! :D

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Do we already know how many figures are exactly in the Basilisk Set?

10 - Harry, Ginny, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Prof. Sinistra, Prof. Dumbledore, Nearly-Headless Nick and golden Voldemort/Quirrel. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Edited by BrickFunatic

4 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Couldn't agree more.

Why did the brick built Harry and Hermione not get changed? If anything could have been gotten rid without me caring it was that. Fawkes would have been amazing with 900 pieces being able to go into making it. The chess set being shrunk is disappointing but at this point I can really only see it now as an add on to Hogwarts and anniversary style or not that is nice to have because Hogwarts expansions have always been great in the past and with a enormous display piece ruled out a Hogwarts expansion would be my second choice. The designers have never released a set I would truly deem horrible (the carriage from 2019 comes close though which is why I skipped it) so maybe it will turn out nicely. Also, can anyone confirm whether the piece counts are still accurate for the set numbers they go with? A 900 piece chess set/Hogwarts expansion could be great. Can the people with the information share what the $40 or $30 sets were going to be or just whichever one we now know is no longer coming what it was?

The chess set was never the D2C for 250. No downscaling happened. The chess D2C was "fake news".

Edited by Metanoios91

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm here now! Honestly, I go away for a few hours and everything goes topsy turvy lol :laugh:. Not built Winnie the Pooh yet though. The fact that the D2C is not the chess set and now unknown seems good to me. I think a 'proper' chess set could have been a real collectors piece and worth the D2C price, although it would not be my first choice as it would a) Be hard to display and B) I don't play chess, but leakers were suggesting it wasn't quite that grand so the high price did seem a bit off. I'm not saying the D2C is Gringotts (please let it be Gringotts), but it seems more like it could be a playset now.

Ooh welcome to the fun house! :pir-skel:

A few questions:

Will the chess set still have a couple of other areas and attach to Hogwarts?

How was there this kind of an info mixup? 
What store will have it?

Daaaaaamn, that was really unexpected, thought the D2C info was set in stone. I'm OK with the "demotion", although I would've been quite pleased if it was on the same level as that giant Castle chess set, which now is crazy expensive. I kinda wonder now if the finale Hermione and Ron are in it, and the Fluffy set depicts their first encounter (the harp indicates otherwise, but perhaps the retailer wanted exclusive figures in their set - small chance, but who knows)