Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

51 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

76391 - $250 Micro Ministry of Magic

Do we ever even see the exterior of the Ministry? I'm not sure it has enough to it to justify a minifigure scale set at that price, but micro? No chance. 

The Instagram poster responded to me and said the “evidence” he mentioned in the original post was partly based on rumors he had heard and partly based on his own theories. I highly doubt any of these will be true. I cannot imagine a set I would want less than a $250 microscale Ministry of Magic or another Quidditch set.

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I cannot imagine a set I would want less than a $250 microscale Ministry of Magic or another Quidditch set.

How about a $350 microscale Ministry of Magic?

Just some ideas about a cmf

Harry in DH clothes with the resurrection stone

Hermione in DH clothes with a bag

Ron in DH clothes 

Neville in DH clothes with sword

Sirius Black in red robes

Rita Skeeter

Xenophilius

Werewolf Lupin

Alberforth

Tonks with purple hair

Lucius Malfoy with a new cane

Narcissa

Karkaroff

Kreacher

Helena ravenclaw

Crab

Goyle

19 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

How about a $350 microscale Ministry of Magic?

Haha yes. That is a set I can imagine wanting less.

For me, it’s more about the microscale factor and less about the setting. I would love a $80-$120 minifig scale Ministry of Magic.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:16 AM, TheInvisibleMan said:

Well, all that’s left to do now is ignore the fact Lego ever made these sets and hope for the best in august.  ... there’s certainly nothing like a retro set or two to make us realise quite how good we’ve had it in this re-release of the HP theme. I find it very hard to fathom how they could have thought that these were a good idea. I guess we know why the golden figures are included though, as someone at Lego clearly saw what a poor reception these would get!

Yes, the designers designed awful sets, then some higher up said, “let’s put golden minifigs in these to distract from how awful they are.” 

Not everyone hates them. And let’s remember they aren’t final & we haven’t seen what the interiors look like. Maybe tone down the dramatics until the official reveal, guys? I’m actually more happy with the GH set, as it’s really different from the ‘18 one. 

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I hesitate to even share this here, but there is a new “leaker” on Instagram who claims he has “evidence to support” his predictions for the August wave. Has anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts? He is saying:

76391 - $250 Micro Ministry of Magic

76392 - $60 Malfoy Manor

76393 - $120 Diagon Alley Expansion

76394 - $40 Quidditch Pitch 

76395 - $30 Harry / Voldy Final Duel

UPDATE - I’ve asked him to share what “evidence” he has to support this and will share what I hear if/when he gets back to me

nope not true 

49 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Haha yes. That is a set I can imagine wanting less.

For me, it’s more about the microscale factor and less about the setting. I would love a $80-$120 minifig scale Ministry of Magic.

What if...and hear me out...Lego could create the largest set per piece count and most expensive lego set ever produced. It could be 14,000 pieces with a cost of 1000! 

What could this set be? Could it be - a Microscale Wizarding World -- a set somewhat similar to The Hoth playset, but smaller in scale and includes EVERY single place in the Wizarding World as seen in the movies. Azkaban? You got it! Inferi Cave? Most definitely. Tom Riddle's Orphanage?  Definitely! Even the playground from Order of the Phoenix and the attack at the mobile home area in Deathly Hallows! All microscale. Yes, truly a marvelous set to behold. :wink:

33 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

nope not true 

Praise be! Thanks for settling my nerves. Just to be safe, I will say an extra prayer tonight for no more microscales and no more Quidditch pitches.

6 hours ago, Brickroll said:Maybe for me it is just the music, but I think GoF is the best movie—it probably could have been split into two though.

I recon that while Ootp maybe one of the weaker films, the soundtrack gets me every time. That Umbridge theme is perfect and the music when Fred and George playing with fireworks is spot on.

Lets say that they did hypothetically do another quidditch set with 2 Ravenclaw and 2 Hufflepuff team members (and another figure or two) like the first one (75956)... given that the first one had towers for all 4 houses and the rings etc. What do you think they could actually put in a build to make it interesting, but not the same?

Sorry @sebastian666 I know you don't want more quidditch pitches, you just got me wondering! :laugh:

Edited by chris6507

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Praise be! Thanks for settling my nerves. Just to be safe, I will say an extra prayer tonight for no more microscales and no more Quidditch pitches.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the wave if it was true. A $250 microscale anything would be amazing and a very easy skip for me. I'd rather have an easy skip over an uneasy purchase. The quidditch pitch isn't great but at least it wouldn't be too expensive and it's better than a D2C quidditch set like some have suggested. The rest of the wishlist/wave is solid. Under normal circumstances it would be rather weak but knowing what we know... I'm expecting the actual august wave to be far worse. 

43 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Lets say that they did hypothetically do another quidditch set with 2 Ravenclaw and 2 Hufflepuff team members (and another figure or two) like the first one (75956)... given that the first one had towers for all 4 houses and the rings etc. What do you think they could actually put in a build to make it interesting, but not the same?

Sorry @sebastian666 I know you don't want more quidditch pitches, you just got me wondering! :laugh:

I was just thinking about this earlier.  I cold see them making the House Towers over in more fitting colors like using the Dk Red for Gryffindor, Earth Green for Slytherin, Earth Blue for Ravenclaw, Flame Yellow Orange for Hufflepuff.  Only problem with that is they wouldn't mix well with the original ones in #75956.  They'd probably change up the shapes of them a bit too.  A new specialized broom would be nice.

1 hour ago, Tommy9 said:

I recon that while Ootp maybe one of the weaker films, the soundtrack gets me every time. That Umbridge theme is perfect and the music when Fred and George playing with fireworks is spot on.

I really like the soundtrack for OOTP as well. My main issue with the movie is that it's the shortest film but the longest book. I know there's about an hour of cut material which we never saw released as deleted scenes but David Yates is very hesitant to release extended editions it seems.

The worst two movies are definitely Goblet of Fire and Half-Blood Prince. Is it any coincidence that both focus extensively on teen drama?

2 minutes ago, Ravenclawed said:

Omg, I’ve just realised I want a Mrs Figg

Maybe if they ever do a remake of Privet Drive based on OOTP with the Dementors and an older version of Dudley. 

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

But would that do this without the trio? Sounds pretty unlikely.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I really like the soundtrack for OOTP as well. My main issue with the movie is that it's the shortest film but the longest book. I know there's about an hour of cut material which we never saw released as deleted scenes but David Yates is very hesitant to release extended editions it seems.

The worst two movies are definitely Goblet of Fire and Half-Blood Prince. Is it any coincidence that both focus extensively on teen drama?

I know it's not everything, but JJPotter has done extended editions of the movies 3-7 with all the released deleted scenes reintegrated masterfully back into the movies. Not sure if you've heard of it or not, but if anyone is interested in them, i'm happy to share the Mega links with you by DM. Of course you are supposed to own the movies first if you intend to download them though. 

Edited by chris6507

8 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Was the Microscale Hogwarts castle popular to warrant another microscale set that expensive?

Definitely, it was one of the top10 bestselling Lego sets in 2018, and I guess it has not sold bad after either since it still is for sale and often not in stock.
Would most of us want a new D2C not in minifigscale?! No and that's why I think we will get one in August:def_shrug:

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I know it's not everything, but JJPotter has done extended editions of the movies 3-7 with all the released deleted scenes reintegrated masterfully back into the movies. Not sure if you've heard of it or not, but if anyone is interested in them, i'm happy to share the Mega links with you by DM. Of course you are supposed to own the movies first if you intend to download them though. 

I've seen the extended editions that play on TV, which for some reason were never released on physical media besides movies 1-2, but it looks like JJPotter went beyond just adding back in deleted scenes since he cleaned up some of the effects as well. I would definitely be interested to see his versions! I already own at least two copies of each movie, not including digital. It's just a shame that WB is sitting on so much deleted Harry Potter material that has never even been released to the public. I'd definitely repurchase all the movies again if they did include more deleted scenes. 

6 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Maybe if they ever do a remake of Privet Drive based on OOTP with the Dementors and an older version of Dudley. 

They can make a set based on the playground in the openingscene of OOTP and even mix it up with the playground seen in POA, so they could at in a dog version of Serius. It complements the excisting sets 4 Privet Drive and the Knight Bus.

10 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

What could this set be? Could it be - a Microscale Wizarding World -- a set somewhat similar to The Hoth playset, but smaller in scale and includes EVERY single place in the Wizarding World as seen in the movies. Azkaban? You got it! Inferi Cave? Most definitely. Tom Riddle's Orphanage Definitely! Even the playground from Order of the Phoenix and the attack at the mobile home area in Deathly Hallows! All microscale. Yes, truly a marvelous set to behold. :wink:

At the amount you would have to shrink things down to fit everything in, the playground would probably only be a single 1x2 tile with a handle! 

If I would have to choose the next sets personally I would like.

Leaky cauldron maybe a small 40-50 set that can work nice with DA

Gringotts 100-120

Shrieking Shack 50

Bell towers with duel 130

Boat house 30-40

Durmstrang ship with second task 80-100

Ministry of magic 80

The tent and lake DH 30

Lovegood house or Malfoy manor 60

Inferi cave 20

Borgin and burges 50

Maybe some more Hogwarts expansions to round out Hogwarts

Flying keys and chess board and the mirror 30 each 

Motorcycle 20

These are just some of my ideas doesnt mean they will happen but I think its the most needed sets for the next years

Finally I've seen prelim images of june set. I've not a clear idea on what to think about yet.

I leave you something to pass time (and fill pages :wink:).

One thing I'm thinking about: where's Hagrid?

Ok, obviously it's not mandatory having Hagrid in every wave... oh, yeah, maybe it should be mandatory, shouldn't it? ...

So, in what august set would you like to have him (and won't have*)?

1) 250 very big brick Hagrid figure with very big brick Fang (and a very big brick umbrella) :iamded_lol:;
2) 120 Hogwarts Express remake with Hogsmeade station*;
3) 60 Hagrid's Hut remake*;
4) 30/40 Detention in  the Forbidden Forest*;
5) something else*;

I'd probably prefer the 4th. As an idea, I think this could have a nice potential. Realisation, obviuosly, can destroy the best ideas. 
Anyway, this won't happen... and we will have 250 Hagrid with Fang. :iamded_lol:

* Yeah, just wishful thinking. Keep low your expectations and you'll never be disappointed :tongue: