Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

4842 from 2010 didn't include Ron :wink: (which was really annoying actually - he came in Hagrid's Hut instead).

You're very right.  I still vaguely remember the uproar at the time!  Similarly Snape came in the Whomping Willow set instead in 2018.

13 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Transfiguration or Charms. McGonagall is a fantastic figure, but if you want a new teacher then Charms has Flitwick, although his legs annoy me because if they were olive green it would have given the illusion of his robes.

Flitwick is found in HP S]\.

eries 1.

54 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The face print others mention as new or belonging to Justin Finch-Fletchely, looks to me like a blurred Superman face from the Justice League Party set.

The eye brows and the mouth don‘t really match though... I‘m still pretty convinced this is a new face print. The rest of that figure is pretty suspicious, I‘ll give you that :classic:

I've been having fun adding Wizards from other franchises into my Diagon Alley and have added Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast, Dr. Strange & Wong. Can anyone think of any other franchises that exist in LEGO with Wizards or more to the point specific Wizards from other franchises I might not have thought of? There was also the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz, but not really into adding green faced people to my alley! :-D

Edited by chris6507

12 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I've been having fun adding Wizards from other franchises into my Diagon Alley and have added Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast, Dr. Strange & Wong. Can anyone think of any other franchises that exist in LEGO with Wizards or more to the point specific Wizards from other franchises I might not have thought of? There was also the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz, but not really into adding green faced people to my alley! :-D

It does sound fun to add some random characters from other franchise to Diagon Alley! I can’t think of anyon else to add, other than Wizkced Wizard. 

I am buidling Diagon Alley at this point. I may add Tyrannosaurus rex, Pteranodon, Triceratops to Diagon Alley set. :P I would add Luke Skywalker’s starfighter to the roof of Ollivander’s store. I would add Mickey and Minnie Mouse. My Diagon Alley would be an universal crossroad!

Personally, generic wizards and witches and some street vendors would be great!

13 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I've been having fun adding Wizards from other franchises into my Diagon Alley and have added Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast and Dr. Strange. Can anyone think of any other franchises that exist in LEGO with Wizards or more to the point specific Wizards from other franchises I might not have thought of? There was also the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz, but not really into adding green faced people to my alley! :-D

You could give the 2 CMF series wizards (71007 Wizard and 71008 Evil wizard) flesh heads and hands instead of their yellow ones. Or the Merlok DK book figure, if you own it, and the Vitruvius fig:

tlm071.png

21 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes but a completely different version so they look nothing alike. 

Gotcha! I thought you were talking about “new” figure. My bad. 

I recently remember someone suggesting that a new dragon head piece from Ninjago could be recoloured for the Ukrainian Ironbelly. I think this is the head piece they mean, it's from set7 1746.

I think it might work. What're your thoughts?

(sorry it's so cropped, it wouldn't let me upload any file size larger)

Screenshot_20210210_135705.jpg

18 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I recently remember someone suggesting that a new dragon head piece from Ninjago could be recoloured for the Ukrainian Ironbelly. I think this is the head piece they mean, it's from set7 1746.

I think it might work. What're your thoughts?

(sorry it's so cropped, it wouldn't let me upload any file size larger)

Screenshot_20210210_135705.jpg

Literally thought this was the Basilisk for a second lol

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I’ve added the minifigs from Charles dickens, Princess Leia from the force awakens with a witches hat on, the witch from cmf Halloween but changed her into flesh coloured and some more cmf’s but changed them with the German football players flesh heads and hands like that highway man with the cape and pirate hat and Shakespeare among others. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Literally thought this was the Basilisk for a second lol

Tbh that's not a bad idea actually. It was coloured in green with a similar print it could be the Basilisk.

27 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I’ve added the minifigs from Charles dickens, Princess Leia from the force awakens with a witches hat on, the witch from cmf Halloween but changed her into flesh coloured and some more cmf’s but changed them with the German football players flesh heads and hands like that highway man with the cape and pirate hat and Shakespeare among others. 

Sounds great.  I've only got Gandalf as a non-HP fig in Diagon Alley for now but if the Leaky Cauldron is ever released (pleeeease) then I'll have Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli round a table.

Speaking of adapting CMF figs, I was thinking about making a custom Firenze using the HP centaur head/torso with the new CMF centaur body in a lighter colour and a different hairpiece.  But the HP centaur torso has dark brown around the waist and I don't think it would look too good unfortunately because I like the idea of using the different coloured piece.

15 minutes ago, Yope said:

Sounds great.  I've only got Gandalf as a non-HP fig in Diagon Alley for now but if the Leaky Cauldron is ever released (pleeeease) then I'll have Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli round a table.

Speaking of adapting CMF figs, I was thinking about making a custom Firenze using the HP centaur head/torso with the new CMF centaur body in a lighter colour and a different hairpiece.  But the HP centaur torso has dark brown around the waist and I don't think it would look too good unfortunately because I like the idea of using the different coloured piece.

I use the torso (reddish brown) of the CMF minotaur for Firenze with the lighter colour centaur body

You could use the manbat torso alternatively

Edited by Metanoios91

My predictions for the DH sets are:

76391 $249.99 - Gringotts Bank: Harry, Ron (disguise), Hermione (Bellatrix), Griphook, 2x Goblins, 2x Bank Guards, Mundungus Fletcher, Golden Dumbledore and the Ironbelly dragon. 

76392 $59.99 - Wedding Tent: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bill, Fleur and Death Eater 

76393 $119.99 - The Battle of Hogwarts: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Voldemort, McGonagall, 2x Knights, Death Eater, Bellatrix, Giant and Spider. 

76394 $39.99 - The Tent: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Snatcher and Doe patronus.

76395 $29.99 - The Flight of the 7 Potters: Harry and Hagrid on flying motorbike, Death Eater and Voldemort. 

Other potential sets could be Hogwarts Courtyard (with Harry, Luna and the Grey Lady); Godric's Hollow (with Harry, Hermione and Bathilda Bagshot); Malfoy Manor, Shell Cottage, The Lovegood House or the Ministry of Magic. 

The sets being Deathly hallows based is just  theories and speculation  unless anyone recently confirmed anything else?

1 minute ago, deskp said:

The sets being Deathly hallows based is just  theories and speculation  unless anyone recently confirmed anything else?

There hasn't been any confirmation, no, but I simply can't see them breaking their habit. Especially given this is the 10 year anniversary of the final movie and that they hardly got any sets in past iterations. I would be more shocked if they weren't DH sets than if they were.

19 hours ago, Yope said:

It's a shame that it's less affordable (impossible) for most kids to collect all the sets they like

Was that ever possible for most kids? I never wanted for anything growing up, but I had pretty much no chance of ever getting any set with a RRP higher than £50 or so, unless I saved up for it myself - and on pocket money of £2 a week I never got close to the expensive sets. It never stopped me dreaming of having all the sets, but there was an acceptance that I'd have to pick and choose which sets I wanted, I couldn't realistically hope to get the whole line. For me that ability to get more of what I want is the biggest perk of being an AFOL and having more of my own money to spend.

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

There hasn’t been any confirmation and I might not hold your breath for deathly hallows 

2 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

There hasn't been any confirmation, no, but I simply can't see them breaking their habit. Especially given this is the 10 year anniversary of the final movie and that they hardly got any sets in past iterations. I would be more shocked if they weren't DH sets than if they were.

Agreed. Skipping DH would be extremely disappointing to me, especially when you consider that DH1 has already been skipped once before. There is a score that needs to be settled :tongue:

We do have that Karkaroff head, so some more goblet set/s   seems inevitable. Also that dual fin mermaid tail..

Might i hold my breath for that?

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Huh? What head and tail? 

It was used for the first time with the DA photographer, but it clearly wasnt made for that character.

the tail that the icecream mermaid uses in vidiyo

42206567522_68ca040315_w.jpg

I made a list of the sets each movie has received since the theme was re-launched. 

Philosopher's Stone: Great Hall, Quidditch Match, Motions Potions Class, Moments Charms Class, Diagon Alley (Ollivanders), the Forbidden Corridor (unreleased).

Chamber of Secrets: Whomping Willow, Aragog's Lair, 4 Privet Drive, Moments Herbology Class, Moments Transfiguration Class, Diagon Alley (Flourish & Blotts), Chamber of Secrets and Myrtle's Bathroom (unreleased). 

Prisoner of Azkaban: Hogwarts Express, Expecto Patronum, Hagrid's Hut, the Knight Bus, Hogsmeade (unreleased). 

Goblet of Fire: Clocktower, Hungarian Horntail task, Beauxbatons Carriage, Rise of Voldemort. 

Order of the Phoenix: Room of Requirement, Umbridge's Encounter.

Half-Blood Prince: Astronomy Tower, the Burrow, Diagon Alley (Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes). 

Deathly Hallows:

For me, OOtP really stands out as being behind in sets. It's obviously missing two very significant buildings/scenes - Grimmauld Place and the Ministry of Magic. We could also see small scenes like Umbridge's office, the Hogwarts carriage, Dudley's dementor attack, but they aren't crucial IMO.